DYNO...696 HP 55 motor !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 06:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
DYNO...696 HP 55 motor !!!

From Kleemann... SL55 stage 4 + SLR Intercoolers...and bigger pulley...

Not sure exactly what size but before they where telling me about 180 outside edge...so around 175 inside...

We have CLS55 and E55 with these mods done already...I am scared they gone beat ME...

Victor competition never sleeps..where is VRP TOP Mount IC

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 01-30-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 Black / Black Every available option except Sat radio
Old 01-30-2008, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Those are Kleeman flywheel numbers not rwhp. I never understood why they always quote flywheel hp.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
I guess they use it as a selling technique with the flywheel numbers. The non-educated consumer will just see flywheel, IMO. lol!!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
I almost purchased the SL55 Stage 4 Kit from Kleemann.

That is, until I found VRP and seen what they Do and had to Offer for the V8 55 Kompressor.

Man, I'm so Glad I didn't go the Kleeman Route.

My SL55 is currently at VRP's Shop and will be Transformed into a VR700+ Monster (Havoc Stage 1). VRP is currently working on Every Aspect of the 55 Kompressor and is Willing to go Far and Beyond any other Tuner and turn the 55 Kompressor into a "Serious Monster" if needed (Havoc Stages 2 & 3). Stay Tuned....

Last edited by Havoc; 01-30-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Old 01-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by rflow306
Those are Kleeman flywheel numbers not rwhp. I never understood why they always quote flywheel hp.
+1
Old 01-30-2008, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Havoc
I almost purchased the SL55 Stage 4 Kit from Kleemann.

That is, until I found VRP and seen what they Do and had to Offer for the V8 55 Kompressor.

Man, I'm so Glad I didn't go the Kleeman Route.
This is meant as no disrespect espicaily to Vic, but you say what you have seen VRP do? what was it that you have seen them do? Kleeman has been doing this for awhile with proven results. Althought Vic has the drive to be the best some day laughing at Kleeman is funny to me.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Wow, very impressive numbers
So Kleemann is almost at 700 hp now. Someone needs to dyno this car on a dynojet and get some rear wheel hp numbers for comparison.

I wonder how fast a 700 hp E55 SUPER Beast can go down the 1/4 mile

Juicee, do you want chime in on this one?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Wow, very impressive numbers
So Kleemann is almost at 700 hp now. Someone needs to dyno this car on a dynojet and get some rear wheel hp numbers for comparison.

I wonder how fast a 700 hp E55 SUPER Beast can go down the 1/4 mile

Juicee, do you want chime in on this one?
All one really needs to do is find out what conversion factor kleemann uses to convert whp to their chp.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
This is meant as no disrespect espicaily to Vic, but you say what you have seen VRP do? what was it that you have seen them do? Kleeman has been doing this for awhile with proven results. Althought Vic has the drive to be the best some day laughing at Kleeman is funny to me.
I understand where you're coming from. I have a certain build in mind for my car. I Spoke to Kleeman to Find Out How Far they will Go into my Engine and what they had to Offer and what they're Currently Working on to Add Additional Boost, other than pulleys, to the 55 Kompressor. Well, I'm not sure if they took me seriously or not, but all they offered me was the Kleeman Stage 4 Kit. They do provide Cams, but not Stage 3 Heads like VRP. And in regards to More Boost, they're not willing to look into the upgrades I wanted because the Stage 4 Kit was enough and the upgrades I'm looking for will not be marketable. Whatever!

I like the fact that VRP will go, currently is and has gone all the way into the 55 Kompressor and before I could ask Victor about my Boost Upgrades, he was throwing them at me Left and Right. The Fact is, in My Particular Situation, VRP is Currently Taking the 55 Kompressor to the Next Level And Is Willing to Go Far And Beyond to Give Me What I Want. WOW!!

I Can Care Less if Kleeman Has Been Around For 100 Years and Has the Stats To Prove It. They Stopped Short and In My Book, That's Not GOOD Enough! They Lost Out! Who's Laughing at Kleeman Now, HAVOC!!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I understand where you're coming from. I have a certain build in mind for my car. I Spoke to Kleeman to Find Out How Far they will Go into my Engine and what they had to Offer and what they're Currently Working on to Add Additional Boost, other than pulleys, to the 55 Kompressor. Well, I'm not sure if they took me seriously or not, but all they offered me was the Kleeman Stage 4 Kit. They do provide Cams, but not Stage 3 Heads like VRP. And in regards to More Boost, they're not willing to look into the upgrades I wanted because the Stage 4 Kit was enough and the upgrades I'm looking for will not be marketable. Whatever!

I like the fact that VRP will go, currently is and has gone all the way into the 55 Kompressor and before I could ask Victor about my Boost Upgrades, he was throwing them at me Left and Right. The Fact is, in My Particular Situation, VRP is Currently Taking the 55 Kompressor to the Next Level And Is Willing to Go Far And Beyond to Give Me What I Want. WOW!!

I Can Care Less if Kleeman Has Been Around For 100 Years and Has the Stats To Prove It. They Stopped Short and In My Book, That's Not GOOD Enough! They Lost Out! Who's Laughing at Kleeman Now, HAVOC!!
There are probably many reasons why they didn't want to go deeper into the engine; I think it is mainly because of cost. Since not many people are willing to go that far in mods, they figure they won't sell enough of the kit to make a profit. Most of the other major tuners are the same way. Since they're forced to spend a lot of money on R&D before proceeding, they won't dig deep enough into the engine unless they calculate that they'll sell a lot of units.
With smaller local tuners, the situation is a little different. They'll do custom jobs for every individual. You can probably find many places that are willing to modify your engine to the extremes. I remember seeing a video one time of a 1900 hp highly modified viper I'm sure with a lot of modifications, they can get your engine to at least 1000 hp.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
There are probably many reasons why they didn't want to go deeper into the engine; I think it is mainly because of cost. Since not many people are willing to go that far in mods, they figure they won't sell enough of the kit to make a profit. Most of the other major tuners are the same way. Since they're forced to spend a lot of money on R&D before proceeding, they won't dig deep enough into the engine unless they calculate that they'll sell a lot of units.
With smaller local tuners, the situation is a little different. They'll do custom jobs for every individual. You can probably find many places that are willing to modify your engine to the extremes. I remember seeing a video one time of a 1900 hp highly modified viper I'm sure with a lot of modifications, they can get your engine to at least 1000 hp.
I Totally Agree With What you are Saying, and don't get me wrong, 700 Horses is a Huge Accomplishment.
However, I have a Particular Build in Mind for my SL55 and I Want to Stay Exclusive with Whatever Tuner Can Make it Happen, but I Won't have Just Anyone Build it. They Must Know the Ins And Outs of the 55 Kompressor Engine!
I know that Both Kleeman And RENNtech Are All That, but They Frustrated Me Because They Were Not Willing to Take My Car to the Level I Wanted.

Last edited by Havoc; 01-30-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
power converted to rwhp and TQ

696hp & 760lbs= 557rwhp & 608rwtq @ 20% drive train loss
696hp & 760lbs= 578rwhp & 631rwtq @ 17% drive train loss

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there modded E55 owners who are already at this power level, or at very close to it?

And, BTW yes, crank numbers do sound more impressive.

Last edited by Tech-Tune; 01-30-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K

I agree...Kleemann knows their staff and has good reputation... and just having diff market strategy...

Regarding fly wheels numbers...All the tuners in Europe and car manufactures quote flywheels numbers...
Old 01-30-2008, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55

K, althought you did anwser the question thats fine.
when does all this go down with your car? when will it be done? cant wait to see the dyno. good luck.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K

Man you funny...Look at reality...I havent seen VRP car making 696 HP yet...No disrespect to VRP or anything I sure with time we will see Havoc 1000 HP kit...BUT I see these Kleemann dyno that is looking very healthy rightnow...and so far only Kleemann and Evotech where able to come close to 700 HP with thier cars....They have reliable and proven kits and dont want to risk their reputation...Its for normal people not for crazy HP heads like US...Who is willling to take that risk...Go beyond, willing to experiment...and sometimes use our cars for R&D...not knowning the final results yet...or even if the kits is working or reliable at the end...

Finish you car tuning 1st... then We talk about it...if you get at least 696 HP

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 01-30-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

K, althought you did anwser the question thats fine.
when does all this go down with your car? when will it be done? cant wait to see the dyno. good luck.
Thanks Man!
I was talking about Head Work, especially installing Enlarged Valves. My Main Goal is a Sh*t Load of More Boost, Race Ported Heads with Bigger Valves and Very Aggressive Cams, along with Everything Else I can put on it. Even though I was willing to Be a Ginny Pig and let Kleeman or RENNtech Play with it, they wanted No Part of it. Hey, I understand, No Worries!

My car is Currently at VRPs Shop. The Heads are being removed as we speak and will Be Shipped to Canada shortly. The Build should take 3 weeks to be Completed. I will Post the Build for all to See. This is Havoc Stage 1. Havoc Stage 2 & 3 are to follow.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
Man you funny...Look at reality...
Finish you car tuning 1st... then We talk about it...if you get at least 696 HP
I'm Not Funny, Just Insane!

I am Looking at Reality, Both Kleeman and RENNteah would Not Do the Head Work I wanted or My Complete Build for that Matter.
Hey, it’s My Benefit Because I’m the Paying Customer and They’re Not Getting My Cash. These Big Named Tuners Are Stuck On Themselves. I Understand I must Pay To Play, But Don’t Take Advantage of Me With Over Priced Small Modifications and Feed Me Some Bullsh*t With Guaranteed Performance Numbers and Not Even Want to Touch The Heads and Go For Some Serious Horsepower.
As far as I’m concerned, They Can Take Their Little Kits and Shove It Up Their Exhaust!

You Got it!

Last edited by Havoc; 01-30-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
dyno's

well at least we can now wait for another VRP machine to get dyno numbers.

VRP dyno numbers seem incredibly hard to come by.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Thanks Man!
I was talking about Head Work, especially installing Enlarged Valves. My Main Goal is a Sh*t Load of More Boost, Race Ported Heads with Bigger Valves and Very Aggressive Cams, along with Everything Else I can put on it. Even though I was willing to Be a Ginny Pig and let Kleeman or RENNtech Play with it, they wanted No Part of it. Hey, I understand, No Worries!

My car is Currently at VRPs Shop. The Heads are being removed as we speak and will Be Shipped to Canada shortly. The Build should take 3 weeks to be Completed. I will Post the Build for all to See. This is Havoc Stage 1. Havoc Stage 2 & 3 are to follow.
Nice........ I can't wait to hear your comparison between the old and new beast
Old 01-30-2008, 06:30 PM

SL65 AMG
Agree on some big tuners not wanting to take your car "all the way" but I also see why they dont. I am sure they have done the home work needed to know the limits of the car. The kleemann sl55 is right on par with a pulley, tune slr that was done. That car made 575whp and something like 600-650wlbft. Makes sense that these are the final numbers on the sl55 as well since the only thing really missing was the slr intercoolers. That car is a beast and if it is lighter then the sl65 it will be faster. That car will be a beast I hope the guy gets some sticky rubber. Good post e55 Russ
Old 01-30-2008, 06:31 PM

SL65 AMG

Originally Posted by SLK55R
well at least we can now wait for another VRP machine to get dyno numbers.

VRP dyno numbers seem incredibly hard to come by.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Specially vadims...Hahahahah,

hey vadim, just picking on you man...
Old 01-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Almost a Member!

CLS55, BMW 540, SUPRA
I really need to step in here and add my 2cents. I am gonna call it the way i see it. I dont mean to offend anyone. I have not posted much on this board, but have been reading and following quite a while since I bought my CLS55 a while back.

First, the Kleemann dyno chart looks like ***. I would never trust a tuner that is advertising a dyno sheet that shows AFRs in the 9s. What are they trying to prove, that they have no clue on what a properly tuned car should run at? Also, crank hp is bs. Show me a dynojet/mustang dyno and then i will believe it. But i can tell you that if its making even ~550whp with that tune, you can probably pick up another 30-40whp if you bring the AFRs to 11.5-11.7 range.

Second, although i applaud VRP for taking on new challenges, i have seen way too many threads where a new project is announced when other things are still left without being perfected. I would rather VRP perfect one mod and build form there.

I like the "VRP550" thread. They approached a single mod, and tried to fix the ECU problems of retarding timing, and dumping fuel. It really really surprises me that VRP has done heads without flow testing before and after INCLUDING port velocity on every single head. The heads are not CNC ported, so every one is going to be different. The excuse of quick turn around does not go well with me cause no owner would have a problem of waiting another day or two to make sure they are getting the product they were promised. No offense, but if my shop gave me a head without it, i would consider the head not done. As many of you guys have seen, just because it feels faster does not mean diddly.

I am hearing statements such as "...VRP cams should be just a drop in and no retune is needed..." The VRP cams sure look nice, but do we have any specs? I hope i dont hear that they are "secret." In other parts of the tuning world, cam specs are readily available. You and your tuner should now what your duration, lift, lobe profile looks like. All these will change how your car even idles and drives around town. Not everything is about WOT. Assuming that the cams offer higher duration and lift, a tune is a must!

I have yet to see a proper dyno of the before and after cams or heads to show an improvement on the V8 compressor engine. Not that its not possible, but i have not seen it on this forum. Jackpro1 is the only member that has done a VRP head and cams and he has lost power. His AFRs look pig rich. I am not sure what are the timings . But now VRP wants him to ship the car to him which will cost $2200 so they can tune it. And there is no guaranty yet.

Should this not have been thought of or discussed before he embarked on this expensive project? What happens if he sends his car and spends the money and his car is not making significantly more power than a car with just a pulley and tune? Even in the VRP550 thread, just with a pulley and tune costing $2500, they are putting down ~470whp. Do you guys think that dropping another ~$10k including labor should allow jackpro1 to make at least ~500-520whp?

If not, and he was shared this information, maybe he would not have gone this route. I dont mean to go off on VRP. Again, i applaud their projects. But we can not allow other members cars to be used for R&D and let them foot the bill if it does not work out. I would love to see VRP attack jackpro1's car and let us all see what kind of power it puts down before they even take a single $ from another member that is thinking of doing a head or cam. If that is not fair, then i am not sure what to say.

Last edited by saman6164; 01-30-2008 at 07:12 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: DYNO...696 HP 55 motor !!!