Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunning Horrific Nightmare

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 55
I got three pages into this before I felt like smashing my head into my desk, but when I stopped reading no one so far had mentioned the fact that this guy thinks there should be a brake pad for each piston. I've never seen a setup like that before. Is this actually how MB does it???
Old 02-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Old 02-04-2008, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Sorry guys. I've got to go with the OP on this. Nothing against the tuner(s) in question, but I think it's their responsibility to be sure a car they're working is OK before turning a wrench. Evosport pretty much insisted on a pre-modification dyno of my car before they started work on it. No hard sell, and they in fact had no problem installing a used Kleemann pulley on my car, but Simon really wanted to see before and after numbers (as I did). S**t happens to everyone, but I have to agree that if it were my car, I'd want everything fixed without me chasing this or that guy. That's pretty much how it is in my business. Until all is well, the last guy to touch the widget owns the widget. Anyone who is considering mods should be wary of the tuner who doesn't want to see, or care, what a car dyno's stock. It's just not enough time & money to skip this important step. If it's just say, a resonator delete, I can understand, but pulley, ECU, TCU, headers, TB, etc. are just too expensive and invasive to risk NOT double checking and getting a before and after run. These are not $10-15K Hondas.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by Fast55
If it's just say, a resonator delete, I can understand, but pulley, ECU, TCU, headers, TB, etc. are just too expensive and invasive to risk NOT double checking and getting a before and after run.
What's invasive about a pulley, TB or headers? These are all bolt-on parts. Invasive to me means engine internals like cams or headwork, or modifying the factory software code in your ECU or TCU. You have to feel sorry for bonafide tuning companies like Renntech where incompetent installers (posing as "tuners") mess up and then the customer thinks its the product supplier's fault, and not the installer's.

I do agree, though, that the starting point for all costly mods should be a good baseline dyno so you can see what effect the mod had, good or bad.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
answer

still haven't answered why you are still using a EE tune when you are so dissatisfied.

As to the dyno ... it is partially adam's fault for NOT doing a pre dyno ... but as the customer you should of pushed for this as well. My guess is that this was rushed thats why no dyno.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:28 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by Big Carrot
I got three pages into this before I felt like smashing my head into my desk, but when I stopped reading no one so far had mentioned the fact that this guy thinks there should be a brake pad for each piston. I've never seen a setup like that before. Is this actually how MB does it???
Well...the OP's typing isn't the best I've ever seen, but I think all he meant is that EE ordered the wrong pads even after he told them he had the 8-piston setup.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:39 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by SLK55R
still haven't answered why you are still using a EE tune when you are so dissatisfied.

As to the dyno ... it is partially adam's fault for NOT doing a pre dyno ... but as the customer you should of pushed for this as well. My guess is that this was rushed thats why no dyno.
I dunno...probably because he's still waiting for EE to call him and offer to make it right, before he goes and shells out more money and loses the car for another day or two to get it remapped by someone else.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600

Last edited by trumpet1; 02-04-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:11 PM

E 211
Originally Posted by Big Carrot
Take a look at your wheels 8 in the front 4 on each side
Old 02-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Just for the record, my motor was toasted by adding a RennTech pulley.

Rocket, dude, you aren't getting the point. IF the customer is made whole during the process, then I agree with you. BUT, if the customer had to jump through hoops to make it right, then he should be compensated for jumping through hoops. Obviously, the more hoops, the more compensation. Now, add to that permanent damage. In this case, there may be none. But, in mine, I lost a good deal of value in the car when it needed a refurbished motor.

Here is the truth. IF EE makes this right, then the cat has no grounds to sue. That is the game. Once you serve the papers, then the court will only look at that one moment in time. Was the customer made whole at that point? If not, then the customer wins. And as much as you may hate it, the customer will also be awarded damages amounting to what the judge feels is fair, based on the actual and virtual costs!!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by SLK55R

The tuner would be the one that has a copy of his stock flash.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Oh yeah, VADIM "the Fed" FTW!!!!! I trust that guy with my car so much it isn't even funny. Not because nothing will ever happen to it, but because he will be honest about it. Customer Service FWIW.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by kompressed55
What's invasive about a pulley, TB or headers? These are all bolt-on parts. Invasive to me means engine internals like cams or headwork, or modifying the factory software code in your ECU or TCU. You have to feel sorry for bonafide tuning companies like Renntech where incompetent installers (posing as "tuners") mess up and then the customer thinks its the product supplier's fault, and not the installer's.

I do agree, though, that the starting point for all costly mods should be a good baseline dyno so you can see what effect the mod had, good or bad.
Ordinarily I would agree with you. However, on a $50,000.00 55K motor, we all have seen how horrifically expensive a pulley install gone wrong can be (example and point taken). What if the careless "tuner" or yourself for that matter, allows something to fall into the intake during a TB install? Again, these ain't your dime a dozen Hondas we're talking about modding here. I still think the prudent tuner and owner will get a baseline dyno done even though a "missing" 100 HP on a 65 should be pretty obvious.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:25 PM

Received 132 Likes on 77 Posts
S 63 Coupe, GLS 63
Why didn't anyone mention these stories before (blown motors,etc...)
Old 02-04-2008, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by CWW
This thread is ridiculous.

The OP obviously has the cars he says he does...look at his stuff on youtube. The OP also obviously went into the shop in question and had the experience he said he had with them, because if that weren't the case the shop would be on here screaming "it wasn't us!". They have not. As to the vague references to defamation, the truth is always an absolute defense in defamation actions...so unless there's something hinky going on, then the shop shouldn't worry about posting what really happened.

As to the bumper, the shop ordered and authorized the tow...not the OP. The OP shows up weeks later to find the damage already done. In that scenario, the shop is responsible. It's clearly a bailment, and they are liable for any damage occurring while the car was in their possession. Remember: They called for the tow, not the OP. They were responsible for making sure it went ok.

EE should pay for the bumper and then turn around and collect from the tow company to reimburse themselves, 1: Because legally they will have to do that anyway if the OP pushes the point and 2: Because it's not fair of them to say "oops $%#& happens, so now it's up to YOU to waste your time going after the tow truck driver that we had to call because we $#@!&*% your car up so bad that only the dealer could fix it..." Come on, that's not fair, and you all know it.

I can't believe the amount if crap getting heaped on the OP. This has been a giant hassle for him, and the tuner isn't standing up to make it right. If the OP not only wants his car back in the condition it was when he dropped it off, but also wants a partial refund, a new tune, or some other kind of acknowledgement for his time and headache, then SO WHAT? He deserves some "free $%#&" for having to deal with this crap and being without a car for a month.

And why are people making poorly veiled threats of violence? That's retarded. We're not in middle school, and most people aren't 12-yr olds that you can intimidate with biceps. Somebody shows up at my door threatening me and I won't give two $%&#s about what their muscles look like compared to mine...I don't need much strength to pull the trigger. Threaten enough people and you'll eventually run into someone who feels the same way. Perfectly legal too, at least in my state.

This thread just makes me ill. The OP is owed an apology, both by the tuner and by a lot of the folks in this thread.

Way to stick up for your fellow members.
The issue I see with your post (besides the condescending tone) is you have assumed that you have all the facts when you really have just one side of the story. Everything you say might be true but I'm waiting to hear from the tuner before being quite so sure of myself.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:57 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by sack5000
....... but I'm waiting to hear from the tuner before being quite so sure of myself.
Guys -
I think this is a good place for us to stop all this conjecture. At this point, everythings been said that needed to be said.
I would hope for EE's sake and reputation, they make the customer happy and then come here and post to that effect. Otherwise, I have a feeling their reputation will have been permanently damaged.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:09 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by sack5000
The issue I see with your post (besides the condescending tone) is you have assumed that you have all the facts when you really have just one side of the story. Everything you say might be true but I'm waiting to hear from the tuner before being quite so sure of myself.
I don't think I have all the facts...but that isn't the point...

I read a ton of posts where people were bashing the OP up one side and down the other, calling him a liar, saying he didn't own the cars he has multiple youtube vids of (that was einstenian), drinking the Jim-Jones Koolaid over not wanting to question E.E., and even threatening physical violence when others disagreed with the E.E. party line...

Ya I thought it was ****ing ridiculous. Sorry if my tone was 'condescending', but that crap was irritating and uncalled for. Whatever my tone was, it was a helluva lot better than what the OP was suffering through.

And if I don't have all the facts, then all the rude-assed E.E. defenders sure didn't have all the facts either, did they?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Originally Posted by LZH
Guys -
I think this is a good place for us to stop all this conjecture. At this point, everythings been said that needed to be said.
I would hope for EE's sake and reputation, they make the customer happy and then come here and post to that effect. Otherwise, I have a feeling their reputation will have been permanently damaged.
ummmm... Ya think?
The mere fact that he hasnt posted anything thus far is more than enough reason why I personally would never use him for future modifications.

Its kinda creepy when a guy who often posts has absolutely nothing to say for the last 2 days.
Or maybe he's busy packing and needs both hands for his suit case and E-tickets.

I especially like the part where some members are still waiting to hear the tuners side of this story.
I'm curious to see how long these members are going to wait before they realize that the tuners silence has already proven his guilt.

Last edited by Tech-Tune; 02-04-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Sorry, some of my replies are to earlier posts. I've been out of town the last couple of days, so I'm just now catching up.

Regarding the OP just wants "free stuff" issue: I completely disagree with that. In fact, even if he would get something for free, it would not really be for free: it has cost him a lot of time (money), frustration, aggravation, loss of value to his car, plus any unknown future damage that may still occur because of the tune. Assuming he gets a discount on a product or even gets it for free, I don't see that being un-reasonable compensation.

Regarding the "people hiding their bad experiences with tuners", I think it is very un-productive. Whoever has had a bad experience with EuroElites or any other tuner, please come forward and share your experiences in order to save other members from falling in the same trap. This forum is a good tool to benefit the community, isn't it?

I am personally amazed at all the negative feedbacks regarding EuroElites that are suddenly surfacing. Before this thread, I have never heard of any negative experience from EuroElites; all I've heard was very positive experience. In fact, I don't even think I've heard a SINGLE bad thing about them. But after this thread, I (and I'm sure many other members) will think twice before using them in the future.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by zoink
BTW, I understand all the controversy around this... with Adam/EE as the primary suspect.

So regardless the controversy, I still believe in them (at least until I got screwed also... LOL ) ... they may actually have screwed up OP's cars... but they also have quite a lot of satisfied customers and they still produce good products at reasonable price....
First it's Adam from HPS now it's Adam from EE. What gives
Old 02-04-2008, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
ummmm... Ya think?
The mere fact that he hasnt posted anything thus far is more than enough reason why I personally would never use him for future modifications.

Its kinda creepy when a guy who often posts has absolutely nothing to say for the last 2 days.
Or maybe he's busy packing and needs both hands for his suit case and E-tickets.

I especially like the part where some members are still waiting to hear the tuners side of this story.
I'm curious to see how long these members are going to wait before they realize that the tuners silence has already proven his guilt.
Then you clearly have not read all the posts in this thread. EE / Adam is doing exactly what a lawyer would tell him to do and what others on this thread have clearly recommended. Do not touch this issue online, keep it private until the resolution with the customer is complete. If Ballz is happy with the resolution in the end HE will come online and say so.

His silence has nothing to do with "guilt" and everything to do with how a business SHOULD conduct itself during a dispute with a customer.

We should get off their case.

Ballz, I hope this all works out to you satisfaction.
Adam, I hope you do not get yourself distracted by the posts and focus on your customer problem.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
First it's Adam from HPS now it's Adam from EE. What gives
Got to break the promise one more time... LOL.

It looks like an IQ test.... an algebra chain or whatever you want to call it... Adam from H... Adam from E.... Hmmm.... 3 letters apart... so I would guess next would be Adam from B.... (Brabus? ).
Old 02-04-2008, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
Then you clearly have not read all the posts in this thread. EE / Adam is doing exactly what a lawyer would tell him to do and what others on this thread have clearly recommended. Do not touch this issue online, keep it private until the resolution with the customer is complete. If Ballz is happy with the resolution in the end HE will come online and say so.

His silence has nothing to do with "guilt" and everything to do with how a business SHOULD conduct itself during a dispute with a customer.

We should get off their case.

Ballz, I hope this all works out to you satisfaction.
Adam, I hope you do not get yourself distracted by the posts and focus on your customer problem.
Jon, I still think Adam or someone from EuroElites should at least state a concise statement presenting their side of the story. They don't have to keep responding back and forth or even answering questions, but just state what happened truthfully just as if they were stating it to any court. Just because it is online does not mean it is bad for them or will hurt them. If BallzyS55 had not come forward and shared his experience, non of us would've known about it. And on a larger scale, if everybody kept their experiences private hoping to fix it privately, then none of the tuners would be bad at all
Old 02-04-2008, 10:07 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
EE / Adam is doing exactly what a lawyer would tell him to do and what others on this thread have clearly recommended.
I'm confused, becasue that "would" you throw in there is again, purely speculation. Unless of course you know something we don't. Has anyone here spoken to Adam, or anyone else at EE, and confirmed that the OP has already threatened litigation ???
Or, perhaps that's a question for the OP.

BallzyS55 - I don't mean to put you on the spot, but lets get this out in the open so we can all understand why no one from EE has posted here...
It's a yes or no question - Have you, or your cousin, threatened any sort of legal action in your conversations with EE ??
If the answer is YES, then I totally understand why they have not posted a response to this mess.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:11 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Jon, I still think Adam or someone from EuroElites should at least state a concise statement presenting their side of the story. They don't have to keep responding back and forth or even answering questions, but just state what happened truthfully just as if they were stating it to any court.
I was thinking the same thing about 3 pages ago
There is absolutly no reason why they can't post something as simple as

"we are sorry for this and are currently working with the customer to find an amicable resolution"

And actually....if they did do that, and tried to do whatever it takes to make the customer happy - WITHIN REASON....that's the key. Well, if they did all this and the OP is still not happy yet continues to bash them online....well, now words like "defamation, vilification, slander, and libel" come into play....

Last edited by LZH; 02-04-2008 at 10:17 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tunning Horrific Nightmare