Old 02-06-2008, 04:03 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by E55JAY
really, imagine that
Off topic again..
Jay i noticed your sig says AMG ECU TCU tune. Didn't you have Renntech tune?
Also how you get AMG to tune it for you ?

Last edited by Zod; 02-06-2008 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A slow Tahoe!
Wrong tune for the 65???

Since EE couldn't order the right breaks for one the cars, do you think they could have possibly tuned the 65 with the wrong software.....Would a S65 even start with a S55 tune?

It seems EE was having a very bad day at the office.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Zod
Off topic again..
Jay i noticed your sig says AMG ECU TCU tune. Didn't you have Renntech tune?
Also how you get AMG to tune it for you ?
1. No
2. That is one of the best kept secrets around. I wish I knew how I could get one myself. I am thinking that they tune european based cars and maybe that is how it was done. I don't think he has said exactly how it was done.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:30 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by neveo
i wasnt aware that you guys were still using the ecu tune, the tcu upgrade and the elm. i would be careful of having some unknown dealer flash your car and see that you have made the mods that you have. some service advisors can be really **** and you might want to be cautious about having your warranty voided.

Maybe it's time to put the posturing aside, layoff posting on this thread for a day or so and make a reasonable non threatening approach to EE to work this out. perhaps try alternative dispute resolution. Based on your posts EE appears to have a good relationship with a dealer, collectively they saw to it that you got a new SC,and new tranny under warranty. I would think that you would rather have your cars in the condition they were before you decided to mod the vehicles. it's completely illogical for EE to not pay[they collect from the tow company later] for the bumper unless there is a lot more to this story than what you have posted, perhaps that might be case. maybe work with EE so the same dealer will get you back to pre mod state with minimal or no expense to yourself. sometimes the best settlements are when both sides feel like they didnt win. i think each party bears some responsibility in mitigating their damages and that takes some cooperation from both sides.

getting a pound a flesh feels good but i think you would rather be back to square one and enjoying your cars. this way you guys can do your due diligence and risk your car again with another tuner who you can build a long term relationship with. sounds almost too easy unless both parties have dug in their heels ready for the expensive fight that only their attorneys will come out ahead in.
He still wouldn't be back to square 1 though...

What about the thousands of bucks he paid these guys, only to end up stock again because they botched it so badly? If that's going to be the resolution, he is owed a refund so he can take his money somewhere else.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 e55
Originally Posted by CWW
He still wouldn't be back to square 1 though...

What about the thousands of bucks he paid these guys, only to end up stock again because they botched it so badly? If that's going to be the resolution, he is owed a refund so he can take his money somewhere else.
agreed. again if both can be reasonable and cooperate it would make sense for the op to be refunded back all the costs as long as the the OP returns all of the equipment. i tend to think there is a lot more to this than we know, maybe things were said and or done in the heat of it all... not taking sides but my two cents. this shouldnt of have become the problem that it is. doesn't add up from reading the posts of OP and it doesnt add up from my experience as a customer of EE and or my experience as a business owner.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
It's 416 posts and no full resolution....

I am starting to think this is alot bigger then what we were informed...
Old 02-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by KENNtech
Rocket, as the West Coast rep for RENNtech who personally knows Adam and Tony and I have met you, let me say your comments can not be further from the truth. I know you only know what Adam tell you, but EE owed RENNtech lots (and I mean lots) of money and that is one of the MANY reasons we cut them off as a dealer.
Hoho!! Hi Ken. LOL!! I really do think it is best for you to post here. The issue I have with BigBobs response is that nobody bothered dealing with me ono on one. Creative was left as the go between and we never got anywhere. I have documentation showing that RennTech is fully aware of the situation and has known of all the critical details involved.

Just to set some rumors straight. As pissed as I am with Renntech, and Ken especially, I have to say that I had also heard that RennTech was the one that was forced to cut Oliver off (this was after Adam got cut off). At the same time, I have to be fair to all involved, Adam was not very happy with RennTech or Kronen anyways and was breaking out on his own. How he and Oliver hooked up, I dunno. Rumor does have it that RENNTech owed Oliver money and so they are suing eachother to set it straight. That may have also been the impitus that oliver needed to jump ship?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Bigbob
I am not sure what the relationship between REENtech, EE and Adam has to do with the problems on this thread.

REENtech has been in business for over 20 years we still have a good relationship with AMG, Mercedes and McLaren. We strive to give our customers the best tuning products that are available.

It hurts RENNtech, Brabus, Kleeman to have individuals out there that have not had a good experience getting there cars tuned.

Maybe some of you need to do some research on the background of companies that say they are "Tuners".

Nice try. Maybe you should be a little more careful about whom you call a distributor and AUTHORIZED installer. It was RennTech products and a RennTech distributor that killed my motor. Guess who trained James.

Now that RennTech has chosen to jump on here and act all wholly, why not address your own issues instead of attacking who we already know is your competition? Tell me what did to take care of my car? Tell me. Tell me??

Zoink: mediator = lawyer. I have one (my brother). I have paid him almost $10K (which is VERY cheap considering the amount of time and work his firm has put in). For the customer to do all of our homework and be properly prepared to really hurt the plaintiff (financially), it costs money. You seem to assume we all want to get along. That is not the case in theses situations. The victim wants the situation addressed and the tuner wants the client to dissapear.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by SleeperX
In Renntech's defense, they don't need somewhere here pushing their products. Their reputation speaks for itself. Why pay to be a sponsor if you don't need to? I believe Cory from Kleemann was on this site as well as a sponsor, but no longer posts. One of the top tuners for Porsche is Protomotive and they don't even have a real website.. but those who are into tuning know exactly who they are.
With all due respect, RennTech's reputation went away with my dad's generation. The good old days of buying an airbox and not verifying the numbers are DONE, aren't they BigBob?

If RennTech was still connected to the AMG market, then why is there no RennTech shops out here? There is Creative. That is what you compare RennTech's "name" on? You can only milk reputation for so long.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by jangy
With all due respect, RennTech's reputation went away with my dad's generation. The good old days of buying an airbox and not verifying the numbers are DONE, aren't they BigBob?

If RennTech was still connected to the AMG market, then why is there no RennTech shops out here? There is Creative. That is what you compare RennTech's "name" on? You can only milk reputation for so long.
Not to knock RennTech any further than they've been smeared in this thread already, but do you guys remember the "SuperCar Shootouts" that C&D used to do years ago? They'd always have an example from various tuners, Hennessey Vipers and Lingenfelter Vettes, and RennTech would always show up with their SL 7.3(or was it 7.4? don't quote me). Anyway the RennTech car would break EVERY YEAR and every year it'd be back for more, and BREAK AGAIN.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Not to knock RennTech any further than they've been smeared in this thread already, but do you guys remember the "SuperCar Shootouts" that C&D used to do years ago? They'd always have an example from various tuners, Hennessey Vipers and Lingenfelter Vettes, and RennTech would always show up with their SL 7.3(or was it 7.4? don't quote me). Anyway the RennTech car would break EVERY YEAR and every year it'd be back for more, and BREAK AGAIN.
RennTech hasn't even started seeing the truth. Joining this forum to take advantage of EE's situation is so convenient. Unfortunately, for them, it goes both ways. with all due respect to the OP, whatever EE did to those cars can'tr be worse than what Creative did to mine and RennTec did NOTHING. If EE so much as called the OP, that is more than I ever got.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:29 AM

05 e55
Originally Posted by c32used
It's 416 posts and no full resolution....

I am starting to think this is alot bigger then what we were informed...
+1
Old 02-06-2008, 11:59 AM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
well I guess this is about whose worse, rentech or ee, to alot of members, sorry not to me, I'm still sitting here with broken cars, ecu tunes we don't trust, damaged front end, ill perfoming S65, and a whole lot more problems, and guess what, all ee is doing is sitting behind the scens feeding people false info, if they're not at fault why don't they come on here and call me out on it, or call me and try to work something out, besides offering me a free ELM, thanks for your support, for those that understood this post, and good for them, and for those that doubt it, good luck to you, I hope you would never have to say I wish I listened before it's too late, having good experiences with ee is one thing, but when things go bad, they will not man up, and treat you with respect and professionalizm is another, at least they didn't, and still haven't wilth me and my cousin, his car is sitting at the body shop gettting fixed for the damage they caused, and after that we found a dealer that will flash our cars back to stock , while ee are sitting there saying there nothing we can do for ya, it's not our fault. that's bs.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by BallzyS55
well I guess this is about whose worse, rentech or ee, to alot of members, sorry not to me, I'm still sitting here with broken cars, ecu tunes we don't trust, damaged front end, ill perfoming S65, and a whole lot more problems, and guess what, all ee is doing is sitting behind the scens feeding people false info, if they're not at fault why don't they come on here and call me out on it, or call me and try to work something out, besides offering me a free ELM, thanks for your support, for those that understood this post, and good for them, and for those that doubt it, good luck to you, I hope you would never have to say I wish I listened before it's too late, having good experiences with ee is one thing, but when things go bad, they will not man up, and treat you with respect and professionalizm is another, at least they didn't, and still haven't wilth me and my cousin, his car is sitting at the body shop gettting fixed for the damage they caused, and after that we found a dealer that will flash our cars back to stock , while ee are sitting there saying there nothing we can do for ya, it's not our fault. that's bs.
Well, I think by now it is obvious the approach of said tuner is to ignore this thread and hope it and you go away. If that is the case, I believe your only option is a legal option which would take a long time and probably cost you more money in the long run. I rarely see a judgement against a company that also includes they pay for the attorney fees of the plantiff also.

One can always hope though.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Now that RennTech has chosen to jump on here and act all wholly, why not address your own issues instead of attacking who we already know is your competition? Tell me what did to take care of my car? Tell me. Tell me??
ooops was bob throwing rocks in a glass house?
Old 02-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Timeless
Well, I think by now it is obvious the approach of said tuner is to ignore this thread and hope it and you go away. If that is the case, I believe your only option is a legal option which would take a long time and probably cost you more money in the long run. I rarely see a judgement against a company that also includes they pay for the attorney fees of the plantiff also.

One can always hope though.

I beg to differ. Yes, it takes resources up front. But, once paid and filed. The resources have to pour from the defendent. Your assumption is that the suer has limitted funds and that the tuner is fundless, when reality says different. Drag out? Hasn't it already? Why does dragging it out hurt me? I'm done paying.
With all due respect, you should look more closely into "legal fees" and the routine judgements that include them. California consumer laws are very specific on reimbursement of the victim in these exact cases. Look up the case records, not the forum ones.

To your point, I do not expect to actually "get" any money. But, I do intend to make the situation right. Look up and see if long, drawn out cases are better for the plaintiff or defendent? I'm not gounig bankrupt anytime soon...

For those that have no legal council, I saw a neat new thing where you pay like $26 per month to have unlimited use or something, including them filing papers, etc. I don't need it , but it may be a nice way for others to stay protected and get good advice?
Old 02-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
ooops was bob throwing rocks in a glass house?
How does that song go?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
I beg to differ. Yes, it takes resources up front. But, once paid and filed. The resources have to pour from the defendent. Your assumption is that the suer has limitted funds and that the tuner is fundless, when reality says different. Drag out? Hasn't it already? Why does dragging it out hurt me? I'm done paying.
With all due respect, you should look more closely into "legal fees" and the routine judgements that include them. California consumer laws are very specific on reimbursement of the victim in these exact cases. Look up the case records, not the forum ones.
To your point, I do not expect to actually "get" any money. But, I do intend to make the situation right. Look up and see if long, drawn out cases are better for the plaintiff or defendent? I'm not gounig bankrupt anytime soon...
GOOD MAN Jangy, GOOD MAN!
You Go Brother!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Ballzy, just like you stated, I believe EE is at least monitoring this thread even though they choose not to respond.

If you don't think talking in person would change things, may be you could just write over here what you exactly want (including the numbers) regardless whether EE and other members think they are less than reasonable, out of whack, fair or not fair.

For example:
We want:
All the money for the jobs refunded = $xxxx
Flash back the ECU on S55 and TCU on S65.
Fix bumpers = $xxxxx
Compensation for frustration, aggravation, resale value impacts, etc. = $xxxxxx

We will give back:
All products (i.e. ELM, pulley, etc.)

Not saying that EE will accept that.... but who knows once you mentioned the numbers over here, EE could consider whether it's acceptable or not.

At least, if what you said was true (EE wouldn't do anything to you any more), you could silent the members' thoughts whether you're looking for reasonable solutions or not.

May be I oversimplify things.... but at least if we, especially EE, know the bottom lines of what you want, I think it should be a good start.

Just my 2c.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:37 PM

A slow Tahoe!
Originally Posted by zoink
Ballzy, just like you stated, I believe EE is at least monitoring this thread even though they choose not to respond.

If you don't think talking in person would change things, may be you could just write over here what you exactly want (including the numbers) regardless whether EE and other members think they are less than reasonable, out of whack, fair or not fair.

For example:
We want:
All the money for the jobs refunded = $xxxx
Flash back the ECU on S55 and TCU on S65.
Fix bumpers = $xxxxx
Compensation for frustration, aggravation, resale value impacts, etc. = $xxxxxx

We will give back:
All products (i.e. ELM, pulley, etc.)

Not saying that EE will accept that.... but who knows once you mentioned the numbers over here, EE could consider whether it's acceptable or not.

At least, if what you said was true (EE wouldn't do anything to you any more), you could silent the members' thoughts whether you're looking for reasonable solutions or not.

May be I oversimplify things.... but at least if we, especially EE, know the bottom lines of what you want, I think it should be a good start.

Just my 2c.
Based on what I've read it appears the OP has asked for something or doesn't want to accept what the "tuner" is willing to offer (ELM). I think by the end of the week the tuner will make a better offer, it's to early for them to swallow there pride and admit they're wrong. Ballzy be patient they'll come around, stop posting on the forum, drop by the shop Friday afternoon and have sit down with them, most issues like this are not resolved in one day. No matter how bad a job goes everyone remembers how it was finished, this job is by far not finished.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Yes, I have the same feeling also... OP has asked something off line and it was rejected by EE, or EE only counter offered w/ free ELM, that OP then rejected.

But I'm personally curious what OP asked initially that got rejected by EE.

Ballzy:
Disregard my post above if you don't feel comfortable or don't want to get opinions from members whether what you want, which will make you happy and get this resolved, is deemed reasonable or not.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:07 PM

2002 C32 AMG
I have been working with Adam to try to fix the bugs in my car right now. He called me concerned that I was trash talking him on MBWORLD. He said someone on the board saw my posts and called him and I was one of the people upset. I just want to clarify that I did not say anything negative about Adam. I clearly stated that I have had a negative/unpleasant experience with them meaning it wasnt the smoothest transaction. But Adam has worked hard to get things cleared up, he has not ignored my calls. In fact, I am working with him now. The bugs on my car, I "SUSPECT" may have something to do with the ECU but I also mentioned that until I get the problem further diagnosed at a shop, I cannot blame anyone. Whoever thinks, im out to bash these folks, please dont take it the wrong way.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:12 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by jwanee84
I have been working with Adam to try to fix the bugs in my car right now. He called me concerned that I was trash talking him on MBWORLD. He said someone on the board saw my posts and called him and I was one of the people upset. I just want to clarify that I did not say anything negative about Adam. I clearly stated that I have had a negative/unpleasant experience with them meaning it wasnt the smoothest transaction. But Adam has worked hard to get things cleared up, he has not ignored my calls. In fact, I am working with him now. The bugs on my car, I "SUSPECT" may have something to do with the ECU but I also mentioned that until I get the problem further diagnosed at a shop, I cannot blame anyone. Whoever thinks, im out to bash these folks, please dont take it the wrong way.
uh huh....

So in a nutshell: "keep ur mouth shut or we won't fix your car". What else would be the point of that phone call?
Old 02-06-2008, 03:14 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by CWW
uh huh....

So in a nutshell: "keep ur mouth shut or we won't fix your car". What else would be the point of that phone call?
That wouldnt even be necessary at this point. The news is already out, and people are upset. Anyways... this is pointless until I find out exactly what the problems are with my car. Once I get the problems diagnosed, I will share the outcome with everyone.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
This just keeps getting worse and worse for EuroElites. Where are they? They need to issue a statement at least for damage control

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tunning Horrific Nightmare