Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunning Horrific Nightmare

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
As someone had mentioned before. For legal reasons they are staying out of this.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:36 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by jwanee84
As someone had mentioned before. For legal reasons they are staying out of this.
Lol, don't worry...you're off the hook...

If I got that phone call and my car still needed to go back in to them, then I'd probably play nice and throw out a couple plugs for 'em too...at least until I got what I wanted.

They still had no (legitimate) business calling you like that, though.

Last edited by CWW; 02-06-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I know, but they could've still came out (legally protected) and issued a brief statement.

EuroElites was previously seen as a good and reputable tuner, but after this, I'm sure that people will start avoiding them, and even worse, will start not recommending them to more people that they know.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:39 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I know, but they could've still came out (legally protected) and issued a brief statement.

EuroElites was previously seen as a good and reputable tuner, but after this, I'm sure that people will start avoiding them, and even worse, will start not recommending them to more people that they know.
True!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55

What good would it do if Adam came on here and said " we are working this out" the only thing that would do would make more questions. as you know we as a people are very nosey. (not me.lol)
EE was the biggest kid on this block people are happy to see them fall. I wouldnt open myself for more attack.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
I have been working with Adam to try to fix the bugs in my car right now. He called me concerned that I was trash talking him on MBWORLD. He said someone on the board saw my posts and called him and I was one of the people upset. I just want to clarify that I did not say anything negative about Adam. I clearly stated that I have had a negative/unpleasant experience with them meaning it wasnt the smoothest transaction. But Adam has worked hard to get things cleared up, he has not ignored my calls. In fact, I am working with him now. The bugs on my car, I "SUSPECT" may have something to do with the ECU but I also mentioned that until I get the problem further diagnosed at a shop, I cannot blame anyone. Whoever thinks, im out to bash these folks, please dont take it the wrong way.
Sorry Jwanee I put you on the "upset list' when I made that. I probably didn't really read deep enough. There are over 400 posts btw haha. Sorry about that.

But regardless, there are still a lot of other people that seem upset on the list.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:16 PM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
I have been working with Adam to try to fix the bugs in my car right now. He called me concerned that I was trash talking him on MBWORLD. He said someone on the board saw my posts and called him and I was one of the people upset. I just want to clarify that I did not say anything negative about Adam. I clearly stated that I have had a negative/unpleasant experience with them meaning it wasnt the smoothest transaction. But Adam has worked hard to get things cleared up, he has not ignored my calls. In fact, I am working with him now. The bugs on my car, I "SUSPECT" may have something to do with the ECU but I also mentioned that until I get the problem further diagnosed at a shop, I cannot blame anyone. Whoever thinks, im out to bash these folks, please dont take it the wrong way.
I have to agree with CWW. I guess according to some members here, this isn't extortion or threating in any manner, but me asking to be put whole is.

Zoink, you ask what I want from EE. First off, getting a free ELM, and leaving the cars in the shape there in, is no concilation. So, obviously I refused said offer. Basically it's free ELM or nothing. Sorry, but that is unacceptable to me, although some of you make it seem, this is a good offer. Ok, here is what we want. By the way, this was rejected by EE. You tell me if its fair or not.

1) Cars flashed back to stock. Not by EE, because frankly we just don't trust them touching our cars again. I offered they come with us to a dealer and be present for the re-flash of the ECU's and TCU back to stock, so they can be sure we no longer are running there tune. After reflash, refunded fully for the tunes of both vehicles.

2) I want my stock pulley back. I will have the pulleys swapped and return the used rusty Renntech pulley back to him. Again full refund for pulley and installation.

3) Front end damage. I will not chase anyone to try and get this repaired. They are fully responsible in our eyes. The had possesion of the car, and are wholly responsible for it being returned to customer with out being damaged, whether it was them or a tow truck that they authorized to tow the car. Again, pay for all damages to front end.

4) They claim they did a Service B on the S65. However when we asked what was performed, one says this was done, and the other says it wasn't. For example, one told us they changed the rear differential fluid, and the other said no. Frankly I think they did not perform one. I personally think all they did was an oil change if that. I just have no faith that they did this at all. I also want a refund for the Service B, they so called performed.

5) Just to show we are not extortionist, we will not ask for a refund of the brakes on the S65 or ELM on the S65. So, we are willing to pay for these. Although they did say they were going to give us a credit for the inconveniences they caused us by going back and forth, and never having anything ready as promised. But, we will let this go, because we just want this to end.

Since there are some of you in contact with them behind the scenes, I ask you to relay our offer. We believe this is fair, although it does not make us whole again. I am sure a few of you will think this is extortion, but I am so fed up with how long this is taking, and the way we are still being treated by EE, we frankly just don't care anymore. They are playing hardball with us, and some of the members here are giving them the fuel to do so.

Zoink, I hope you find what I have asked for to be fair. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 153 Posts
99 E320
Originally Posted by BallzyS55
.....Since there are some of you in contact with them behind the scenes, I ask you to relay our offer.....
WTF?
Old 02-06-2008, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
I wouldn't be that nice about it.

1. I would not pay to get the old or a stock replacement pulley back on the car. To (hopefully) preserve your warranty if you still have one, I would want a dealer to perform this.
2. If the brakes are actually new, I also would pay for that, but keeping the ELM at no charge hardly makes up for the rest of this or the diminished value of a car that has had fairly major body work repairs.
3. Don't be concerned with what other people think is fair, they are not the ones with the damaged car.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
I have to agree with CWW. I guess according to some members here, this isn't extortion or threating in any manner, but me asking to be put whole is.

Zoink, you ask what I want from EE. First off, getting a free ELM, and leaving the cars in the shape there in, is no concilation. So, obviously I refused said offer. Basically it's free ELM or nothing. Sorry, but that is unacceptable to me, although some of you make it seem, this is a good offer. Ok, here is what we want. By the way, this was rejected by EE. You tell me if its fair or not.

1) Cars flashed back to stock. Not by EE, because frankly we just don't trust them touching our cars again. I offered they come with us to a dealer and be present for the re-flash of the ECU's and TCU back to stock, so they can be sure we no longer are running there tune. After reflash, refunded fully for the tunes of both vehicles.

2) I want my stock pulley back. I will have the pulleys swapped and return the used rusty Renntech pulley back to him. Again full refund for pulley and installation.

3) Front end damage. I will not chase anyone to try and get this repaired. They are fully responsible in our eyes. The had possesion of the car, and are wholly responsible for it being returned to customer with out being damaged, whether it was them or a tow truck that they authorized to tow the car. Again, pay for all damages to front end.

4) They claim they did a Service B on the S65. However when we asked what was performed, one says this was done, and the other says it wasn't. For example, one told us they changed the rear differential fluid, and the other said no. Frankly I think they did not perform one. I personally think all they did was an oil change if that. I just have no faith that they did this at all. I also want a refund for the Service B, they so called performed.

5) Just to show we are not extortionist, we will not ask for a refund of the brakes on the S65 or ELM on the S65. So, we are willing to pay for these. Although they did say they were going to give us a credit for the inconveniences they caused us by going back and forth, and never having anything ready as promised. But, we will let this go, because we just want this to end.

Since there are some of you in contact with them behind the scenes, I ask you to relay our offer. We believe this is fair, although it does not make us whole again. I am sure a few of you will think this is extortion, but I am so fed up with how long this is taking, and the way we are still being treated by EE, we frankly just don't care anymore. They are playing hardball with us, and some of the members here are giving them the fuel to do so.

FWIW, if you went to court here in FL on these facts you'd be entitled to recover everything you're asking for, plus compensation for the loss of use of the vehicle. The only exception is the service B...that's a he said/she said thing, and you might want to just let that one go.

All the rest of the stuff you mentioned is a no-brainer. The physical damage and performance problems can be verified by other mechanics or by the dealer which you can then call to testify, so your case is pretty airtight.

CA is well-known as being the most consumer-friendly legal system in the US, so I can't imagine you would come out any worse there than here. I'd give them maybe 48 hours to mull your offer, and then go hire a lawyer and take it to court. That's my $0.02 anyway, so take it for what you paid for it.

Also, what did you pay these people? That would be helpful to know, since it will determine whether you are over the jurisdictional limit of the small claims system, which in many cases is $5k. If you're hiring counsel, then you probably would rather be in circuit/county court anyway...small claims gets a little too "Judge Judy"ish to really deal with complicated issues.

Also FWIW, I think what you are asking for is extremely reasonable given the crap you've been through. They couldn't do it right, so they get their parts back, you get your money back and your bumper fixed, and everyone moves on. That's more than fair.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA: Just looked it up. Barring any local rules, it seems CA has a $7500 limit.

FL is $5k, but you guys are $7500 out there. So try and get over that amount when you're calculating your damages to get out of small claims. If the court trims it back, then you still can't lose jurisdiction later, it only goes by what is pled at the time you file it.

Add up your losses (7500+) and go hire a lawyer.

Last edited by CWW; 02-06-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq

Ballzy,

I can't say on EE's behalf... but this is my personal opinion:

For #1 & #2, fair enough. EE and you could go together to FJ or whatever dealer and get the ECU & TCU flashed back.

For #4 (yes, I jumped #3 for now): Not sure what to say about this... but since #1 & #2 are indeed bigger... IMO, including this or not as part of the refund should not be treated as a deal breaker - meaning if EE doesn't want to refund this BUT is willing to refund #1 & #2, this shouldn't be the cause for both of you to go back to square 1.

Now for #3.... like I've been saying from the very beginning, this is the toughest. The situation is really your words against their words. I personally don't think this could be resolved if both you and EE don't want to compromise a little.

If you are 1000000% sure that it was happened during the job AND you have strong & undisputable evidence to support that, go ahead... talk to EE, present it and if they still refuse, sue them (if it's cost effective to you).

If you are not 1000000% sure or you don't have strong evidence & undisputable evidence; OR if EE cannot also prove that the damage happened outside the job, I'd suggest you take the middle ground... get a quote from a body shop which both of you and EE agreed, split the bill and call it the day.

Good luck!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:45 PM

slk32
Originally Posted by CWW
FWIW, if you went to court here in FL on these facts you'd be entitled to recover everything you're asking for, plus compensation for the loss of use of the vehicle. The only exception is the service B...that's a he said/she said thing, and you might want to just let that one go.

All the rest of the stuff you mentioned is a no-brainer. The physical damage and performance problems can be verified by other mechanics or by the dealer which you can then call to testify, so your case is pretty airtight.

CA is well-known as being the most consumer-friendly legal system in the US, so I can't imagine you would come out any worse there than here. I'd give them maybe 48 hours to mull your offer, and then go hire a lawyer and take it to court. That's my $0.02 anyway, so take it for what you paid for it.

Also, what did you pay these people? That would be helpful to know, since it will determine whether you are over the jurisdictional limit of the small claims system, which in many cases is $5k. If you're hiring counsel, then you probably would rather be in circuit/county court anyway...small claims gets a little too "Judge Judy"ish to really deal with complicated issues.

Also FWIW, I think what you are asking for is extremely reasonable given the crap you've been through. They couldn't do it right, so they get their parts back, you get your money back, and everyone moves on. That's more than fair.
+1

If those 5 points are exactly what you requested from EE, and EE's answer was just "take the free ELM...that's all we are going to give you.." then they are definitely in the wrong.

Now, nobody except YOU and EE (Adam or Tony) will know what exactly was said or offered over the phone, but judging from what's been said on the forums so far, I would have to lean towards Ballsy's side of the story, until EE posts up what they are going to do to rectify the situation.

The bottom line is this: It doesn't matter if EE is not responding due to legal matters.

Like I said in my previous post, 5 pages ago, EE should have just informed the members of this forum that they had already retained an attorney, and could not comment any further, however, they were taking the steps to get this worked out. This would have given EE much more credit, rather than to stay quiet and hide.

EE had more than ample time to post something in their own defense, however, they find that calling up other members of this board to ask them why they were bashing EE is more important at this point in time.

This is not make good business sense.

The damage has already been done.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BTW, if I may ask (if been posted before, I apologize).... what's exactly the deal w/ the bumper? Are they damaged, like cracking, bent, etc.... or just not aligned/installed properly?

The latter shouldn't be a major repair, right? Just need to take off the bumper and reinstall it again.

Fast55:
I think it's quite dangerous to go to any dealer and have the stock pulley reinstalled.... if the dealer is not mod friendly, like Neveo stated, it could cause a red flag to the car for any future warranty claim.

EDIT:
Even if the bumper itself cannot be repaired, I still don't think this would be seen as major repair.... if it's true that the damage happened during the job, it should likely be very low impact and should not screw up all the beams and crash absorbtion behind the bumper shell.

Last edited by zoink; 02-06-2008 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55

I personaly think that is fair. basicaly all you want is your car back to stock and what you keep you will pay for! I would do this If it was my shop. I think you would of got this in a heart beat if you didnt start this thread. so many people are bashing them now that they might just dig in their heels and say F off. I dont know but this is what I was askin of you 3 pages ago.lol fair IMO.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:54 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the reason he started this thread is because they had already told him to **** off...

not the other way around...
Old 02-06-2008, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by Fast55
I wouldn't be that nice about it.

1. I would not pay to get the old or a stock replacement pulley back on the car. To (hopefully) preserve your warranty if you still have one, I would want a dealer to perform this.
2. If the brakes are actually new, I also would pay for that, but keeping the ELM at no charge hardly makes up for the rest of this or the diminished value of a car that has had fairly major body work repairs.
3. Don't be concerned with what other people think is fair, they are not the ones with the damaged car.
I agree with this statement also.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
......finally we see that not every car on MBworld is a trouble free 11sec car. Forum members keeping quiet about their negative experiences with tuners is tantamount to betrayal in my opinion. When my car had the Malcolm debacle, I was in communication with fellow forum members who had dealt with him. I was constantly asking them questions all time time my car was their getting butchered. None of them said a word. Shame on those that have kept queit! Like I said earler, the psychology on this forum of everyone pretending to have 5000HP with no issues is like the proverbial emperor's new coat that no one wants to admit they don't see.............until someone speaks up. Amazingly some members have NEVER dynoed their cars. Yet they run like little children on the forum and start heaping accolades on the so called tuners because of the stuff they feel in the seat of their pants. Maybe that stuff is just Sh**. We need to help each other not become the advertising division for a tuner.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 02-06-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by CWW
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the reason he started this thread is because they had already told him to **** off...

not the other way around...
I dont know I read his post and I hear other things. the only people that know are EE and ballz. I wont jump to any conclusions cuzz I wasnt there!
Old 02-06-2008, 05:05 PM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
Zoink are you serious, I don't even now what to tell you bro, "if I'm sure, that the front end damage was because of them” Ok, lets use common sense, and I also have hard evidence, but with common sense, they towed the car 2 or 3 times, after frying my tranny, and all of a sudden the front end is all bent out of shape on the same side, the tow hook goes on, do you think this part is speculations? I sure don't, if ee doesn't do everything not missing one of them, I will not make a deal. I'm not asking too much, I'm not asking for free money, I'm asking for mine, not including time loss, bs, lies, car depreciation, any of that.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002

+1

Atleast to say we are working to resolve the issue....it won't admit guilt and he won't need to answer the nosy people...
Old 02-06-2008, 05:11 PM

Rocket, I did ask for this more than once, and they basicly said no, they will only give me a free ELM, and Will not assume any responsibility to the front end damage. Latley a few days ago they said F off, we're not doing anything for you.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well, like I said... I could only use generic statement as I want to avoid any judgment.

Anyway...
From your statement above, you are 100000% sure EE caused the damage AND you have hard evidence. If that's the case, nothing to worry then.... talk to EE, present whatever evidence you have... if they refuse, sue them.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Hey BallzyS55, I'm with you my man and I hope you come out of this with a reasonable settlement. Look at the bright side, a few days ago you were a some young kid fresh off the streets, a mere newbie here and had barely fifteen posts. You have now matured to a full-fledged Member and are now approaching the big hundred. Way to go dude.

Sorry, I just had to liven this place up with a little , just for a minute. We now return you to our regularly scheduled EE Flamefest. In all seriousness, Good Luck.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:14 PM

slk32
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
I personaly think that is fair. basicaly all you want is your car back to stock and what you keep you will pay for! I would do this If it was my shop. I think you would of got this in a heart beat if you didnt start this thread. so many people are bashing them now that they might just dig in their heels and say F off. I dont know but this is what I was askin of you 3 pages ago.lol fair IMO.
I don't understand your point at all. Ballsy already asked EE for the same things he just posted, and got the "F**K you."

This thread was started because EE didn't take care of the OP.

Who cares if EE's previous customers came out of the closet and told everybody about EE frying their ECU's? That has absolutely NOTHING to do with EE rectifying the OP's problems.

If EE took care of the OP in the first place, all these stories from their previous customers would NOT have come out of the closet...............
Old 02-06-2008, 05:31 PM

Hundred for you candrive

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tunning Horrific Nightmare