Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tunning Horrific Nightmare

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
I GOT IT, I GOT IT! We can combine this thread AND bring this to resolution.

Adam VS Ballzy............ IN THE OCTAGON!!!

First one to tap out!!!

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by RoydRage
There is proof that this damage did exisit prior to the TCU tune.
Please tell me you did not just say this. You are all of a sudden an all knowing being or Adam is an all knowing being?

Come on, don't make statements like this.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
I GOT IT, I GOT IT! We can combine this thread AND bring this to resolution.

Adam VS Ballzy............ IN THE OCTAGON!!!

First one to tap out!!!

So. I guess we will have to move to another forum once all the sponsors "tap" out. Because, this is an event that can, and probably has, happened to all of them.

Ballz, at this point if you end up in court, the only one stuck with their position is you, based on the posts here.

I am not the moderator, but at this point I would have shut down the topic and sent you a nice email of understanding and sympathy.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by rflow306
Jody, Frank and the original poster thanks for posting.

Anybody else with problems with an ECU tune or anything else members here should be made aware of?

Should members with Olivers map be worried , I am not feeling too good right about now
Old 02-03-2008, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
Ballz...

So... All you really need is the Front end fixed, and you are whole... Stuff happens... And if you had to bring your car back to MB 6 times for the same problem.. You would NOT be getting FREE ECU tunes!!!

So stop it, and be reasonable... Didn't MB Road Assistance tow the car? So if that were the case that is WAS damaged by the Tow... Then Why Would EE be Responisible???

They went a long way to get you new Trans & supercharger... They negociated it for you that is worth a lot... There is proof that this damage did exisit prior to the TCU tune. You didn't have the car since new, and never had the Trans torn down for inspection, so with all respect you have no idea what happened to this car prior to you owning it...

The only reason I'm sticking up for them is that they have repeatedly gone out of their way for me and my freinds... And I am 3,000mi away. They always went above and beyond, So I can't see why they would change right where they live unless you were unreasonable...

So lets be reasonable B4 this goes to Court, and work it out with realistic expectations. Lets all stop the finger pointing and get this Squared... I'm bored with it.

NOW I MUST GET TO MY GIANTS! IT'S ABOUT TO START... I'm budding out as of now... Good Luck.

And and OT Haters stop here:

Rocket... Yes I like UFC cause it most resembles a Real Street Fight that is where my heart is... A Street fight is boxing, Wrestling, Grappling, and Ground & Pound, A personal fav... Everything but the Ju Jitsu. Do watch Vazquez Vs Marquez III on Showtime in March.

Best,

RoydRage
First of all just for saying they got proof, that just show, how much you and them, are full of *****, I can assure you they don't, and if and the time comes, we'll see who's got the proof, second of all, why are they telling everyone else their side of the stroy, behind the sceens, Adam is a nice guy, but ee has no idea of how to do business.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 JDM
Originally Posted by rflow306
Jody, Frank and the original poster thanks for posting.
+1,000,000

very informative, thanks for posting!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:19 PM

SL55
Originally Posted by BallzyS55
First of all just for saying they got proof, that just show, how much you and them, are full of *****, I can assure you they don't, and if and the time comes, we'll see who's got the proof, second of all, why are they telling everyone else their side of the stroy, behind the sceens, Adam is a nice guy, but ee has no idea of how to do business.
Now you crossed the line...

Now matter what I never insulted you...

You have a BIG mouth on the Internet. So I'm coming out to the Bay area this spring... And I promise you are going to have an opportunity to open your big mouth to me IN PERSON.

RoydRage
Old 02-03-2008, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by juicee63
Anybody else with problems with an ECU tune or anything else members here should be made aware of?

Should members with Olivers map be worried , I am not feeling too good right about now
The timing issue was something me and PTE both brought up at MIR along with changes to the knock correction map.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:26 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition

You have a BIG mouth on the Internet. So I'm coming out to the Bay area this spring... And I promise you are going to have an opportunity to open your big mouth to me IN PERSON.

RoydRage
Dude - step away from the keyboard and chill. How did he insult you ?? Cause he said you're full of ***** ? Please....and that warrants veiled threats of physical violence ? Check yourself bro....talk about having a BIG mouth on the internet...you just threatened the guy on the internet....
Old 02-03-2008, 08:27 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by BallzyS55
second of all, why are they telling everyone else their side of the stroy, behind the sceens,
I find this very interesting as well...
Old 02-03-2008, 08:30 PM

SL55
Originally Posted by LZH
Dude - step away from the keyboard and chill. How did he insult you ?? Cause he said you're full of ***** ? Please....and that warrants veiled threats of physical violence ? Check yourself bro....talk about having a BIG mouth on the internet...you just threatened the guy on the internet....
Ahhh

Excuse Me... Check Yourself...

I did not threaten Or imply violence in ANY way

All I said is " You will have a opportunity to open your big mouth to me in person"

That's not a threat at all... Is it now?

RoydRage
Old 02-03-2008, 08:37 PM
LZH
Banned

Ahhh

Excuse Me... Check Yourself...

I did not threaten Or imply violence in ANY way

All I said is " You will have a opportunity to open your big mouth to me in person"

That's not a threat at all... Is it now?

RoydRage
If you say so toughguy. You, me and everyone else who read that knows EXACTLY what you meant.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:40 PM

SL55
Originally Posted by LZH
If you say so toughguy. You, me and everyone else who read that knows EXACTLY what you meant.
I SAY SO...

And you or anyone else does not have the power to know what is on my mind

RoydRage
Old 02-03-2008, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -

RoydRage
You Better Control Your Little Steroid Rage and Lay of the Deca!
I See Your Little Arms. You Never Met Me and You Don't Want Too!

Don't Worry BallzyS55 and Don’t Let This Little Guy Scare You!!
Tell Your Experience!!

Last edited by Havoc; 02-03-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:45 PM

SL55
Originally Posted by Havoc
You Better Control Your Little Steroid Rage and Lay of the Deca!
I See Your Little Arms. You Never Met Me and You Don't Want Too!

Don't Worry BallzyS55 and Don’t Let This Little Guy Scare You!!
Tell Your Experience!!
I always Lay of the deca LOL!

And I would love to meet you... PM me your cell, and I'll call when I come to town!

And him telling his Side of the story... I have no beef with... Free speech... Just insulting me in his post... I have never done this to anyone here EVER. I have never done it to anyone period without being insulted first... AND I have still not named called or insulted him back... Get a grip

Best Always,

RoydRage
Old 02-03-2008, 08:56 PM

SL65 AMG
Adam also tuned my sl65 and it was a mess. The worst part of dealing with Adam and EE was the lies and stupid excuses as to why the tune was crap. And the funny thing is I would have thought a tuner would say ok we will try another tune but that never happend. In then end it took me getting on him stating his money back guarantee that I had from him to get my money back. In the end I spent weeks and 500$ to deal with them so was I made whole? No it cost me 500$ to deal with these guys and ended up having to contact a real tuner to make sure my car was ok after oliver and adam messed it up.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
Adam also tuned my sl65 and it was a mess. The worst part of dealing with Adam and EE was the lies and stupid excuses as to why the tune was crap. And the funny thing is I would have thought a tuner would say ok we will try another tune but that never happend. In then end it took me getting on him stating his money back guarantee that I had from him to get my money back. In the end I spent weeks and 500$ to deal with them so was I made whole? No it cost me 500$ to deal with these guys and ended up having to contact a real tuner to make sure my car was ok after oliver and adam messed it up.
How did you determine your tune was "crap", dyno, track results, obvious ?
Old 02-03-2008, 09:06 PM

SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by juicee63
How did you determine your tune was "crap", dyno, track results, obvious ?
My pre tune dyno was 552-565 ( two differnt dynos) after EE tune I was 515-525. Lost 1 full second in the 1/4 lost 4-5mph oh and the cel and the fact the car freaked out like 3 times and would misfire, and not start etc.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:15 PM
LZH
Banned

As I mentioned previously, I have no clue who Adam is or EE. But it seems as though the original poster is not the only person to have a bad experience with them. People have also said Adam is always on this BBS. Why is he not responding to any of this ???? Or, perhaps the fact that he is not responding is a sign...
Either way, I'd like to see what he has to say about all this.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
My pre tune dyno was 552-565 ( two differnt dynos) after EE tune I was 515-525. Lost 1 full second in the 1/4 lost 4-5mph oh and the cel and the fact the car freaked out like 3 times and would misfire, and not start etc.
not good,

thanks for answering
Old 02-03-2008, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
my first tune from Renntech, which was done by Oliver, was less than ideal. A/F was all over the place and running really rich. So I guess it was more conservative than anything.

New tune by Jeff at Renntech is better....but still bleh. He says it could be bad gas pulling timing. I've sort of given up for now. I will probably get a powerchip tune from VRP. They seem to be the only one fine tuning this software.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by psk145
I will probably get a powerchip tune from VRP. They seem to be the only one fine tuning this software.
VRP Will Set You Straight.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
..........I am glad people are finally posting their negative results. The psychology on the forum is for people to post their fastest times, biggest HP etc. As a result tuners benefit from the lack of negative information being posted. This is not to say that tuners are bad, but from reading MB world you'd think that everyone's care is an 11sec monster. The forum is supposed to be a mini consumer advocates center, but it won't work if everyone keeps queit. Stuff does go wrong with MB tunning and it is not that rare. Yes, your car is at risk regardless of the tuner tells you.

Ted
Old 02-03-2008, 10:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2017.E300 / 2015.GL450
Hey BallzyS55,

I'm the one who was double-booked with you guys last Tuesday. Coincidentally, I was in for a brake job, as well. My appointment was made a couple of weeks ago, but I had run 30 minutes late. This pushed back the time your car got done. This one was on me more than them.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand... I'm sorry you guys had a bad experience with 'the shop.' You have every right to be upset and demand to be made whole. But it sounds like they have for the items that they 'affected' with their work. You got a new SC and PUMP for the 55 (which you had complained to me would go out on you every 3-4 sprints). Your cousin got a new tranny for the S65.

It sounds like the only shortcoming is the bumper. You (and 'the shop' together) should definitely work through the tow company's insurance company to repair it. You however cannot expect 'the shop' to compensate you for someone else's actions. If a friend recommended that you hire a roofer to re-shingle your roof and it ends up leaking, do you hold your friend accountable?

Like Raymond G said, the most you can expect to get out of this is to be made whole. I think 'the shop' was very generous in offering the ELM to compensate you for your time and gas. Unfortunately, s**t happens! I can't tell you how many times I've taken my car into the dealer to repair the same items (that never seem to get fixed correctly) or dealers that have curbed my wheels, scratch my bumper, etc. I guarantee my SA would laugh at me if I asked him to throw in a new set of tires to compensate me for my time.

So while I sympathize with your frustrations, you have no support from me to request for them to give you the ECU tuning gratis. That's just asking for too much. Your frustrations do not equate to 'pain and suffering.' It sounds like that's the analogy you are making in your mind and looking to be compensated as such. Quite frankly, it's not. If an attorney is telling you so, make sure you're hiring them on a contingency and not hourly-basis.

On to the other point of the 'competence' level of the shop... as in life, as with all people, we make mistakes. Hate to drop a cliche here, but 'no risk, no reward,' right? Do you go to Vegas and then ask for your money back when you lose?! If you want to push the envelope of your car and take it above and beyond the manufacturer's specifications, you have to be prepared that something might go wrong. They call it 'tuning' because you've got to test and adjust. Ferrari goes through tens of engines in their research and development. Yes, I understand you go to a reputable 'tuner' to leverage existing data hoping to avoid mistakes. Unfortunately, no two cars are EXACTLY alike. If a car had been previously abused (I'm not saying yours was, but you did share a few stories with me), that could certainly affect the outcome. You should be honest with yourself, too; you really don't know if the car was abused prior to your ownership since you got both cars at auction.

As a word of advice to all you others reading this... Extended Warranty!!!

In any event, good luck with your bumper claim.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:32 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by foreverbeta
Hey BallzyS55,

I'm the one who was double-booked with you guys last Tuesday. Coincidentally, I was in for a brake job, as well. My appointment was made a couple of weeks ago, but I had run 30 minutes late. This pushed back the time your car got done. This one was on me more than them.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand... I'm sorry you guys had a bad experience with 'the shop.' You have every right to be upset and demand to be made whole. But it sounds like they have for the items that they 'affected' with their work. You got a new SC and PUMP for the 55 (which you had complained to me would go out on you every 3-4 sprints). Your cousin got a new tranny for the S65.

It sounds like the only shortcoming is the bumper. You (and 'the shop' together) should definitely work through the tow company's insurance company to repair it. You however cannot expect 'the shop' to compensate you for someone else's actions. If a friend recommended that you hire a roofer to re-shingle your roof and it ends up leaking, do you hold your friend accountable?

Like Raymond G said, the most you can expect to get out of this is to be made whole. I think 'the shop' was very generous in offering the ELM to compensate you for your time and gas. Unfortunately, s**t happens! I can't tell you how many times I've taken my car into the dealer to repair the same items (that never seem to get fixed correctly) or dealers that have curbed my wheels, scratch my bumper, etc. I guarantee my SA would laugh at me if I asked him to throw in a new set of tires to compensate me for my time.

So while I sympathize with your frustrations, you have no support from me to request for them to give you the ECU tuning gratis. That's just asking for too much. Your frustrations do not equate to 'pain and suffering.' It sounds like that's the analogy you are making in your mind and looking to be compensated as such. Quite frankly, it's not. If an attorney is telling you so, make sure you're hiring them on a contingency and not hourly-basis.

On to the other point of the 'competence' level of the shop... as in life, as with all people, we make mistakes. Hate to drop a cliche here, but 'no risk, no reward,' right? Do you go to Vegas and then ask for your money back when you lose?! If you want to push the envelope of your car and take it above and beyond the manufacturer's specifications, you have to be prepared that something might go wrong. They call it 'tuning' because you've got to test and adjust. Ferrari goes through tens of engines in their research and development. Yes, I understand you go to a reputable 'tuner' to leverage existing data hoping to avoid mistakes. Unfortunately, no two cars are EXACTLY alike. If a car had been previously abused (I'm not saying yours was, but you did share a few stories with me), that could certainly affect the outcome. You should be honest with yourself, too; you really don't know if the car was abused prior to your ownership since you got both cars at auction.

As a word of advice to all you others reading this... Extended Warranty!!!

In any event, good luck with your bumper claim.
Interesting this is your first post in such a heated discussion and your post seems to favor EE. Did someone at EE ask you to come here and post ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tunning Horrific Nightmare