Tunning Horrific Nightmare

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
Wonder why Adam from Euroelites hasn't chimed in? He is constantly on this forum.....
+1
Old 02-02-2008, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
Wonder why Adam from Euroelites hasn't chimed in? He is constantly on this forum.....
I e-mailed Adam 2 days ago and still nuttin from him. as you know he always responds crazy fast. He might be sick out of town????
Old 02-02-2008, 04:36 PM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
he just called me. will see what happens!!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 04:38 PM

junk
my food industry training when i was young said the customer is always right... BS. not a single person in any service industry can make everyone happy 100% of the time. not doctors, lawyers or mechanics, no one. sorry for your trouble though.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Received 506 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
I don't understand what is going on here. From your posting history you have had the car three weeks, so did this happen the day you purchased your car?

This was your first welcome post was on 1-15-08 and you said you purchased your car one week ago:

Originally Posted by BallzyS55
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site, just wanted to say what's up to everbody. Just bought me fist AMG Last week, and couldn't be more happy.
Then I see this thread on battery problems but you did not mention of what is going on now 1-27-08:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...8248&highlight=

Next, on 1-28-08 you post this.... again no mention of tuner problems:

Did anyone hear about the new bosch IC pumps, I was told it's as good as the Johson pump, It's basicaly the same pump the S55 has stock, but made better, to be less faulty, and provide more flow, any Info? I took my car to the dealer, and they said so, also had a bad SC clutch, so they put on a new Super Charger. Do you guys think that will help with heat soak?
That's BS, I took mine to the dealer, and they found out that the SC clutch was bad, they replaced the whole super charger, as they said they just don't change the clutch, I don't know where you're from Supr, but mercedes of fremont gave me no grief, and it took them less than 2 day, to do everything, including a new IC pump, thermostates, and etc.
Are you giving us the whole story?

Also, make up your mind. Do you have a S55 as mentioned in previous posts or did you upgrade to the 65 just for this story.

Last edited by Rock; 02-02-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
I have a general question for the masses. If your tuner was so bad would you want free stuff from him? or does making it free make the tuner better all of the sudden? all I can say is
Old 02-02-2008, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Rock
Are you giving us the whole story?
Im gonna go with NO
Old 02-02-2008, 05:25 PM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
why don't go ask the tuner, and ask him why he called me today appologizing, and asking if he could make things right? and what does being new to the forum have to do with anything, first of all, I don't kiss A$$ to be right, I know the story, I'm just trying to share my experience, if you choose to go to that same tuner, that's you business. As for customer is never 100 %right, I agree, but don't lie to your clients and them expect them to trust you, as for my car, I own the 55, my cousin owns the 65, and yes I took it in for tuning less than a week after I bought it. I didn't complain before, cause of all the fake promises from them that they will make things right, we're drivig cars that cost us a few bucks, we don't expect chaity, or free stuff, We paid for everything upfront.

Rocket, you are so quick to raise the BS flag, and then claim we want freebies. When do you see in any of the post that I ask for free stuff. I guess getting my cousins bumper fixed constitutes free stuff, hey. Anyway, the story will be the same whether you hear it from us or the tuner. The tuner knows who he is, and hopefully will come on and set you at ease.

Last edited by BallzyS55; 02-02-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
I also emailed Adam a few days ago with no response...he must be out of town with no internet....the horrors.

I am sooooo glad PowerChips did me right after reading this (Thanks Aaron!). I never really thought for a second an ECU tune would do all this...the TCU tune I can sort of understand it possibly having these problems.

Hope it gets resolved in a satisfactory manner.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:32 PM

What a story as I read this, unbelievable, I feel for the owners of these cars, I don't no what I would do if this had happen to me with my car. I have never had any first hand experience with Adam and Euroelites in the past. But I have read nothing but positive things about Adam and Euroelites, this is bad for Euroelites no matter what, speaking for myself when I hear this name in the future when it comes to my car I will say no not them. As for those two cars, tranny going bad and the other car SC going bad I think they were going south before they took them to the tuner. My two cents.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:18 PM

Going south at low 30 ks, both at the same time, right after tuninng, we got to be the most unlucky people that ever bought 55 & 65, or AMG makes some crapy cars.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
My questions to OP:
Is your car running fine w/ all the mods (ECU+pulley) right now?
Is your cousin's car running fine w/ all the mods (ECU/TCU) right now?

If they are, what else do you want? You've got free S/C, S/C clutch and pump. And your cousin got free tranny. I think it's more than enough to compensate your 14-hour wait time regardless whether it's true or not that the tuners screw them up.

If they are not, then it's a different story. But you could always ask for putting the car back to the original, get your money back and just warn the forum.

Plus, how could you expect all the upgrades can be done in 1 day? Or better yet, how could you even believe if the tuner said all could be done in 1 day? If I were you, when being told like that, I would force them to take more time so they don't rush things up and do a $h!tty job.

FYI, it took Euroelites 3 full days to do pre-mod dyno and install RT pulley on my car. You may say that's too long... for me, I'd rather wait and get the jobs done right the first time. Heck, it took almost a week to get my car aligned at FJ.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Going south at low 30 ks, both at the same time, right after tuninng, we got to be the most unlucky people that ever bought 55 & 65, or AMG makes some crapy cars.
Like I said... you bought your cars used... you don't know how the previous owners treated the cars. If they drove like maniac and didn't maintain the car (e.g. at least follow the FSS), 30K is already a long time.

Modding an already-weak cars would make it worse and could make it blow up anytime. In your case, it blew up right after tuning.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:33 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
I e-mailed Adam 2 days ago and still nuttin from him. as you know he always responds crazy fast. He might be sick out of town????
or he's busy fixing ballsy's car! j/k!
Old 02-02-2008, 07:39 PM

SL65 AMG
I dont know why everyone is bashing this guy for coming on and stating his problems. Who cares if its his first post or 1000th post. We are here to help each other and thats what he wants is help. If this is adam and euro elites and if they are a sponser that is BS. A sponser needs to step up and I know first hand how adam and euro elites can be. I hope this gets resolved fast but if I were you get an attorney and go after them. Also report to BBB and also file a complaint with the attorney general.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:42 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
yeah, we don't even know if it's euroelites or not. people are jumping to conclusions. we should be objective as possible and help one another.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by zoink
Like I said... you bought your cars used... you don't know how the previous owners treated the cars. If they drove like maniac and didn't maintain the car (e.g. at least follow the FSS), 30K is already a long time.

Modding an already-weak cars would make it worse and could make it blow up anytime. In your case, it blew up right after tuning.
I Really Doubt their Cars Blew Up after a Very Mild Tune with Only having 30k. These cars are Built Well.

In Regards to the Damage to Your Cousin's Front-End, the Towtruck Driver is at Fault, so Go After that Company Since they are the Only Party that is Responsible for the Damages.

Stay in Touch with the Tuner and Try to come to a Solution with them. If they Refuse to Talk or Do Anything; Go After Them!
Good Luck Bro!

Last edited by Havoc; 02-02-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55
Approximately three weeks ago, I took my car in to install a Renntech ELM on my 2006 S65. I informed my cousin who has a 2006 S55 of what I am doing
I own the 55, my cousin owns the 65, and yes I took it in for tuning less than a week after I bought it.
Which way is it?
Old 02-02-2008, 07:48 PM

Zoink, ok even if our cars are running fine, what about my cousins front end, and if tunning means everything to you, that's fine, if they would've told it'd a week, it would've been fine also, however we were mislead everytime we talked to them, to the point were the got the brakes wrong, and after us the non tuner looked at them, and told them, they were not the right ones, they basicly said we are wrong, five hours later, after double booking us, and making us wait until finishing another car, they popped the front wheel off, and told us that they did have the wrong parts, so it's not only about how our cars running right now, but what we went through. I am not asking anyone to hate those tuners, I'm again just stating the facts. It wasn't an easy task to get those cars running fine, they kept assurig that everything is ok untill last minute when the cars came out of dealer with our ecu flashed back to factory, while they were assuring that they were tuned, I have the papper work to prove it. Also read the whole post if you may, this is not only a mechanical complaint it's the whole pictures. By the way right before we purchased the cars we had them inspected by a certified mechanic. They were in tip top shape.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Addicted2Speed
Which way is it?
My cousin wrote it when he was extremly upset, then he emailed it to me, and I told him that I could'nt have explained it any better so I posted it, and I'm the one responding, I own the 55, anyhow what diffrence does that make, does it change anything that happened?
Old 02-02-2008, 07:56 PM

SL65 AMG
Has your money been refunded or have you been compensated in any way from the tuner? I see some of you guys are saying new sc and new tranny and thats good enough but I would be pissed. How is that going to hurt them on resale when they see a replaced tranny? Also how long were these poor guys with out cars? I am sorry if a trusted tuner tells you they can flash an ecu in 20mins I would think ok, even the elm is an hr job at most so 2hrs for both cars, an hr on each ecu and say a few hrs on the crank pulley. It sounds like the tuner wanted the sale and lied to these guys on how long it would take. I would like to see how some of you guys would be if this was your new car and your hard earned money. I had a tuner mess up another car I once owned and was with out my car for a few weeks and ended up going after them for the cost of my rental car, time lost, and a few other things. Time is money and if they wasted your time they better pay you for it.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:59 PM

+1 Finally someone knows where we're coming from. THANK BITURBOAMG
Old 02-02-2008, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55
On a car with 35k miles, a brand new tranny would increase the resale value. I personally find it amazing that a Mercedes dealer would install a brand new transmission on a tuned car... most dealers would give you hell about it. I don't think you realize how lucky you are lol
Old 02-02-2008, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
his cousin is the one that probably wrote the initial post.

- How about the fact that the tuner got the wrong brake pads and tried to argue that they were the right ones?

- How about the fact that the tuner said that the rear NOT lowering is NORMAL for the ELM, then later finding out that they DIDNT KNOW HOW TO WIRE IT?

No matter what the bros here try to defend the tuner with, there's no way that you can try to hide or excuse the above.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Biturbo your only hearing one side of the story! remember there is always two sides. usally something in the middle is right.

So ballz your car is all fixed execpt the bumper? I think thats what I read? If so what is it that you want outta your tuner? this anwser will tell all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tunning Horrific Nightmare