Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by juicee63
The S65 got an ECU/TCU and the trans failed.
The S55 got ECU and Pulley, and SC failed?

Bumper damaged on the way to dealer,
Pulley is not a simple thing because; you have harmonic balancer/clutch packs/ force and rotation/ psi generated/ heat generated/ ecu parameters etc

These are all fine tuned and balanced by MB with extensive $$$ & time on R&D to make it a DD (daily driver)

Playing with that fine balance, can yes cause problems...off the top of my head Jangy had a huge problem with just pulley installation (miss use of crank pulley I believe)

All I have to say is THIS has been a huge eye opener & I am very thankful for the people that came forward, because you could have possibly saved all of us from potential huge problems..... I mean I live half way across the world from you guys and if something were to go wrong for me I would be royally screwed as a new SC/ transmition is not little $$ not to mention labour/downtime costs.

My dealer was informing me that a lot of ECU tuned cars were suffering in dubi/Bahrain with huge problems from MKB and various other tuners involved…..this could possibly be a reason why MB is cracking down on ECU mods
Old 02-04-2008, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
Zoink, all I know that I wasn't getting any boost, when it went to the dealer, the dealer, has mention SC failed, so they replaced it.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:47 AM

06 S55 AMG, 03 SL55 AMG, 02 S430(sold), 05 F150, 06 Ranger, My baby 07 HD Rdking
Ok I got a quick question. S 55 Vs S 65 ( both cars have ECUtune, the S 55 has 168 mm pulley, S65 also has TCU tune) according to tuners they said total mods for 55 = >60 rwhp, and S65 = 75+ rwhp , who should win. well tonight after super bowl, me and my cousin ran our cars on freeway, and guess what the 55 spanked the 65, I mean me and my cousin drove our cars, then did a car swap, the 55 always came on top. How could this be possible, where on other posts here, I read, that a tuned S65 runs somewhere in the 10s 1/4, stock in the 11s, I mean I know the 55 is tuned too, but I would assume that the 65 would still kick it's a$$. Please let me know, maybe I'm wrong. It looks like ee didn't only lag, lie, and damaged a front end, looks like the 65 is now slower than it used to be stock.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lotus Elise SLK55
Originally Posted by BallzyS55
Ok I got a quick question. S 55 Vs S 65 ( both cars have ECUtune, the S 55 has 168 mm pulley, S65 also has TCU tune) according to tuners they said total mods for 55 = >60 rwhp, and S65 = 75+ rwhp , who should win. well tonight after super bowl, me and my cousin ran our cars on freeway, and guess what the 55 spanked the 65, I mean me and my cousin drove our cars, then did a car swap, the 55 always came on top. How could this be possible, where on other posts here, I read, that a tuned S65 runs somewhere in the 10s 1/4, stock in the 11s, I mean I know the 55 is tuned too, but I would assume that the 65 would still kick it's a$$. Please let me know, maybe I'm wrong. It looks like ee didn't only lag, lie, and damaged a front end, looks like the 65 is now slower than it used to be stock.

There shouldn't even be any comparison, S65 will destroy S55 and make it look like its standing still. You should dyno the S65.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:56 AM

that's what I thought. The S 55 really walked the 65. Me and my cousine are in shock. Wtf
Old 02-04-2008, 02:58 AM

2004 E55
why do people not get a base tune before modding their cars? i'll never understand this. How could you know how much hp you won if you don't have a baseline to go by. The butt-o-meter is know to be subjective!!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:00 AM

The problem is not hp, a stock 55 Vs stock 65, the 55 has no chance, and a moded 55 vs a moded 65 ( similar modes, that I've mention above) the 55 should have no chance, so what the hell?????/
Old 02-04-2008, 03:18 AM

2004 E55
The problem is not hp, /
the problem is HP! if you had a baseline done, you could simply look at it and figure out how much more power you have to begin with. you could compare both car's powers... before and afters, etc.
you do have a print out of your a/f and hp(dyno run) after the tune, right?
Old 02-04-2008, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amgme
look at how the members reacted against ballz when they found out it was EE and you can see why. someone posts their experience on something and they get attacked if he/she disagree w/ him. that could be a reason?
That's the typical reaction you get here and, it seems, in the MB tuner community in general. You've got a bunch of followers and when someone else steps up with an opinion or feedback that isn't the norm they get beat down which in turn discourages people from voicing an opinion against the grain. So it begs the question of when do some of you graduate from high school? Threatening physical violence over negative feeback of a product/tuner? Lame.

I don't personally know ANYONE involved in this ordeal but it seems like the folks who are getting most worked up about it are the ones who A) have an existing relationship with the tuner in question OR B) existing owners of product in question. Instead of getting worked up and being on the offensive against the OP, perhaps you all should pay attention very closely to the situation at hand. FWIW, you all recently just installed the modifications in question (within the last half year) and have no idea what the long term effects are.

Of the almost three years I've been a member of this forum and participant of community events, all of the negative experiences with a number of tuners have been kept on the hush-hush for who knows what reason. It isn't until you talk to the people in person or in private that they will voice their actual experience.

Kind of lame considering the purpose of these "technical" forums.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:25 AM

2006 Mercedes Benz E350
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
That's the typical reaction you get here and, it seems, in the MB tuner community in general. You've got a bunch of followers and when someone else steps up with an opinion or feedback that isn't the norm they get beat down which in turn discourages people from voicing an opinion against the grain. So it begs the question of when do some of you graduate from high school? Threatening physical violence over negative feeback of a product/tuner? Lame.

I don't personally know ANYONE involved in this ordeal but it seems like the folks who are getting most worked up about it are the ones who A) have an existing relationship with the tuner in question OR B) existing owners of product in question. Instead of getting worked up and being on the offensive against the OP, perhaps you all should pay attention very closely to the situation at hand. FWIW, you all recently just installed the modifications in question (within the last half year) and have no idea what the long term effects are.

Of the almost three years I've been a member of this forum and participant of community events, all of the negative experiences with a number of tuners have been kept on the hush-hush for who knows what reason. It isn't until you talk to the people in person or in private that they will voice their actual experience.

I couldn't have said it better myself Ling!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
I understad that stuff happens, but when somebody makes things seem so easy like they told us a 20 mins ecu tune, and the cars ended up with a few and anything but minor problems, that kind of doesn't make sense, and when it comes to a jerk, and a chirp, that's totaly different than blowing up a tranny, and saying oh it wasn't our fault, the tranny was so messed up, that it just gave out, what a coincidence , also not taking responsibillity for your actions, what kind of Professional business is that, appologize today, and, lie all over again later, then towing the car, because of what they did, then coming back saying that car came like that, ok??? there is two sides to every story, but I know what happened so did they, as we come to realize, mind you now we didn't know much about any of this, but business ethics remain the same, we run nemours businesses, and I can tell you that's not how you do business with someone spending over 10k, or $10 for that matter.
Put the tuner on blast and see what they have to say.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3

Ling for President!
Old 02-04-2008, 04:16 AM

+1 Ling
Old 02-04-2008, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bay Area User
the problem is HP! if you had a baseline done, you could simply look at it and figure out how much more power you have to begin with. you could compare both car's powers... before and afters, etc.
you do have a print out of your a/f and hp(dyno run) after the tune, right?
I totaly agree, my question is regardless to hp gain, shouldn't the s65 with the mods listed, spank the S55 with the mods listed?
Old 02-04-2008, 04:35 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
I totaly agree, my question is regardless to hp gain, shouldn't the s65 with the mods listed, spank the S55 with the mods listed?
Yes it should, go get a dyno done to see where both cars are at. Stock 65 should still spank modded 55 with pulley and ecu

best of luck and hope all this gets cleared up
Old 02-04-2008, 04:40 AM

my thought exactly.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Ling for President!
+2
Old 02-04-2008, 07:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
The problem is not hp, a stock 55 Vs stock 65, the 55 has no chance, and a moded 55 vs a moded 65 ( similar modes, that I've mention above) the 55 should have no chance, so what the hell?????/
Sounds to me like there is a problem with the 65. You should do a compression test IMMEDIATELY..
Old 02-04-2008, 07:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Oh! I forgot to mention that I received a TCU speedshift upgrade from Evotech that was initially wired wrong. We installed it in my car and it immediately went limp and into dyno mode. Car wouldn't switch gears. I sent it back to Evotech and they sent me one that was wired correctly. Now my question is had I blown my transmission because of this (who knows maybe it did blow and I didn't realize it) would Evotech have paid for a new transmission. Who would have been responisble? I remember thinking...'wired wrong, are you sh*ting me. This is not a minor typographical mistake, this is my car that you are dealing with. Its like going into the hospital and the doctor prescribing the wrong medicine.' That is not a minor mistake.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Get the 65 checked out it could be a host of thing. The 65 should win easily, with the mods the 55 has.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
from Neveo: my mod days are over for my e55
Must admit, things have gotten a bit strange lately. Soon as I get my car tuned, I'm throwing in the towel on modding my E55 any further.

Last edited by Jakpro1; 02-04-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:09 AM

A slow Tahoe!
Originally Posted by LZH
Right....Because saying "sorry" makes it all better...I've heard that BS excuse more times than I'd like to admit. Clearly, there was a problem that has yet to be resolved to the customers likeing. Now, if I was the tuner in question, I would be offering allot more than a free ELM and bend over backwards to make sure this guy is happy and prevent this type of thread from ever being started. And furthermore, why is it the customers responsibility to have to ASK for something ??? Why should he have to even say what it is he wants, as you put it ??? The tuner should step up to the plate, bite the bullet, admit responsibility and buy this guy a steak dinner, tickets to a ball game, whatever AND do the programming and even more for free - just as a gesture of good will and to show his willingness to do whatever it takes to make this guy happy. That's how I conduct business and I have happy customers, 100%. Becasue guess what....the deficit spending required to make this customer happy and prevent a thread like this from ever being started would be allot less than the revenues lost due to bad publicity. I have no idea who this tuner is...but just from reading this thread, I would never give them my business.
But, all too often these days, people screw up and think saying "I'm sorry" makes it all better. We are not kids where our parents tell us to say your sorry and all is forgiven. Time has been lost, promises broken and damages have occurred between adults. Simply saying you're sorry doesn't cut it. Actions speak louder than words.
Finally, there are indeed 2 sides to every story. But until the tuner tells his side of the story, here in public, this thread will only serve as negative publicity for the aforementioned tuner. And if said tuner has nothing to hide and has consequently done everything conceivably possible to make this customer happy, then there should be no reason for him NOT to say so and give us all the "real" story. Until that happens.....
+10000 - Nothing will increase volumn like 100% customer satisfaction.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Ling for President!
I went through it, too. Just let the thruth find its way. It is very true that you rarely hear of people's experiences until in private or through word of mouth. It has taken me some effort to find all of the people that have had a similar ordeal to mine.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Must admit, things have gotten a bit strange lately. Soon as I get my car tuned, I'm throwing in the towel on modding my E55 any further.

Been a blast and besides just a few purchases, I have enjoyed nearly every mod I have bought.
Am feeling the same way. I was getting ready to do a pulley upgrade (ASP or VRP) but am now wondering if it is worth it.

Maybe if Vic did it personally I would feel better.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:55 AM

05 e55
Originally Posted by jangy
I went through it, too. Just let the thruth find its way. It is very true that you rarely hear of people's experiences until in private or through word of mouth. It has taken me some effort to find all of the people that have had a similar ordeal to mine.
i would have to question if this forum is actually a failure as the vast majority post the good and fail to post the bad and or the unpleasant realities of paying $$ to beta test products and tweak their cars for the sake of performance. i take the good with a grain of salt and actually like to analyze the negative more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tunning Horrific Nightmare