Sponsored by:

Any update on cams?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
What I was saying is that dyno is not a final tuning tool.

Yes, you can get close, but the street is what you drive on.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Ahmad, you are asking me to do a half-assed job.

Why? Is that what you think you and your CLK deserve?
You wanna pay for transportation to Cali?

Yea, thats exactly what I'm saying. You are very professional Good luck marketing your cams to people that dont live in Cali.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP

The problem with Ahmad's CLK is that it is a MAF car. At around 350 HP, MAF runs out of air flow and a voltage clamp flat lines MAF output and defaults to a map. A map that is likely has a fixed value. In addition Kleemann FMU adds fuel pressure vs. boost to keep A/F ratio safe. Very likely car is very rich with very retarded timing.
Vadim I'm sorry but I have to ask,

Ok let me understand something. AMGSC's car now has the Kleeman setup because he sold the HPS setup. But you guys did tune his car. Took about 40hrs. Yes ,he has Kleemann cams now which we know are much milder than the VRP cams. However,his car is exceeding the 350hp mark you state above and you guys were able to tune it and his car has a MAF. So what am I not understanding since basically AMGSC and Ahmad have the same car?
Old 06-24-2008, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
You wanna pay for transportation to Cali?

Yea, thats exactly what I'm saying. You are very professional Good luck marketing your cams to people that dont live in Cali.
Bro I know you're pissed but at this point you are probably better off bringing the car to a tuner on our side. It will be better,however it seems that VRP is saying they cannot or they don't want to design SW for your app blindly because either they need a car like yours or they would need your car.

That would **** me off too if I was told originally that they were just plug and play! We know better now. This should have been mentioned to you prior to purchase is the truth. I would definitely keep these cams and get the car tuned because I believe they will make HP.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-24-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Bro I know you're pissed but at this point you are probably better off bringing the car to a tuner on our side. It will be better,however it seems that VRP is saying they cannot or they don't want to design SW for your app blindly because either they need a car like yours or they would need your car.

That would **** me off too if I was told originally that they were just plug and play! We know better now. This should have been mentioned to you prior to purchase is the truth. I would definitely keep these cams and get the car tuned because I believe they will make HP.
Yea, I'm calling around to figure out what my best option is for a dyno tune.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Although a super pain in the A, I heard somewhere that you can pull the cams and a pro shop can "spec" them for you. Then you would have your numbers and Klee and tune away.

Again, would involve digging back into the motor, but maybe worth it in the long run??

Is that true guys, a shop could spec a cam just from taking some measurements?
Old 06-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Although a super pain in the A, I heard somewhere that you can pull the cams and a pro shop can "spec" them for you. Then you would have your numbers and Klee and tune away.

Again, would involve digging back into the motor, but maybe worth it in the long run??

Is that true guys, a shop could spec a cam just from taking some measurements?
Yes a shop can spec the cams easily. It's very cheap. I may do that but would still prefer a custom dyno tune. We'll see how it goes.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Vadim I'm sorry but I have to ask,

Ok let me understand something. AMGSC's car now has the Kleeman setup because he sold the HPS setup. But you guys did tune his car. Took about 40hrs. Yes ,he has Kleemann cams now which we know are much milder than the VRP cams. However,his car is exceeding the 350hp mark you state above and you guys were able to tune it and his car has a MAF. So what am I not understanding since basically AMGSC and Ahmad have the same car?
No, the cars are not the same. 40 refers not just to pure tuning, but to also getting everything else on the car fixed and corrected.

Ahmad, if you are find some one on the East Coast that can really do the software, has access to the dyno and is willing to datalog the car, I will be glad to assist them to get it right.