*** VRP Bullet Trans ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
*** VRP Bullet Trans ***

VRP is proud to announce we now have a Bulletproof Transmission package available for 722.6 and 722.9 transmissions.

We have hooked up with a company who is the best in the business when it comes to making transmissions indestructible.. They are the very same company which supplies Bin Sulayem Performance in Dubai with all of their transmissions for their crazy projects. We are now their exclusive North American distributor for the Mercedes Benz transmissions.

The "VRP Bullet Trans", as I have labelled it, includes the following:

- Line pressure and extensive valve body modifications
- Reinforced/Modified clutch packs
- High stall modified torque converter!
- Transmission is rated to handle 1200lb/ft of torque !!!!!!!!

This transmission will offer firmer and quicker shifts while still maintaining a Mercedes Benz feel.. It wont clunk or lurch forward like a dragster, but the shifting has improved dramatically.

There are alot of little details which I wont go into, but this gives you a good idea of what we are offering.

Our first VRP Bullet Trans has arrived in our Houston location and will be going into a forum member's car that is getting a full VR700 package.

We have fully built VRP Bullet 722.6 transmissions on the shelf. This means little downtime. You ship your stock transmission. Upon inspection and verification of a working core, we send you back a fully assembled Bullet trans.

This package is available for: $3950 + shipping + your core transmission.

The next step is we will have a programmed EGS module to compliment the Bullet trans. The EGS will have all the torque limiters removed and allow 1200lb/ft of torque to go through the drivetrain.. The improved electronics coupled with the bullet proof transmission will be the ultimate package!

Now we are moving our way down the drivetrain and we will be tackling the next weakest link...

Here are a couple of pics (not much to look at, but this is what it looks like):

Last edited by vrus; 02-13-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Looks awesome!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 02-13-2008, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Looking good Victor...When are you going to TEST in on the car ???...I assume this trans will into Havocs beast... and what about people like ME, who is unable to ship their gearbox to US...

I want this mod...but shipping to US and back is way too expensive...
Old 02-13-2008, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Wow!!!!, this is definitely a must. Please educate me, what model lines will this be used on. I hope the 65 is one of them...
Old 02-13-2008, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
Old 02-13-2008, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
I'm offering a suggestion since I'm not actually in the market for this awesome tranny . . .yet.

Rather than force your customers to have significant down time with their cars, you should consider collecting a core charge that covers your nut upfront in the event a transmission isn't returned to you or is the wrong one or is damaged. If they return a decent core within a specified period of time and you determine it's useable, then you refund the core deposit.

Doing it the way you suggested seems non-user friendly and very time consuming. A customer needs to get his tranny removed, and then his car sits while the tranny is packed and shipped to you, and then sits some more while you inspect the transmission, and then sits some more while the beefed up transmission is being shipped back to the customer's shop. And then sits some more while the installation is completed. Potential down time of two weeks or more depending on shipping distances.

Maybe it's just me, but I would much rather pay the deposit up front, have the replacement tranny on hand, and then do the R&R of the tranny all in one fell swoop with minimal down time for the car. This way, car is down maybe two days tops. Just a thought.

Anyway, love this great stuff you're coming out with for the 55s.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Wow! Just gets better and better! PLEASE open up a shop here in the SouthEast!
Old 02-13-2008, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Originally Posted by kompressed55
I'm offering a suggestion since I'm not actually in the market for this awesome tranny . . .yet.

Rather than force your customers to have significant down time with their cars, you should consider collecting a core charge that covers your nut upfront in the event a transmission isn't returned to you or is the wrong one or is damaged. If they return a decent core within a specified period of time and you determine it's useable, then you refund the core deposit.

Doing it the way you suggested seems non-user friendly and very time consuming. A customer needs to get his tranny removed, and then his car sits while the tranny is packed and shipped to you, and then sits some more while you inspect the transmission, and then sits some more while the beefed up transmission is being shipped back to the customer's shop. And then sits some more while the installation is completed. Potential down time of two weeks or more depending on shipping distances.

Maybe it's just me, but I would much rather pay the deposit up front, have the replacement tranny on hand, and then do the R&R of the tranny all in one fell swoop with minimal down time for the car. This way, car is down maybe two days tops. Just a thought.

So true stocking the gear, ready to go would save time, but I would want my low mile original transmission back. Hate to think I got a 80K mile unknown history rebuilt core. No argument, just like to go with what I know.
I feel that this is the best $4K mod you can do.
Victor any thoughts on a South Florida rep/facility?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
So true stocking the gear, ready to go would save time, but I would want my low mile original transmission back.

I don't think their plan is to rework the tranny you send them. They just want a useable core before they ship you the beefed up one. One can only imagine the down time for your car if you had to wait while they did the upgrades to your transmission.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
jakpro's next mod!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
I don't think their plan is to rework the tranny you send them. They just want a useable core before they ship you the beefed up one. One can only imagine the down time for your car if you had to wait while they did the upgrades to your transmission.
Thanks, I miss read, I can understand the need for a quick turn as many E55s are daily drivers, and you are right better to have the new gear on site before removing the original, core charge works.

I would still want my original gear modified back, no matter the time it takes. My E 55 is not my daily so I could wait.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Will this work with a CLK55 and will it come with TCU tuning? I'm so glad you did this because I was worried about using other transmission builders without experience with benzes. Ugraded valve bodies with increased line pressure will greatly help shifting speeds and the torque converter will give a killer launch and free up eveen more torque! Great work Victor. Can we expect 0.5s off the 1/4 with this upgrade?

Any kind of warranty? Is this a billet torque converter?

Last edited by blackbenzz; 02-13-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Thanks bud! You don't quite need one YET, but if you keep adding those mods, I can definitely see one in your future..

Originally Posted by jmf003
Looks awesome!
The fun begins once it gets installed..

Originally Posted by rotex
Yeah.. See the guy who posted above you?? It belongs to his car.. He will have a full VR700 + Bullet Trans + Quaiffe rear diff.

All VRP700 cars will be recommended to purchase Bullet trans and Quaiffe diff will be a standard item on all builds that we do.

The only way I can get you one Mike is if the tranny is shipped to USA. The company that does the work is located there and they are the only ones that I am allowing to touch my tranmissions.

What do you think BSP does? They ship from Dubai to USA and then back. Trust me... It's worth the money!

Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
Looking good Victor...When are you going to TEST in on the car ???...I assume this trans will into Havocs beast... and what about people like ME, who is unable to ship their gearbox to US...

I want this mod...but shipping to US and back is way too expensive...
Jody.. Come on buddy.. Of course its gonna work on the 65s!! Its going to go into the 1000hp SL65 monster once I tell the owner he has to spend a few more dollars on his build...

722.6 is 55s, 600s and 65s.. 722.9 is 63s.. I got everyone covered!

Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
Wow!!!!, this is definitely a must. Please educate me, what model lines will this be used on. I hope the 65 is one of them...
Thanks!

Originally Posted by OXOJE55
The Bullet Trans is on the shelf so we have built cores already.. The customer can pay the core upfront $2000 if they want and it will be refunded once we receive their stock tranny.. I dont mind doing it either way.. whatever the customer prefers.

I'm looking.. I'm looking... If you know of any high end shops in that area that want to be part of the family, let me know.

Originally Posted by Timeless
Wow! Just gets better and better! PLEASE open up a shop here in the SouthEast!
It doesn't matter to be honest... almost the entire guts of the transmission are removed and replaced with NEW, stronger parts.. It doesnt matter if we start with a 100K or 1K tranny.. they both end up the same way when they are finished.

The only hookup I have in Florida is C2 Designs and Active Autowerk (who helped Albert & I with a few 55 projects). Either of those 2 shops are qualified to do the work and work with VRP.

So true stocking the gear, ready to go would save time, but I would want my low mile original transmission back. Hate to think I got a 80K mile unknown history rebuilt core. No argument, just like to go with what I know.
I feel that this is the best $4K mod you can do.
Victor any thoughts on a South Florida rep/facility?
Once we get his tune finalized and we see what his beast will do, I may talk him into it.. He's already got the EGS done, so this is the last piece to the puzzle for him.

Originally Posted by BMWEATR
jakpro's next mod!!!!!!
If you've got a 722.6 tranny in your car, you are good to go!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Will this work with a CLK55 and will it come with TCU tuning? I'm so glad you did this because I was worried about using other transmission builders without experience with benzes. Ugraded valve bodies with increased line pressure will greatly help shifting speeds and the torque converter will give a killer launch and free up eveen more torque! Great work Victor. Can we expect 0.5s off the 1/4 with this upgrade?

Any kind of warranty? Is this a billet torque converter?
Old 02-13-2008, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by vrus
...The next step is we will have a programmed EGS module to compliment the Bullet trans. The EGS will have all the torque limiters removed...
How about just the EGS reflash? For those of us not-so-hardcore people.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Once its finalized, I'll make it available.. Still in development right now..

Originally Posted by phatmitzu
How about just the EGS reflash? For those of us not-so-hardcore people.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:12 PM

2003 E500
Thanks, I miss read, I can understand the need for a quick turn as many E55s are daily drivers, and you are right better to have the new gear on site before removing the original, core charge works.

I would still want my original gear modified back, no matter the time it takes. My E 55 is not my daily so I could wait.
After that much extensive work has gone into it, wouldn't it be pretty much the same coming out whether it was yours or another one?
Old 02-13-2008, 12:14 PM

2003 E500

It doesn't matter to be honest... almost the entire guts of the transmission are removed and replaced with NEW, stronger parts.. It doesnt matter if we start with a 100K or 1K tranny.. they both end up the same way when they are finished.
Oops, looks like my response was a little too late.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Keep Them Coming Victor!
Another Outstanding VRP Product to Add to my VRP Rocketship!

NEXT!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Guys... By the way... This price of $3950 is an INTRODUCTORY price.. The tranny includes an $800 torque converter modification which we are throwing in for **FREE** right now..

Price will go up to $4495 in the next week or two.

----------------------------
Hey bud! I was waiting for the right time to tell you that you had to spend a few more bucks... lol..

Originally Posted by Havoc
Keep Them Coming Victor!
Another Outstanding VRP Product to Add to my VRP Rocketship!

NEXT!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Victor, I want it. If you can just confirm that it will work with my car. Whats the stall speed on the torque converter and is it a billet tc or just a modified stock one? Any warranty? Thanks
Old 02-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Waiting for a reply to my email.. I'll get the info for you and post up..

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Victor, I want it. If you can just confirm that it will work with my car. Whats the stall speed on the torque converter and is it a billet tc or just a modified stock one? Any warranty? Thanks
Old 02-13-2008, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Hey bud! I was waiting for the right time to tell you that you had to spend a few more bucks... lol..
I Love You Man... What's a few more bucks to ensure I can thrash it with confidence!
Send one to the Costa Mesa shop for me, you know I'll need one.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
I'm looking.. I'm looking... If you know of any high end shops in that area that want to be part of the family, let me know.
Only shop I have even found near me is this one: http://www.europeanroadandracing.com/main_index.htm

And I have not even talked to them yet...so I dunno how good they are or if they would be interested.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Victor I dont have that much money as BSP...so I will have to pass on this one...

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 02-14-2008 at 11:22 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** VRP Bullet Trans ***