W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turned In My E55 To The Dealership Yesterday...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 '06
Turned In My E55 To The Dealership Yesterday...

Well, the beast is now gone. but we had a good run, sort of.

I had to hire a lemon law attorney and in no time at all MB agreed to buy my car back and give me back every penny! I have to hand it to MB...very class act but I'm not sure if it was MB being very nice or my lawyer being that good! I think it's a little of both b/c I didn't even have to pay for the offset of milage. MB stepped up and it's nice to know they take care of their customers!

Considering how much this car depreciated in the short time I owned it...I was very happy to get out of this car and the headaches associated with it (electrical). I don't know what I'm going to get but I already miss the powerful beast! At this point, I think I would prefer luxury and comfort over the raw speed of the E55. I found myself not really using the power I paid for. So any suggestions?

At least, I will always have the fond memories of the looks on the faces of those I and the beast humilated! I will also have the kill stories I posted here too! Hmmm, maybe I'll get the S600?

Nick
PS My attorney is a great guy too! He is very familar with MB and is a bulldog when it comes to this stuff.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:03 PM

2004 Pathfinder
sorry, i'm not famililiar with the lemon law, so this might be a stupid question.
Did they give full paying (msrp or whatever you payed) back? Because if they did, you just skipped by a lot, and i mean a lot, of depriciation.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:18 PM

ML350 '06
Originally Posted by mb_193
sorry, i'm not famililiar with the lemon law, so this might be a stupid question.
Did they give full paying (msrp or whatever you payed) back? Because if they did, you just skipped by a lot, and i mean a lot, of depriciation.
I didn't realize this but the lemon law for the state of California really does protect the consumer in every way. It doesn't cost you anything, even if you don't win. All attorney fees are paid by the car manufacturer. In my case, MB settled and agreed to pay off my loan balance and give me back every penny I paid on the car. So yes, I didn't take the BATH in depreciation that these cars have. I was also looking at losing $5K - $8K from the millage offset (normal wear and tear) but my attorney got MB to give everything back in exchange for the car.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:31 PM

'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
Originally Posted by Nickerz
Well, the beast is now gone. but we had a good run, sort of.

I had to hire a lemon law attorney and in no time at all MB agreed to buy my car back and give me back every penny! I have to hand it to MB...very class act but I'm not sure if it was MB being very nice or my lawyer being that good! I think it's a little of both b/c I didn't even have to pay for the offset of milage. MB stepped up and it's nice to know they take care of their customers!

Considering how much this car depreciated in the short time I owned it...I was very happy to get out of this car and the headaches associated with it (electrical). I don't know what I'm going to get but I already miss the powerful beast! At this point, I think I would prefer luxury and comfort over the raw speed of the E55. I found myself not really using the power I paid for. So any suggestions?

At least, I will always have the fond memories of the looks on the faces of those I and the beast humilated! I will also have the kill stories I posted here too! Hmmm, maybe I'll get the S600?

Nick
PS My attorney is a great guy too! He is very familar with MB and is a bulldog when it comes to this stuff.
comfort/luxury, but quick? maserati quattroporte. glad it all worked out for you. and yes, these stock 55's are incredibly fast, as you know. properly/heavily modded, you would have to find a supercar to keep up with them in the 1/4 mile. just love my 55. good luck on your new car search.

Last edited by m52e55; 03-29-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:36 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55
Go get yourself a new Lexus LS460. The "normal" ones (non long-wheel base) sticker for about $71,500 with all the major desirable options (and can be had for the $62,500 range which is basically $1K over invoice).

They are of awesome size/value and trust me on this; other than regularly scheduled maintenance you will never need to go in for service.

Good luck!

TK
Old 03-29-2008, 06:44 PM

ML350 '06
Originally Posted by MNM5ETR
Go get yourself a new Lexus LS460. The "normal" ones (non long-wheel base) sticker for about $71,500 with all the major desirable options (and can be had for the $62,500 range which is basically $1K over invoice).

They are of awesome size/value and trust me on this; other than regularly scheduled maintenance you will never need to go in for service.

Good luck!

TK
How funny you mention this b/c I was just on lexus.com yesterday checking this one out. I was looking at the L version but I think you're right, the LS460's are in abundant supply and can be bargained for right now. Black on Black would look realllly nice!

The other option I was thinking about was getting the RX330 for my wife and when we turn in our ML350 (in about 1 1/2 years), I could then get a great deal on a LS460H hybrid? I know every car manufacturer has their "bad apples" of the bunch but my E55 has me a little gun-shy having to deal with many problems it had. I'm leaning towards Japanese for reliability. Although our ML350 hasn't given us 1 problem yet.

Last edited by Nickerz; 03-29-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
I didn't realize this but the lemon law for the state of California really does protect the consumer in every way. It doesn't cost you anything, even if you don't win. All attorney fees are paid by the car manufacturer. In my case, MB settled and agreed to pay off my loan balance and give me back every penny I paid on the car. So yes, I didn't take the BATH in depreciation that these cars have. I was also looking at losing $5K - $8K from the millage offset (normal wear and tear) but my attorney got MB to give everything back in exchange for the car.
MB went back to the original cost of the vehicle and gave you the full purchase price?
Old 03-29-2008, 07:38 PM

ML350 '06
Originally Posted by sack5000
MB went back to the original cost of the vehicle and gave you the full purchase price?

They paid off the remaining amount I owed and paid me back 100% of every payment I made up to this point.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
S600 would be the way I'd go....but if you really don't want the speed, the Lexus is a good choice...other than the mediocre looks.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
I would get the LS460L, the air suspension makes it very comfortable. Looks great with the optional 19inch wheels!
Old 03-29-2008, 08:44 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by oldgixxer
Good luck with that.I spoke to several attorneys that deal strictly with Lemon Law vehicles.Each one told me Mercedes is THE toughest&will fight you every step of the way as they are under the belief that their cars are superior&it's the owners fault.You will be tied up(at least in NY)for 8-12mos going back&forth with M-B.
Of course,a few of the attorneys were willing to offer me arbitration for a flat fee(non-refundable even if you win)for several thousand dollars and it basically boiled down to this:
-You pay attorney
-You get a court date
-M-B's lawyers show up&fight for M-B
-your lawyer fights for you
-You have a 50% chance of winning the case
Like I said this is strictly the situation I faced in New York,your state may be different

I gave up after hearing that & they finally fixed my brakes so I guess it all worked out

Gix, I hope you get my point now. If you just have a good case and a decent attorney, then bada bing you're done...just like I said in the other thread. Happens all the time, and it's far from difficult as long as you meet the elements of your state's lemon law statute...
Old 03-29-2008, 09:26 PM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by Kar don
I would get the LS460L, the air suspension makes it very comfortable. Looks great with the optional 19inch wheels!
The optional 19" wheels are part of the "Touring Package" and only available on the 460L. They do make the car look about 100X better, too!

On the note of a RX350/330 I just am not a fan (and am in a huge Lexus family) and like the feel and ride of the old model RX300 better.

You may be right on getting a deal on a LS600h (not 460h) in a few years. Lexi is making an AWD version of the LS460 this fall and the majority of the buyers buying the 600h are traditionally huge LS fans but want AWD (600h obviously has AWD).

When you go look at a LS (430, 460, whatever) lean your head back and rest in on the headrest. It is like a pillow!

Whatever you do good luck!

BTW, our lease is up the end of April on our GX470 and take a wild guess at what we are looking at .

T
Old 03-29-2008, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
I'm not going to start a Lexus bash thread but you want to go from an AMG to an LS? There is no comparison in the driving dynamics. Get an S600 or an S550 and you will be very happy. Get the ABC if you get an S550 and it will probably drive even better than your E55.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:49 PM

2005 E55 Black / Black Every available option except Sat radio
lemon law rules.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Car was an 05, right? How the hell did you lemon a 3 year old car? Maybe California is way different but in Maryland it has to be done within the 1st year of ownership and you must be the original owner, I believe.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:06 AM

ML350 '06
Originally Posted by MNM5ETR
...BTW, our lease is up the end of April on our GX470 and take a wild guess at what we are looking at .

T

Well, if you're thinking about the ML350, then I'd definitely be game to swaping the lease. I checked last week in fact with MB finacial and the lease is fully transferable. PM me if you're interested as it's black on black and has all the good options!

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Car was an 05, right? How the hell did you lemon a 3 year old car? Maybe California is way different but in Maryland it has to be done within the 1st year of ownership and you must be the original owner, I believe.

Yes, I had an '05. Not sure if the state of CA is different (probably so) but it worked! It didn't take too long either and was absolutely NO hassle at all! Like I said, my attorney was a bulldog and got MB to step up really quick. It certainly wasn't a matter of buyers remourse either as my service history was a mile long and I think MB payed attention to that. They did the right thing and I will always defend MB for that!

Last edited by Nickerz; 03-30-2008 at 04:12 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Well, if you're thinking about the ML350, then I'd definitely be game to swaping the lease. I checked last week in fact with MB finacial and the lease is fully transferable. PM me if you're interested as it's black on black and has all the good options!

Yes, I had an '05. Not sure if the state of CA is different (probably so) but it worked! It didn't take too long either and was absolutely NO hassle at all! Like I said, my attorney was a bulldog and got MB to step up really quick. It certainly wasn't a matter of buyers remourse either as my service history was a mile long and I think MB payed attention to that. They did the right thing and I will always defend MB for that!
Were you the original owner? How many miles?

When I lemoned my SAAB, they said it had to be done within first year of delivery and less than 10K miles.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by m52e55
comfort/luxury, but quick? maserati quattroporte.
Masers are S L O W.

394bhp
Old 03-30-2008, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by pmb600
I'm not going to start a Lexus bash thread but you want to go from an AMG to an LS? There is no comparison in the driving dynamics. Get an S600 or an S550 and you will be very happy. Get the ABC if you get an S550 and it will probably drive even better than your E55.
Lexus' are far more reliable though and represent good value...
Old 03-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
I think you should consider another M-B. You know that it will give you problems and you already know a good attorney who will win your next lemon law case. Viola, M-Bs forever, for free.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Yeah get another MB. Especially if you got a new S-Class, their reliability has been so much better than the previous generation Mercedes. And as you say, MB did the right thing with you and took back your car and did not charge you for the wear and tear or whatever...show them some appreciation for that and buy another car!
Old 03-30-2008, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by transferred
So what. If that was the only reason we bought cars then we wouldn't ever drive anything but Japanese. Every car will have some minor problems, but if the warranty takes care of it who cares.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:07 PM

2006 E55

Thanks for the offer on this but we are looking at a Lexus LS (not sure if we are going to do a used 430 or 460).

Some thread regarding a S550 versus a LS. I read - and "heard" - what you said in your original post; "luxury" and coming off a lemon law car you have to be looking for dependability. Sorry, the S550 is a sports car compared to the LS and you will once again familiarize yourself with the M-B dealer!

Don't get me wrong - the S and LS are two completely different cars. You know my vote. Also, I would never buy a non-AMG (high horsepower) M-B.

TK
Old 03-30-2008, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by transferred
"Driving an E63/E55 just prior to testing the LS 460 is a big mistake. The German and Japanese machines define the opposite poles of the luxury sedan spectrum. The E63 is for driving enthusiasts. The LS 460 is for people who hate cars."

Last edited by sack5000; 03-30-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by pmb600
So what. If that was the only reason we bought cars then we wouldn't ever drive anything but Japanese. Every car will have some minor problems, but if the warranty takes care of it who cares.
Downtown without your car is one problem. I could go on but you sound to have a chip on your shoulder so I shan't.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turned In My E55 To The Dealership Yesterday...