F#$!% my ONE MAN S/A dealership!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 05:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
F#$!% my ONE MAN S/A dealership!

HOLY **** MAN! What a POS dealership I've got here. Kimball Motors in San Luis Obispo. While their sales side is so so, it's still ok. Parts has been nothing but excellent. BUt service?! OMFG! They have...one...yes ONE single uno service advisor! That's it!! It's some clown who used to work for the local German indy.

So I take my car in today for a few things: S/C shutting off... normal, but I was hoping for an updated p/n pump, a rattling sound coming from around the pulley area, and little ****, like the cluster creaking, the possiblity of worm motors mounts and squealing brakes. On top of that I asked that they update all software so my **** is up to date. Oh and my passenger seat shaking a bit on the freeway, which I suspect could be from the motor mounts or maybe a loose bolt.

What does he tell me? There's a $250 diagnosis fee. I'm like uhh.. dude, it's CPO'ed, there's a warranty. "oh no, see, some items aren't covered under warranty. For example creaks and rattle, nope." I'm like ok then forget the dash cluster. He tells me "oh no, like the seat, we don't know if it's covered under warranty or not until we look at it. So if it's something under warranty like we gotta replace a part, it's free, but if it's something else that isn't covered, then we gotta charge you diagnosis fee and then whatever it cost to fix it" (ie. a loose bolt!)

What a dumb old mother ****er!! I couldn't believe it! On top of that, that stupid ***** doesn't listen when I tell him about problems I have w/ the car that I already KNOW what is wrong. He wants me to act dumb and be like "oh.. I dunno..my car has no power. When? uh.. when I accelerate." and won't listen when I go technical on him.

Son of a *****. My parents sold both their Benz and got Lexus instead b/c of that dip **** dealer.

I goto Santa Barbara Auto Group usually, but **** the 1hr drive one way....at least they do alright over there.. I guess..

/rant.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 2006 Evolution IX, 2008 Ducati 848
damn 03 E55s had mad problems...hope it all gets worked out 4u though...and yea Fukk that guy hahah
Old 04-23-2008, 06:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Well it's not that it has problems really. The I/C pump is an issue with all 55K and the sound I hear from near the pulley...well we'll see what it is lol
Old 04-23-2008, 06:30 AM

2005 E55 AMG, 2006 Evolution IX, 2008 Ducati 848
Yea i see...but still FUkk THAT GUY
Old 04-23-2008, 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Oh and when I asked that all software be updated he said I would have to pay for it unless something was wrong and that it required reflash lol
Old 04-23-2008, 07:05 AM

A slow Tahoe!
Go ahead and get the update and your car will run slower than it did before you brought it in. Trust me.........do not reflash your car.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:54 AM

E55
Is the rattle from your s/c pulley? If so, there was a tb related to that where the bearing started to prematurely wear. I just had mine replace under this, despite my mods (with a "minor" amount of coaxing). IF the rattle is more into the s/c, it could be the gears chattering under a lower load. I have been told by a few tuners that this is somewhat common with the 55k motors, but it is more pronounced on some that others. Good luck.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:47 PM

2004 E55
OP, I have been through exactly what you describe down here in OC with FJ MB. At least they told you about the diag charges before they did them.

I figured my car is CPO so everything is covered consistent with standard warranty - boy was I wrong.

CPO has been worthless for me. I realize that if something goes wrong with the drivetrain it can be costly and CPO covers that, but really, short of that, and its useless.

I started taking my car all the way up to Calabasas (1+hrs drive). Its worth it to avoid the frustration of dealing with crappy SA, alone.

Gluck.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:16 PM

2002 E55
+1 if IRC CPO only for major problems like engine and drivetrain, its not bumper to bumper. A different warranty maybe better. Sorry to hear your frustration.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Dude, there are 2 recalls on our cars.
One is for the CATS and Fuel Filter Module, your S/A can look it up.
Now make you appt to fix those, then throw in everything else and make sure to give him a ****ty rating.
Before the recall my car was calling for fuel filters, I put it off cause it was 800 and I was going to look somewhere else, then I got the recall and they found it leaking, it was making the car run rich and was about to fould up the plugs and so on...so that might be the rattle, of ruff idle.I had that.
I got new cats too, anyway I had them check all the ather crap, the height on my airmatic, the brakes, everything.
Talk to JASON at SBAG he is a Benz S/A and is my BOY!
Old 04-23-2008, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
I recall that you left MB because of crappy service, therefore, going off into the Lexus world. Sorry to hear that your return is the same old story.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55BKS
Go ahead and get the update and your car will run slower than it did before you brought it in. Trust me.........do not reflash your car.
+1
Old 04-24-2008, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
werd no reflash?
Old 05-27-2009, 09:40 PM

07 CLS550 & 05 E55
Finally I found this thread I had the exact same problem with this s**t a** dealership the old f**k that works there is a complete doucher I bought 2 cars from the dealership and the serivice department blows maybe it's time for a BMW lol!

I guess I will have to continue to see the boys in Santa Barbara oh well there loss.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
just to update since this thread was born, I ended up going to Santa barbara auto group and they took care of me like I was a royalty. Changed the defective pulley and whatever else. And provided a loaner. Kimball motors service sucks. The guy before named Per (forgot his last name) was awesome. I remember I bought a replacement wiper blade and didn't know how to put it on and Per slapped it on for me. That's service right there!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:03 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Two words dude, XANAX.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:10 PM

nascar
Originally Posted by efivefiveamg
OP, I have been through exactly what you describe down here in OC with FJ MB. At least they told you about the diag charges before they did them.

I figured my car is CPO so everything is covered consistent with standard warranty - boy was I wrong.

CPO has been worthless for me. I realize that if something goes wrong with the drivetrain it can be costly and CPO covers that, but really, short of that, and its useless.

I started taking my car all the way up to Calabasas (1+hrs drive). Its worth it to avoid the frustration of dealing with crappy SA, alone.

Gluck.
What's your SA's name?

I've had the opposite experience with Calabasas (next to my house), despite everyone saying that the Newport FJ is full of ****, my SA took care of me quite well.

However, I'm sure sales is a different story, alot of douche looking blokes working there..

When I asked one of em where I should bring my car he gave me a smug answer, "drive your ol' c class up to the middle lane, kid" just stereotyping me cause I'm a college student
Old 05-28-2009, 12:42 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by ECBAOBAO
What's your SA's name?

I've had the opposite experience with Calabasas (next to my house), despite everyone saying that the Newport FJ is full of ****, my SA took care of me quite well.

However, I'm sure sales is a different story, alot of douche looking blokes working there..

When I asked one of em where I should bring my car he gave me a smug answer, "drive your ol' c class up to the middle lane, kid" just stereotyping me cause I'm a college student
Did you respond, "thank you, Mr. Car Salesman."

I have since returned to FJ service out of necessity and found the best SA eva!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:16 AM

nascar
Originally Posted by efivefiveamg
Did you respond, "thank you, Mr. Car Salesman."

I have since returned to FJ service out of necessity and found the best SA eva!!!
Haha who? PM me the name, we might have the same SA