*** Carbon Airbox for 63 Cars ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
Jeff, I hope you get your box soon. I feel bad for you as I know you have waited and waited then sent many emails along with phone calls only to get zero response. Its unfortunate that it takes pubic posts to get a response.

I hope I get it soon too.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Originally Posted by vrus
Guys,

My apologies for not posting an update.

The airbox was scheduled to arrive at the shop on Monday for final fitment.

This weekend was a long weekend for us here in Canada.. Today is a national holiday (Canada Day) so everything was closed. I will get an update tomorrow and find out if the airbox was fitted or not.

I will post a follow-up tomorrow for you guys.

Hang in there.. We are not too far off..
....Waiting for today's update???
Old 07-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
I am waiting for a return phone call this morning and I will know what is going on.. I will post an update by the afternoon.

-----------------------------
Jay.. I get over 100 emails each day that I have to go through and sometimes it takes me a few days to get caught up and reply to everyone.

I just cant provide instant same-day responses anymore.

The reason I posted here first before replying to Jeff was because its faster to let everyone know all at once than replying to each individual person one at a time by the time I make it through the whole email inbox.

Originally Posted by JAYCL600
Jeff, I hope you get your box soon. I feel bad for you as I know you have waited and waited then sent many emails along with phone calls only to get zero response. Its unfortunate that it takes public posts to get a response.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
I am waiting for a return phone call this morning and I will know what is going on.. I will post an update by the afternoon.

-----------------------------
Jay.. I get over 100 emails each day that I have to go through and sometimes it takes me a few days to get caught up and reply to everyone.

I just cant provide instant same-day responses anymore.

The reason I posted here first before replying to Jeff was because its faster to let everyone know all at once than replying to each individual person one at a time by the time I make it through the whole email inbox.
Victor, Im a sponsor on 3 message boards I know the feeling quite well. I get well over 100 emails a day and find a way to get back to my clients in a timely manner, is it always same day, no, but in a timely manner yes. More then one of your clients has expressed to me about a total lack of return calls and emails which was what I was referring to. If you are that inundated by emails maybe you need some help answering them Just a suggestion not a snide remark. If you have that many requests for info or orders thats usually the next step to keep clients happy and in the loop.

Last edited by JAYCL600; 07-03-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Did you ever hear back from them this week or last, depending on when you see this post???? Are they going to go out this coming week?
Old 07-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Sorry guys... No good news yet... The airboxes are sitting in Canada Customs awaiting clearance. I am hoping they will clear today so they will be test fit and I can get these boxed and shipped over the weekend.

As soon as they call me and give me an update I will post the info.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Please read the email I just sent you before sending my airboxes.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
It will be 7 weeks this Tuesday since I ordered mine. I hope we get them soon. I usually allow a cushion for these things but I am starting to see a pattern here. If I hear " next week" one more time I'm gonna freak out. It's been over 9 weeks since you released this thing for orders and stated 4-5 weeks for delivery. On June 19th you stated "Engine covers are here, airboxes should land next week". I fully understand R&D and manufacturing lead-times, but I am starting to think that you took orders from us before having anything ordered with your vendor. In the mean while you have had our funds. Not trying to be a pest, but losing faith very quickly. I am expecting some detailed and valid answers on Monday or I am going to cancel my order.

This unit was supposed to be a summer pacifier for the intake restrictions on my car until I had time to have a true ram-air hood and airbox developed this fall, but at this rate the summer is going to be gone and I will be shipping the car off for more work, negating the need for this airbox all together.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:55 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Sorry about the frustration Jim... Like I said in my previous post I dont pad timelines and I don't pass along any B.S. I relay exactly what I am told. I was told this was a 4-5week delivery schedule the day that I placed my order.

The day that I posted the link for the orders is the day that I made the commitment to the manufacturer to run the airboxes.

Everything lays in the hands of the composites shop. I can't control how long it takes before something comes out of production and whether they get it right the first time. I wish I could sometimes...

Monday morning I will be making some phone calls to find out what is going on.

The last thing I want is for you to be frustrated about the whole experience... If you are not happy and would like your money back just say the word and I will refund it for you.

Again, I apologize to everyone for the delays.. I wish I could do something to speed things up, but it's beyond my control at this point.

Originally Posted by jrcart
It will be 7 weeks this Tuesday since I ordered mine. I hope we get them soon. I usually allow a cushion for these things but I am starting to see a pattern here. If I hear " next week" one more time I'm gonna freak out. It's been over 9 weeks since you released this thing for orders and stated 4-5 weeks for delivery. On June 19th you stated "Engine covers are here, airboxes should land next week". I fully understand R&D and manufacturing lead-times, but I am starting to think that you took orders from us before having anything ordered with your vendor. In the mean while you have had our funds. Not trying to be a pest, but losing faith very quickly. I am expecting some detailed and valid answers on Monday or I am going to cancel my order.

This unit was supposed to be a summer pacifier for the intake restrictions on my car until I had time to have a true ram-air hood and airbox developed this fall, but at this rate the summer is going to be gone and I will be shipping the car off for more work, negating the need for this airbox all together.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I got word that they will be released by customs today and will be available for delivery. We should have them today/tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything arrive at your place yesterday or this morning? Please PM me when mine ships.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 07-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
The airboxes are in Fedex's possession. The status says "On Fedex vehicle for delivery" so they should be arriving at the warehouse very soon.

We are waiting for some rubber-backed washers to arrive for the airbox bolts.

As soon as the airboxes land they will get test fit on a car to make sure everything is 100% before we pack them up.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Good news Vic
Old 07-10-2008, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Did the boxes arrive at your location yesterday? Any idea as to when these are going to be able to ship out to us? Yet another week has gone by and not much progress has been made.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:40 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
THEY ARE HERE!!!!!!!!

I am heading over tomorrow to my friend's warehouse to pick them up and get them packed. I will try to make the cutoff time for the courier but worst case I will get them out for Monday morning.

I haven't seen them in person yet, but, from what I was told over the phone, they look HOT!

I'll post some teaser pics tomorrow to tide you guys over until you receive it in your hands.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:15 AM

09 C63 (Coming Soon)
I might have to throw that on the C when I get it...

Nice pics
Old 07-14-2008, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Let me be the first to say...I GOT THEM!!!! DHL Just droped them off here just after 9 am.
THank you vic!!!!

I will post pictures later today once installed.

They look great, other then I am not looking forward to cutting my old star off the old cover to put in the new one. Might just try to buy a new star today if its available.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mine arrived this morning, I am going to drive the Black Series over to my shop to see if one of my truck mechanics can proprely install it. One of them is a import drag racer so I think they should be able to figure it out. I'll report back as soon as the install is complete.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:56 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
'08 CL65
Pic's taken w/camera phone. Couple of "observations:"

1. Any chance of having the MAF covers made in carbon fiber to match he rest of the setup?

2. The filters supplied w/the kit are different from the "Hi-Flow" filters I purchased a while back. Any difference in performance?

Last edited by xabo; 07-14-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Attach pics
Old 07-14-2008, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Looks great! just picked my car back up from the shop. Gonna maybe try working on installing this tonight, but might have to wait til tomorrow. Getting tired. Been a long day!
Old 07-14-2008, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by xabo
Pic's taken w/camera phone. Couple of "observations:"

1. Any chance of having the MAF covers made in carbon fiber to match he rest of the setup?

2. The filters supplied w/the kit are different from the "Hi-Flow" filters I purchased a while back. Any difference in performance?
Thanks for the pictures, the boxes look great. I agree with you about the two little covers. It'd look much better without those two silver ones.

What do you mean by the filters being different? Are they different in shape, size, material ????
Old 07-14-2008, 10:27 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
'08 CL65
Same shape,size......but has a foam type of material attached that faces towards the engine/airbox. Also I don't feel as though I should have to"transplant" the Mercedes Star from the old cover to the new one.

Last edited by xabo; 07-14-2008 at 10:30 PM. Reason: topic
Old 07-14-2008, 10:55 PM

E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
I thought that the high flow air filters for the 63 would fit right in........I guess not!!!!.......How much of a difference is there between the high flow filters in the stock housing vs the current filters in the cf housing? Vadim showed some impressive gains with just the high flow filters....!

You're right,,,the star should have been inserted already in there.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Yeah covers should have come with a star for that price...Transplant was fairly painless though.

Here are some finished pics of mine....

http://gallery.me.com/jfmillr72#100177
Old 07-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Thank you everyone for your business!

Let me clear couple of questions.

The 63 airboxes were designed and made by outside vendor and come with their own filters.

Reason for missing star has to do with MB copyright. We can not have them legally made. This is why a lot of wheel companies make their wheels to fit stock MB wheel caps.

Enjoy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** Carbon Airbox for 63 Cars ***