Porsche 996TT EVOMS GT700 vs my "slightly" modded E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by PTE
What most of you guys don't know about Kleemann , intercooler system . Is that it has at lease twice the condenser surface area to cool out going air from the Gen 4 Magunson Blower V/S the Mercedes OEM condenser under its blower. I know you got the good IHI blower One !! I now wish I have flow benched both of them, But I didn't have a MB OEM piece at the time. Then I went and ported the intake runners to the head , Blackbenzz you got to remember that you also installed a much larger heat exchanger . It all helps , you are plenty Kool so to speak . You really need to watch for how much spark lead you have under full boost. Watch this when you dyno the car. Use a data logger and select Timing & RPM. Throttle load, only. I think Rflow 306 could help advise you there. Remember Cams will help increase the trapped fuel/air volume in the Combustion chamber. in the upper rpm band. Hense , a little Higher compression ratio up there also. You have a Good foundation with the Klee setup & your mods. Cheers ___PTEngineering
Thanks for the advice! I will definitely do that. I didn't think about the higher compression. The nitrous may be too much to handle now But it makes more power than the cams... decisions decisions
Old 06-10-2008, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Thanks for the advice! I will definitely do that. I didn't think about the higher compression. The nitrous may be too much to handle now But it makes more power than the cams... decisions decisions
109 octane is your friend when you need the nos.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
ditch the NOS, lets start stripping this car BARE
Old 06-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by E55JAY
ditch the NOS, lets start stripping this car BARE
Lets not get too crazy now! lol Remember it's a benz and I wanna keep most of the car in tact but I am willing to get rid of some stuff. If I ditched the nitrous I would hate myself for spending all the money on it and never using it. It would make the rapage I experienced by the shop even worse! lol I won't use the nitrous for now though, I wanna see what the car can do without juice. And when I do I will do as Albert said, use 109 octane. I'm gonna need to use your data logging equipment and experience this weekend sir.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Lets not get too crazy now! lol Remember it's a benz and I wanna keep most of the car in tact but I am willing to get rid of some stuff. If I ditched the nitrous I would hate myself for spending all the money on it and never using it. It would make the rapage I experienced by the shop even worse! lol I won't use the nitrous for now though, I wanna see what the car can do without juice. And when I do I will do as Albert said, use 109 octane. I'm gonna need to use your data logging equipment and experience this weekend sir.
i think we need to look into getting out own 55 gal drum again, or a few Maybe this new MS109 from VP. In november my car will look like a 13th st hooker it will be so bare Im down to datalog whenever bro you know this!!
Old 06-10-2008, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Originally Posted by rflow306
That's what the 315 Hoosiers are for

http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...ducts_id=11817

They work perfect on the street at the track they will spit the factory diff out the back if you try and launch to hard.
Yes I know...but still you cant take off as fast as moded TT...plus need to warm them up...

I was always upfront for 1st half of 1/4 with LPE Z06 616 HP and use to beat stock Z06 with my E55 in 1/4...on regular road...I do miss it...
Old 06-10-2008, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Just dropped off my car at C2Design for once over before the track next week. It's got about 1687 miles since I got it back from the cylinder repair and the valve replacements. I just want to make sure everything is secure and double checked before I head to the strip...

While it's there they are going to change the fogs to HID lights and paint the rims gunmetal/black (including the CCW Classic 16" for the drag).

I was speaking with Chris @ C2 and told him about the probable run with the 996TTEVO700 and he basically said the same thing that most of you guys said about it being a monster...but a troubled one. He's seen a couple in the his shop with tore up clutches because of all the power and the thrashing it takes to get a hard launch.

Basically, he said that the only way I could really hang would be driver error when shifting (vs my auto all the way down the track) and the mechanical problems (ex. clutch slippage and/or failure).

It'll still be fun... I'll just have to jump into a VRP SL65 this fall to give him some real competition.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
So I put this theory to test a couple weeks ago in Mexico. It is my friends GT700 and I dont think its running perfectly so he is probably going to get it retuned by 9ff. The Evo had a 35R and was on race gas. Me and the Porsche were on pump. The gixxer 1000 was just too fast for any of us, the rider is very good and light weight. All 3 cars had two people in them. Less talking more racing in mexico...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWXXhks0Sbs
Old 03-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
yea, whatever happened to the video? it's been 9 months...