Sponsored by:

Calling out a Sponsor 110 Motoring.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IS300
Wow, that is horrible. Good luck getting your money back.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe
For those who missed it.
https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-r230/249041-calling-out-board-sponsor.html

And some history:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=jon
Old 06-26-2008, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Doesn't 110 mean the amount of days it takes to get your product. What's the big deal?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
Can't wait to hear 110 motoring's side...
kinda similar situation with sevas guy... h.i.d.i.n.g
Old 06-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Doesn't 110 mean the amount of days it takes to get your product. What's the big deal?
maybe it means # of ppl they screwed over?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by sick430
Funny how they won’t even reply with a comment about what happened. Wow as I said before things like this really bring down the value of this board. They really do need to become stricter on who they let sponsor this site. I know its just business, but this is bad business... hope you get your money and they get what’s coming to them!
101 did comment on the other thread starting with the CF steering wheel. It only made things worse.

Unless we are willing to pay a fee to be on this forum, then those who run it will be very liberal in accepting sponsors. The only way we impact the people who run this board is by leaving it for another. When we do that, they will not get sponsors. "Calling out" a sponsor on issues like this is just arrogant.

If I were running this board, I would highly advise the sponsors to NEVER discuss customer complaints on this board other than to say that they are aware of the complaint and working with the person to resolve it. You will loose every time regardless of whether you actually screwed up or the customer is a pain in the rear and complaining about nothing.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:46 PM

2012 JDM
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
"Calling out" a sponsor on issues like this is just arrogant.

Actually, I think this forum needs more of it. We are a community that should be here to help one and other look out for things like this, not sit quietly and let others get f*cked in the a$$.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:39 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
101 did comment on the other thread starting with the CF steering wheel. It only made things worse.
Right, because he's a check-bouncing, fake tracking-number generating, money-stealing, lying, dirtbag, not because there was anything inherently unfair in people warning others of his shady dealings.

Unless we are willing to pay a fee to be on this forum, then those who run it will be very liberal in accepting sponsors.
A: I would happily pay a fee to be a member of this place

and

B: I disagree about sponsorships being some leprechaun at the end of a rainbow. Many sponsors will always want to advertise here as long as there is an active crowd of people who purchase products based on the recommendations around here. It's that simple.

But if enough incidents like 110 Motoring, Sevas Wheels, EuroElites, etc. keep happening around here, this place will get a reputation something like the shudder that would go through the mind of a guy shopping for a Rolex when someone says "I got a nice one for you from Taiwan".

When it gets to that point, nobody will buy anything from anyone around here, for fear of getting ripped off. So, the *legit* sponsors actually have an interest in the board's owners weeding out the bad apples, the same as the members do, because eventually this parade of poorly-capitalized and inept sponsors we've had through here lately is going to damage their own bottom line.

What's "arrogant" is advertising a product, taking someone's money, and then continuing to make bullshiznit excuses about why you haven't given the money back almost a YEAR after the fact.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
He's waited MONTHS. You get your money stolen and see how you react. The OP was very careful and waited and waited before posting.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I strongly disagree here Jon...... In this case, it seems like the customer has been very patient and tried several different ways to get a resolution with no aparent success. Then after almost 7 months of trying/waiting, he posted about his experience here to warn others not to fall for the same trap. I definitely don't consider this action arrogant, but rather necessary and very beneficial to us (the MB community) in order filter out the good sponsors from the bad/fake ones.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 06-26-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by CWW

But if enough incidents like 110 Motoring, Sevas Wheels, EuroElites, etc. keep happening around here, this place will get a reputation something like the shudder that would go through the mind of a guy shopping for a Rolex when someone says "I got a nice one for you from Taiwan".

What sucks is that I was a customer of 2 of these 3 sponsors. Had people come forth sooner, I most likely wouldn't have done business with either.

To be fair, I've had zero problems with my EuroElites ECU tune. **knocks on wood**
Old 06-26-2008, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone

Unless we are willing to pay a fee to be on this forum, then those who run it will be very liberal in accepting sponsors. The only way we impact the people who run this board is by leaving it for another. When we do that, they will not get sponsors. "Calling out" a sponsor on issues like this is just arrogant.

If I were running this board, I would highly advise the sponsors to NEVER discuss customer complaints on this board other than to say that they are aware of the complaint and working with the person to resolve it. You will loose every time regardless of whether you actually screwed up or the customer is a pain in the rear and complaining about nothing.

I really hope you're not in any form of business, because that is just **** poor thinking. I do, however, have a bridge I'd like to sell you.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:23 PM

2004 E55 AMG, 2002 Porsche 996 TT, 2004 BMW x5 4.8is, 2004 F360
I don't understand what the big deal is here. If 110 Motoring took the OP's money but didn't deliver the product in a reasonable amount of time, why not just simply refund the money?! It doesn't take rocket science to see the aftermath of bad PR. Just give him his money back.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:26 PM

W209
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
I really hope you're not in any form of business, because that is just **** poor thinking. I do, however, have a bridge I'd like to sell you.
+infinity I couldn't agree more.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by tthoang1
I don't understand what the big deal is here. If 110 Motoring took the OP's money but didn't deliver the product in a reasonable amount of time, why not just simply refund the money?! It doesn't take rocket science to see the aftermath of bad PR. Just give him his money back.
Maybe the money has been spent already and there aren't any funds for the refund? Pure speculation since there isn't a peep from 110, but I'm leaning towards this as the case.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Maybe the money has been spent already and there aren't any funds for the refund? Pure speculation since there isn't a peep from 110, but I'm leaning towards this as the case.
Your probably right, last week they had an exhaust system on e-bay for less than 1/2 price. no bidders? Hmmm? Go figure, maybe a little karma?
Old 06-26-2008, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
SLJOE is well within his rights to say 110 motoring sucks. He waited almost a year before even speaking up, and even then was reluctant. All I can say, you are better than me, dude. I would have been crazy nutjob rocky the squirrel after 1 month.

Anyone coming to the defense of 110 obviously needs to get their money stolen, or better yet send me 1K of your money and I just keep it. See how long you will still maintain that statement.

The comment about the sponsors, is right on. If enough have shoddy unprofessional practices, people will NOT use sponsors anymore. I would even go so far to say the usage of this site would go down as well.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:32 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
+1,000,000

I could not agree with you more.

It's utterly obnoxious to think that a business should be able to take someone's money, fail to deliver the product, and then expect that the customer shouldn't be able to say anything about it.

This guy was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more patient than any of my friends would have been. Me personally, I would have done a chargeback with my credit card after a week or two, and if that didn't work then I would have had him in small claims court by the end of the month.

This poor dude has waited almost 8 months at this point, and even then all he does is reluctantly post about it on a website, and then he gets called "arrogant" for finally saying something. Unbelievable.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CWW
+1,000,000

I could not agree with you more.

It's utterly obnoxious to think that a business should be able to take someone's money, fail to deliver the product, and then expect that the customer shouldn't be able to say anything about it.

This guy was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more patient than any of my friends would have been. Me personally, I would have done a chargeback with my credit card after a week or two, and if that didn't work then I would have had him in small claims court by the end of the month.

This poor dude has waited almost 8 months at this point, and even then all he does is reluctantly post about it on a website, and then he gets called "arrogant" for finally saying something. Unbelievable.
OK. So I did not make my statement clear.

We have every right to complain to high heaven about a vender, regardless of whether they are a sponsor or otherwise. I in no way meant to say that is arrogant. This forum is a great place to vent when bad stuff happens.

What I call arrogant is that some on the forum seem to demand that a vendor publicly argue his case on the forum. They get insensed when the vendor does not respond, in public, on this forum. No business should allow themselves to be called out like that. They should just acknowledge that there is a disagreement and it is being addressed. Making it public just ends up backing people into positions they find themselves unable to budge from and then negotiation to resolve the problem will tend to break down.

If the vendor solves the problem to that persons satisfaction, they will talk about that on this web site and the vendor will be redeemed. If the vendor does not, well it better not happen like that too often.

Please, anyone who has a bad vendor experience has my sympathies. Been there, done that.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Out Of Control!

I do, however, have a bridge I'd like to sell you.
I might be interested. Does it come with that hot model in your other thread? LOL
Old 06-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
The only way we impact the people who run this board is by leaving it for another. When we do that, they will not get sponsors. "Calling out" a sponsor on issues like this is just arrogant.
You are waaaay off. we impact them by not spending our money there even if they do pretend it never happened and give good prices. To call the OP arrogant for speaking the truth is off from your end and shows you are in sales. The issue here is not MBWorld, but the sponsors (very few). The masses figure them out and it is done. Presto!!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by CWW
But if enough incidents like 110 Motoring, Sevas Wheels, EuroElites, etc.

Add Creative to that list and all of a sudden you have the saga of a tuner in California for the past few years...was it the right choice? in hindsight, I'd say neither was ready to carry the banner.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
OK. So I did not make my statement clear.

We have every right to complain to high heaven about a vender, regardless of whether they are a sponsor or otherwise. I in no way meant to say that is arrogant. This forum is a great place to vent when bad stuff happens.

What I call arrogant is that some on the forum seem to demand that a vendor publicly argue his case on the forum. They get insensed when the vendor does not respond, in public, on this forum. No business should allow themselves to be called out like that. They should just acknowledge that there is a disagreement and it is being addressed. Making it public just ends up backing people into positions they find themselves unable to budge from and then negotiation to resolve the problem will tend to break down.

If the vendor solves the problem to that persons satisfaction, they will talk about that on this web site and the vendor will be redeemed. If the vendor does not, well it better not happen like that too often.

Please, anyone who has a bad vendor experience has my sympathies. Been there, done that.
Who is this guy? So you are saying that i am arrogant for the fact that i believe that a sponsor should comment/reply about an accusation made about his company and that not doing so shows a true lack of trustability! OK, that works for me, than i am arrogant!
Old 06-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by sick430
Who is this guy? So you are saying that i am arrogant for the fact that i believe that a sponsor should comment/reply about an accusation made about his company and that not doing so shows a true lack of trustability! OK, that works for me, than i am arrogant!
Don't shift the issue. Let him talk...
Old 06-27-2008, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jangy
You are waaaay off. we impact them by not spending our money there even if they do pretend it never happened and give good prices. To call the OP arrogant for speaking the truth is off from your end and shows you are in sales. The issue here is not MBWorld, but the sponsors (very few). The masses figure them out and it is done. Presto!!
You did not read my second post yet. Any complaints about a vendor are all fair game. I did not call the OP arrogant for speaking their side of the story.

But do people really expect a vendor to argue with a customer in public?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calling out a Sponsor 110 Motoring.