2005 E55 Black / Black Every available option except Sat radio
Might have to pick one of these.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by cam346
check out motor trend.com 12.3 at 117 the auto was faster than the stick
Let's see what they run at the strip. I suspect it will be slightly quicker than that.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
until they test on the same day, same track, same conditions, we won't know how much faster...

the 0-100 is very good

just wonder about the 0-150

trapping 117 is very good for a 65k car.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT-R
I would imagine the cts-v should run at least high 11's stock and will be undoubtedly a very fast car. However, (and I may be alone here), I would take my e55 over the cts-v any day of the week. With a pulley and tune, our cars are just as fast as the cts and have similar braking and handling capabilities.

Just my $.02.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by NXtremeJeep
I would imagine the cts-v should run at least high 11's stock and will be undoubtedly a very fast car. However, (and I may be alone here), I would take my e55 over the cts-v any day of the week. With a pulley and tune, our cars are just as fast as the cts and have similar braking and handling capabilities.

Just my $.02.
Of course the same can be said for the V, since it is a S/C'd engine as well.

I would argue though, that the V should handle MUCH better than my E55.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:41 PM

Nothing
Originally Posted by NXtremeJeep

Just my $.02.

Pulley and tune for the CTSV and your gonna have a contender. I think you will see them in the 10's with minimal mods.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bobgodd
Of course the same can be said for the V, since it is a S/C'd engine as well.

I would argue though, that the V should handle MUCH better than my E55.
I agree.

my c32 handles and brakes much better than my E

E is a nice handling car.. but you need upgrades to even stay close with the new CTS-V in terms of braking and handling.

The CTS-V only competition is the C63 at this point in terms of price and power.

But the interior of the C is not going to cut it.

I hate to admit, but thing handles, brakes, runs just as good as any other sedan in the world. Its a true sports sedan.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:55 PM

2010 ss and 2009 cts-v
Originally Posted by skooby
Might have to pick one of these.
small world i like amg cars,but there are some that ride better and brake and turn better. i never wish to have a amg car.i like the fact that other people own them. i am happy with my e320.but that caddy has my attention. and you can get a stick if you want to.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:17 PM

Interlagos Blue 06 M5
Impressive times for a $65k car. However, are those times from juiced up prototypes (just like the GTR over boosted proto bs) or are they production cars. IMO, people who can afford to drive AMG's and M's won't be flocking over to the CTS V's. Caddilac has a stigma that just won't go away for me.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:10 AM

'04 E55; '03 E500 Sport
Originally Posted by TopGun32
I agree.

E is a nice handling car.. but you need upgrades to even stay close with the new CTS-V in terms of braking and handling.

But the interior of the C is not going to cut it.

I hate to admit, but thing handles, brakes, runs just as good as any other sedan in the world. Its a true sports sedan.
Personally, I am glad to see a US manufacturer offer a world-class sports sedan in the same class as the E55/63 and M5. But after driving and comparing the CTS-V to MB and BMW, the small details (interior look, switch and control feel, customer support, etc.) still have a long way to go.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:42 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by mosesgolf
Impressive times for a $65k car. However, are those times from juiced up prototypes (just like the GTR over boosted proto bs) or are they production cars. IMO, people who can afford to drive AMG's and M's won't be flocking over to the CTS V's. Caddilac has a stigma that just won't go away for me.
I to have learned not to believe everything the mags tell you and the reported times done by company drivers and so forth.
Good example is the GTR so many different times recorded by that car that you do not know which is real and which isn't

Ferrari has also done this in the past and provided souped up test cars...
Old 09-01-2008, 04:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Zod
I to have learned not to believe everything the mags tell you and the reported times done by company drivers and so forth.
Good example is the GTR so many different times recorded by that car that you do not know which is real and which isn't

Ferrari has also done this in the past and provided souped up test cars...
+1 Magazine tests can be very unreliable. Some will favor the cars while some won't.

Honestly, I was expecting this car to do a little better than that. The car weights as much as an average E55, but has 50 to 60 more hp yet performs the same (if not slower) in the 1/4 mile
Old 09-01-2008, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
+1 Magazine tests can be very unreliable. Some will favor the cars while some won't.

Honestly, I was expecting this car to do a little better than that. The car weights as much as an average E55, but has 50 to 60 more hp yet performs the same (if not slower) in the 1/4 mile
I wouldn't believe those numbers for a second....

Mag tests are unreliable indeed, it would seem that they get worse times out of manual cars, because their drivers are awful. GM High-Tech Performance Magazine is one of the few that I've seen that has really been able to match the manufacturers claims. I believe GM stated low 12's for the C5Z and GMHTP along with many drivers nationwide were able to get high 11's out of the car in complete factory trim, tires and all. In my short history of following high performance cars, GM has never, not delivered, on their claims. Most of the time it has been quite the opposite actually.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

another mag tested at 116...

solid numbers so far.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ty+page-2.html
Old 09-03-2008, 04:45 PM

Interlagos Blue 06 M5
Per Car and Driver:

"Should you have left something a quarter-mile behind, the Cadillac will take you back in 12.6 seconds, although you’ll be going 116 mph, which could complicate collecting whatever it was that you left. An M5 will get through a quarter-mile in 12.5 seconds at 118 mph; an E63 and an M3 sedan take 12.6 seconds, with the Benz posting a trap speed of 115 mph and the M3, 113 mph."

50-60 more horses and can't beat the German cars with older technology. That doesn't say much GM.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lotus Elise SLK55
Per Car and Driver:

"Should you have left something a quarter-mile behind, the Cadillac will take you back in 12.6 seconds, although you’ll be going 116 mph, which could complicate collecting whatever it was that you left. An M5 will get through a quarter-mile in 12.5 seconds at 118 mph; an E63 and an M3 sedan take 12.6 seconds, with the Benz posting a trap speed of 115 mph and the M3, 113 mph."

50-60 more horses and can't beat the German cars with older technology. That doesn't say much GM.
Exactly. Nothing impressive at all and GM still hasn't learned to make a decent interior that justified the price tag
Old 09-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 M3
I hate to say it but you guys sound like the BMW fan boys talking about AMG cars...

It always puzzles me why some guys who claim to love cars seem to hate on ANY car other than the one they own

The interior is far far better than the last CTS-V and better than the new C63... a similarly priced AMG car that is SLOWER than the easily modded caddie (E55 guys can attest to the results they get from pulley and tune).

And ANY car that runs Nurburgring in under 8 seconds deserves mad props, regardless of origin.

Check out the run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky8Zi...eature=related

So a car that keeps up with the E55/E63 in a straight line but absolutely smokes it around the track is somehow a piece of junk??? Someone explain...
Old 09-03-2008, 07:41 PM

Interlagos Blue 06 M5
Originally Posted by scm319
I hate to say it but you guys sound like the BMW fan boys talking about AMG cars...

It always puzzles me why some guys who claim to love cars seem to hate on ANY car other than the one they own

The interior is far far better than the last CTS-V and better than the new C63... a similarly priced AMG car that is SLOWER than the easily modded caddie (E55 guys can attest to the results they get from pulley and tune).

And ANY car that runs Nurburgring in under 8 seconds deserves mad props, regardless of origin. Mad Props. Sure. I give them to the AMG's and I am an M driver.

Check out the run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky8Zi...eature=related

So a car that keeps up with the E55/E63 in a straight line but absolutely smokes it around the track is somehow a piece of junk??? Someone explain...
Explain? Sure. It's a Caddilack.
A Honda will always be a Honda no matter what you do to it. Nice car. Reliable car. I like Hondas and plan on getting one for my daughter. A Caddilack will always be a Caddilack.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:01 PM

08 CLS63
Per Car and Driver:

M3's are now as quick as M5's?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:26 PM

07 BMW X5
I had the chance to drive a standard 2008 CTS for about a week (Enterprise rental) back in early spring while my ride was in the shop. Not bad I must admit, but small interior and ride was a bit stiff. Interior features were nice just not a big fan of the pop up NAV. I think it's a huge improvment for GM and I am starting to see a lot of them on the road now.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
There's a lot of hatin' going on in this thread!!

Bite your tongues and wait til the car gets in the hands of real drivers, then the numbers really will speak for themselves.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 M3
Explain? Sure. It's a Caddilack.
A Honda will always be a Honda no matter what you do to it. Nice car. Reliable car. I like Hondas and plan on getting one for my daughter. A Caddilack will always be a Caddilack.
You make my point exactly... It'd be like an Audi guy saying something like "Mercedes will always be Mercedes, cars built like bank vaults, luxurious, a few are great in a straight line... but too soft for the true auto enthusiast."

Open your eyes to the world around you and recognize that AMG's are not the only great cars out there.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:05 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by scm319
You make my point exactly... It'd be like an Audi guy saying something like "Mercedes will always be Mercedes, cars built like bank vaults, luxurious, a few are great in a straight line... but too soft for the true auto enthusiast."

Open your eyes to the world around you and recognize that AMG's are not the only great cars out there.
most of the comments have not really dissed the brand, but i for one was arguing what the mags get is not always what you should be believing, and what the manufacturer gets in a ring in a claimed stock car by them, is not always true, this is irrespective of brand
Even interiors get spiced up for the show cars, with lots of optional equipment you will not see in standard trim, and will jack up the price if you want something decent

now wither the results will be better or worse is yet to be known...
you to are jumping on the wagon a bit early
Old 09-04-2008, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Zod
most of the comments have not really dissed the brand, but i for one was arguing what the mags get is not always what you should be believing, and what the manufacturer gets in a ring in a claimed stock car by them, is not always true, this is irrespective of brand
Even interiors get spiced up for the show cars, with lots of optional equipment you will not see in standard trim, and will jack up the price if you want something decent

now wither the results will be better or worse is yet to be known...
you to are jumping on the wagon a bit early
Actually, you are wrong. What you stated absolutely does depend on what brand you are talking about. In recent history GM has understated the potential of their new cars; look no further than the last two generations of Z06 for your proof. If GM claims 12.0 @ 118 for the CTS-V, then I fully expect it to run at least that well, most likely quite a bit faster.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: cts-v 1/4 times