Andy
Yeah, if I say it is trhen it is it?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:38 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
LOL!!!! Keep digging into that Ford past. I didn't say MB left nothing. I simply think your assumptions from a ford are clouding your judgement. This is not the first discussion on heads or the advantages of porting. The E55 guys went through all the SLR cams, VRP cams, etc. only to find that there is only so much there. Even if you could make the power you claim (which i still doubt), what about heat control?
I'm not assuming anything about anything. We are already porting the second set of 6.2 heads (first to be released) and are awaiting the billet cams. My past experiences don't cloud my head, they give me a basis of knowledge that can be applied to most any situation. What you don't seem to understand is that engines are engines, simply large air pumps. I don't care who makes them, if they're hand assembled or not, they all serve the same function.
Again, like I've said multiple times in this thread alone, you're looking in the wrong places for power with H/C on a PD blown motor, even the exhaust isn't as critical as other components I haven't seen addressed yet. Yes, with more power (especially in a FI app) comes more heat, which needs to be addressed. I'm sure everyone and their mom makes upgraded cooling systems, heat exchangers, etc. for your cars?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Yeah, if I say it is trhen it is it?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:40 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Not an insult. I'm not much for glancing blows. If I were insulting you, you'd be sure of it.
Really? Because I think I just scraped you off the bottom of my shoe. When do the real insults begin?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Not an insult. I'm not much for glancing blows. If I were insulting you, you'd be sure of it.

You are the one that started boasting on your 63 so I wondered where the power came from. I've never seen a 500rwhp 63, so that already peaked my interest, then you said 575 which is very impressive so I want to know how.

Yes, I did jab at you for buying anything from a tool, even if it were the cure to cancer.
What friggin log have you been living under for the past 7 months? All the dyno sheets where posted on my car back in February of this year. I recently went 11.4 @123 on motor only. 575 is very realistic, people used to think I would come on here and just flap my jaws, but I have backed up everything I have ever said. All you 55 guys thought a 63 could never come close to the performance of a 55, what do you have to say now? Don't belive me? Ask around, I have published numerous dyno sheets, time slips, pics and video proof as well as have had numerous eyewitnesses from this board an different events and track days I have attended.

...so what are the numbers on your 55? WHP and 1/4 et?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
I'm not assuming anything about anything. We are already porting the second set of 6.2 heads (first to be released) and are awaiting the billet cams. My past experiences don't cloud my head, they give me a basis of knowledge that can be applied to most any situation. What you don't seem to understand is that engines are engines, simply large air pumps. I don't care who makes them, if they're hand assembled or not, they all serve the same function.
Again, like I've said multiple times in this thread alone, you're looking in the wrong places for power with H/C on a PD blown motor, even the exhaust isn't as critical as other components I haven't seen addressed yet. Yes, with more power (especially in a FI app) comes more heat, which needs to be addressed. I'm sure everyone and their mom makes upgraded cooling systems, heat exchangers, etc. for your cars?
Actually, there are no effective cooling mods yet for the 63s. Yes, the E55s have lots of cooling options, but they also don't have the heat soak issue the 63s have. It is a HUGE issue and must be addressed if you want the car to drop power, especially at the top end.

Here is where you and I are disjoined. I'm not implying that an AMG is "special" because it was hand made. I am saying that the electronic coding, tighter tolerances, etc. make it harder to apply your theory without sufficient R&D. That's it. I'm not doubting your knowledge on engine theory. But, applying that to each application takes time. Taking a blown head and polishing it does not prove a thing. have you done it, put it on a car and shown the gains? If so, please post the data. If not, then please stop making claims based on "potential".
Old 09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Really? Because I think I just scraped you off the bottom of my shoe. When do the real insults begin?
Oh you are such a tough guy.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by jrcart
What friggin log have you been living under for the past 7 months? All the dyno sheets where posted on my car back in February of this year. I recently went 11.4 @123 on motor only. 575 is very realistic, people used to think I would come on here and just flap my jaws, but I have backed up everything I have ever said. All you 55 guys thought a 63 could never come close to the performance of a 55, what do you have to say now? Don't belive me? Ask around, I have published numerous dyno sheets, time slips, pics and video proof as well as have had numerous eyewitnesses from this board an different events and track days I have attended.

I've been around, I just don't remember any of the details on what was done. I know about the slips, etc. And that you have been active. I'm not calling BS on you, I just wondered where the power came from. I also didn't say that 575 is not attainable, I just don't think anyone has the mods to get there now (without NOS).
Mine will be dyno'd next week, but it is just a stage 5 E55 now. What does my car have to do with 63 mods?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jangy, nevermind, I just checked the record books, i don't see you on either fasted MB list and I am on there, therfore that means end of discussion and my attempts and knowledge of modding cars is far superior to yours. You are rolling around in car with a proven and capable powerplant and you can't even match the perfomance of my barley a year old technology. Just wait until a few more tuners start fiddling with the 63's, they will even me faster.

you can't even make your car go 11.50's...LOL!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Jangy, nevermind, I just checked the record books, i don't see you on either fasted MB list and I am on there, therfore that means end of discussion and my attempts and knowledge of modding cars is far superior to yours. You are rolling around in car with a proven and capable powerplant and you can't even match the perfomance of my barley a year old technology. Just wait until a few more tuners start fiddling with the 63's, they will even me faster.

you can't even make your car go 11.50's...LOL!
Glad you checked. Is it really a barley 1 year old technology? Is it? Love yourself, bro. Love it hard. You took a black series and turned it into a drag racer, WOW!! That is impressive.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've been around, I just don't remember any of the details on what was done. I know about the slips, etc. And that you have been active. I'm not calling BS on you, I just wondered where the power came from. I also didn't say that 575 is not attainable, I just don't think anyone has the mods to get there now (without NOS).
Mine will be dyno'd next week, but it is just a stage 5 E55 now. What does my car have to do with 63 mods?
What does you car have to do with 63 mods? EVERYTHING, you walk around here like the 55's are the best powerplants ever created. My 63 with fairly mnimal mods is making 511.

Mod list.....again

ECU tune
Longtube Headers
Cat delete
X-Pipe
VRP CF Large Capacity Airbox
Dymag Wheels

That's it, those are the only performance mods on my car. I'm still running the stock AMG mufflers for crying out loud. I have not even begun to tap all the potential this motor has.

Come see me in November once the heads and cams are installed. If my car does not make 575 at the wheels you can print off this thread and I will eat it!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:54 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Actually, there are no effective cooling mods yet for the 63s. Yes, the E55s have lots of cooling options, but they also don't have the heat soak issue the 63s have. It is a HUGE issue and must be addressed if you want the car to drop power, especially at the top end.
Wow the hits just keep on coming. We weren't talking about 6.2s we were talking about FI motors (aka your 5.4). However since you bring it up, you believe the drop off in top end power is due to heat soak on a 6.2? ROFLMAO. Obviously you've never seen a stock 6.2 tune. It's called timing, I'll leave it at that.

Here is where you and I are disjoined. I'm not implying that an AMG is "special" because it was hand made. I am saying that the electronic coding, tighter tolerances, etc. make it harder to apply your theory without sufficient R&D. That's it. I'm not doubting your knowledge on engine theory. But, applying that to each application takes time. Taking a blown head and polishing it does not prove a thing. have you done it, put it on a car and shown the gains? If so, please post the data. If not, then please stop making claims based on "potential".
No, we're "disjoined" for a number of reasons of far greater importance than this. I've btdt, you run your mouth on the net.
I cannot count the number of ported heads we've done for blower, turbo, N/A and nitrous apps. I can tell you from my own personal experience and those of the world class builders I associate myself with that gong H/C with a PD blower is a waste of time. I've already stated what the greatest limiting factor in a FI motor is in this thread and it's not H/C.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Trying to keep up with the jones' are we? LOL!

I can't wait to meet you in person, I think we are gonna get along great!
Haha, just weighing my options. Most likely between now and MIR the only changes I will make are wheels/tires and a tune and maybe axles. Oh yea, and the ice reservoir should go in this weekend if everything goes as planned. I'll admit that I dont have the funds to do everything I want and go toe to toe with you but I will give it a shot. You should build a 55, it will be faster than your 63

Yea, MIR should be awesome! We should get along great, we are both crazy modaholics.

Back to your regularly scheduled bickering
Old 09-05-2008, 01:56 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Glad you checked. Is it really a barley 1 year old technology? Is it? Love yourself, bro. Love it hard. You took a black series and turned it into a drag racer, WOW!! That is impressive.
He actually tracks the car too, nothing wrong with a well rounded racer enjoying more than one genre of motorsports in a vehicle designed to do so. I give guys like Jim nothing but props all day long for not only driving but using their cars for the purpose they were intended for.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Get a clue...the car gets drag raced in full road race trim and suspension set-up. I have not even made adjustments to a "drag racing set-up" yet. I built the car for road racing, so don't even go down that road with me because I will flame you worse than you could ever imagine.

I road race the car more than I drag race it, so I am well aware of it's road race capabilities.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:57 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Haha, just weighing my options. Most likely between now and MIR the only changes I will make are wheels/tires and a tune and maybe axles. Oh yea, and the ice reservoir should go in this weekend if everything goes as planned. I'll admit that I dont have the funds to do everything I want and go toe to toe with you but I will give it a shot. You should build a 55, it will be faster than your 63

Yea, MIR should be awesome! We should get along great, we are both crazy modaholics.

Back to your regularly scheduled bickering
Didn't notice you were in MD, I look forward to meeting and speaking with you as well.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-05-2008, 01:59 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Oh you are such a tough guy.
Never claimed to be and if you review our posts you definitely come out on top of the ethug contest.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jangy; I have heard stories about you through the grapevine, I'm glad I have fianlly gotten this chance to go toe-to-toe with you. You and I could possibly be the two biggest *****s on this board, I think we need to figure out who is the bigger A-hole *****!

I can tell you that right now your responses are not too impressive. You're using noob like comeback lines...you can do better than that can't you Jangy? Come on dig deep into that little brain of yours and try to come up with some good stuff.

Last edited by jrcart; 09-05-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MHP
Didn't notice you were in MD, I look forward to meeting and speaking with you as well.

Thanks
Andy
BLACKBENZZ is fast, he hold the CLK e/t record (not for long ). I also believe he is one of the sponsors who is putting together the entire MIR event in November. He and I now have our own personal friendly grudge match for CLK braging rights...I should re-phrase that, he owns the record so it is I that "holds the grudge". I'm confident I'm gonna get that record before MIR I think our time only a few 1000ths apart if I'm not mistaken, but a few 1000ths might as well be a full second becasue I have not been able to de-thron him in my last two trips to the strip.

Last edited by jrcart; 09-05-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by MHP

Thanks
Andy
You have a pm. Are you located close to MD? Look forward to meeting you and seeing what your products can do too.

Ahmad
Old 09-05-2008, 02:20 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
BLACKBENZZ is fast, he hold the CLK e/t record (not for long ). I also believe he is one of the sponsors who is putting together the entire MIR event in November. He and I now have our own personal friendly grudge match for CLK braging rights...I should re-phrase that, he owns the record so it is I that "holds the grudge". I'm confident I'm gonna get that record before MIR I think our time only a few 1000ths apart if I'm not mistaken, but a few 1000ths might as well be a full second becasue I have not been able to de-thron him in my last two trips to the strip.
Awesome. That's what it's all about, good people and good competition. Can't wait for the 15th!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:22 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
You have a pm. Are you located close to MD? Look forward to meeting you and seeing what your products can do too.

Ahmad
Ahmad,
I'm in Columbus OH but have satellite/install shops in MI and Edgewood MD. I'm running out to a meeting right now but will address your PM as soon as I get back.

Thanks!
Andy

ps--also thanks for putting together the track rental. I've done a few of them over the years and I know how much of a PITA they can be.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...59#post3035259

Just updated.

I really appreciate everyone's support. Thank you gentlemen!

I think we just need to cool for it now and let the products speak for themselves.

Andy, I always appreciate a fellow gearhead. If you can back up your claims and if you are interested, I would gladly help you with distribution and installation on the West Coast.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Thanks Jim Really look forward to seeing your car run at MIR. I'm still impressed at how much power you were able to extract so far out of an NA motor! By the time Nov. rolls around your car will be a rocketship haha
Originally Posted by MHP
Ahmad,
I'm in Columbus OH but have satellite/install shops in MI and Edgewood MD. I'm running out to a meeting right now but will address your PM as soon as I get back.

Thanks!
Andy

ps--also thanks for putting together the track rental. I've done a few of them over the years and I know how much of a PITA they can be.
Ok sounds good. I dont know where Edgewood is but I'll find out. Can your guys out in Edgewood do custom tuning or is that done in Ohio?

No problem. I've done many rentals in the past and have come out of pocket a few hundred bucks several times. It's all about going out and having fun with fellow gearheads. There will be a nice collection of cars there and hopefully everyone will have fun! Keep your fingers crossed for good DA!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk55 AMG
WoW this guy is crazy ^

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators