MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by jangy
Is there any other way to race? Your car is gorgeous from all sides, but unlike a porcupine it isn't the outside I distaste.
JANGY

FOR CHRISTS SAKES, WHAT F_CKING TIMES DOES YOUR POS RUN?

How long are you going to avoid this question? YOU OWN A SLOW AZZ POS!
Old 09-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Jangy, if that bet for MIR ever came to fruition you would have LOST a bunch of money. You aren't touching a stock C6 Z06 nor will you be even close to Jims car. Let me know when you break into the 11's...
I don't want to get into what would have happened. The point is it didn't and I had NOTHING to do with that. My intention was to use the money to prep the car. Instead, I paid. Since all that time, I have grown a new respect for the Z06, eventhough I beat another one at the track that day that happened to be in the STOCK trim. Sure, the dude sucked and I'll even accept that. Anyway, not looking to get into a pissing match with you now. You know that I do not care about 1/4 mile times, so I doubt I would ever let you know that I finally got an 11 ONCE. I respect what you are doing to your car and it is helping me with my tranny mods. Let's leave it at that.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by jrcart
Jangy, one more thing, quit calling me a drag racer, I'm not a drag racer, my car was built for road racing, with the exception of the MT tires, all my passes at the drag strip were made in full road race trim and settings.

Jangy, are you an expert on road racing as well?

JANGY, you still have not told me how fast you car goes in the 1/4

Jim, it doesn't matter what trim the car is in. You are a drag racer. A one time slip does you justice. that makes you a drag racer. Is that bad?
Old 09-06-2008, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I don't want to get into what would have happened. The point is it didn't and I had NOTHING to do with that. My intention was to use the money to prep the car. Instead, I paid. Since all that time, I have grown a new respect for the Z06, eventhough I beat another one at the track that day that happened to be in the STOCK trim. Sure, the dude sucked and I'll even accept that. Anyway, not looking to get into a pissing match with you now. You know that I do not care about 1/4 mile times, so I doubt I would ever let you know that I finally got an 11 ONCE. I respect what you are doing to your car and it is helping me with my tranny mods. Let's leave it at that.
You have only gotten into the 11's once? Yet you have the ***** to sit here and insult me and my car? you have a 12 second POS and you are trying to bust my *****!!
Old 09-06-2008, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by MHP
Ckim,
I will be more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have about our TCU and/or ECU reflashes.
The rev matching is something that we have slated to look into next week. We should have done it sooner (I take the blame for that) but since my C63 already has it I didn't think twice about it. If the programming is in the TCU (just not "activated") we can make it happen.
In the next 1.5 weeks I will post dyno/track results from my C63 with both our ECU/TCU tuning (package tuning is the way to go as we can make sure both units work in perfect harmony and achieve optimal gains), Jim, Marko, and Rick will just be testing the TCUs to start (dyno/track/subjective commentary) so there will be plenty of unbiased info to go around from several different makes from some of the most respected individuals on this site.
I'm also going to post a video on YouTube showing the shifting prowess and gain in power from our ECU/TCU tuning.
Please stay tuned for results, they are coming and I promise you will NOT be disappointed.
If you or anyone else has any specific questions about our tuning please do not hesistate to call me at 614 940 9523 (cell) anytime. There is no such thing as a dumb question and I look forward to speaking with many of you in the future.

Thanks
Andy
Thanks. I will wait your results.
Just quick question, with these mods(ECU/TCU), E63 will be as fast as M5?
I know M5 runs faster on top end or rolling start.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
For your information that vid was taken on the way to the LET event last Saturday, I lined up side by side with lots of cars that day, I was well over a second faster than that E 55, again, go research this claim I am making and let me know what you come up with. I was the only car in the 11's that day, hell I think I was close to a second faster than every car out there. So how's that for "side by side racing"?

Go check wiht Chicago X, he has everyones times and video proff of most of the passes.
Enjoy the NOS? Don't make me.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
JANGY

FOR CHRISTS SAKES, WHAT F_CKING TIMES DOES YOUR POS RUN?

How long are you going to avoid this question? YOU OWN A SLOW AZZ POS!
I dunno. I don't drag race and I don't set the car up for it. Yes, very slow. Wanna race?
Old 09-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Fair enough. FYI- my car sees the road course as well as the drag strip. Not to mention I drive it at least a few times a week (besides the winter) and take it to car shows. What trans mods are you looking at? Maybe i can help.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
You have only gotten into the 11's once? Yet you have the ***** to sit here and insult me and my car? you have a 12 second POS and you are trying to bust my *****!!
No, it gets better. I have NEVER been in any 11s. Back to the EGO again. Jim, if you only conversate with people who are richer or have faster cars than you, who do you hang out with? Yoursel!! It was a trick question!! LOL

You never told me if you had been to the gym yet today to burn the burn?
Old 09-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Fair enough. FYI- my car sees the road course as well as the drag strip. Not to mention I drive it at least a few times a week (besides the winter) and take it to car shows. What trans mods are you looking at? Maybe i can help.
Bro, you don't have to defend anything. Be honest, neither would Jim except for the mouth that I guess he has been dying to let loose. You both love the game and I respect that part. It doesn't matter if I care what an et is. The point is you guys do and it is a challenge as is any goal in any sport.

Well, I will be doing TCU soon. I want to start messing with finding a good replacement to the TQ converter and the tuning internals.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:43 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Ckim1021
Thanks. I will wait your results.
Just quick question, with these mods(ECU/TCU), E63 will be as fast as M5?
I know M5 runs faster on top end or rolling start.
I'm going to say YES. Here's why:
For the past three weeks I've been busy swapping TCUs/ECUs in and out of my own C63 in an effort to nail down the best possible tunes we can offer. My final dyno numbers and track results (others as well) will be the actual proof. I'm shooting to run at Norwalk on Friday (weather and work depending) but track results will come no later than the following Wednesday--dyno results will come in first.
Honestly I expect a E63 with our ECU/TCU tuning to be able to run 11s at a decently prepped strip without problem. With traction (DRs) it's going to be interesting just how far into the 11s we can run with NO other mods.

All ribbing and nonsense aside. The time for talking is over, the time to deliver and produce is now upon us. I look forward to helping as many AMG/MB ehthusiasts as possible unleash the beast that's caged inside.

Thanks!
Andy
Old 09-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Bro, you don't have to defend anything. Be honest, neither would Jim except for the mouth that I guess he has been dying to let loose. You both love the game and I respect that part. It doesn't matter if I care what an et is. The point is you guys do and it is a challenge as is any goal in any sport.

Well, I will be doing TCU soon. I want to start messing with finding a good replacement to the TQ converter and the tuning internals.
Yes I love competition. Whether it be drag racing, road course, basketball, video games, pickin up chics, whatever! Here is my car coming down the front straight at Summit Point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tieZ-raTN0

I have a torque converter and trans cooler on my car now, are you looking for a higher stall?
Old 09-06-2008, 06:51 PM

2007 E63
Hi Jrcart.
Do you have any videos on youtube?
I would love to see your car running.
I have seen evosport videos but I was wondering if there are more
Thanks

I love your car. It is a great looking car
Old 09-06-2008, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by MHP
Ckim,
I will be more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have about our TCU and/or ECU reflashes.
The rev matching is something that we have slated to look into next week. We should have done it sooner (I take the blame for that) but since my C63 already has it I didn't think twice about it. If the programming is in the TCU (just not "activated") we can make it happen.
In the next 1.5 weeks I will post dyno/track results from my C63 with both our ECU/TCU tuning (package tuning is the way to go as we can make sure both units work in perfect harmony and achieve optimal gains), Jim, Marko, and Rick will just be testing the TCUs to start (dyno/track/subjective commentary) so there will be plenty of unbiased info to go around from several different makes from some of the most respected individuals on this site.
I'm also going to post a video on YouTube showing the shifting prowess and gain in power from our ECU/TCU tuning.
Please stay tuned for results, they are coming and I promise you will NOT be disappointed.
If you or anyone else has any specific questions about our tuning please do not hesistate to call me at 614 940 9523 (cell) anytime. There is no such thing as a dumb question and I look forward to speaking with many of you in the future.

Thanks
Andy
Andy, most of the "tester" cars you mentioned are modified 63s, so gains may differ depending on mods. Is there anyway you can test gains on a stock car?

And what's the approximate release date?
Old 09-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Yes I love competition. Whether it be drag racing, road course, basketball, video games, pickin up chics, whatever! Here is my car coming down the front straight at Summit Point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tieZ-raTN0

I have a torque converter and trans cooler on my car now, are you looking for a higher stall?
I was hoping to convert to triple discs instead of what it is. Yes, higher stall (from your posts) and overall drivetrain support. I am hoping to open the breathing and increase traction, so I need to have the tranny bring it all together.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I was hoping to convert to triple discs instead of what it is. Yes, higher stall (from your posts) and overall drivetrain support. I am hoping to open the breathing and increase traction, so I need to have the tranny bring it all together.
Well I dont know what you mean by triple disc, I thought that was in reference to manual cars with a clutch. I can tell you form experience, the higher stall will not help you with traction. I cannot get any traction off the line now with the same tires I used to cut 1.668 60's before. SOuthern Hot Rod seems to know what they are doing. If/when I build my trans it will be going to Edwin at Southern Hot Rod
Old 09-06-2008, 07:02 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Andy, most of the "tester" cars you mentioned are modified 63s, so gains may differ depending on mods. Is there anyway you can test gains on a stock car?

And what's the approximate release date?
Rick's CLS63 will be getting the TCU tuned for it's present condition, and will be using our stage II TCU after he cranks it up.

My car is 100% bone stock less filters, though it is a C63 not E63 as you pointed out. The dyno results will be the same but track times may differ due to the platforms being different.

If anyone has a bone stock E63 I'd be willing to sell one more TCU/ECU reflash at a reduced rate. Please PM or call if interested. Said "tester" and I use that term loosely because we would in no way experiment on someone else's car (just mine) needs to have access to a dynojet and a track (preferably 1/4 mile).

If you can meet those two conditions please get a hold of me asap.

Thanks!
Andy

edit: As for a release date, we are ready to take orders and begin flashing right now. I just wanted to get some results out there first to make our customers more comfortable, but if you want it now, they're ready now. It typically takes me 2-3 days to order in and receive a spare TCU to flash but that seems to be the biggest hold up at this point.

Last edited by MHP; 09-06-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:05 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Well I dont know what you mean by triple disc, I thought that was in reference to manual cars with a clutch. I can tell you form experience, the higher stall will not help you with traction. I cannot get any traction off the line now with the same tires I used to cut 1.668 60's before. SOuthern Hot Rod seems to know what they are doing. If/when I build my trans it will be going to Edwin at Southern Hot Rod
Eddie and Bill at Paramount/SHR are doing great things with our trannys. I would highly recommend them and their products. You're in good hands.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Jangy, if that bet for MIR ever came to fruition you would have LOST a bunch of money. You aren't touching a stock C6 Z06 nor will you be even close to Jims car. Let me know when you break into the 11's...

I'm not in this pissing contest but I did see JANGY Smoke a C6 Z06, it was a yellow one, as a matter of fact a few of us saw it at Fontana Speedway
I was going to go to the movies tonight but this thread will be off the hook by tonight sono need to go out.
Oh and by the way I'm commin for you Jang, Give me 3 or 4 more weeks
Old 09-06-2008, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Lockup TC with more clutches is what he is probably referiing to.

I bet the car is faster from a roll.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I assume that some things will start to give after the TCU and power mods so i want to look into it. The discs are not for a manual. they are being developed (double and triple) for the 55k. I also think one of the major tuners is working on a similar setup for the 7g.
Anyhow, I don't want traction yet. i want a crisper shift and for it to be strong. That's about it for now.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
I'm not in this pissing contest but I did see JANGY Smoke a C6 Z06, it was a yellow one, as a matter of fact a few of us saw it at Fontana Speedway
I was going to go to the movies tonight but this thread will be off the hook by tonight sono need to go out.
Oh and by the way I'm commin for you Jang, Give me 3 or 4 more weeks
I know you are, and I'm scared!! The 63s will be monsters soon. I can't wait to see it tuned. I'm looking into new toys for mine now....

Let it go, bro. i got nothing to prove. Its all about the ****.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by rflow306

Haha!! Exactly!! That is what I want. Please o please o please!! blackbenz, help lead me to who does this.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by MHP
Rick's CLS63 will be getting the TCU tuned for it's present condition, and will be using our stage II TCU after he cranks it up.

My car is 100% bone stock less filters, though it is a C63 not E63 as you pointed out. The dyno results will be the same but track times may differ due to the platforms being different.

If anyone has a bone stock E63 I'd be willing to sell one more TCU/ECU reflash at a reduced rate. Please PM or call if interested. Said "tester" and I use that term loosely because we would in no way experiment on someone else's car (just mine) needs to have access to a dynojet and a track (preferably 1/4 mile).

If you can meet those two conditions please get a hold of me asap.

Thanks!
Andy

edit: As for a release date, we are ready to take orders and begin flashing right now. I just wanted to get some results out there first to make our customers more comfortable, but if you want it now, they're ready now. It typically takes me 2-3 days to order in and receive a spare TCU to flash but that seems to be the biggest hold up at this point.
I would do it in a heart beat, as my car is 100% stock except for tires (I have the Michelin PS2). However, I have no access to dynojet anywhere close by and 1/4 mile track is closed for a couple of months But no worries, as long as there is a stock 63 involved in testing, I'm comfortable. I don't really care if it's an E63 or S63 or C63. I appreciate your offer though In the mean time, I'll be un-patiently waiting for videos

Last edited by MB_Forever; 09-06-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by rflow306

Ok, I've never heard of it.

Sure feels like it! First time I drove it around the neighborhood I took a friend for a spin and shocked my self when I hammered it in D at 50mph and just spun the tires! Hopefully when I get my custom tune in a few weeks it will unleash some more power!

Jangy- Sorry but I have never heard of that before. Try talking to Southern Hot Rod, maybe they can help you. I didn't even know there were clutches in the tc If you are referring to more clutches in the trans, Southern is your ticket

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators