MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
Originally Posted by MHP
We reflash it in house....The price is representative of the number of hours it takes (and TCU reflashes are very time/labor intensive). A typical stage I TCU will take around 15-17.5hrs, with a custom stage II checking in at or over 35hrs.

Thanks
Andy
Are you serious?

How long can it take to desolder/solder a chip?
Old 09-04-2008, 07:40 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by MHP
Like I said before, not worried at all about the doubters. The proof is in the pudding which is otw. BTW, when you reference "we" who exactly are you talking about? You and?
Me for one, obviously. I certainly hope you have your ducks in line and follow through with some serious results after all the chest beating you have been doing here.

Originally Posted by MHP
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Enjoy your slow ride. If you're going to MIR on 11/15 maybe we can line up next to each other and let the products themselves do the "talking".
Funny how this "I don't need your business" attitude is your standard response when someone calls you on the carpet...

Originally Posted by MHP
For the life of me I simply cannot see how you can blame me for the thread derailing. Why VRP even posted in this thread (as I never cited them or their products) is a mystery to me and seemed to be the instigating factor.
If you would take the time to read the thread you would probably also notice that the pissing match is over and there's simply no need to attempt to relight the fire. You want results, they're coming, end of story.
Good, I certainly hope so for your sake or you will be the new MBWorld punching bag aka MARTY. You are making some big claims and assertations about your ability to tune AMG's. But, after looking over your site (http://www.modernhorsepower.com) all I see is a bunch of American junk and the usual aftermarket bolt on crap everyone else sells....You don't even make your own turbo kits, but resell Turbonetics kits...as well as reselling AEM intakes for Mustangs, diff coolers, brake upgrades, LOUD MOUTH exhausts (named after you I assume?), Arrington motors that someone else builds, Borla crap, etc....All off the shelf items that you have nothing to do with except marking up and bolting on for the following list of vehicles taken off your site:

Corvette
Jeep SRT8
Cadillac
Cobra / Shelby GT500 / Mustang
Trailblazer SS
Tubing / Clamps / Flanges
Mercury Marauder
Charger / 300c/ Magnum /RT
Plymouth Prowler
Street Rod
Acura
Camaro / Firebird
Dodge Caliber SRT4
Cobalt SS
Chevelle
Hummer H2 / H3
Challenger SRT 8
Pontiac GTO

And after looking at the single AMG vehicle on your site, the C63, this is your list of "mods" for AMG's:

*Available Now -Custom ECU tuning for the C63 AMG- click here for order information
* C63 AMG Parts Coming Soon:
Longtube Headers / Performance Exhaust
Cold Air Intakes/Filters
Thermostats
Thermal Barrier Intake Gaskets
Ported Intake Manifolds
Ported Cylinder Heads
Custom spec'd Cams

Lets see here....AMG 63 tuning, done already by numerous other tuners; longtube headers/performance exhaust, done already by Evosport; Cold air intake/filters, done already by VRP; Thermal barrier intake gaskets, also done already in the form of phenolic spacers by VRP that don't leak as you wrongly suggested. Custom spec'd cams....done already by many other tuners.
So, that leaves porting (and I assume polishing) intakes and heads. Wow, again you leave me speachless with your ability to come up with something new to make power - porting heads, never heard of that one before. So, all you are really bringing to the table is porting heads and intakes. BIG DEAL. From your attitude and clear lack of experience with AMG's, I would never let you touch my vehicle, much less attack my heads with a Dremel. And furthermore, with the list of mods for AMG's above that already exist from other well respected and knowledgable tuners, why would anyone give YOU their business ?? You have no experience with AMG's, or, very little compared to the other tuners here; VRP, Evosport, etc...It seems odd that you would come here with such an attitude, and have nothing to back it up...

Last edited by LZH; 09-04-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Banned

You maybe a good tuner (so you say) but your a ****ty business man.

you could of used vadim's post to prove a point rather than reply which such hostility.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:10 PM

SLK32
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
MHP, I will be interested to see the data once you get it. Since you are getting into the TCU, some hints for you on the E-Class.
Many have seen that from a dead stop accel, that the tranny shifts a little early from 1-2. Of course this could be a limitation of the hardware to cut it closer due to the quickly rising RPMs in 1st at WOT. If you accelerate slower, you will shift at the redline. On the flip side, I have also had the tranny hit the rev limiter when in S and the gear selector was in 1st. This is usually when you are holding RPMs at say 4K and then punch it. The RPMs climb faster than the tranny can deal with and you hit the rev limiter.
It is not just the E's that do this. The early shift pisses me off. It did not happen in my until a flash by the dealer.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:46 PM

08 CLS63
So much hostility. Although, MHP did come off a bit aggressive, I'm looking forward to his upcoming products. Some people here really take it to heart when a new tuner hits the market. Instead of questioning him about everything, let's just wait and see how his products turn out.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:37 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by lexaltezza
So much hostility. Although, MHP did come off a bit aggressive, I'm looking forward to his upcoming products. Some people here really take it to heart when a new tuner hits the market. Instead of questioning him about everything, let's just wait and see how his products turn out.
Not really hostility, but a justified reaction to someone who comes here to make money, insults a well respected member, makes all sorts of claims without providing any verifiable data to back it up, has very little marketing knowledge or experience with AMG's and expects us all to kiss his azz because he cracked the TCU code on a C63 and plans on making the same products that are already available to us. Then, when questioned and has his feet held to the fire, tells a few of us die hard motor sports enthusiasts, that he doesn't need our business. Correct me if I missed something....
Old 09-04-2008, 11:55 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30

MHP, I will be interested to see the data once you get it. Since you are getting into the TCU, some hints for you on the E-Class.
Many have seen that from a dead stop accel, that the tranny shifts a little early from 1-2. Of course this could be a limitation of the hardware to cut it closer due to the quickly rising RPMs in 1st at WOT. If you accelerate slower, you will shift at the redline. On the flip side, I have also had the tranny hit the rev limiter when in S and the gear selector was in 1st. This is usually when you are holding RPMs at say 4K and then punch it. The RPMs climb faster than the tranny can deal with and you hit the rev limiter. This is not ALL E's but it has been an issue for a number of them.
We fix the early shift on the 1-2 as described above, I've whacked the limiter many times in Sport/Auto mode in my C63 and it drove me crazy.

The other issue to look into is the dead accelerator pedal when down shifting to a stop and then hitting the throttle. Literally as long as half a second can go by with the throttle on the floor and nothing happens. To cause this problem to occur you need to be doing engine braking down shifts so RPMs hit say 5K on the down shift and then once in first, as the RPMs come close to idle, hit the throttle. It's gotta be emissions related. A number of people have had this problem and I have not heard of any update from MB.
The lag between pedal WOT and TB WOT is also cured.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-04-2008, 11:55 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Are you serious?

How long can it take to desolder/solder a chip?
LOL, we don't do chips.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:18 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
Me for one, obviously. I certainly hope you have your ducks in line and follow through with some serious results after all the chest beating you have been doing here.
I'm really not sure what else you want to hear...Like it or not it's coming and it works.

Funny how this "I don't need your business" attitude is your standard response when someone calls you on the carpet...
Like I said before, there's an *** for every seat. If you wish to do all of your business with VRP more power to you.

Good, I certainly hope so for your sake or you will be the new MBWorld punching bag aka MARTY.
LMAO. I've danced with as many as a dozen twits at one time, you're really giving yourself too much credit.

You are making some big claims and assertations about your ability to tune AMG's. But, after looking over your site (http://www.modernhorsepower.com) all I see is a bunch of American junk and the usual aftermarket bolt on crap everyone else sells....You don't even make your own turbo kits, but resell Turbonetics kits...as well as reselling AEM intakes for Mustangs, diff coolers, brake upgrades, LOUD MOUTH exhausts (named after you I assume?), Arrington motors that someone else builds, Borla crap, etc....All off the shelf items that you have nothing to do with except marking up and bolting on for the following list of vehicles taken off your site:

Corvette
Jeep SRT8
Cadillac
Cobra / Shelby GT500 / Mustang
Trailblazer SS
Tubing / Clamps / Flanges
Mercury Marauder
Charger / 300c/ Magnum /RT
Plymouth Prowler
Street Rod
Acura
Camaro / Firebird
Dodge Caliber SRT4
Cobalt SS
Chevelle
Hummer H2 / H3
Challenger SRT 8
Pontiac GTO
Obviously you don't read the threads in the C63 forum. I don't do website design and the person I pay to do it obviously hasn't spent much time doing it. Why don't I care? Because I have too much business as it is and I don't need a flashy website to net anymore.
BTW, AEM doesn't make intakes for Mustangs I've requested the Arrington crap be taken off our site, etc etc. That's what you get when you dump a ****load of affiliate vendor info on a web design guy that can't tell **** from shinola.
Like I said before, there is literally nothing we can't or haven't done. From complete chassis fabrication to world class and record holding motors, it's all fair game.

And after looking at the single AMG vehicle on your site, the C63, this is your list of "mods" for AMG's:

*Available Now -Custom ECU tuning for the C63 AMG- click here for order information
* C63 AMG Parts Coming Soon:
Longtube Headers / Performance Exhaust
Cold Air Intakes/Filters
Thermostats
Thermal Barrier Intake Gaskets
Ported Intake Manifolds
Ported Cylinder Heads
Custom spec'd Cams

Lets see here....AMG 63 tuning, done already by numerous other tuners;
Not like we do it, and they sure as **** don't tune TCUs.

longtube headers/performance exhaust, done already by Evosport;
That's great and all but why do I care? They aren't using the same headers or exhaust that I'm fabricating.

Cold air intake/filters, done already by VRP; Thermal barrier intake gaskets, also done already in the form of phenolic spacers by VRP that don't leak as you wrongly suggested.
LMFAO. I guess if someone makes a part for a vehicle it should automatically be declared the best and everyone else should just go home. ROFL. Thanks, I needed that laugh.
I also never said VRPs phenolics leaked, or are you still struggling with 5th grade reading comprehension?

Custom spec'd cams....done already by many other tuners.
Really? Show me some custom aftermarket billet cams for a 6.2.

So, that leaves porting (and I assume polishing) intakes and heads. Wow, again you leave me speachless with your ability to come up with something new to make power - porting heads, never heard of that one before. So, all you are really bringing to the table is porting heads and intakes. BIG DEAL.
Jesus your ignorance shines so brightly you could blind the sun...
Show me some ported 6.2 heads/results, tell me you understand 4v air flow, how it differs from 2v flow, how you spec cams for a 4v what are the important factors and what doesn't matter, what's more important flow or velocity? How large should the valves be on a 6.2L motor? What are the limiting factors for power production for the 6.2L 4v?
Those are just a few questions I can answer, obviously you can't as you haven't even addressed the five basic questions (one reiterated above) posted last night.
If you want to compare knowledge and experience let's just whip them out and get it over with. Just know that you're going to lose, and lose badly.

From your attitude and clear lack of experience with AMG's, I would never let you touch my vehicle, much less attack my heads with a Dremel. And furthermore, with the list of mods for AMG's above that already exist from other well respected and knowledgable tuners, why would anyone give YOU their business ?? You have no experience with AMG's, or, very little compared to the other tuners here; VRP, Evosport, etc...It seems odd that you would come here with such an attitude, and have nothing to back it up...
Lack of experience with AMGs? Let me clear something up for you, in case you didn't know, 6.2s are simply 4v DOHCs with a 4" bore. 5.4s are just 3v SOHCs. I can and have made more power than either with a 4.6 Ford 2v than anyone on this board has with a AMG TT 6.0L 3v V12.
Our engines are NOT special, if you buy into the hand built by certified AMG bull**** you're simply too far gone for me to even bother with.
In case you didn't know there are 1000whp 2.3L stroker 4 banger Evo's running around, yet some tuners on this site struggle to hit 1000 flywheel HP with 6.0L V12s.

Let me guess, you've made 597rw with a 5.4/4v with these heads:

You know how to cast a custom intake manifold:

You can fabricate longtubes/exhausts:

As for my attitude, like it or not, it's not going anywhere for you. Like I said before, you don't have to believe me, you'll be choking on enough objective proof from people you respect for the next few months without me saying another word. So open wide and let the good times roll.

For the record, it's obvious that you can't tell your *** from a hole in the ground so do us both a favor and stop posting in this thread. People like you, and by that I mean those who think they know something but really don't know anything and flaunt it, make me sick.

Last edited by MHP; 09-05-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:22 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RENNSTAGE
You maybe a good tuner (so you say) but your a ****ty business man.

you could of used vadim's post to prove a point rather than reply which such hostility.
For literally the tenth time, I never pointed the finger at VRP and therefore he had absolutely no reason to jump into my thread--unless of course he wants me in his threads, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:24 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by lexaltezza
I don't mind the questions about our products at all. I don't mind explaining things to people that are willing to listen either. I just can't stand ignorant forum cheerleaders with zero actual knowledge that try to throw their weight around.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:29 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
Not really hostility, but a justified reaction to someone who comes here to make money, insults a well respected member, makes all sorts of claims without providing any verifiable data to back it up, has very little marketing knowledge or experience with AMG's and expects us all to kiss his azz because he cracked the TCU code on a C63 and plans on making the same products that are already available to us. Then, when questioned and has his feet held to the fire, tells a few of us die hard motor sports enthusiasts, that he doesn't need our business. Correct me if I missed something....
Die hard motorsports enthusiast? LMFAO. You're a bench racer with no credible knowledge whatsoever. Again, you state you have 20 years of professional racing experience...In what genre and capacity of racing? Shifter karts???
The point of view posted above is so far past skewed I'd be surprised if you could hit the broad side of a barn with a Tomahawk cruise missile from 10 ft away.
FYI, we "cracked the code" on all AMG TCUs, not just for the C63. As you'll see when the results are in, our products are not on the same level as those that already exist in the marketplace.
Now please go away, you're starting to remind me of a psycho ex GF.

Thanks

Last edited by MHP; 09-05-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by MHP
Die hard motorsports enthusiast? LMFAO. You're a bench racer with no credible knowledge whatsoever. Again, you state you have 20 years of professional racing experience...In what genre and capacity of racing? Shifter karts???
The point of view posted above is so far past skewed I'd be surprised if you could hit the broad side of a barn with a Tomahawk cruise missile from 10 ft away.
FYI, we "cracked the code" on all AMG TCUs, not just for the C63. As you'll see when the results are in, our products are not on the same level as those that already exist in the marketplace.
Now please go away.

Thanks
See this is the kind of attitude that pisses people off. You go off and just run your mouth before letting your brain think. That's what makes people look bad. I don't know how you run your business, but in my business I think before I speak. Who are you to say people have no knowledge of cars, or other things?

If you can answer anyone of those questions I would be greatful. But you should use your brain when answering those questions.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:41 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
See this is the kind of attitude that pisses people off. You go off and just run your mouth before letting your brain think. That's what makes people look bad. I don't know how you run your business, but in my business I think before I speak. Who are you to say people have no knowledge of cars, or other things?
The thing is, I'm not your typical "kiss your ***" vendor, if you take a shot at me, expect to take one back. If you consider that bad business so be it, I don't. As for me running my mouth before letting my brain think...Have you read any of LZwhatever's posts? Talk about BS accusations and misinformation. I can tell LZ doesn't know nearly as much as he claims by merely reading what he has written/responded to, and what he has ignored. It's really that simple.
I don't know how else to say this other than, I'll put my knowledge and experience up against LZHs (or anyone else on this forum for that matter) any day of the week. Let's find out who really knows what about these motors, IC motors in general, FI v N/A, whatever. Sound fair to you? I'm typing this with no ill will or malice, it's just a straight forward proposition.
Anyone willing please start with the 5 basic questions posted last night and we'll go from there.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:43 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MHP
A few basic trivia questions (for ****s and giggles) for members and vendors alike:

1) Explain the difference between 2v and 4v airflow and the advantages/disadvantages of each.

2a) Why is a billet 4340 connecting rod stronger than a forged 4340 rod?

2b) What's stronger and why, a forged or billet Ti rod?

3) What are the ultimate limiting factors (potential power production) for a turbo or supercharged motor?

4) What are the ultimate limiting factors (potential power production) for a N/A street driven motor?

5) With stock TCU programming, how much can the oem torque converter actually lock on a 7A (W7A700)?
Bueller?
Old 09-05-2008, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by MHP
The thing is, I'm not your typical "kiss your ***" vendor, if you take a shot at me, expect to take one back. If you consider that bad business so be it, I don't. As for me running my mouth before letting my brain think...Have you read any of LZwhatever's posts? Talk about BS accusations and misinformation. I can tell LZ doesn't know nearly as much as he claims by merely reading what he has written/responded to, and what he has ignored. It's really that simple.
I don't know how else to say this other than, I'll put my knowledge and experience up against LZHs (or anyone else on this forum for that matter) any day of the week. Let's find out who really knows what about these motors, IC motors in general, FI v N/A, whatever. Sound fair to you? I'm typing this with no ill will or malice, it's just a straight forward proposition.
Anyone willing please start with the 5 basic questions posted last night and we'll go from there.
You aren't going to ge any business if you take shots at others. And there will always be someone else who is smarter than you, and that is a fact. Just why are you so cocky in thinking you are the master and know it all of IC engines and other things?

I don't know everything about the hotel business yet I know there is always something knew to learn from the mistakes of others, your own mistakes, and from past information. The same should be applied to you, just don't be so cocky in thinking you are god.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:58 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
You aren't going to ge any business if you take shots at others. And there will always be someone else who is smarter than you, and that is a fact. Just why are you so cocky in thinking you are the master and know it all of IC engines and other things?

I don't know everything about the hotel business yet I know there is always something knew to learn from the mistakes of others, your own mistakes, and from past information. The same should be applied to you, just don't be so cocky in thinking you are god.
Looks like you're making assumptions. I never said I knew more than everyone let alone that I was a God, and you are correct, there may be someone on this site that has more practial/actual knowledge...All I said was let's find out. I don't see the problem with that?
The fact of the matter is that in every application that we have embarked on, we make more power with better durability/longevity than anyone else. Lots of people make parts, and build engines. We make it a point to be the best at what we do and are proud of it.

Also, I'm presently overwhelmed with my business load to the point where I'm going to have to bring on more help. Either way, I'm not going to listen to someone that has proven their ignorance in such a manner as LZH.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by MHP
A few basic trivia questions (for ****s and giggles) for members and vendors alike:

1) Explain the difference between 2v and 4v airflow and the advantages/disadvantages of each.

2a) Why is a billet 4340 connecting rod stronger than a forged 4340 rod?

2b) What's stronger and why, a forged or billet Ti rod?

3) What are the ultimate limiting factors (potential power production) for a turbo or supercharged motor?

4) What are the ultimate limiting factors (potential power production) for a N/A street driven motor?

5) With stock TCU programming, how much can the oem torque converter actually lock on a 7A (W7A700)?

I will take a stab at this. I am really not one for bench racing and theorizing all day and night. Most of my knowledge comes from real world experience building engines for people and myself. So here goes..

1. I will get to what I think is the point. 4v per cylinder will distribute airflow more efficiently across all cylinders. Typically seen on higher reving motors. 2v per cylinder I typically see in large displacement big stroke engines. (besides those dohc hemi's)

2a. I am not an expert on metallurgy or have conducted any stress tests. But I have used aluminum rods in race motors and boy do they run!! You have to watch your piston to head, and piston to valve clearance though. Or else you will your motor.

2b. forged ti rod is stronger. Why? because its forged i assume

3. Kinda vague but IMO it is. Ultimately the amount of boost you can run without lifting the head, cracking the sleeves, amount of ignition timing you can run, running out of octane, or you can go alcohol or methanol and run 40+psi of boost (turbo). For a blower I would say effectively cooling the charge temp, keeping the belt from disintegration. But with turbos like the GT42R, those crazy borge warner turbos and such 1000whp 4 cylinders, 1500-2500whp 6-8 cylinders are not a problem.

4. Limiting factors for a N/A street motor is available octane, compression ratio, going too radical on the cam and losing too much bottom and midrange power. Not to mention a poor idle. (I think it sounds great), fouling out spark plugs and maximum displacement potential of the engine.

5. I have no idea.

MHP you sound like a pretty knowledgeable guy. I can tell where your coming from and where your talents seem to be. But PR is not one of them . Usually savy fabricators tend to be cocky and have a my way or the highway attitude about things. But I would advise to let this one go. You are burying your self right now. You can attract more bees with honey. You are still new such as myself so try and make friends not enemys. Hope this helps.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:03 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Max.H
I will take a stab at this. I am really not one for bench racing and theorizing all day and night. Most of my knowledge comes from real world experience building engines for people and myself. So here goes..

1. I will get to what I think is the point. 4v per cylinder will distribute airflow more efficiently across all cylinders. Typically seen on higher reving motors. 2v per cylinder I typically see in large displacement big stroke engines. (besides those dohc hemi's)

2a. I am not an expert on metallurgy or have conducted any stress tests. But I have used aluminum rods in race motors and boy do they run!! You have to watch your piston to head, and piston to valve clearance though. Or else you will your motor.

2b. forged ti rod is stronger. Why? because its forged i assume

3. Kinda vague but IMO it is. Ultimately the amount of boost you can run without lifting the head, cracking the sleeves, amount of ignition timing you can run, running out of octane, or you can go alcohol or methanol and run 40+psi of boost (turbo). For a blower I would say effectively cooling the charge temp, keeping the belt from disintegration. But with turbos like the GT42R, those crazy borge warner turbos and such 1000whp 4 cylinders, 1500-2500whp 6-8 cylinders are not a problem.

4. Limiting factors for a N/A street motor is available octane, compression ratio, going too radical on the cam and losing too much bottom and midrange power. Not to mention a poor idle. (I think it sounds great), fouling out spark plugs and maximum displacement potential of the engine.

5. I have no idea.

MHP you sound like a pretty knowledgeable guy. I can tell where your coming from and where your talents seem to be. But PR is not one of them . Usually savy fabricators tend to be cocky and have a my way or the highway attitude about things. But I would advise to let this one go. You are burying your self right now. You can attract more bees with honey. You are still new such as myself so try and make friends not enemys. Hope this helps.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for taking the time to reply and post your thoughts. I'm going to wait and see if others reply before posting my answers.
As for me burying myself, I don't see it that way. There's really only one person in this thread (at this point) that seems to be conducting a witch hunt. Thankfully product results speak louder than misinformed/ignorant opinions.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by MHP
Thanks for taking the time to reply and post your thoughts. I'm going to wait and see if others reply before posting my answers.
As for me burying myself, I don't see it that way. There's really only one person in this thread (at this point) that seems to be conducting a witch hunt. Thankfully product results speak louder than misinformed/ignorant opinions.

I have seen scenario's like this play out before. The more you fight back the more you will get the boys riled up. The natives are restless in this neck of the woods . So be careful! I have seen people get caught posing (Not calling you a poser) It is always VERY amusing but it wasn't a pretty site. GL with your new venture.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:24 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Max.H
I have seen scenario's like this play out before. The more you fight back the more you will get the boys riled up. The natives are restless in this neck of the woods . So be careful! I have seen people get caught posing (Not calling you a poser) It is always VERY amusing but it wasn't a pretty site. GL with your new venture.
Thanks brother. FWIW, I love busting posers too.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:27 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Max, check your PMs.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by MHP
what #s is your C63 putting down ?

Have you run it 1/4 mile? 1/8th mile? Do you have baseline track #s for your 63?

I say we finally get down to it and get this site to have a tuner battle royale.

The fastest Benz
Evosport?
VRP?
Renntech?
Kleeman?
Brabus?
MHP?
ASR?
Hennessey?
Gunyard?
Veloce?

The Spacers, gaskets are nice but they really do nothing to solve the terrible heat soak in the 63's.

Hopefully @ MIR we can have a MHP car vs. a VRP car, maybe Evosport will get that SL55 out there..This is long overdue

Last edited by juicee63; 09-05-2008 at 02:18 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Like I said before, not worried at all about the doubters. The proof is in the pudding which is otw. BTW, when you reference "we" who exactly are you talking about? You and?

pudding, indeeed. Me and us, you worried about the conspiracy theory or was that your attempt at the old "yeah, you and who's army" talk?

The codes are very similar but not the same. Which is why it took us an extra 6 weeks to "crack" all the TCU/ECU variables in MB ECUs/TCUs.

Really? OK, I'll bite. Similar HOW? Do the various components (i.e. ECU / TCU) use a similar protocol to communicate? This is a simple (although trick) question and you gave me a great segway into it simply taking you 6 weeks to crack ALL the TCU/ECU variables"? ALL? Dude, you should seriously slow down and understand that your every written word will be scrutinized.

I'm not watching it, I'm counting on it, and obviously, I'm not afraid to bite back either. Let me ask you a question. How much crow are you prepared to eat after I post vids, track and dyno results from not just my car but several others as well?

None. Why would I? You really think "proof" will make up for your attitude? No way. I'm not a technical dude, only an enthusiast so you don't insult me. You insult the ones that have paid $100K and then proceeded to tear the car up and the ones that have laid the ground work for you to even be able to compete (even virtually) in the MB tuning market. The days of tuners being on a pedestal and having a cute arrogance about them is done. The real question is how much crow will you eat when the elaborate tales become known?

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Enjoy your slow ride. If you're going to MIR on 11/15 maybe we can line up next to each other and let the products themselves do the "talking".

LOL, I'm frigging falling out of my chair. What do we need MIR for? Why not have a more local meet and let us do a real compare and contrast? We can throw the cars on the dyno, datalog, whatever. You came in the wrong place for that talk. I'd say easily half the members in this room would bet against you.

For the life of me I simply cannot see how you can blame me for the thread derailing. Why VRP even posted in this thread (as I never cited them or their products) is a mystery to me and seemed to be the instigating factor.
If you would take the time to read the thread you would probably also notice that the pissing match is over and there's simply no need to attempt to relight the fire. You want results, they're coming, end of story.
Is it over? end of story? Hmmmm, boy all of this is familiar. I'm coming in because that is what I do. Just like Vadim knows how to tune boosted MBs, I sniff out fakes. Just a gift and that is all I can share with my fellow members. In return, they teach me how to enjoy my cars.

Ya'll come back now, you hear?

p.s. can we get an eta on the data and the conditions for the testing?
Old 09-05-2008, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by juicee63
what #s is your C63 putting down ?

Have you run it 1/4 mile? 1/8th mile? Do you have baseline track #s for your 63?

I say we finally get down to it and get this site to have a tuner battle royale.

The fastest Benz
Evosport?
VRP?
MHP?
ASR?
Hennessey?
Gunyard?
Veloce?

The Spacers, gaskets are nice but they really do nothing to solve the terrible heat soak in the 63's.

Hopefully @ MIR we can have a MHP car vs. a VRP car, maybe Evosport will get that SL55 out there..This is long overdue
T :
Dare I say it?????????????????!@#$%^&*()_!@#$%^&*()
WHAT ABOUT "RENNTECH" oouuccchhh.. And Juice that is a great idea A one time, no holds, big azz TUNNER SHOOT OUT

When is the RAR vs. JUICEE shoot out #4
Just go to YOUTUBE and punch in RAR vs JUICEE, brings back the fun check it out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators