MHP AMG 63 Thermalnators

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Andy,

I tip my hat to you.. I know what is involved in doing this reflash work and I'll be the first to say that I spent a considerable amount of time researching this and looking for a solution.

MKB, Brabus and everyone else out there have no way of performing this task so you have done a great job by finding a solution.

I love inovators and fresh ideas. This is what lead me to build VRP; to provide better quality and lower pricing to the marketplace. Congrats! I am sure you will do well!

Originally Posted by MHP
To expound a bit more, we will in the future be distributing our ECU/TCU reflashes through a select group of businesses, though we won't be selling/licensing out the actual hardware we use.

Thanks
Old 09-10-2008, 04:19 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by vrus
Andy,

I tip my hat to you.. I know what is involved in doing this reflash work and I'll be the first to say that I spent a considerable amount of time researching this and looking for a solution.

MKB, Brabus and everyone else out there have no way of performing this task so you have done a great job by finding a solution.

I love inovators and fresh ideas. This is what lead me to build VRP; to provide better quality and lower pricing to the marketplace. Congrats! I am sure you will do well!
Thank you, we really appreciate the comments as we have put in a LOT of hard work. Looking forward to posting the results and helping the MB community kick some *** on the street/track!
Old 09-10-2008, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Okay, now I'm more confused. So in order to flash the TCU, do you need both ECU and TCU together to be sent to you? And how many hours would it take an average MB mechanic to pull out the TCU?
Old 09-10-2008, 04:57 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Okay, now I'm more confused. So in order to flash the TCU, do you need both ECU and TCU together to be sent to you? And how many hours would it take an average MB mechanic to pull out the TCU?
Sorry if I wasn't clear.

TCU: We don't need anything from you unless you choose to send us your existing TCU. We can order a spare, flash it and then send it to you so you have zero downtime. I've done the swap 3 times now and I'm down to 1.5hrs in total; R&R instructions will be up on our soon to be revamped site soon. I called the service manager at my local dealership to give me a book quote and he's going to get back to me asap. His estimate was 2-2.5hrs tops.

ECU: We need you to send us the VIN encoded ECU already in your vehicle. You can (as I did) buy a spare ECU then have the dealer install/code it for you (under $100 for the labor to do so) and then send us your original one. You'll then have a stocker for warranty purposes later. The ECU swap is a 10 minute or under job.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-10-2008, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by MHP
Sorry if I wasn't clear.

TCU: We don't need anything from you unless you choose to send us your existing TCU. We can order a spare, flash it and then send it to you so you have zero downtime. I've done the swap 3 times now and I'm down to 1.5hrs in total; R&R instructions will be up on our soon to be revamped site soon. I called the service manager at my local dealership to give me a book quote and he's going to get back to me asap. His estimate was 2-2.5hrs tops.

ECU: We need you to send us the VIN encoded ECU already in your vehicle. You can (as I did) buy a spare ECU then have the dealer install/code it for you (under $100 for the labor to do so) and then send us your original one. You'll then have a stocker for warranty purposes later. The ECU swap is a 10 minute or under job.

Thanks
Andy
I like having a spare TCU and ECU, I think it's the way to go. But I got another question for ya: if I order a spare ECU, does the dealer need the car there to code it or does they need just the VIN? The reason I'm asking is that I don't want to order the ECU through my local dealership
Old 09-10-2008, 07:09 PM

2008 E63
how much coin for the ecu and tcu flash? i don't see anything listed on the website.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I like having a spare TCU and ECU, I think it's the way to go. But I got another question for ya: if I order a spare ECU, does the dealer need the car there to code it or does they need just the VIN? The reason I'm asking is that I don't want to order the ECU through my local dealership
I can order them for you (at a better price than you'll get as well) but a local dealer will have to code the ECU to your vehicle. There shouldn't be any problem at all because it's just another stock ECU nothing modified--yet

It takes less than an hour for a dealer to swap/code ECUs and then you're good to go.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
how much coin for the ecu and tcu flash? i don't see anything listed on the website.
PM sent.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
do you have the tcu tune for the 55's yet .....
Old 09-11-2008, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Petrol-Based Vehicle
Location?

Your website does not list an address. Would you please post the following for future reference and purchase? (once TCU upgrades confirmed)

Business Name: Modern Horsepower, LLC?
Business address: ?
Contact Phone: ?

Thank you.

Additional questions about the shop:
- How large is your staff?
- Contact us only shows html email, do you provide helpdesk? if so, #?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:16 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
do you have the tcu tune for the 55's yet .....
We had an E55 tester (someone willing to post objective data, not actually beta test the reflash) lined up but I haven't heard from him in a while. We'll be quite busy with 63 stuff for at least the next 2 weeks but I'm willing to take on a E55 TCU whenever.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:31 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by aldoe
Your website does not list an address. Would you please post the following for future reference and purchase? (once TCU upgrades confirmed)

Business Name: Modern Horsepower, LLC?
Business address: ?
Contact Phone: ?

Thank you.

Additional questions about the shop:
- How large is your staff?
- Contact us only shows html email, do you provide helpdesk? if so, #?

We are presently working on revamping our website to better fit the needs of the markets we plan on doing business in, in the near future. All info will be posted at that time.

Our registered business address (office) is:

294 Holly Grove Rd
Lewis Center, OH 43035

Contact phone for both sales/tech questions: 614 940 9523

Email addy's: andrew@modernhorsepower.com or sales@modernhorsepower.com or tech@modernhorsepower.com

Our main install shop is located at:

67 Klema Dr
Reynoldsburg, OH 43062.

A few pics of one side of the shop with Mustang Dyno and lift (the other is used for chassis/suspension fabrication) more will be up with the site redesign:

At present between the MI (tuning R&D) and OH locations we have eight full time employees. Aside from a lead engine builder and two jr engine builders. Making for eleven total not counting our MD satellite shop (installs only).

If you or anyone else has any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to get in touch with me using one of the above methods.

Thanks
Andy
Old 11-10-2008, 03:08 AM

2005 E55
Any news on the AMG 55 Thermalnators?
Old 11-10-2008, 07:23 AM

2005 S55 1982 300dt
+1 on where are the E55 thermalators
Old 11-10-2008, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by reitmeid
+1 on where are the E55 thermalators
+2

Old 11-10-2008, 01:57 PM

2007 E63 AMG
I got the phenolic spacers done by VRP Tuning. It works and run perfectly. Thanks vadim and the team offer such amazing work. And i can feel the huge different with the VR530 power package. Not just words can explain.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:59 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rberga1
Any news on the AMG 55 Thermalnators?
Ready to ship next week along with the TT V12s.

Thanks
Andy
Old 11-10-2008, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by MHP
BTW, how did you make the jump from catering to Ford Tauri (SHO Shop) to Mercedes/AMGs?

Thanks
Andy

I just read this!

How did you get into this MB market? You paid someone who can tune an ECU to write software for you and came to a forum to talk a big game and become a keyboard racer.

Vadim has been around for a while building some solid upgrades. The new kid should not be slamming everyone so frequently. Vadim has learned how to respect people and co-exist with other tuners.

Something to prove? You are so lost in your mission to prove your self worth to people that you are blind to your "pot shots" to everyone. Lets just say people who actually WRITE the software code think some of your claims are 100% false. Funny how you asked him to not post in your threads. Easier to spout bs to everyone that way.

My best point is that you NEVER see any other tuner trying to set up street races or track days to show off. They are busy doing work and helping customers. Your attitude is terrible. Your posts remind me of a teenage football jock who is hopped up on Steroids. You could sell the best parts in the world and there are MANY people on this forum who would never so much as pick up a phone to call you. You might have software that is close to EVOsport and RENNtech (you compared your tune to a version of RENNtechs software from 2007 and things have changed since then Andy) but that does not mean you are a tuning god. When you have a background and client base like RENNtech you can have that attitude. But once you get that success and history you will likely have grown out of this phase (one would hope).

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 11-10-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:16 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
I just read this!

How did you get into this MB market? You paid someone who can tune an ECU to write software for you and came to a forum to talk a big game and become a keyboard racer.

Vadim has been around for a while building some solid upgrades. The new kid should not be slamming everyone so frequently. Vadim has learned how to respect people and co-exist with other tuners.

Something to prove? You are so lost in your mission to prove your self worth to people that you are blind to your "pot shots" to everyone. Lets just say people who actually WRITE the software code think some of your claims are 100% false. Funny how you asked him to not post in your threads. Easier to spout bs to everyone that way.

My best point is that you NEVER see any other tuner trying to set up street races or track days to show off. They are busy doing work and helping customers. Your attitude is terrible. Your posts remind me of a teenage football jock who is hopped up on Steroids. You could sell the best parts in the world and there are MANY people on this forum who would never so much as pick up a phone to call you. You might have software that is close to EVOsport and RENNtech (you compared your tune to a version of RENNtechs software from 2007 and things have changed since then Andy) but that does not mean you are a tuning god. When you have a background and client base like RENNtech you can have that attitude. But once you get that success and history you will likely have grown out of this phase (one would hope).

:r olf:

Are you still around?

Have a nice day.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:36 PM

2005 E55
Smile

Originally Posted by MHP
Ready to ship next week along with the TT V12s.

Thanks
Andy
Cool...how much and where do I order?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:07 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
I just read this!
You're a bit late to the game, pal.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by MHP
A few basic trivia questions (for ****s and giggles) for members and vendors alike:

5) With stock TCU programming, how much can the oem torque converter actually lock on a 7A (W7A700)?

7G transmission toque converter clutch operating strategy, is only two modes of torque converter clutch lock up in this transmission, fully open, and slipping as in not fully locked up. I have seen 75% lock up.

My post on June 6 2006 on AMG Private Lounge

06-16-2006, 01:34 AM #3
Trans Tech

Trans Tech is Online
Posts: 17[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
Rep: [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image003.gif[/IMG]
Most cars have an over heating safety strategy, which would allow the cooling system ample time to effectively shed heat. That is why the transmission is stuck in limp mode.
What you experience is in my opinion a flaw in the 7G transmission toque converter clutch operating strategy, there is only two modes of torque converter clutch lock up in this transmission, fully open, not applied and slipping as in not fully locked up. The oil receives 100% of the engines output torque and delivers that power to the transmission, the oil/ fluid is the median by which the engines torque is transmitted to the transmission, at a ratio of 2 to 1 in some TORQUE converters. The major design flaw in this type of toque converter in that, there’s always fluid slippage between the impeller and turbine, this causes shearing turbulence in the oil and turbulence causes heat.
If the torque converter clutch were fully lock up, the fluid in the converter would rotate at the same speed as the impeller, turbine and stator, with little or no heat producing turbulence. A simple transmission control module operation strategy re flash would solve this fluid heating problem.
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image004.gif[/IMG] [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image005.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-11-2008, 11:20 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
A: 95% max.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Question

I asked in the other thread but I'll ask here as well...any E55 info?
Old 11-12-2008, 04:12 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Soup, we'll have the first batch of 55 (5 gaskets in total) and TT V12 (just 2 gaskets) thermalnators ready to ship by the end of next week. Sorry for the delay but we've been focused on getting cars ready for MIR.
63 SFI certified UD pulleys with belts/bolts will be ready to ship in 3 weeks.