W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno'd my stock E55 - Wow, you won't believe this.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
wow, great thread jack......again
Old 10-08-2008, 04:49 PM
NA1

W211 E55 AMG, LS2 GTO
It's funny you both Markus and Jim arguing, yet locals .

But in reality, dyno numbers mean absolutely nothing when compare one dyno machine to another. The only thing dyno numbers are valid, when comparing your own mods on the same machine (before and after) and see what actual gains are. The TRUE testing is 1/4 mile runs, especially when two cars with different numbers line up on the same track, same day, etc.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Jrcart and Frost, All of this can be settled next week at the ///AMG Track Meet!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Jim, Marcus is actually a really good and nice person in real life,
Marcus, Jim is actually a really good and nice person in real life,

Just wanted to clarify....
Old 10-08-2008, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by jrcart
Hmmm, where should I begin? Chest pounding? I'll show you chest pounding!

I can tell you I did speak to two guys at Chicago Performance and they seemed like I was wasting ther time and had no answers for any of the questions I posed. Why don't you call them up and refresh their memory from about 6 weeks back, about the guy calling about a CF drive shaft. One guy did not even know what a Black Series was, I told him to go to the MBUSA web site. Do you think I make this stuff up?????? Give Me A F'in Break!
My E55 is there now, and I talked to Al, he did talk to you, and his recollection is quite different.

No, I don't give myself gray hairs over this stuff, I just find myself spending more time explaining and defending my statements and mods because nobody beleives sh_t. I can understand people not believeing me 10 months ago when I was a newb, but come on, I have met probably over 30 guys from this forum in person at various events, meets and shows or just driving around town. I have backed up every statement I have ever made. I have time slips, witnesses and video proof of drag racing and road racing outings. If my car was not all it was craked up to be you guys would know it.
We wouldn't have known it until after you had done all these things, which only happened recently. You take people questioning way too personally, especially on the internet. Establishing credibility takes a lot more than meeting some people and posting some #s, as far as I am concerned.

It's obvious you are a "Glass Half Empty" personality, sorry you have to go through life instantly doubting a person.
I am a realist, not an optimist. It's how I do business, and yes, I treat technical discussions the same way. Optimistically, real estate always goes up in value, realistically, no it does not. The saying goes "“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”

BTW: I'm not too impressed with their race rig, I don't even race (anymore) and I have a better set-up than that one, but hey, who's measuring d1ck length? I'll post up some pics of my 38ft Renegade Fun Mover and a 28ft Cargo Mate trailer later tonight or tomorrow (just in case you don't believe me).
You're kidding right? I posted a picture of their rig to legitimize their knowledge of racing, not to compare the size of your wallets. CPT is heavily invested in racing, thus knowledge of CF driveshafts would be something you can assume they would have. This isn't about who's making more coin, for christ's sake.

You really are quite an act. Do me a favor, take your self-centered egocentric agenda somewhere else, you aren't going to impress me.

-m
Old 10-08-2008, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I'm sure he is a nice guy. I have nothing against Marcus, he voiced his opinions and feelings, I voiced mine. I've said it a hundred time before and I'll say it again, I just hate it when people try to call me out. If you guys have not noticed a pattern yet, everytime somebody tries calling me out on this forum it never works, I don't BS or pull any punches, I tell it how it is regardless of popular opinion. I could start a list of people that have tried calling me out on this forum, it would be a long list, but it would be a long list of people that were ultimately proven wrong...just like all the guys that said my car does not make 500hp. Just like all the guys that said my car nor any 63 could not run a sub 11.5 on motor or the guys that said a Porsche 997 GT2 would spank me on a road course. Lucky for you guys I am always up for a challenge. Have any of you guys seen me back down from one yet? Nope, and you never will. I might lose or crash or die trying, but I'm never gonna back down or bend over, especially when the challenges are coming from keyboard racers who hide behind their computer sometimes thousands of miles away. Hell, I've even offered to cart my azz half way across the country to meet a challenge...most of you know the outcome of that story.

See ya, and sorry for the hijack.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
My E55 is there now, and I talked to Al, he did talk to you, and his recollection is quite different.
I lied, I'm not done with the hijacking. Marcus, please do fill me in on Al's "recollection" of our conversation? Was it the part where he did not know what a CLK Black Series was? Did he recall that, because that is what I remeber. Was it the part where he sounded like he was scratching his head when I mentioned a CF drive shaft? He sounded like he know absolutely nothing about MB's and as if he was not interested at all in my business. I'm not sure, maybe I got a bad read on him, but that was my take on our conversation.

Ask him if he remembers this part of the conversation, the part where I told him I would love to find a reputable MB/Euro tuner in the Chicago area, because I am sick of always having to send my vehicles 2000 miles away to the east coast or west coast to get worked on.

....like I said, I don't make this stuff up.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
I lied, I'm not done with the hijacking. Marcus, please do fill me in on Al's "recollection" of our conversation? Was it the part where he did not know what a CLK Black Series was? Did he recall that, because that is what I remeber. Was it the part where he sounded like he was scratching his head when I mentioned a CF drive shaft? He sounded like he know absolutely nothing about MB's and as if he was not interested at all in my business. I'm not sure, maybe I got a bad read on him, but that was my take on our conversation.

Ask him if he remembers this part of the conversation, the part where I told him I would love to find a reputable MB/Euro tuner in the Chicago area, because I am sick of always having to send my vehicles 2000 miles away to the east coast or west coast to get worked on.

....like I said, I don't make this stuff up.
Jim, I'm not going to act as some sort of mediator here. I said Al's recollection was different. He knows what a Black Series is, and he certainly knows what a CF driveshaft is. As a matter of fact, he noted that early model B5 A4s had CF driveshafts from the factory.

I'm not going to participate with this banter anymore. If you honestly think that CPT doesn't know MBs or CF driveshafts or left from right or whatever you want to think, good for you. The rest of us who have done business with them know otherwise.

-m
Old 10-08-2008, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Jim, I'm not going to act as some sort of mediator here. I said Al's recollection was different. He knows what a Black Series is, and he certainly knows what a CF driveshaft is. As a matter of fact, he noted that early model B5 A4s had CF driveshafts from the factory.

I'm not going to participate with this banter anymore. If you honestly think that CPT doesn't know MBs or CF driveshafts or left from right or whatever you want to think, good for you. The rest of us who have done business with them know otherwise.

-m
Marcus, maybe it was not Al I spoke to. I am not making up my experience with them.

I sent you a PM

Now, back on topic
Old 10-08-2008, 06:00 PM
NA1

W211 E55 AMG, LS2 GTO
Back to topic....

If the car is THAT different, breaking into 11s should be piece of cake.
Otherwise - numbers are incorrect to compare to other stock vehicles.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
Jrcart and Frost, All of this can be settled next week at the ///AMG Track Meet!
+1
Old 10-09-2008, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
Jim, Marcus is actually a really good and nice person in real life,
Marcus, Jim is actually a really good and nice person in real life,

Just wanted to clarify....
+1
Old 10-09-2008, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
Marcus, maybe it was not Al I spoke to. I am not making up my experience with them.

I sent you a PM

Now, back on topic
How does the 63 bs do vs your lingenfelter cts-v? Whats the cts-v making, and what package from lpe
Old 10-09-2008, 09:14 AM

audi
those numbers seem high for the audi's, were they modified or stock?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by InTheBenz0
How does the 63 bs do vs your lingenfelter cts-v? Whats the cts-v making, and what package from lpe
It's not one of the big block 427 conversions, it's got the Magnuson charger, heads, cams, shorty type headers, cat delete, Corsa exhaust, LPE intake, LPE ECU, lightweight LPE aluminum flywheel, Katech short throw, Eibach springs, custom front and rear strut tower braces. 530hp at the wheels but slower than the Black Series in the quarter mile, I assume that is due to weight and the fact that it is a manual trans, it will not hook up in 1st at all, it is a very difficult car to launch and I have coil-overs and the rear sub-frame connectors (a must even on a stock V). Roll-ons are a different story, the V can sometimes pull the Black Series a little from 80-120, I think temp has a lot to do with it becasue sometimes the Black pulls the V in the same race.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Originally Posted by sirrach
those numbers seem high for the audi's, were they modified or stock?

A mix of both. All stock AWD S4 one got about 20% drivetrain loss. All others were modified.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
It's not one of the big block 427 conversions, it's got the Magnuson charger, heads, cams, shorty type headers, cat delete, Corsa exhaust, LPE intake, LPE ECU, lightweight LPE aluminum flywheel, Katech short throw, Eibach springs, custom front and rear strut tower braces. 530hp at the wheels but slower than the Black Series in the quarter mile, I assume that is due to weight and the fact that it is a manual trans, it will not hook up in 1st at all, it is a very difficult car to launch and I have coil-overs and the rear sub-frame connectors (a must even on a stock V). Roll-ons are a different story, the V can sometimes pull the Black Series a little from 80-120, I think temp has a lot to do with it becasue sometimes the Black pulls the V in the same race.
Heat deff plays a roll in the Maggies, also run outta breath up top quickly too though your head/cam should help that. Sunds like a fun machine, I just got the latest C&D w/2009 CTS V Supercharged w/Eaton R1900, thinking it would be a fun car modded

Last edited by Thericker; 10-09-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by str8ridin
hmm. Alright, I give up. You guys are a tough crowd.

I'll chime back in when I have some track numbers and/or new dynojet numbers. I'm curious myself now! Until then, I'll just enjoy my "I think it's fast" E55.
Please don't misconstrue my comments as doubtful - I'm merely relaying my own experiences with this platform.

I would agree with Fast55 on his assessment, however.

The dyno was off, or your car is modded. Either way, you were head-and-shoulders above the other cars at the dyno day.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Op... Any chance you could post a pic of the signature plate on your engine. If your car can do what you say it can I think I want my next amg to be made by him.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
Op... Any chance you could post a pic of the signature plate on your engine. If your car can do what you say it can I think I want my next amg to be made by him.
Frank is The Man.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:44 PM

g63
any info from the track?
Old 10-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Update?
Old 10-25-2008, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 E55
The plot thickens.....and ugh.....gets really bad and embarrassing.

First, the excuses. This was my first time at the track. I got there at 9am and found myself in line for 3 hours because it rained the night before and they had to dry the track. My temp on the car said about 68 degrees and it was a series a starting and stopping the car for those three hours...enventually letting it idle for 15 minutes before I ran.

My turn FINALLY came and I wanted to keep the car like I always drive it for my first run. Sport 2, S mode and the Contis at stock pressure, taction control OFF. Rolled around the water and no burn-out.

R/T: 1.241
60': 2.549
330: 6.058
1/8: 8.850 @ 88.22
1000: 11.24
1/4: 13.231 @ 112.98

Not only did I FAIL at launching (spun the tires, got off the throttle, got back on, let off, rolled in), and when I finally hooked up, the car just felt slower than normal. Maybe a Johnson Pump in my future?

Eitherway, I didn't want to wait another hour for another run and was really disapointed, so I just left.

Sorry to dissapoint fellas. Back to the dyno for me.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
You still think the dyno you originally had was accurate? Come on man, from the first post everyone knew the numbers were WAAYYY wrong. Just come to grips with it and enjoy your car
Old 10-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
Originally Posted by str8ridin
The plot thickens.....and ugh.....gets really bad and embarrassing.

First, the excuses. This was my first time at the track. I got there at 9am and found myself in line for 3 hours because it rained the night before and they had to dry the track. My temp on the car said about 68 degrees and it was a series a starting and stopping the car for those three hours...enventually letting it idle for 15 minutes before I ran.

My turn FINALLY came and I wanted to keep the car like I always drive it for my first run. Sport 2, S mode and the Contis at stock pressure, taction control OFF. Rolled around the water and no burn-out.

R/T: 1.241
60': 2.549
330: 6.058
1/8: 8.850 @ 88.22
1000: 11.24
1/4: 13.231 @ 112.98

Not only did I FAIL at launching (spun the tires, got off the throttle, got back on, let off, rolled in), and when I finally hooked up, the car just felt slower than normal. Maybe a Johnson Pump in my future?

Eitherway, I didn't want to wait another hour for another run and was really disapointed, so I just left.

Sorry to dissapoint fellas. Back to the dyno for me.
don't go back to dyno's go back to Pacific Raceways and do more testing, more accurate than dyno's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno'd my stock E55 - Wow, you won't believe this.