Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Jangy?

LOL j/k Jangster.

HAHA!! Nice try. That is youyr tactic, not mine. He cooks. I don't. Big difference!!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Just thought I would throw this in concerning all the A/F ratio talk about Andy's tunes. It just so happens that I have an A/F meter guage on my car, I had it installed with my NOS as an extra safety measure. I am happy to report that my car is operating well within safe numbers, about 12.6 on average.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I hear they dump Fluoride in our water to help with our teeth. They must put something else in the water too cuz you cant tell if a girl is over 18 anymore! Can you tell me what that is so that maybe if I put it in my gf's water she will get bigger *****?
Bovine Growth Hormone (Somatotrophin rBST), they give it to dairy cows to produce more milk, it mutated and now it causes big boobies in young women that drink lots of milk...I'm serious.

Last edited by jrcart; 10-27-2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by jrcart
Just thought I would throw this in concerning all the A/F ratio talk about Andy's tunes. It just so happens that I have an A/F meter guage on my car, I had it installed with my NOS as an extra safety measure. I am happy to report that my car is operating well within safe numbers, about 12.6 on average.

Can you give details? I dunno if the 63 is different but it is a PAIn to get good A/F on the 55k without sticking a tube outside. Is yours tapped in? I think that may be worth doing even without NOS, since I play with fuels on my car...
Old 10-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by jangy
Can you give details? I dunno if the 63 is different but it is a PAIn to get good A/F on the 55k without sticking a tube outside. Is yours tapped in? I think that may be worth doing even without NOS, since I play with fuels on my car...
Wideband O2 sensor into your exhaust pre cats. Fairly common practice. All you have to do is weld a bung into your exhaust
Old 10-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Bovine Growth Hormone (Somatotrophin rBST), they give it to dairy cows to produce more milk, it mutated and now it causes big boobies in young women that drink lots of milk...I'm serious.
You do know your hormones, don't you?

Quick test....what is the lower cased "r" for? Ahhhh, the power of the internet.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes it is tapped in, I am not sure of the deatails but I can give you the name of the guy that installed it, he can give you all the details. If I am not mistaken it is read at two seperate pick-up points as well (for accuracy), at least something like that rings a bell with me. To be honest I don't pay much attention to the gauge since (contrary to poular belief) I don't spray very often.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Wideband O2 sensor into your exhaust pre cats. Fairly common practice. All you have to do is weld a bung into your exhaust

Before the primary cat, right?
Do I buy them at auto parts or is it an order thing?
Do I buy a kit or is the scanner side independent?
This can't cost that much and I was tapping the intake for the air pressures anyways.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I disagree, Human Behavior 101: 90% of the worlds population would sell their sole to the devil (Andy, not calling you the devil, LOL) if they thought it would give them the upper hand in any personal or business/carrer situation. You guys will be lining up for MHP tunes in the very near future regardless of his attitude or remarks on this forum. Most of the guys (and gals) on this forum are a competetive bunch, they are not going to stand buy and watch the world pass them by, if there is a better product available they will buy it regardless. I can tell you that my car feels like a different animal, the thing revs so fast I am having a hard time paddle shifting it. The shift light that came on the car is useless because by the time it lights up and you react you are pegging the rev limiter. The area of biggest suprise is the TCU, the shifts are super fast and firm. As for power gains, I will tell you for sure when I get it on a dyno.
Gotta disagree.

I would never buy from anyone that I thought acted like a 16 year old on crack.............or the typical M3 owner. I'm not usually an early adopter because the outcome is usually money flushed down the toilet. I'm not going to put up thousands of dollars for someone that is new to Mercedes tuning, and probably never worked on a benz until six months ago.

The fact is, when something new is released by a tuner then 2 things happen: 1) After several months or a year people realize that it doesn't work as promised, and/or tears up a car. 2) It actually works, and starts to get copied by others. Then you have several tuners that offer a similar product.

Maybe Andy found some magical code that can never be replicated, and won't have any affect on reliability. I think I'll wait until spring to decide.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Quick test....what is the lower cased "r" for? Ahhhh, the power of the internet.
r= recombanant
Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
If I am not mistaken it is read at two seperate pick-up points as well (for accuracy), at least something like that rings a bell with me. To be honest I don't pay much attention to the gauge since (contrary to poular belief) I don't spray very often.
I've heard of many getting bad data from just tapping one, but I'll see. Some data is better than none for me.
Not just for spray. Where are you at towards redline? Is it dipping or flat until shut off? Whats your rev limit?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This can't cost that much and I was tapping the intake for the air pressures anyways.
It's a very inexpensive mod, I think parts and labor cost me $375.00 if I'm not mistaken.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
r= recombanant
Good job. Bad spelling, but good job none the less.

You invest in pharma? Not stocks, but invest. That "r", depending on the source, is becoming HUGE business these days.

Sorry for the OT. I'm out.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've heard of many getting bad data from just tapping one, but I'll see. Some data is better than none for me.
Not just for spray. Where are you at towards redline? Is it dipping or flat until shut off? Whats your rev limit?
It moves all over the place, probably fluxuates from 11.6-12.9 depending on throttle position. I am only concerned with on throttle or full throttle readings since this is the only time the NOS is "primed"
Old 10-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Yes before the primary cat. You cna order them online. Mine is from Innovate Motorsports. I only tapped into one bank because to my knowledge you would need two widebands and gauges to read both banks. I was told both banks should read very consistent anyway. They sould cost $300 or so for parts

r= recombanant
That is correct
Old 10-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
It moves all over the place, probably fluxuates from 11.6-12.9 depending on throttle position. I am only concerned with on throttle or full throttle readings since this is the only time the NOS is "primed"

Damn, you stay lean. The 55ks have a hard time not going rich up top. I need Air (me thinks). I tried oxygenated gas and it was fun
Old 10-27-2008, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I hear they dump Fluoride in our water to help with our teeth. They must put something else in the water too cuz you cant tell if a girl is over 18 anymore! Can you tell me what that is so that maybe if I put it in my gf's water she will get bigger *****?
Knock her up...that always works...

Tom
Old 10-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by TMC M5

Tom
Actually, it does.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:47 AM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Damn, you stay lean. The 55ks have a hard time not going rich up top. I need Air (me thinks). I tried oxygenated gas and it was fun
Jangy,
That is far from lean as far as N/A tunes go.

You want a dual band A/F meter from FAST or Innovative. They are around $350-420. you weld bungs in before the primary cats (which is tough on an OEM exhaust, if you have headers it will help) just aft of the collectors. I would suggest DB vs SB since one bank will typically read leaner due to the fuel systems on most cars. We always tune for the leaner bank.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by TMC M5

Tom
Yea umm... no
Old 10-27-2008, 11:55 AM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Gotta disagree.

I would never buy from anyone that I thought acted like a 16 year old on crack.............or the typical M3 owner. I'm not usually an early adopter because the outcome is usually money flushed down the toilet. I'm not going to put up thousands of dollars for someone that is new to Mercedes tuning, and probably never worked on a benz until six months ago.
Funny how the Bentley crowd an Porsche GT3 cup teams don't have that issue with us.

The fact is, when something new is released by a tuner then 2 things happen: 1) After several months or a year people realize that it doesn't work as promised, and/or tears up a car. 2) It actually works, and starts to get copied by others. Then you have several tuners that offer a similar product.
Software doesn't work like that. 1) It either works initially/at all, or it doesn't. Ours has proven to work in multiple apps with more data on the way every day. 2) If anyone attempts to copy our code we will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. We are deadly serious about keeping our code proprietary, as we have spent countless hours and a significant sum of $ doing what we do.

Maybe Andy found some magical code that can never be replicated, and won't have any affect on reliability. I think I'll wait until spring to decide.
It's not magical code, it's just an out of the box approach that allows us to delve much further into the ECU and TCU than anyone else to date.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2008, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by MHP
FWIW, I'll be away from the computer until 7-8pm tonight. Going to pick up my new pup (dog really) an 8 YO Boston Terrier rescue. If anyone needs me I'll have my cell with me as always 614 940 9523.

Thanks
I didn't realize you were working from Eastern Europe today...

Tom
Old 10-27-2008, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MHP
Funny how the Bentley crowd an Porsche GT3 cup teams don't have that issue with us.

Software doesn't work like that. 1) It either works initially/at all, or it doesn't. Ours has proven to work in multiple apps with more data on the way every day. 2) If anyone attempts to copy our code we will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. We are deadly serious about keeping our code proprietary, as we have spent countless hours and a significant sum of $ doing what we do.

It's not magical code, it's just an out of the box approach that allows us to delve much further into the ECU and TCU than anyone else to date.

Thanks

What I'm referring to is that given how the ECU/TCU is tuned (very aggressive by your own words) is that it might cause component failure in time. Who knows? I, for one, wouldn't want to be a guinea pig (early adopter).

I'll be honest, I don't know how ECU tuning works, but I do know that most tuning companies offer a similar ECU tune. I also know that at least two companies are working on TCU tuning. I guess we'll see if they'll be able to offer something similar.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by MHP
...FWIW, from what I've found these forums really aren't that different regardless of genre of vehicle. You have a cross sectional slice of life demographically speaking with varying amounts of practical knowledge and BS which makes for entertaining threads/posts to say the least.
you're a newcomer so you have no idea. up until just a few short months ago, this was one of the most respectable and peaceful places to visit. i used to hang out at several forums...srt8, bmw, et all and you're right about those...they were no different than the mustang, corvette, or any other car forum with the amount of bs you had to wade through. unfortunately now we're just another b*tch fest like all the rest. sad!
Old 10-27-2008, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by indyjoe
What I'm referring to is that given how the ECU/TCU is tuned (very aggressive by your own words) is that it might cause component failure in time. Who knows? I, for one, wouldn't want to be a guinea pig (early adopter).

I'll be honest, I don't know how ECU tuning works, but I do know that most tuning companies offer a similar ECU tune. I also know that at least two companies are working on TCU tuning. I guess we'll see if they'll be able to offer something similar.
Any and all mods put undue stress on a vehicle. I think most of us realize the risks involved when we mod our cars, at least I do. To be honest I suprised I have not snapped and axle or chewed up my rear-end yet. Anyone that believes there is ANY high performance mod that is 100% as safe as stock is living in fantasyland!

I obviously don't mind being the guinea pig, somebody has to do it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's time!! VRP700 VS MHP. Tuner showdown at Sacto. 10/25/08