Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Andy:

I have no doubt that you have great customer service and professionalism when dealing directly with them. My point is that there a bunch of people who will never find that out because they read some of the responses on here and will walk away with a bad feeling about you/MHP. In business perception is more important than reality... no more lecturing from me

Tom
Couldnt be more true. EVERY post MHP is in has all kinds of BS with it. some I agree is not MHPs fault but he is the "professional" here he should act like it. Maybe MHP shouldnt respond to every thing said? MHP has been here 2 months and has 2000 posts and they are mostly fighting with people.
True I am not in the market for a tune ( I have had 4) but I was watching to see what became of the claims he made with alot of intrest. You never know if thoes claims are all legit MHP could turn ALOT of people all of the sudden to "in the market"

Seriously I know MHP dont care but I would never buy a tune from them just by the way he carrys his self on this board.

Now lets get back to JIMS thread.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
My car's best run is 11.403 @ 121.59 mph (w/ Jason driving_. mine was 11.499 when the DA was about 300+ higher). No the car was not 100% stock... drag radials, CM030, BMC filters and some tweaking... let's just say I have spent less than $2K on performance parts...installed.

Tom
Damn what mods do you have? I'm pretty much set on doing pulleys and a tuner....should I do more? (and HE/pump too btw).
Old 10-27-2008, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by The Godfather
Damn what mods do you have? I'm pretty much set on doing pulleys and a tuner....should I do more? (and HE/pump too btw).

It is called the V12TT mod

Tom
Old 10-27-2008, 12:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Every post with MHP in its title I have read lately makes me sick. This sponsor has taken this forum to a turn for the worse. Perhaps this type of behavior is considered normal on other forums, but it sure wasn’t the case here before. I will intentionally ignore all of them as not to read any more Andy's responses that appears to me as written vomit.
FWIW, I found MHP posts and responses to be the least professional on this board. I am surprised to find that some members here mistake that for confidence in ones product.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.

Tom
Oh you've got a CL65... DOH!
Old 10-27-2008, 12:54 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
If I was your attorney and you were in the midst of legal action....I would advise you to not address the topic in a public forum...since I am not... go ahead and do whatever you want....another case of Andy being Andy

Tom
That's as much as I'll say now or in the future regarding that issue. If it continues it will be in court not on the net.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by The Godfather
Oh you've got a CL65... DOH!
It is a great platform to start with...until very recently (pre-MarkoCL65) there weren't any real performance parts except RENNtech airboxes and a bunch of tunes. I want to keep my car pretty close to stock and still get close to the 10's. We shall see.

Tom
Old 10-27-2008, 12:58 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
Couldnt be more true. EVERY post MHP is in has all kinds of BS with it. some I agree is not MHPs fault but he is the "professional" here he should act like it. Maybe MHP shouldnt respond to every thing said? MHP has been here 2 months and has 2000 posts and they are mostly fighting with people.
True I am not in the market for a tune ( I have had 4) but I was watching to see what became of the claims he made with alot of intrest. You never know if thoes claims are all legit MHP could turn ALOT of people all of the sudden to "in the market"

Seriously I know MHP dont care but I would never buy a tune from them just by the way he carrys his self on this board.

Now lets get back to JIMS thread.
Maybe I respond to too many posts, I'm probably guilty of that, but as you alluded to there are a lot of members that hate for various reasons. No one likes to hear (either directly or indirectly) that a product they currently have and paid for is inferior. I can understand that, but it still doesn't justify the end result IMO anyway.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2008, 12:59 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by DirtyVegasMB
FWIW, I found MHP posts and responses to be the least professional on this board. I am surprised to find that some members here mistake that for confidence in ones product.
You call it being unprofessional, I call it being honest. I guess it's all about perception.

Last edited by MHP; 10-27-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I was feeling the market for a tune, ECU was all really. True enough, like I posted back about 4-5 pages ago I said seeing so much controversy and rants with MHP involved (and some others) it made them all look bad. That's the perception part. From a distance you can't tell the fool from the solid party.

On the flip, MHP (Andy) has been very honest, friendly, and forward in questions I have asked him regarding a ECU tune. On this thread it went nuts, and people keep inciting.

Perhaps we should get back OT and get this competition done and wait for real results.

Honestly, I would like to see comparisons of all tuners with real data to see who is really best. (Kleeman, Renntech, VRP, MHP, etc.) That would end the debate, no? This could be a friendly way to show comparisons, and not get nasty either. Just MT.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:33 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by bigben320e
Honestly, I would like to see comparisons of all tuners with real data to see who is really best. (Kleeman, Renntech, VRP, MHP, etc.) That would end the debate, no? This could be a friendly way to show comparisons, and not get nasty either. Just MT.
I've been asking for this (tuner shootout) for months even offered to comp our tune if a competitor agreed to do the same in exchange for dyno/track data before MIR and a head to head race there; it was the literally the perfect opportunity. Less no one has stepped up, and I've got $ that says no one will. Unfortunate to say the least.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by MHP
I've been asking for this (tuner shootout) for months even offered to comp our tune if a competitor agreed to do the same in exchange for dyno/track data before MIR and a head to head race there; it was the literally the perfect opportunity. Less no one has stepped up, and I've got $ that says no one will. Unfortunate to say the least.
"other" tuners already have proven results...and have years of accumulated real data to show for it so they likely don't see the need to pound their chest here. i also doubt they're as afraid of your tune as you make them out. the realistic side of them not getting involved here is that they're probably a bit more diplomatic in their online business approach.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:37 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
"other" tuners already have proven results...and have years of accumulated real data to show for it so they likely don't see the need to pound their chest here. i also doubt they're as afraid of your tune as you make them out. the realistic side of them not getting involved here is that they're probably a bit more diplomatic in their online business approach.
LOL if you say so. If I were in their shoes I probably wouldn't respond either, as it is they stand to lose a lot, why expedite the process?
We have Renntech v MHP and PC v MHP dyno results coming in from an E63 and CLK BS 63 this week. After MIR there will be no debate.
I know you don't put much stake in owner testimony/dynos but it's not like there's a "Kinda, sorta" difference being felt from our customers, it's more on the order of "Holy ****". Unfortunately most tracks in the northern Midwest (IL, OH) are closed already. Again MIR should supply you with all the track data you can handle.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2008, 03:02 AM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by bigben320e
I was feeling the market for a tune, ECU was all really. True enough, like I posted back about 4-5 pages ago I said seeing so much controversy and rants with MHP involved (and some others) it made them all look bad. That's the perception part. From a distance you can't tell the fool from the solid party.

On the flip, MHP (Andy) has been very honest, friendly, and forward in questions I have asked him regarding a ECU tune. On this thread it went nuts, and people keep inciting.

Perhaps we should get back OT and get this competition done and wait for real results.

I feel your pain!! I sat on the sidelines for 8+ months of ownership (record for me) before taking the plunge. I like what I hear out of MHP but in the end (E55 owner) there was no data to support the claims on my platform. VRP has shown that they know the way. LET has proven track performance and I find that there pulley design to be the best I have seen. What really sold me on LET is the 100% money back and remote custom dyno tuning.

In the end expect the 3 smaller guys (MHP, LET and VRP) to be the best choice for service. Depending on what you want to do that may help you narrow down your choices.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo

Tom
Yup yup! and both 65/600 v12 TT share intercoolers/airboxes...I'm going for the 65 Heat Exchanger + Johnson CM30 pump VRP's upgraded intercoolers/airboxes then ECU & run at 1 of the better tracks up north to see if my SL600 that weighs 300+ lbs less than the heavier CL65 can get into those magically 10's as well
Old 10-27-2008, 08:28 AM

Ford 4x4, daily
Andy:

I have no doubt that you have great customer service and professionalism when dealing directly with them. My point is that there a bunch of people who will never find that out because they read some of the responses on here and will walk away with a bad feeling about you/MHP. In business perception is more important than reality... no more lecturing from me

Tom
i saw the first part of the equation and then skipped past the other 150 posts or so to get to the results of the original purpose of this thread. yes there is a lot of garbage in this thread, and mhp is in the midst of it.
however in seeing how it started, i find it very easy to see how most of us here would react in the very same manner(even if some would not post their reaction for all to see).

if your competitor told your client how to install, work, use your product i am very sure that 98% of you would react in the same defensive or offensive manner(publicly/privately) as mhp!

i really dont see a problem with the mhp reaction in this thread. some of the mindless banter afterward was uncalled for. but then again a lot of you like pouring salt in a wound.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Andy:

He isn't conducting his business on this forum...you are... it doesn't help you cause...believe me there are a ton of people who will never do business with you because of your responses on here. Sure you have people coming to you for tunes....but you could have had alot more... I know you don't care...but it is a valid point nonetheless.

Tom
I disagree, Human Behavior 101: 90% of the worlds population would sell their sole to the devil (Andy, not calling you the devil, LOL) if they thought it would give them the upper hand in any personal or business/carrer situation. You guys will be lining up for MHP tunes in the very near future regardless of his attitude or remarks on this forum. Most of the guys (and gals) on this forum are a competetive bunch, they are not going to stand buy and watch the world pass them by, if there is a better product available they will buy it regardless. I can tell you that my car feels like a different animal, the thing revs so fast I am having a hard time paddle shifting it. The shift light that came on the car is useless because by the time it lights up and you react you are pegging the rev limiter. The area of biggest suprise is the TCU, the shifts are super fast and firm. As for power gains, I will tell you for sure when I get it on a dyno.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Originally Posted by MHP
...Unfortunately most tracks in the northern Midwest (IL, OH) are closed already....
Well, FWIW, Milan Dragway (in Michigan, 27 miles north of Toledo) will be open until November 15.

"No ET Nationals" are being held this upcoming Saturday (Nov 1). Test & Tune sessions will be held this Wednesday (Oct 29) and the next two Saturdays (Nov 8 and 15).

The forecast for this Wednesday and Saturday calls for cool and dry weather, so the DA should be down around zero. Track prep at Milan is usually good, too.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Originally Posted by jrcart
I disagree, Human Behavior 101: 90% of the worlds population would sell their sole to the devil (Andy, not calling you the devil, LOL) if they thought it would give them the upper hand in any personal or business/carrer situation. You guys will be lining up for MHP tunes in the very near future regardless of his attitude or remarks on this forum. Most of the guys (and gals) on this forum are a competetive bunch, they are not going to stand buy and watch the world pass them by, if there is a better product available they will buy it regardless. I can tell you that my car feels like a different animal, the thing revs so fast I am having a hard time paddle shifting it. The shift light that came on the car is useless because by the time it lights up and you react you are pegging the rev limiter. The area of biggest suprise is the TCU, the shifts are super fast and firm. As for power gains, I will tell you for sure when I get it on a dyno.
+1

I was gonna say the same thing, when everyone is beating you left and right cause of a tune or close or that , your gonna jump ship and forget about the posts. Give up performace because of forum posts? I dont think so lol.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by DirtyVegasMB
Every post with MHP in its title I have read lately makes me sick. This sponsor has taken this forum to a turn for the worse. Perhaps this type of behavior is considered normal on other forums, but it sure wasn’t the case here before. I will intentionally ignore all of them as not to read any more Andy's responses that appears to me as written vomit.
It truly reminds me of the lxforums...which surprisingly enough is where Andy came from.

I used to have a 300C, so I would visit those forums also. It is a rough crowd around the mod areas with a lot of chest pumping. I am sure Andy had to be very tough to survive there.

What he should be realising about now is that the Mercedes forums are a lot more refined just as the automobiles are...and as such should adjust his attitude and responses accordingly. I believe it will help in the long run.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by jrcart
I have to disagree with your disagreement. Not everyone is as hardcore as you...otherwise every CLK63 BS would be running around with $50K in mods. Ultimate performance is not everyone's goal. I will probably never do Marko's I/C and intake mods... if I can get into the 10's I would be more than happy, if not oh well I still have a pretty fast car. I think there are others who want their car to meet a certain performance goal...not necessarily be the fastest. There are other considerations such as price... when you factor that, along with all the perceived "negative" posting, it may have a much more profound impact taken collectively. The fact is people have stated that they won't ever do business with them...whether they all stick to it or not is another issue... but it would probably have to be a REALLY significant difference in performance to sway those people. Time and timeslips will tell.. (wow I like that one...I think I may have to copyright it... )

Tom
Old 10-27-2008, 10:38 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jmf003
Well, FWIW, Milan Dragway (in Michigan, 27 miles north of Toledo) will be open until November 15.

"No ET Nationals" are being held this upcoming Saturday (Nov 1). Test & Tune sessions will be held this Wednesday (Oct 29) and the next two Saturdays (Nov 8 and 15).

The forecast for this Wednesday and Saturday calls for cool and dry weather, so the DA should be down around zero. Track prep at Milan is usually good, too.
I may try to make the 8th (3 days after my Bday) in prep for 11/15 at MIR. Thanks!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:40 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Timeless
It truly reminds me of the lxforums...which surprisingly enough is where Andy came from.
Sorry brother, never registered on that site. I read a few threads there, and yes, they were bad overall. I do sponsor one SRT8 Forum but I hardly post there anymore, as there are a ridiculous amount of members with our tuning and they are quite happy posting their feelings on a near daily basis.
Once all the initial hype, drama is over I'm sure I'll find a more relaxed role here as well.

I used to have a 300C, so I would visit those forums also. It is a rough crowd around the mod areas with a lot of chest pumping. I am sure Andy had to be very tough to survive there.

What he should be realising about now is that the Mercedes forums are a lot more refined just as the automobiles are...and as such should adjust his attitude and responses accordingly. I believe it will help in the long run.
FWIW, from what I've found these forums really aren't that different regardless of genre of vehicle. You have a cross sectional slice of life demographically speaking with varying amounts of practical knowledge and BS which makes for entertaining threads/posts to say the least.

Last edited by MHP; 10-27-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:04 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
FWIW, I'll be away from the computer until 7-8pm tonight. Going to pick up my new pup (dog really) an 8 YO Boston Terrier rescue. If anyone needs me I'll have my cell with me as always 614 940 9523.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by jangy
If I could tell you what is being dumped in the water in your area and Chicago that is making so many of YOU act this way, I would. It ain't pretty or subtle.
I hear they dump Fluoride in our water to help with our teeth. They must put something else in the water too cuz you cant tell if a girl is over 18 anymore! Can you tell me what that is so that maybe if I put it in my gf's water she will get bigger *****?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's time!! VRP700 VS MHP. Tuner showdown at Sacto. 10/25/08