MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
1:14pm, hot off the street: 1.79, 7.55@95.86, 11.66@119.39

1:26pm: 1.80, 7.64@95.69, 11.78@118.73

3:02pm: 1.75, 7.47@96.01, 11.59@119.75

3:34pm: 1.77, 7.55@96.08, 11.68@119.00

3:48pm: 1.77, 7.59@94.77, 11.72@119.18

Andy Thanks for the detailed response it really helps me.

Im convinced now that although it was very cold out your engine internals were too hot for maximum HP. I think you are squeezing alot out of your C63 and I for one am impressed with your times.

After your detailed description of the day I know now it is not your tune slowing the car in the back 1/8th. Once again check your splits in the fastest 63 thread, you are right there with JT55 and then you loose a little up top.

I believe the 63 likes making two passes, then rest for at least 45m. From the 800 plus passes I made in my car seemed like I achieved my best times either on pass #1 or on a pass after a looooong rest.

You are so right on the higher octane, you gotta do a couple runs for the car to recognize the change.

While I understand the frustration with not seeing gains from a tune or a mod, it seems easier to keep working it out , tweaking , not tweaking like is happening in this thread. Immediately placing blame on the customer or the tuner is spinning your wheels. We are in this together and while I am not Andy's customer I can clearly see he is devoted to this and it is great he uses his OWN car as the test car , LOL.

Discusssion is valued and I gain alot from reading this thread as do others but the pot shots from both sides are discouraging.

To all attendees: I have a high level of respect for those that travelled so far and spent so much. Some amazing things happened, the VRP 65 nearly broke the alltime speed record and likely does not even need -2k DA. Ahmad, and Baller shocked the hell out of me with the near 10 passes. And yes I am encouraged by the 63 performance. Famoso on Dec 13th will tell alot about how good the MHP tune is.

Last edited by juicee63; 11-25-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Congrats to Andy / MPH, the c63 is moving . I think it's time for a 200 wet shot.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Can someone clarify some things for me? I'm still confused.

Andy claimed that MHP is responsible for 3 of the fastest 63's? But didn't Jim's car run faster before MHP "tuned" his car in worse conditions both on and off bottle? Wasn't it "faster" as an EVO and Powerchip car?

Is JT's car just a tune, or does it have other mods?

AS Andy has already stated I was having some tire issues on Saturday, I'm not making excuses and have already reported this in other threads but I will explain here again. My first pass of the day was a N/A pass with the MT's mounted up. I approached the line and used my normal launch technique, due to the best prepped launch pad I have ever seen I got insane amounts of traction which allowed no hazing of the tires which resulted in bogging me down and killing my revs, my first pass was an 11.67.

I went back to the trailer added 3 pounds of air to each tirem, my thinking was that I actually need a little less traction out of the hole. I proceeded back to the staging area to attempt another pass. Same launch technique, a tiny bit of wheel spin a slightly better 60' and an 11.55 e/t.

Obviously not happy with these results I went back to my trailer and my friend suggested switching back to my Corsa tires, maybe they will launch better, so we mounted them back up. I let the car cool for 45 minutes and proceed back to the line, I adjusted my lauch, I have a launch for slicks and a launch for Corsas. Light goes green and I smoke the tires and shut down. I decide to hot lap and head back to the line. I launch at an even lower RPM get a decent 1.80 60' but then break the tires loose further down the track.

At this point I am frustrated and since I arrived to the track so late, it's about 3:00pm and I decide the hell with N/A passes I switch over to NOS, I hook up the bottle and swich the tires back to the MT's. I decide to begin with only a 70 shot and the 100 octane N/A ECU installed in the car. I proceed to the line, I get a great 1.68 60' but end up breaking the tires loose around the 1000 ft marker, my time was an 11.40. I hot lap head back to staging, have my freind air my tires down 2 pounds and I proceed to the line where I rip off a 1.66 60' feels like a great run but again the tires break loose towards the 1000' I end up rolling out of the throttle for a split second and still manage an 11.13 @127.

As I stated before I have nobody to blame except myself, I showed up very late and I did not get enough passes to get the feel of the extra HP and the reduced weight of the car. This was my first time at the track since getting the MHP tune, and the crank pulley and 250 pounds in weight reductions.

Give me a few weeks, I'm going 10.7's with the car the way it sits now, I just need to soften up the suspension and get some skinnier tires up front. I almost wish I would have let a couple people drive it so they could see and feel first hand what I am talking about.

........stay tuned

Last edited by jrcart; 11-25-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Jim,
love the ride...yeah sounds like you had some issues....You will get a chance to redeem yourself if you so choose...
But as it stands, as you know, round 1 goes to Ahmad. He won, regardless of circumstances. Though you guys never actually raced head to head he had the best time for the day. Its too bad you guys didnt make it to the track until much later since you didnt get a chance to get a feel for the track and figure out what was gonna work for you. Next time get there early.

We all need to try and put together an early spring MIR event again ad go for round 2. This time actually get you an ahmad on the line together to go heads up. Maybe a best 2 out of 3 instead of just one race....

Anyway was a great time. We need to try and put another of these events together soon!

Originally Posted by jrcart
AS Andy has already stated I was having some tire issues on Saturday, I'm not making excuses and have already reported this in other threads but I will explain here again. My first pass of the day was a N/A pass with the MT's mounted up. I approached the line and used my normal launch technique, due to the best prepped launch pad I have ever seen I got insane amounts of traction which allowed no hazing of the tires which resulted in bogging me down and killing my revs, my first pass was an 11.67.

I went back to the trailer added 3 pounds of air to each tirem, my thinking was that I actually need a little less traction out of the hole. I proceeded back to the staging area to attempt another pass. Same launch technique, a tiny bit of wheel spin a slightly better 60' and an 11.55 e/t.

Obviously not happy with these results I went back to my trailer and my friend suggested switching back to my Corsa tires, maybe they will launch better, so we mounted them back up. I let the car cool for 45 minutes and proceed back to the line, I adjusted my lauch, I have a launch for slicks and a launch for Corsas. Light goes green and I smoke the tires and shut down. I decide to hot lap and head back to the line. I launch at an even lower RPM get a decent 1.80 60' but then break the tires loose further down the track.

At this point I am frustrated and since I arrived to the track so late, it's about 3:00pm and I decide the hell with N/A passes I switch over to NOS, I hook up the bottle and swich the tires back to the MT's. I decide to begin with only a 70 shot and the 100 octane N/A ECU installed in the car. I proceed to the line, I get a great 1.78 60' but end up breaking the tires loose around the 1000 ft marker, my time was an 11.40. I hot lap head back to staging, have my freind air my tires down 2 pounds and I proceed to the line where I rip off a 1.66 60' feels like a great run but again the tires break loose towards the 1000' I end up rolling out of the throttle for a split second and still manage an 11.13 @127.

As I stated before I have nobody to blame except myself, I showed up very late and I did not get enough passes to get the feel of the extra HP and the reduced weight of the car. This was my first time at the track since getting the MHP tune, and the crank pulley and 250 pounds in weight reductions.

Give me a few weeks, I'm going 10.7's with the car the way it sits now, I just need to soften up the suspension and get some skinnier tires up front. I almost wish I would have let a couple people drive it so they could see and feel first hand what I am talking about.

........stay tuned
Old 11-25-2008, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
Jim,
love the ride...yeah sounds like you had some issues....You will get a chance to redeem yourself if you so choose...
But as it stands, as you know, round 1 goes to Ahmad. He won, regardless of circumstances. Though you guys never actually raced head to head he had the best time for the day. Its too bad you guys didnt make it to the track until much later since you didnt get a chance to get a feel for the track and figure out what was gonna work for you. Next time get there early.

We all need to try and put together an early spring MIR event again ad go for round 2. This time actually get you an ahmad on the line together to go heads up. Maybe a best 2 out of 3 instead of just one race....

Anyway was a great time. We need to try and put another of these events together soon!

I agree, I admitted defeat and congratulated Ahmad on MB world just a couple hours after the event ended in a post. It is Ahmad and even more so his loser poor sport friends that have the issue. I offer Ahmad a money race yesterday but he declined...that shows me one thing and one thing only, he knows he got lucky and he knows I was having issues. One of his flunkies video taped one of my passes and posted it and you can clearly hear my revs shoot thru the roof as my tires go up in smoke way down the track and then you hear me roll off the trottle and then roll back into it....yet Ahmad says my tires were not breaking loose.

Bottom line, I lost on Saturday, Ahmad won...hats off to him, but if he and his flunkies are that confident that my car is slow they should put up the loot for the money race.

Take a look at the vid below and let me know what you think....and Ahmad says I was not breaking loose or letting off LOL......!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahmad, what do you think now?

Do they make a "Staging For Dummies" book? LOL! Ahmad and the 1 min. 30 second stage, the burn out you see on vid was my second burnout........

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=HPIM1807.flv

Last edited by jrcart; 11-25-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I wont get involved in your childish games and name calling. Nor will I go back and forth refuting your false claims. All I have to say to you is RUN YOUR CAR NOT YOUR MOUTH!!! You got beat by a car running pump gas and no nitrous compared to your race gas and nitrous. That is embarassing to say the least.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I wont get involved in your childish games and name calling. Nor will I go back and forth refuting your false claims. All I have to say to you is RUN YOUR CAR NOT YOUR MOUTH!!! You got beat by a car running pump gas and no nitrous compared to your race gas and nitrous. That is embarassing to say the least.
FALSE CLAIMS? ARE YOU AGAIN SAYING MY TIRES WERE NOT BREAKING LOOSE...OPEN YOUR EYES AND EARS

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS.......YOU THINK YOU KNOW IT ALL? YOU SAY I WAS NOT BREAKING MY TIRES LOOSE? THERE"S THE VID PROOF FROM YOUR FAT FLUNKY FRIEND.

AHMAD, YOU ARE THE ONE SLINGING MUD, I CONCEEDED AND CONGRATULATED YOU, YOU AND ALL THE OTHER-BUST OUT LOSERS ON YOUR CRAPPY FORUM WERE THE ONE'S THAT HAD TO KEEP IT GOING. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS. CAN YOU GET TO ATCO ON FRIDAY? I'LL SKIP THANKSGIVING TO PUT A BEATING ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR MONEY.

P.S LEARN HOW TO STAGE A CAR IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jrcart; 11-25-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
Jim, heard the video and your right you can hear your exhaust and you let off and back on again...

Ahmad still beat your best time for the day. I really wish, as you probably do, that you had gotten there early in the day like the rest of us. You would have been able to get a good feel for the track and there would have been more opportunity for you to get better times....Not that they were bad, just not good enough around here as you know...
Anyway I hope we can actually get a rematch together sometime soon. Doesnt need to be a money race, but would be nice to see the 2 fastest CLK's have a shootout of best out of ? round.

I tip my hat to both of you for setting new records and hope that the bickering can just calm down for now. Maybe we all need to start focusing on a new race date for us to have another event. Maybe this next time actually coordinate getting there early and actually having a shotout.

Anyway, Jim, Ahmad...great times!
Old 11-25-2008, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
Jim, heard the video and your right you can hear your exhaust and you let off and back on again.
I guess Ahmad can't hear too well...He can't stage too well either

Last edited by jrcart; 11-25-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
....I offer Ahmad a money race yesterday but he declined...that shows me one thing and one thing only, he knows he got lucky and he knows I was having issues...
Jim, dude that is a bit of a stretch. How about insults aside, you at least tell us what you want to do differently that will make you even close to Ahmad's car? Also, Jim, PLEASE!! Lets keep this civil and understand that NOS runs simply don't count here (fair or not). As it stands, it does look like you talked a good talk and failed to walk. You acknowledge that and even point to some reasons why. I'm still confused on how you feel you left half a second out there. I assume most of the issue is the wheels spinning at speed? Did it do the same on the road, or is it a tire thing. Like Ahmad, many of us simply don't see the tires going loose at such speed, when you aren't even having any traction issues on the hole shot. That is simply opinion, though and now I am hearing your side and listening. Jim, again, please keep it civil. I told you the first time we got into it that there is no need for it. Let's talk cars and brag, ok?

Also, Jim, I watched the video and it doesn't prove anything (for either side). Sound like you may have missed a gear and then let off? Either way, lets let inconclusive data be just that. No need to argue over nuances, since they don't add half a second.
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Jim,

Chill my man, you get so frustrated your gonna bust a vein in your head. Your car is fast and you know it. Go get your 10sec non-nos pass and I can assure you that Ahmad is man enough to congratulate you. We are all just a bunch of enthusiasts like you, even the ones on AD are all hardcore guys and enjoy the hobby just as much as you. There is no need to go ballistic. You want to shut "everyone up", then "go get the numbers, I can assure you you will be congratulated.

Jay
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
AHMAD, YOU ARE THE ONE SLINGING MUD, I CONCEEDED AND CONGRATULATED YOU, YOU AND ALL THE OTHER-BUST OUT LOSERS ON YOUR CRAPPY FORUM WERE THE ONE'S THAT HAD TO KEEP IT GOING. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS. CAN YOU GET TO ATCO ON FRIDAY? I'LL SKIP THANKSGIVING TO PUT A BEATING ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR MONEY.
Only some people keep it going. Not all of us. Unfortunately for you Jim, since you lost and couldnt better Ahmads times you are going to have to deal with a little slack as you did talk a lot of smack about beating him @ MIR and didnt. You got to the track late, didnt get enough practice and couldnt beat him. Thats life....Just start planning for the next event!

no hard feelings here.... and I wont keep this going....
Old 11-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I guess Ahmad can't hear too well...guess his turbin is on too tight
I wont get involved in your childish games and name calling.
A little racist are we?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I guess Ahmad can't hear too well...He can't stage too well either
Jim dude, PLEASE!!!! No!! Why do you have to get so worked up? Tell people you disagree or that they don't get it but dude, don't start with this again. Nobody gains...
Old 11-25-2008, 11:12 AM

S500
Didnt he admit to it in the other thread that you were the better driver at MIR, plus said Thank you for this marvelous event and congratulated you on your run many times, why are you still busting his ball?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A little racist are we?
I am now.........
Old 11-25-2008, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Jim i saw that ethnic slur that you quickly erased, dont go there, thats absolutely in poor taste
Old 11-25-2008, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by OceanPkwy
Didnt he admit to it in the other thread that you were the better driver at MIR, plus said Thank you for this marvelous event and congratulated you on your run many times, why are you still busting his ball?
He's nothing but a small time, crap talking, poor sport/bad winner with a car with a crappy paint job (looks like he took it to Macco), do you buff that thing with sand paper? LOL! I am offering to race him for $10,000 and he is backing down...Ahmad, if you are so sure of yourself come get your $10k from me. I will even drive back to the ghetto for you.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
Jim i saw that ethnic slur that you quickly erased, dont go there, thats absolutely in poor taste
Poor taste indeed, although it is just indicative of the free noose that Jim gets to roll with and his abuse of that benefit. I didn't realize that hardware came with benefits until Jim came along and HAMMERED it home...
Old 11-25-2008, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
g63
some awesome awesome runs...
Old 11-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Jim,

Chill my man, you get so frustrated your gonna bust a vein in your head. Your car is fast and you know it. Go get your 10sec non-nos pass and I can assure you that Ahmad is man enough to congratulate you. We are all just a bunch of enthusiasts like you, even the ones on AD are all hardcore guys and enjoy the hobby just as much as you. There is no need to go ballistic. You want to shut "everyone up", then "go get the numbers, I can assure you you will be congratulated.

Jay
Exactly. I never said Jims car was slow (what i was refering to when I said false claims). It is fast. As Jay said, I will be the first to congradulate you when you put up some numbers even though I dont like your attitude. You calling names isn't going to help your times any. Get back out there and show us what you can do.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you are right, emotions got the best of me and I edited, still does not change anything, Ahmad and all your loser friends are the idiots. We all must agree that Ahmad must be blind and deaf if he does not agree that I was breaking my tires lose at the 1000 foot marker. AHMAD, THAT'S WHAT CARS WITH REAL HP AND STIFF AS A BOARD SUSPENSION DO, BUT YOU WILL PROBABLY NEVER BE FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO OWN SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Are you guys kidding me? Another fight in the E55 forum? As Brad, myself and the other mods have stated- this is getting out of hand. You guys need to end this now.

Jim you have a PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exactly. I never said Jims car was slow (what i was refering to when I said false claims). It is fast. As Jay said, I will be the first to congradulate you when you put up some numbers even though I dont like your attitude. You calling names isn't going to help your times any. Get back out there and show us what you can do.
Ahmad, don't try and reason with me, you have a chip on your shoulder, if you are so sure your car is faster and I was not breaking loose why don't you and your flunkies put up $10,000...hell, I'll be there Friday at Atco if you agree to $5,000.....can you be there?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
you are right, emotions got the best of me and I edited.
Good for you, Jim. Mellow out with the words, not yiour passion. You can still get your point accross or even challenge wrongs without being so destructive. Let it go, bro. You are the richest, badest dude around. I will surely NEVER see the things you do, nor ever have a life like you live. OK? You da man, ok? Wyhat else do you want? People you call idiots and racial slurs aren't going to all of a suddne say that you are right. You made your point, as did Ahmad. At least talk about something with substance..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MHP MIR Recap