Sponsored by:

VRP ECU and PULLEY KIT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05' E55 AMG
VRP ECU and PULLEY KIT

Thanks to you guys, I found VRP Tuning in Costa Mesa, CA.
The owner Vadim is a very nice, professional, and experienced auto technician. He practically knows everything there is to know about Mercedes. I had the VRP pulley kit and ECU flash done with Vadim last week, and the gains were incredible! The torque is amazing I LOVE IT. I would recommend this shop to anyone. His work was extremely professional, there were no surprises or hidden fees, and he got the work done when he said it would be done. I got an awesome deal as well. If anyone needs information, or input as to the work I got done at VRP let me know. For anyone interested in getting the ECU and PULLEY done and live in Southern California I would call Vadim.

I have posted his cell number in case anyone wants some work done.
(949)584-4446
Old 12-10-2008, 05:20 PM

2005 S55 1982 300dt
Was your car tuned on the dyno or was the ECU flashed with a standard Stage 1 program?
Old 12-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
ENTIZY1: Thank you for your business and enjoy your 55!
Old 12-10-2008, 05:28 PM

E55 AMG
too bad...coz im located in vancouver,cant find any tuning shop like VRP,evosport here..how can i mod my ride...
Old 12-10-2008, 05:41 PM

Can you pm how much it all costed installed?

I've only heard of good things about them.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:00 PM

2003 cl55 (sold)
All my work done by Vadim and VRP.... #1 by far
Old 12-11-2008, 05:45 PM

somethings better left unsaid ...
if OP and Vadim don't mind we'd appreciate it if you guys could tell us how much it costs ...
Old 12-11-2008, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Ol'School
if OP and Vadim don't mind we'd appreciate it if you guys could tell us how much it costs ...
Ol School...check the VRP site...I think pricing is on there.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Here is a link to our current specials:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-specials.html
Old 12-11-2008, 06:39 PM

997.2 GT3
Did you also make cooling upgrades alongside the ECU and pulley mods?
Old 12-11-2008, 09:53 PM

2003 cl55 (sold)
Originally Posted by Point2Point
Did you also make cooling upgrades alongside the ECU and pulley mods?
Not sure if you mean me or not, probably don't, but I'll tell ya anyway Don't really have a need to because I've noticed that the temperature is not noticeably different than it was before. It would definitely add hp as an additional upgrade, but functional-wise in regards to the ecu and pulley upgrade I've found it is not necessary. Of course, in general, the more mods you do engine-wise the more engine temp will increase (which could cause problems and loss of hp). Then again, I don't take my car to the track or put it under extreme stress for extended periods of time. Of course if money was no object I would have gotten it along with everything else that VRP offers.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:50 PM

05' E55 AMG
it was the standard street tune. i am getting it dynoed next week so i will post the results. im sure he will do some minor adjustments will it is on the dyno. and yes i did have to do cooling upgrades but they are relatively inexpensive, you dont need an intercooler
Old 12-14-2008, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by ENTIZY1
Thanks to you guys, I found VRP Tuning in Costa Mesa, CA.
The owner Vadim is a very nice, professional, and experienced auto technician. He practically knows everything there is to know about Mercedes. I had the VRP pulley kit and ECU flash done with Vadim last week, and the gains were incredible! The torque is amazing I LOVE IT. I would recommend this shop to anyone. His work was extremely professional, there were no surprises or hidden fees, and he got the work done when he said it would be done. I got an awesome deal as well. If anyone needs information, or input as to the work I got done at VRP let me know. For anyone interested in getting the ECU and PULLEY done and live in Southern California I would call Vadim.

I have posted his cell number in case anyone wants some work done.
(949)584-4446
I was told I got the VRP pulley set up by Vadim, but the pullys have the OEM P/N on them(I will take picks if anyone needs but my word should be good enough) and when put side by side with another, NO SWAP was done. I have not had any good from this VRP shop AT ALL. I have had many talks with that shop and have yet to been taken care of. I have over 100 PM's with VRP (Coasta Mesa) and still NOTHING. On the other hand The Victor VRP seems to be . Sorry about the post but enough You guys here on the forum I am not one to bash but I feel I must let you all know how I feel about this shop Good or BAD. I have never posted any negatives here ever since I've been a member, over two years, so I have a lot of CASH with them and still waiting for anything, something, but nothing..

Last edited by rarfinancial; 12-15-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:26 PM

997.2 GT3
Originally Posted by ENTIZY1
it was the standard street tune. i am getting it dynoed next week so i will post the results. im sure he will do some minor adjustments will it is on the dyno. and yes i did have to do cooling upgrades but they are relatively inexpensive, you dont need an intercooler
So did you only get the CM30 pump?
Old 12-14-2008, 11:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211,E90,E66,E39,E38,NSX,Z32-TT
The VRP550 looks great. However, I'm concern about being able to pass smog. Will this kit pass the California Visual and Dynometered emission tests?

Thanks.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:04 AM

2003 cl55 (sold)
Originally Posted by AZIPOD
The VRP550 looks great. However, I'm concern about being able to pass smog. Will this kit pass the California Visual and Dynometered emission tests?

Thanks.
I don't think there is a problem with passing emissions on the VR550 package unless you have other modifications.... haven't had to do smog yet, so really can't say but I have other things as well like rear cat delete and magnaflow....

rarfinancial.... sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience..... just wanted to say that I did and thats not everybody's experience is different obviously, but I have been extremely happy with Vadim and VRP
Old 12-15-2008, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by jicl55
I don't think there is a problem with passing emissions on the VR550 package unless you have other modifications.... haven't had to do smog yet, so really can't say but I have other things as well like rear cat delete and magnaflow....

rarfinancial.... sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience..... just wanted to say that I did and thats not everybody's experience is different obviously, but I have been extremely happy with Vadim and VRP
Glad to here you have had a good experiece so far I too for the first few month, but then again every shop is great until you have a problem, that is where a great shop steps up. It's what is done and how you a treated when you do have a problem that counts, and that's where my problem begins, I sure do not want to state what is happening with VRP and myself for the past few month but to add salt to the wound, just last Monday I found out I DO NOT have VRP pulleys installed, though I was told by Vadim that HE installed them on my car why more I hope you never have a problem with him, I'm sure all will be fine.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:14 AM
Banned

S600TT, R350

Thanks.
With VR550 you will still pass smog check, several clients who had them done before had no problems.

I found out I DO NOT have VRP pulleys installed,
Rick, on 63s we replace alternator and water pump pulleys, NOT the crank pulley. I told you this in person and on a PM. Those pulleys are made to look like stock.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
With VR550 you will still pass smog check, several clients who had them done before had no problems.

Rick, on 63s we replace alternator and water pump pulleys, NOT the crank pulley. I told you this in person and on a PM. Those pulleys are made to look like stock.
I never said crank pulley (read the post) take a very close look at your own picture of the water pump pulley on the VRP website, do you see a MBZ P/N So you're saying you make the after market Water pump Pulley and then stamp a MBZ P/N on it? but not on the pulley shown on the VRP website? or is that not a picture of the pulley you sell? I thought the VR550 came with a CRANK Pulley.

Last edited by rarfinancial; 12-15-2008 at 04:09 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Old 12-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Hmmmm, I didn't know about they pulleys BUT, the easiest thing is simply to measure them.

The only crank pulley mods I have seen for the 63s was by someone trying lighter ones. What I have seen VRP offer is underdrive pulleys for the various accessories. They should simply be smaller than OEM. Honestly, i dunno if they make them or use other MB parts but it is a way to gain slight power by using less accessories.

Since these waters are muddy, I'll add a bit . Aside from tuning, I have become friends with Vadim. I guess as Rick says, adversity is where you see the bond (if any) and maybe I just got lucky here. I am also personal friends with Rick and know that he is straight up. He had issues and isn't lying. He is also NOT saying that his situation is the norm or anything of the kind. he is simply being open about HIS experience.

I guess where Rick and I differ a bit is where the responsibility lies with respect to VRP products and services, especially one off custom jobs. Keeping the VRP name on the California shop makes a huge blur. Rick, if you feel comfortable, can you please expand on just what VRP (Victor) did for you? Personally, I think VRP california needs to either go independent or fall under the VRP umbrella. Do many of the issues not come down to availability of hardware, R&D, or troubleshooting? If Vadim was truly just a distributor, then he would not be involved in trying to setup manufacturing runs, R&D of products, refinement of tunes, etc. How would a distributor be expected to play all of those roles AND run an independent shop?

So, back to Ricks point that it is how a vendor acts when things go bad that matters. Is VRP (Victor) cool for distancing himself from his cash cow at the first sign of dissent? Did VRP corporate provide the resources needed to make VRP California a success?

Anyhow, off for some popcorn for me. The truth will always surface, sooner or later....
Old 12-15-2008, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
I am not at will to say what the deal is between VRP (victor ),Vadim . I will speak to Jangy behind closed doors and if he wishes to explain more then I have no problem with that. I am in the car sales business and sometimes I am the Finance bank also, there has been times I have sold a car to a friend and have had to take it back(REPO) No hard fealings but friends are friends and busines is business. You win some you lose some take care of the problem the problem goes away, it's that easy, end of story. I respect Vadim's R&D work and all the mods he comes out with, my issue is not with his or VRP's product but more of a conduct issue. We are all men here Sorry for the high jack this is my last post on this thread.....
Old 12-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Rick, you are right. You have stock pulleys on. We took ours off when we could not get the correct belt to line up with the blower.

With regard to anything else - please take it offline. My phone number is in my signature.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:33 PM

05' E55 AMG
got my car dynoed and with 20's i put out 466 hp to the wheels and 523 trq. With stocks, I should be putting out about 475 hp and another 10 trq to the wheels.
Thanks again Vadim for all your help.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VRP ECU and PULLEY KIT