Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by The Godfather
btw Jangy is hella skinny. I'll make sure never to run my car against his lol.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E39

Someones benz
Old 01-18-2009, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by synenergy52

Someones benz
Benzboi's lookin pretty sharp...

Why did you run the renntech wheels instead of the HRE's?

Still looks AMAZING with the renntech wheels....
Old 01-18-2009, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG

Someones benz

Lookin hot!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221

Someones benz
That's mine...thanks fer the pic!

Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
Benzboi's lookin pretty sharp...

Why did you run the renntech wheels instead of the HRE's?

Still looks AMAZING with the renntech wheels....
Thanks fer the kind words buddy....

I ran with the renntech's because they are lighter then the HRE's...

Last edited by BenzoBoi; 01-18-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
That's mine...thanks fer the pic!

Thanks fer the kind words buddy....

I ran with the renntech's because they are lighter then the HRE's...

Wanna buy the renntech's? I need to sell these to make room for a new set...
PM sent
Old 01-18-2009, 10:48 PM

07 CLS 63, 87 L6,raised TITAN,62 custom beetle,72 monte carlo,2 civics
Sick pics
Old 01-18-2009, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
I spoke with Jim and he said he was running a 95-100 shot, he had .052 jets in the car in the afternoon and started with .042 jets in the am, there were only 2 passes where he had traction issues beyond the 1/8 mile. He is still mixing the tires. He does want me to mention that he did make several N/A passes in the a.m. while trying to sort out a major issue which was ultimately determined to be a battery/amp issue when spraying the car. He also made 2 N/A passes in the afternoon with his NOS ECU installed but did not spray just to see what would happen and both of those passes were quicker than his previous best N/A
e/t.

The following are his various bests of the day, note some of these occured on different passes.

Best 60' 1.612

Best trap speed. 129.85 mph

Best 1/8 mile e/t. 7.076

Best 1/8 mile trap speed. 100.26

Best e/t. 11.049

Best N/A e/t. 11.348 @ 121.95

He also wanted me to point out that he ran an 11.053 @ 126.63 at 2:10 pm and the DA was approaching 2000 at that time, this was a pass that several of you witnessed him having to get out of early because the car would not shift, he feels this was his best pass of the day and should have been a high 10.8 pass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my post from another thread in response to the above remarks.

A .042 NOS JET with a dry nos setup would get you roughly 80 hp to the fly and 68hp to the wheels and a .052 jet would get you 122 hp to the fly and 103.7 to the wheels. 35 hp differance to the wheels. with all do respect how do you go from a 11.658 nos down to 11.049 just by adding 35hp to the wheels then from 11.348 down to only 11.049 by adding 103.7 to the wheels It just doesn't add up.. Someone please chime in..
Old 01-19-2009, 12:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
That was a blast!! I need to get the right tires for the next event so i don't spend all my time spinning at the start.

Good to meet everyone!
Old 01-19-2009, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Mikey, you're an amazing driver my friend For someone who has never driven an E63, yet gets into one and sets the record in 2 passes is just unbelievable I got a lot to learn from your launch technique.... some day I will get there

By the way, Mikey was so busy driving everyone else's car that he barely got to drive his own..... he under-estimated the demand from his earlier statement when he said "I'm willing to ***** out my services....." Next time you should charge $20 per run Mikey
thanks for the compliments! i probably made at least 30 passes yesterday...only 3 in my own car!!!

it was a quite flattering to be asked to drive all the cars i got to run and i felt honored to do so. it means a lot that people could be so trusting of someone they've just met with their anything but inexpensive rides. i'm not sure what was more exhausting though...driving or changing out d/r's as often as i did yesterday!

it was shocking to see so many records, personal and overall, fall considering the weather and da we had. it sure made for a change of mood as many of us were disgusted with the perfectly sunny california day and slippery morning track.

one thing i learned yesterday, which means i have to apologize for the preaching i've done regarding launch technique, is that every 55 is different. they all needed a different technique to get their best 60ft and i never considered that would be the case. and the 63 is completely different again!

although i was lucky enough to get the low non-nos pass of the day, i can safely say that without a doubt angela's (benzgal) car is definitely faster than mine. if i wasn't so exhausted and had the energy to swap d/r's one more time, i would have loved to put more than 2 passes on her car. if we could have run her car in the evening it would have easily run an 11.1 or better...EASILY!!! what was even more impressive than the power was how absolutely INCREDIBLE the renntech ecu and speedshift tunes are. her power delivery is so smooth and flawless it left me speechless! slap an i/c reservoir in there and that car will likely run 10's at any track regardless of da as long as track prep is good!

anyways, it was a fantastic event and thank you to everyone for making it that way!
Old 01-19-2009, 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by chiromikey
thanks for the compliments! i probably made at least 30 passes yesterday...only 3 in my own car!!!

it was a quite flattering to be asked to drive all the cars i got to run and i felt honored to do so. it means a lot that people could be so trusting of someone they've just met with their anything but inexpensive rides. i'm not sure what was more exhausting though...driving or changing out d/r's as often as i did yesterday!

it was shocking to see so many records, personal and overall, fall considering the weather and da we had. it sure made for a change of mood as many of us were disgusted with the perfectly sunny california day and slippery morning track.

one thing i learned yesterday, which means i have to apologize for the preaching i've done regarding launch technique, is that every 55 is different. they all needed a different technique to get their best 60ft and i never considered that would be the case. and the 63 is completely different again!

although i was lucky enough to get the low non-nos pass of the day, i can safely say that without a doubt angela's (benzgal) car is definitely faster than mine. if i wasn't so exhausted and had the energy to swap d/r's one more time, i would have loved to put more than 2 passes on her car. if we could have run her car in the evening it would have easily run an 11.1 or better...EASILY!!! what was even more impressive than the power was how absolutely INCREDIBLE the renntech ecu and speedshift tunes are. her power delivery is so smooth and flawless it left me speechless! slap an i/c reservoir in there and that car will likely run 10's at any track regardless of da as long as track prep is good!

anyways, it was a fantastic event and thank you to everyone for making it that way!
Man that was funny, gotta be careful with what you wish fer...hehe,

let me know when you and Evan are headed to eithe Speedworld or Firebirdie
Old 01-19-2009, 10:00 AM

E39
No problemo!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
THANKS MO

HAD A GREAT TIME.

JIM, YOUR BEAST KICKS AZZ. GREAT JOB
Now when you movin to sunny Cali LOL
When you doin Las Vagas
By the way, I'm all ready working on my car for the next event(damn 91 tune lol)
We are linning up a few times
Nice to meet you and the crew
Old 01-19-2009, 12:55 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by juicee63
Man that was funny, gotta be careful with what you wish fer...hehe,

let me know when you and Evan are headed to eithe Speedworld or Firebirdie
Come run a team Speedworld race with me. The season starts this saturday 9am. Firebird will have a test n' tune lane on Sunday in between the National time trials for the Top fuelers. Track prep is going to be great at both tracks. DA won't be the same but 60's should be killer. Sorry I didn't drive anybody's car. Next time. It was the Mikey show yesterday. He did a great job and yes he should charge for his services or at least be given a set of drag radials, LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKivjfGG2SU
Old 01-19-2009, 01:53 PM

07 BMW X5
Sorry guys for the late post, but it was a true pleasure to meet all of you. Mo again thx for putting on the event maybe we can return the favor and host an event in Sac. Congrats to everyone and the recording breaking times, wish I ran mine but it was great being a spectator as I got a chance to walk around and meet people and really focus on launch techniques .

Mikey thanks for the inspiration and all your insight, 100k car truly impressive.

Sal man your car sounds great, you have one fast SL55.

Josh, man what can I say you are always fun to hang out with a true diehard.

Cruzinquick, keep me posted on our MI friend.

Benzogal, you have one fast 55 I hope it now helps heal your wounds.

426hemi, man I swear your car is one of my favs, just mean man mean.

Benzoboi, I guess we know what our next mod will be thx Mikey’s set up.

Hotrod182, hit me up I might make Sac. on Sat.

Rick, very nice CLS running on 20’s, now that’s what I’m talking about.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M3, E55, SL55
Hey guys.....sorry for the late post aswell. Congrats to all the great et's. Nice to meet everyone....and im glad u guys liked the cooling set up in benzoboi's e55. Bluemonsters e55 was having traction problems but we will be there next time with better tires. Anyways tnx again mo for setting it up and the crew for helping.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Banned

So when is the next track date?

I need to get out there and redeem myself.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
beautiful pics. looks like it was a blast.

so, there's no post about what Angela's top secret mods were... please do tell.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
I remember having a conversation with LXCAM near the bleachers, when we heard URnext SL55 doing a burnout.. The car sounded insane with the Long tubes.. I thought I was going to black out and travel back in time.

Last edited by Max.H; 01-19-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:34 PM

2009 CL63 AMG,2006 CLS55 AMG, 2007 Denali
I was at the event. Nice day! Vic55, nice pics. Do you mind telling what equipment, in-camera settings, and photoshop effects (if you even used PS) you used? I just got my DSLR and trying to do good car photography. I did snap a couple of pics. Looks like you turned the saturation down a LOT on those pics and added vignetting, no? Very nice
Thanks

Canon 1D mark 3
24-105mm L lens + 300mm L lens

PS - brightness/contrast adjustments & saturation

Last edited by auktane; 01-19-2009 at 05:37 PM. Reason: error
Old 01-19-2009, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 3.2
Sick pics as usual Py

And congrats to Sun for breaking into the 11's

congrats to everyone else that did well on their times as well
Old 01-19-2009, 07:51 PM

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Max.H
I remember having a conversation with LXCAM near the bleachers, when we heard URnext SL55 doing a burnout.. The car sounded insane with the Long tubes.. I thought I was going to black out and travel back in time.
LOL, thanks

Does anyone have any vids from the event ready to post? I didnt get a chance to see other people runs as much as i wanted to.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Mo- Thank you for setting up this event. I wish the weather would have been on our side! It was nice to meet you.

bassn07- Great number and it was nice to meet you.

Rick- Trust me I made a call today to get the block for my next track day!!
It was a pleasure meeting you as always. Not only do you have a stunning car, it's pretty damn fast. Go team RENNTech!

Hotrod182- You are welcome to join my local boys for the weekend races and canyon runs.

Jim- It was so nice to meet you my long time board friend! It's a bummer the car was acting up! You will have to join a few of us for our next event.

BlueMonster- It was nice meeting you as well.

BlueKnight- I think my engine blowing was one of the best things that has ever happend to me as wierd as that sounds. I finally got the car I wanted and then some!

Alex-You so made me laugh the whole day. We have to plan a trip for all of us to come visit you in Palm Springs!

Cruzinquick- You and your wife are wonderful down to earth people. It was cool how you took the guys wheels home for them and got the gas. Thank you for teaching me stuff on Saturday. You are an awesome consistant driver and I have no doubt you could have made some records for us in our MB! I will see you soon.

Sun-Congrats on the #'s.

Jangy-I'm glad we kissed and made up! Bring your car next time!

Mikey- Gosh where do I begin with the thanks. You drove so many cars that day in the heat setting records for them, changed tires for everyone including me. You did it on three hours sleep with a smile on your face. We came without a pit crew, without NOS, and ready to run. I wish we could have run my car in the afternoon after the DA came down, but I'm super happy that you finally got to run your car and set a record. You are one of the most talented drivers I have ever met as evident in everyone asking you to drive their car. I have learned so much from you over the years on this board and look forward to learning more. Your car is a beast of a beast and I look forward to seeing it in the 10's. I know you are both capable of it.

Last edited by BENZGal; 01-19-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by sticky2
So when is the next track date?

I need to get out there and redeem myself.
Our next rental is already in the works..... Here is the link:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-part-2-a.html
Old 01-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by BENZGal
Mo- Thank you for setting up this event. I wish the weather would have been on our side! It was nice to meet you.

bassn07- Great number and it was nice to meet you.

Rick- Trust me I made a call today to get the block for my next track day!!
It was a pleasure meeting you as always. Not only do you have a stunning car, it's pretty damn fast. Go team RENNTech!

Hotrod182- You are welcome to join my local boys for the weekend races and canyon runs.

Jim- It was so nice to meet you my long time board friend! It's a bummer the car was acting up! You will have to join a few of us for our next event.

BlueMonster- It was nice meeting you as well.

BlueKnight- I think my engine blowing was one of the best things that has ever happend to me as wierd as that sounds. I finally got the car I wanted and then some!

Alex-You so made me laugh the whole day. We have to plan a trip for all of us to come visit you in Palm Springs!

Cruzinquick- You and your wife are wonderful down to earth people. It was cool how you took the guys wheels home for them and got the gas. Thank you for teaching me stuff on Saturday. You are an awesome consistant driver and I have no doubt you could have made some records for us in our MB! I will see you soon.

Sun-Congrats on the #'s.

Jangy-I'm glad we kissed and made up! Bring your car next time!

Mikey- Gosh where do I begin with the thanks. You drove so many cars that day in the heat setting records for them, changed tires for everyone including me. You did it on three hours sleep with a smile on your face. We came without a pit crew, without NOS, and ready to run. I wish we could have run my car in the afternoon after the DA came down, but I'm super happy that you finally got to run your car and set a record. You are one of the most talented drivers I have ever met as evident in everyone asking you to drive their car. I have learned so much from you over the years on this board and look forward to learning more. Your car is a beast of a beast and I look forward to seeing it in the 10's. I know you are both capable of it.
It was good seeyin you too dear. I haven't forgotten...I still owe ya

btw...yer car is a BEAST!~!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009