Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by chiromikey
sure evan comes off as this nice innocent generous guy and it pisses me off that i still like him after he knocks everyone out of the bracket with his robot like reaction times. then to make matters worse, his wife is just as sweet and nice as he is! no matter how bad he beats you on the track you just can't dislike anything about the guy. if you guys do make it down here he'd probably go out of his way to make sure you had a good time before leaving you at the tree.

TOTALLY frustrating if you ask me!
Evan is a tricky guy. Keep your eye on him. My video camera was able to catch his tricks in actions. I dont really want to let the cat out of the bag but keep your eye on him at the tree he has tricks up his sleeves. I could drink 12 redbulls and still not get the holeshot on him.

Evens racing in a 12.00et class this weekend and i would not be surprised if he runs 12.00 or 12.01 all day long. Maybe its time to black mail him with my "Evan Exposed" video. Really though if he wins any more bracket races he will need to rent a storage space for all his trophies.

No joke I've been to the track with Evan many times and old timers and racers speak of him like he is a legend.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Dodge Challenger
Originally Posted by juicee63
I was thinking man I thought Chris hit 11.40@ 120, I watched an 11.44 @120

Pretty darn impressive.
Thank you bud! I even impressed myself, Im still tripp'n.lol

These last 2 track days with you guys have been sick!

Heres the 11.40 pass.
HHP Dodge Challenger 426 Runs 11.40 @ 120 N/A

Last edited by 426Hemi; 01-21-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:17 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Evan is a tricky guy. Keep your eye on him. My video camera was able to catch his tricks in actions. I dont really want to let the cat out of the bag but keep your eye on him at the tree he has tricks up his sleeves. I could drink 12 redbulls and still not get the holeshot on him.

Evens racing in a 12.00et class this weekend and i would not be surprised if he runs 12.00 or 12.01 all day long. Maybe its time to black mail him with my "Evan Exposed" video. Really though if he wins any more bracket races he will need to rent a storage space for all his trophies.

No joke I've been to the track with Evan many times and old timers and racers speak of him like he is a legend.
Ok Hooley your laying it on too thick now. Now I'll have a bounty next time I hit an event. I do plan to run 12.0's this next team race, yes I have a set routine at the line even on bye runs. I want to see this video your talking about. One of those old timers got me at the last race. He cut .009 to my .011. Now he's a legend.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Rick (Rarfinancial) has got the tree down , he really needs to join NHRA as he would do very well. I have three slips with the guy hitting double zero's .004. I have a few single digititzero's and on my run vs. Evan I lit the red by .05 due to pure fear :-). We trapped the same and I would have caught him in the new NHRA standard 2350 ft race. LOL
Old 01-21-2009, 11:43 PM

2005 SL600 Designo, Graphite Gray, Panorama Roof
Im working on this video now. After looking at the footage, I have some good clips of the silver E55, the Porsche, the GTR, the EvoSport CLK63, the black new M3 and a silver CLS63.

I did not focus on the SRT cars, as this was not the nature of this video..no disrespect to those folks who impressed the hell out of me.

I have ET's on all the cars, but would like to plug the odd car sponsor or two or three.

If any of you owners wish to email me at craiglieberman@***.net with your most "important" three mods on your car, your best ET of the day, and your top sponsor or two, I'll do my best to work it in.

If any of you folks do NOT want to appear on camera, let me know. I can always delete plate numbers....I don't event think I filmed but one or two, but there it is nontheless.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by craiglieberman
Im working on this video now. After looking at the footage, I have some good clips of the silver E55, the Porsche, the GTR, the EvoSport CLK63, the black new M3 and a silver CLS63.

I did not focus on the SRT cars, as this was not the nature of this video..no disrespect to those folks who impressed the hell out of me.

I have ET's on all the cars, but would like to plug the odd car sponsor or two or three.

If any of you owners wish to email me at craiglieberman@***.net with your most "important" three mods on your car, your best ET of the day, and your top sponsor or two, I'll do my best to work it in.

If any of you folks do NOT want to appear on camera, let me know. I can always delete plate numbers....I don't event think I filmed but one or two, but there it is nontheless.
Thanks Craig I can't wait to see the video
Old 01-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221

I'll be shootin you an email tomorrow Mr. Lieberman!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:32 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by juicee63
Rick (Rarfinancial) has got the tree down , he really needs to join NHRA as he would do very well. I have three slips with the guy hitting double zero's .004. I have a few single digititzero's and on my run vs. Evan I lit the red by .05 due to pure fear :-). We trapped the same and I would have caught him in the new NHRA standard 2350 ft race. LOL
I have our run on video. I'll post it up tomorrow. Was alot closer than the times show.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
I have our run on video. I'll post it up tomorrow. Was alot closer than the times show.

I engaged the tractor beam a little late..

That would be cool, I have some vids but mostly of my car making quick work of the Vellano show car, Once the 20's went on Rick had his hands full.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4a6DF1XPwo
Old 01-22-2009, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 3.2
here's some vids I found on the GTR at Famoso from the event on the day of the event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdlAFNePWyE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvYFQXOeDO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFSmG...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdBkyKiqGfs
Old 01-22-2009, 09:44 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Huge props to Jim and others for running some incredible times despite the non favorable DA.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:49 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by MHP
Huge props to Jim and others for running some incredible times despite the non favorable DA.
Welcome back !!!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:57 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
Welcome back !!!
Thanks Luke, it's good to be back.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Banned

Are you listing times the cars ran in your video?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Mo, thanks again for organizing a great event. The weather was not optimal, but it was 1000x better than rain and 1,000,000x better than the weather back home in Chicago (-10 degrees and 14 inches of snow on the ground).

I enjoyed meeting everyone, Josh/Juicee63 is a class act, he offered up his stock battery and even lugged across the lot and back for me. Josh, I have some ideas for your car, we are going to get you into the 11's next time I'm out there. Rick/RARFINANCIAL, nice to finally meet you as well, your car is a real beauty. Jakpro, sorry I did not recognize you when we were in line in the morning waiting at the gate, I did not put two and two together when you told me your name was Jim and the Utah plates on your car threw me off, for some reason I thought you were a Cali guy, hope I did not come off a unfriendly. Once somebody told me it was you I went looking for you and you had already left the track. I even met Jangy and we chatted for a while and put the past behind us (but I still want to race, even if it's for *****s and giggles)

I wish I could have hit 10's, had a lot of electrical problems in the a.m. that we (Brad) did not get sorted out until just after noon when the temps and DA were at their highest. I know several of you guys watched many of my passes late in the day and saw me shutting down early as well as breaking the tires loose beyond the 1/8 mile and still posting 11.0's. Hopefully this will give me and my MIR statements that so many of you doubted some credibility. I broke several of my own records which is nice, but a 10.999 would have been so much sweeter. I guess I will have to wait until next time.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
WELCOME BACK Jim and Andy!!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:26 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
WELCOME BACK Jim and Andy!!
Thanks Aleksandar!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by jrcart
I even met Jangy and we chatted for a while and put the past behind us (but I still want to race, even if it's for *****s and giggles)
Me too. Me too. Actually, I am so ready to drive the car.

We will race, but I'm not betting against you with NOS. Your car is SICK!! You know I have mixed respect for NOS vs Supercharged, but I also have to give props to how your car can put that power down and haul down the track . I would have never thought that even a Black Series 7g could handle that.

The car is fast. I don't think Jim would beat the top modded E55s with just motor but he did have better times than many of them.

Just for the record, I think my car Woulda coulda shoulda run an 11.5 - 11.6 on that day. I have finished a few mods since I pulled with Bluemonster but don't think I would be faster, yet.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
One of my favorite memories will be Jim pulling into the lanes that go down to the track. Think all of us stopped what we were doing and watched as he goosed it and it went a bit sideways.

That 6.3 sounds just incredible!!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Welcome back Jim/Andy!!

You too Jangsta
Old 01-22-2009, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
Me too. Me too. Actually, I am so ready to drive the car.

We will race, but I'm not betting against you with NOS. Your car is SICK!! You know I have mixed respect for NOS vs Supercharged, but I also have to give props to how your car can put that power down and haul down the track . I would have never thought that even a Black Series 7g could handle that.

The car is fast. I don't think Jim would beat the top modded E55s with just motor but he did have better times than many of them.

Just for the record, I think my car Woulda coulda shoulda run an 11.5 - 11.6 on that day. I have finished a few mods since I pulled with Bluemonster but don't think I would be faster, yet.
What up Jangy! It was nice meeting up with you and talking MB. There's no doubt your would've been doing 11.5 - 11.6's that day, hell my car was doing that. My personally, I had 3 or 4 runs in the 11.6's and that's with a crappy 60' time...1.85's.

Is your car the one that Bluemonster pulled on? I know that he mentioned that he put a whoppin on VR600, it must of been you.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Mo, thanks again for organizing a great event. The weather was not optimal, but it was 1000x better than rain and 1,000,000x better than the weather back home in Chicago (-10 degrees and 14 inches of snow on the ground).

I enjoyed meeting everyone, Josh/Juicee63 is a class act, he offered up his stock battery and even lugged across the lot and back for me. Josh, I have some ideas for your car, we are going to get you into the 11's next time I'm out there. Rick/RARFINANCIAL, nice to finally meet you as well, your car is a real beauty. Jakpro, sorry I did not recognize you when we were in line in the morning waiting at the gate, I did not put two and two together when you told me your name was Jim and the Utah plates on your car threw me off, for some reason I thought you were a Cali guy, hope I did not come off a unfriendly. Once somebody told me it was you I went looking for you and you had already left the track. I even met Jangy and we chatted for a while and put the past behind us (but I still want to race, even if it's for *****s and giggles)

I wish I could have hit 10's, had a lot of electrical problems in the a.m. that we (Brad) did not get sorted out until just after noon when the temps and DA were at their highest. I know several of you guys watched many of my passes late in the day and saw me shutting down early as well as breaking the tires loose beyond the 1/8 mile and still posting 11.0's. Hopefully this will give me and my MIR statements that so many of you doubted some credibility. I broke several of my own records which is nice, but a 10.999 would have been so much sweeter. I guess I will have to wait until next time.
Thanks Jim..... I'm glad you made it and enjoyed the event with everybody...... Your car was so close to 10s
Old 01-23-2009, 01:59 PM
SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
If anyone has any pictures or videos of my white BMW 135i kindly send them to terenceburger@gmail.com! Would love them for our website.

Thanks,

Terry
Old 01-23-2009, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

Jim ,

Thanks for the kind words, I really enjoyed hanging around the WORLDS FASTEST 63, and it's dedicated pilot!! I am 100% confident not only you hit 10's but your going to smash it once you get the ever so elusive clean run. That 1.61 60ft time, only to have the car not shift or to let off , its going to click and when it does I m thinking 10.79-10.83. And yes 130 will be obtained.

I envy you, your ability to press on, adapt and keep your goals in focus despite a large negative contingent, awesome stuff bro.

Maybe Rick will take me to MIR !!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009