Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Depending on humidity and track surfaces it's common for precipitation to begin to creep up through the asphalt with high humidity situations. So slippage from 2nd to 3rd gear is possible. I've done it before with hoosiers and I'm only half the horsepower of most.

I'm up for bracket racing anybody after dialin' in. A gambler round can be set up. Basically everyone that wants to bracket race puts in a few bucks into the pot and the winner takes all. As Juicee said earlier it's about consistency and reaction time. .50 or more can easily be lost at the tree. Also the risk of running under your dial and breaking out is always a factor as well. Breaking out is the equivalent of red lighting, you lose. It prevents cheaters from dialin' their car slower than it actually is. Tecnically if both have identical reaction times and dial's are right on, they will pass the finish line together. Luckily the timers are precise to the thousands of a second. It's lots of fun comparing skills and cars.
Mo,

Evan has outlined this very well. I suggest we participate in a gambler round to make itreally interesting. This will give us a clear champion 'driver" vs. fastest quickest car. Talk to Blake see if he will do a timed tree round.

The interior removal is not as difficult as I thought.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Someone go get a really corrolla or slow NA car. Your chances of winning bracket races are much better
Old 12-22-2008, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Originally Posted by juicee63
Mo,

Evan has outlined this very well. I suggest we participate in a gambler round to make itreally interesting. This will give us a clear champion 'driver" vs. fastest quickest car. Talk to Blake see if he will do a timed tree round.

STREET CARS GUYS We have some great looking cars don't jack them up all seats in. I would like to have some runs with all of us on our driving tires My 20" Vellano's should give Josh a shot at the AMG FLAG We will have some TROPHIES to hand out at the end of the day along with some shirts and I'm still working on hats . Can I get some ideas on what titles on the trophies you guys want? Best come back? slowest reaction time? best burn out? Fastest? slowest?
LETS PICK SOME GUYS!!! of course Jim wins the longest travel and Mo wins the shotest travel
Old 12-22-2008, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
I'm sure I'll probably own the slowest RT...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:12 PM

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
STREET CARS GUYS We have some great looking cars don't jack them up all seats in. I would like to have some runs with all of us on our driving tires My 20" Vellano's should give Josh a shot at the AMG FLAG We will have some TROPHIES to hand out at the end of the day along with some shirts and I'm still working on hats . Can I get some ideas on what titles on the trophies you guys want? Best come back? slowest reaction time? best burn out? Fastest? slowest?
LETS PICK SOME GUYS!!! of course Jim wins the longest travel and Mo wins the shotest travel
Yeah! Who would do such a thing Juicee, I better see your passenger seat next month at Famoso
Old 12-22-2008, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Hey Josh, back when I used to drag race motorcycles we used to take one of the front calipers and rotors off to save weight, have you ever thought about removing you rear rotors? Front brakes do 80% of the braking
Old 12-22-2008, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by juicee63
Mo,

Josh, Blake is a cool guy, and he told me before that he can setup whatever tree we want..... but no money involved in any races what so ever. Officially, if the track management knows about any money wagers (whether friendly or not), they WILL STOP THE RACES. If we're going to do any wagers, we're going to have to keep it very private. If it gets out of hand or any of the employees find out about, it may ruin our day.

By the way, you guys don't want to bracket race vs Josh or Evan for any money. These two are fanatics and are experts at bracket racing. They know their cars very well, and they time their runs very consistently. They will probably end up head to head in the finals then split the money I know what you guys are up to

I can't wait to meet everyone and run my car again.....
Old 12-22-2008, 04:23 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Josh, Blake is a cool guy, and he told me before that he can setup whatever tree we want..... but no money involved in any races what so ever. Officially, if the track management knows about any money wagers (whether friendly or not), they WILL STOP THE RACES. If we're going to do any wagers, we're going to have to keep it very private. If it gets out of hand or any of the employees find out about, it may ruin our day.

By the way, you guys don't want to bracket race vs Josh or Evan for any money. These two are fanatics and are experts at bracket racing. They know their cars very well, and they time their runs very consistently. They will probably end up head to head in the finals then split the money I know what you guys are up to

I can't wait to meet everyone and run my car again.....
Not a bad idea. I was just gutting out my car now. All 3 floor mats, now your saying we should keep them in? Dang it.

ON the corolla comment, that only works if sandbaggers are trying to catch that corolla. Dial honest and you can just fly on by at the 1300' mark. That leaves 20' and a few thousandths of a sec. for the bank.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
ON the corolla comment, that only works if sandbaggers are trying to catch that corolla. Dial honest and you can just fly on by at the 1300' mark. That leaves 20' and a few thousandths of a sec. for the bank.
Not really. Put the same driver in a corolla and a E55 and I bet the corolla is more consistent. No wheel spin, no traction issues, nothing. Just concentrate on the lights and slam the gas, it all depends on reaction time. The super slow cars almost always win bracket races out here.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Not really. Put the same driver in a corolla and a E55 and I bet the corolla is more consistent. No wheel spin, no traction issues, nothing. Just concentrate on the lights and slam the gas, it all depends on reaction time. The super slow cars almost always win bracket races out here.
He's right, with an auto tranny 180hp fwd car you can just break torque to 1800rpm each time and duplicate 60's and e/t's 20 passes in a row. The more HP the more room for error. Our auto trannys help us quite a bit, but it takes a great driver to do it with a high HP manual.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:59 PM

2004 K4 E55
please add me to the waiting or reserve list I will either run the Kleemann K4 E55 I got from Malcolm in MD (you all know about him!!) to see what it will do, or my 08 GT500 with some bolt ons. Please let me know how and when to pay. Thank you.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Waiting List

Originally Posted by TectiteK4E55
please add me to the waiting or reserve list I will either run the Kleemann K4 E55 I got from Malcolm in MD (you all know about him!!) to see what it will do, or my 08 GT500 with some bolt ons. Please let me know how and when to pay. Thank you.
Done.....

Updated Waiting List
=================

1) Envied - Jeep SRT8
2) palantirion - 2007 Z4 M Coupe/2003 M5
3) 05whitehemi - QCSB Ram
4) Bryce - 2006 300SRT8
5) Max.H - E55 - Stock
6) Brute SRT
7) TravisM6 - BMW M6 - Stage 2+
8) Bryan55 - C6 Z06 - Bolt-ons
9) TectiteK4E55 - E55 - Kleemann Stage 4
10)
Old 12-22-2008, 07:28 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
I'd say take up Jrcart's plane ticket offer and rent a corolla and see what you can do. I don't buy it. If you drive that corolla or any other slow vehicle at the track and get very comfortable with it, then you might have a chance. Otherwise I would say you couldn't get 2 tenths within your timeslip making 2 runs one hour apart. The one hour is so if conditions change can you as a driver compensate for it and still run within the number. It's very difficult, and I agree that a higher hp car has more tangibles that can go wrong causing errors. However just because a car has less hp doesn't mean the probability for errors disappears. The X factor is how well the driver can adjust. If a super slow car wins most bracket races, then I would have to conclude they are just better drivers and know their vehicle more. Same driver in a consistent E55 will accomplish the same. It's all about routine, it's got to be the same every time. I won and lost by .001 of a second. I've also lost before hitting .000's on the tree. The car and driver have to remain dead on consistent.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hertz rents automatic C6 Corvette for about $120 a day depending on city.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by jrcart
Hertz rents automatic C6 Corvette for about $120 a day depending on city.
Hey Jim they have some nice dirt roads out by Famoso.. Damn Dude
Old 12-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I'd say take up Jrcart's plane ticket offer
Refresh my memory, I don't ever remember that offer. I've bracket raced my CLK430 and it is MUCH more consistent than my CLK55. And guess what kind of car won the whole thing? A friggin corolla! I think we would agree it is much more difficult to bracket race a 500whp FI car vs. a 100whp car. Either way, no point in arguing over it
Old 12-22-2008, 09:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
3-pointed star
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Can I get some ideas on what titles on the trophies you guys want? Best come back? slowest reaction time? best burn out? Fastest? slowest?
- Best 60' time
- Best Trap
- Best ET
- Most consistent racer
- Hardcore racer (stripped interior, slicks, NOS, etc.)

We got 30+ people everyone should get a chance to win something!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:46 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Refresh my memory, I don't ever remember that offer. I've bracket raced my CLK430 and it is MUCH more consistent than my CLK55. And guess what kind of car won the whole thing? A friggin corolla! I think we would agree it is much more difficult to bracket race a 500whp FI car vs. a 100whp car. Either way, no point in arguing over it
My bad it was your car he agreed to haul out. I'll agree that a great driver can win with either car. Skill level required is less with a corolla for sure. The corolla driver was just better that day.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
My bad it was your car he agreed to haul out. I'll agree that a great driver can win with either car. Skill level required is less with a corolla for sure. The corolla driver was just better that day.
No, he agreed to race me and IF I win he pays for the transportation.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If Dymag does not get with the friggin program I might not be going anywhere. The bald skinny 285 Corsa's mounted on my stock wheels are not going to be too much fun at Willow considering the aided in me almost totaling my car this afternoon. The track day at Willow is one of the main reasons I was shipping my car to California in the first place. I'm getting a royal stroke job from them all of a sudden.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by jrcart
If Dymag does not get with the friggin program I might not be going anywhere. The bald skinny 285 Corsa's mounted on my stock wheels are not going to be too much fun at Willow considering the aided in me almost totaling my car this afternoon. The track day at Willow is one of the main reasons I was shipping my car to California in the first place. I'm getting a royal stroke job from them all of a sudden.

You can use my bias ply ET streets on the front of yer car so you have matching tires all the way round.

Dude , I hope yer kidding after all the drama, this is gonna be so entertaining.

We have some serious scores to settle, nearly everything can finally be resolved 4 good. The car is still comfy w/o leather and carpet. suprise
Old 12-23-2008, 01:32 AM

335i
With this many people going and on the waiting list, isn't there a threshold where they will let more cars in and lower the prices? If I recall, the GTO guys rented the track, and only had a few dozen people, and the price was $100/Car.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Originally Posted by hotrod182
With this many people going and on the waiting list, isn't there a threshold where they will let more cars in and lower the prices? If I recall, the GTO guys rented the track, and only had a few dozen people, and the price was $100/Car.
The more cars the more wait time , The more break downs and the more waiting for clean up We can always use more people as witnesses and judges ... We had wanted only twenty cars at first then opened up ten more spots to thirty cars. PINKS ALL OUT MBZ STYLE
Old 12-23-2008, 04:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by hotrod182
The GTO guys started out with 75 cars, then expanded the event to 87 cars at the last minute, and they would not allow non-GTO cars to attend except very few exceptions.

As Rick mentioned, this event started out with 20 cars, then we expanded it to 30 cars. I tried to expand it to 35, but most of the people attending requested not to expand it anymore so that we have less wait time at the lanes and less chances of car problems.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
The GTO guys started out with 75 cars, then expanded the event to 87 cars at the last minute, and they would not allow non-GTO cars to attend except very few exceptions.

As Rick mentioned, this event started out with 20 cars, then we expanded it to 30 cars. I tried to expand it to 35, but most of the people attending requested not to expand it anymore so that we have less wait time at the lanes and less chances of car problems.
I could really care less if we open it up to another 10-15 cars, 45 cars is not that many, most of us will not be hot lapping, I only intend on making 8-10 passes the entire day. If people have their ***** together in the staging line we should be able to make a pass overy 60-90 seconds.

The one thing I would be against is allowing a bunch of 8-9 second cars, those seem to be the ones that always end up oiling down the track. Keep it to reliable street cars and things should be fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 01/17/2009