W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LI Laser Jammer Group Buy - officially on!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
LI Laser Jammer Group Buy - officially on!

(Amdeutch - sorry again and thanks for leading me rightly...)

Sorry for the false start before. We have many interested already but even if I heard from you, please read the official thread and send a new PM.

Thank you all again for the interest!

Oh - and as you may have noticed in the header, the product is the LI unit that everyone wanted!

NEED TO HEAR FROM EVERYONE BY 2/15/2009!!

Peet

Official MBWorld (and sanctioned at that) thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/group-pur...er-jammer.html
Old 01-26-2009, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
Quick update... the vendor is also adding their HP (High Power) LE (Limited Edition) DUAL and HP LE QUAD to the GB as well. (see thew LI Buy Online Now Page for more info) These are for those who got to have the best and want the Ultimate in LI Performance. These Limited Edition, less than 100 will ever be made, have not 1 but 2 Laser Diode Transmitter Devices in each sensors for twice the jamming power, one vertically polarized and one horizontally. First come, fist serve till they are sold out!

LI HP LE DUAL - Regularly $1400.00 MBW GB Price $1200.00

LI HP LE QUAD - Regularly $2450.00 MBE GB Price $2050.00

Same deal applies - see the GB thread for details and PM me to get ordered.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
Just over a week remaining - please let me know if you have any questions or want to get one.

Thanks
Old 02-06-2009, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 JDM
I have a question. How long will it take to get the units??? I watched a group buy for the LI on mazda forums. Those poor basta#$% paid and then waited something like 9 months to get their units.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
From my understanding, the regular units (double and quad) are in stock and ship out in days after payment. The HP LE are coming from Europe directly and are about a 2-3 week delay. This GB is being run through the distributor directly, so availability can't be better.

Cheers.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 E430
Originally Posted by J 2OOI
I have a question. How long will it take to get the units??? I watched a group buy for the LI on mazda forums. Those poor basta#$% paid and then waited something like 9 months to get their units.
Wasn't quite 9 months but it sure seemed like it. FWIW once Cliff (the current US distributor) came on board with that Mazda group buy it went a lot smoother. Cliff was able to give us honest answers even when they were not the answers we wanted to hear. When the group buy first started with Ivan (the owner of LI and based in Croatia) it seemed like Ivan would just tell us what we wanted to hear and had lots of excuses. If this current GB was started with Cliff it should go smoother then that last GB went.

Even with all the GB hassles I went thru I'm happy with my LI.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
Thanks for the heads up Suicidal.. FWIW - LI is directly involved in this project. As soon as I get your interest, I send it in to LI who fulfills. This is a commitment to get 20 units to get a discount and LI is accommodating that in this case. Only those high falutin HP LE units will take a bit longer as they're coming from Europe. Not to stick my foot in my mouth, but theoretically if you paid for fedex and asked me today for a setup, I'd bet it would be in your hands by Wednesday or Thursday.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
Reminder folks - tomorrow is the official last day of the GB. We're only a few short of the full 20 - so I may extend it. This won't affect those who already contacted me - just give the ones joining in the fray late a chance.

Please PM me right away if you are interested. Thanks!

Peet
Old 02-25-2009, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
Alrighty everyone. Thanks for the participations thus far. Last call - the GB ends tomorrow at midnight.

I'll be taking down all these posts as per my agreement with the mods next weekend so get your orders in if you want to take advantage of this great deal or forever hold your peace.

See you all on the asphalt!

Peet
Old 02-25-2009, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
will this work in conjunction with my Valentine and is the install similar to the K40?

also, which do I need front and rear or fronts only?
can rear sensors be added later if I opt for front only?

sorry for so many questions just new to this.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E430
Originally Posted by baldmike73
will this work in conjunction with my Valentine and is the install similar to the K40?

also, which do I need front and rear or fronts only?
can rear sensors be added later if I opt for front only?

sorry for so many questions just new to this.
As a V1 and LI owner I can say that the LI does not cause any problems with my V1 or vice versa. The install for the LI is pretty simple. Basically you need to make sure the jammer heads are straight and level, you need to hook up the LI main computer box to 12V and ground, and you have to mount the LI on off switch where you can reach it.

As for front and rear heads it really depends on your local law enforcement tactics. If they do not do rear laser shots then you only need the front. However if they are known for rear shots then rear heads become much more important.

Rear sensors can be added later. I currently only have front heads but I will be adding rear heads in the future.

Last but not least IIRC Laser Jammers are illegal in California. Of course if you are not jamming to gun and use common sense it probably won't be a problem but its something to keep in mind if you want to remain 100% within the law.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
suicidal4life

"Last but not least IIRC Laser Jammers are illegal in California. Of course if you are not jamming to gun and use common sense it probably won't be a problem but its something to keep in mind if you want to remain 100% within the law."

so since they are illegal are you mainly using them for the warning light and then flip the switch off and act fast in hopes they will get a false reading?
Old 02-25-2009, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E430
Originally Posted by baldmike73
suicidal4life

"Last but not least IIRC Laser Jammers are illegal in California. Of course if you are not jamming to gun and use common sense it probably won't be a problem but its something to keep in mind if you want to remain 100% within the law."

so since they are illegal are you mainly using them for the warning light and then flip the switch off and act fast in hopes they will get a false reading?
I'm not in California so this is not an issue for me. Basically when the LI's warning sounds you slow down to the posted speed limit and then switch off the jammers to let the cop get a read on you. It is not that uncommon on cars without jammers for the gun to take a few seconds to get a reading. If you jam the cop all the way to the gun he will know something is up but if you quickly slow down and then switch it off you should be ok.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
In CA it's a fixit ticket - like you'd get if a headlight is out ... AS LONG AS YOU HAVE NO MORE THAN 3 HEADS!

This is similar to Illinois - however here it's all counts of heads, but still a cheap fine with no points.