W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MHP/JRCART....The Rest Of The Story

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Oh snap! This can get ugly..
Old 02-11-2009, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
If I understand things correctly, the vaunted Dave Kasper and Andy suddenly parted ways some 3 to 6 weeks ago.
Q 1) Is that correct?
Q 2) Is that event linked to this in any way?

I'll hang up and listen.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by dodger63
Wow still just he said she said no solid facts all this drama and all I hear taking the b/s out of it is just ideas and thoughts. No solid facts?
Ya, looks like I am being hung out to dry here. It would be nice if Powechip were to chime in with some of their findings and expertise, they did not hesitate at all when they made this discovery. It would also be nice if some of the other dis-satisfied customers that have contacted me in the past couple days would stand up like men and tell their stories...I guess this forum is filled with a bunch of penisless ladies that are too affraid to stand up for themselves.

....you should all be ashamed and you should all have you man cards yanked...I wish you all the best in getting you money back from Andy or better yet your ECU's...What a friggin joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done! I tried to help, hopefully a few of you listened to what I had to say.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jrcart
Ya, looks like I am being hung out to dry here. It would be nice if Powechip were to chime in with some of their findings and expertise, they did not hesitate at all when they made this discovery. It would also be nice if some of the other dis-satisfied customers that have contacted me in the past couple days would stand up like men and tell their stories...I guess this forum is filled with a bunch of penisless ladies that are too affraid to stand up for themselves.

....you should all be ashamed and you should all have you man cards yanked...I wish you all the best in getting you money back from Andy or better yet your ECU's...What a friggin joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done! I tried to help, hopefully a few of you listened to what I had to say.
Honestly, I think it's an embarrassment that some of these people will not step up and share their experience. Good or bad. That's what these forums are supposed to be about.

And you're right, you're getting hung out to dry by Powerchip. They're letting you take the heat while they're sitting on the sidelines reaping all the benefits.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by indyjoe
Jim, give me a break, I'm not drinking any kool-aid. As you know VERY WELL, I could give a **** if Andy goes bankrupt. In fact, I started posting because I was fed up with his attitude. But that doesn't change the fact that things just seem to be dishonest.

You should just say that "Hey, I had concerns that MHP's tune was unsafe, so I decided to switch.", but you kept going on about how he may have stole PC's tune, or it was the same tune. This was after months of you going on and on and on and on about how incredible the tune was and what a difference it makes.

Things just don't add up. That's all I'm saying.
Show me where I said "he may have stole PC's tune" They only person using the word stole, stolen or steal is Andy on the thread he started last night on Absolutely driven forum.

.......now get back to your Kool-aid loser!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
I'll back up Jim's claim. I was sent a couple of pms from a very dissatisfied MHP customer. He's long standing and respected member of this board. I am actually surprised he has not posted yet.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:07 PM

Show me where I said "he may have stole PC's tune" They only person using the word stole, stolen or steal is Andy on the thread he started last night on Absolutely driven forum.

.......now get back to your Kool-aid loser!
You implied several times that MHP was using the exact same tune as Powerchip. So, let me get this 100% clear from you: Are you, or are you not, saying that Andy was using Powerchips tune, and passing it off as his own? Or did the identical tune just happen to end up on your ECU by osmosis?
Old 02-11-2009, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Does anybody know if anyone has claimed the movie rights yet, this keeps getting better.

-Troy
Old 02-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015

You have done more then enough by coming forward Jim, as i have stated before.

Sponsors are not all they are cracked up to be and some of the reputation is built up. I know of 3 that have had a few issues, and many of their customers just stay silent...even after they got the shaft. Speaking your mind will make them change their minds faster...rather then u wait wait wait for what ever it is you want and end up getting something sub par and with huge down time and costs spent over what you expected...

such is the life of moding

but to be fair there is 3 sides to every story

Last edited by Zod; 02-11-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Ya, looks like I am being hung out to dry here. It would be nice if Powechip were to chime in with some of their findings and expertise, they did not hesitate at all when they made this discovery. .
Perhaps they are under advisement from their own corporate attorneys to not chime in.

BTW-I don't recall Jim saying that MHP stole the code. I believe he stated that the codes that came out are exactly like the ones from a PC tune according to the Evosport and PC people. But then again, I could be reading it incorrectly so correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sincity
Perhaps they are under advisement from their own corporate attorneys to not chime in.

BTW-I don't recall Jim saying that MHP stole the code. I believe he stated that the codes that came out are exactly like the ones from a PC tune according to the Evosport and PC people. But then again, I could be reading it incorrectly so correct me if I am wrong.
Yeah, it's hard to type: "I'm sorry, but we've been advised by our attorney to not comment on this matter at this time. Thank you for your support."

Old 02-11-2009, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
...I'm done! I tried to help, hopefully a few of you listened to what I had to say.
I'm not going to say I told you so, but at least you know how I've felt for a while now.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
sorry to go off topic but i couldn't find old topic...

What ever happened w/ the call out challenge w/jangy? did he show at willow?
Old 02-11-2009, 04:34 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Some more reading.

{EDITED}

Honestly, though, the mods should un-ban Andy to give him a chance to explain himself. Maybe there is some reasonable explanation. Maybe not. We'll never know for sure one way or the other this way. This is never going to get any resolution unless he has a chance to speak.

It's also not fair to have a boxing match when one guy has his hands tied behind his back. I haven't done business with Andy and have no feelings about him one way or the other, just saying, he should at least be allowed to talk.

Last edited by otoupalik; 02-11-2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: against rules to post to another thread in another site
Old 02-11-2009, 04:39 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
12C P85DL
Interested Observer

Hi guys.
I build tools (ME97 programmers and suspension modules) and I am really enjoying this.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 02-11-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CWW
Some more reading.

Edited by moderator

Honestly, though, the mods should un-ban Andy to give him a chance to explain himself. Maybe there is some reasonable explanation. Maybe not. We'll never know for sure one way or the other this way. This is never going to get any resolution unless he has a chance to speak.

It's also not fair to have a boxing match when one guy has his hands tied behind his back. I haven't done business with Andy and have no feelings about him one way or the other, just saying, he should at least be allowed to talk.
Nice find
Old 02-11-2009, 04:51 PM

2008 SLR
Originally Posted by lauer87
jrcart,
I can see why you want the "others" to come out of the wood work and tell their stories, it seems they are still afraid of Andy coming after them for libel. If you really want to push this, offer up some indemnification for them to feel more comfortable telling their stories.

The one thing to always remember about libel suits is that the best defense to them is THE TRUTH.
As an attorney and owner of a large law firm, I can tell you that a suit for libel based on anything posted here on these boards is nearly baseless. Most libel suits are. The amount of money required upfront for someone to pursue this route for any compensation would be substantial. I don't know of any attorney that would take a case like this on contingency. Good luck. I guess it sounds good to spew out threats of a lawsuit. It is blatantly obvious the person threatening suit has no experience with such litigation. How do you think clowns like Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh stay on the air? Howard Stern? C'mon people let's get real. Nothing will come of anyone's threats to sue for libel here. Period.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by BRUTALLYHONEST
As an attorney and owner of a large law firm, I can tell you that a suit for libel based on anything posted here on these boards is nearly baseless. Most libel suits are. The amount of money required upfront for someone to pursue this route for any compensation would be substantial. I don't know of any attorney that would take a case like this on contingency. Good luck. I guess it sounds good to spew out threats of a lawsuit. It is blatantly obvious the person threatening suit has no experience with such litigation. How do you think clowns like Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh stay on the air? Howard Stern? C'mon people let's get real. Nothing will come of anyone's threats to sue for libel here. Period.
"Owner of a large law firm"??? Kind of an odd way to represent yourself... usually someone in that position would say "I am the managing partner of a large law firm which I founded (co-founded)". It kind of makes me question the credibilty of your statements. Although I do not believe in anti-SLAPP suits or threats... with that said.... sue me if you don't like what I just wrote..

Tom
Old 02-11-2009, 05:09 PM

Nice find
You obviously didn't read the entire thread.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Banned

2009 C63
Okay again alot of missinformation and out right untruths, I do the tuning for MHP, We do not need or do we use or resell powerchips/LET/Rentech/Kleemen/Evosport/ Etc... files or tunes, we have 100% access to the ecu not 70% or 80% like others, I think it is a injustace for other companies to ask for our tunes so they can look at them. I don't need or care to see other tuner stuff, I trust my own tuning ability. If a customer has an issue with our tunes they can send it back and I will retune or adjust,,The fact is we have tuned multiple vehicles with excellent results, both in engine performance and transmission shifting performance. With posted so everyone can see dyno results/track times/and pure out driveability. We have even tuned vehicles with other vendors prevoius tunes and have had them do unbias a/b comparisions. We have had no problem calling out other tuners for a shoot out, which we have multiple times in the past and nobody showed up to disput our results. We have had nothing to hide and Andy has been more than fair showing our results and improvments as we have progressed and made updates. If we made a misstake we are human and will fix. If by chance a ECU did not get tuned it wasn't done on purpose and again I have no problem making it right. It is a said issue that if by chance a ECU went out undone that people and or other vendors right away want to say we are frauds or selling other vendors stuff, all you vendors or socalled experts should be ashamed for allowing this mess to get to the point is it at. That is a complete untruth and outright slander. I have been tuning vehicles for over 20 years and have tuned probly every package avalible, Hell they said on the Lexus forum that I could not tune a new ISF so I tuned it for them, or that I could not tune a Toyota truck so I tuned it for them also. I don't have the time or space to be pulled into this mess. Again We have had nothing to hide and will continue to keep on showing our results.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:25 PM

2008 SLR
Originally Posted by TMC M5
"Owner of a large law firm"??? Kind of an odd way to represent yourself... usually someone in that position would say "I am the managing partner of a large law firm which I founded (co-founded)". It kind of makes me question the credibilty of your statements. Although I do not believe in anti-SLAPP suits or threats... with that said.... sue me if you don't like what I just wrote..

Tom
I put an attorney on it my friend. Just kidding. I am not a managing partner anymore. Now just the majority shareholder. That makes my only position at this time....owner. I cannot claim that I founded or co-founded something that I did not. I was on a call when I typed that last reply, please forgive my vagueness. Your assessment of my credibility is of no concern to me. I do however hope that you and the other members of this board feel more free to express yourselves as a result of my input.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
This is a train wreck of customer communication. On a forum? Calling names on various other forums? Seriously?

I don't know who is right in this, but from a consumer standpoint, I would run away from all of you.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:29 PM

Gremlin
Dave - What about the TCU tune which seems to be at the heart of the debate? Can you elaborate on this controversy?

The dyno results for the MHP tuned ISF support your comments as do the owner's experiences. Same can be said for the Tundra owner.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by BRUTALLYHONEST
I put an attorney on it my friend. Just kidding. I am not a managing partner anymore. Now just the majority shareholder. That makes my only position at this time....owner. I cannot claim that I founded or co-founded something that I did not. I was on a call when I typed that last reply, please forgive my vagueness. Your assessment of my credibility is of no concern to me. I do however hope that you and the other members of this board feel more free to express yourselves as a result of my input.
No problem...I just thought it was odd...anyway let the carnage continue...

Tom
Old 02-11-2009, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Jr I'm more then certain that you were not reffering to me with that penisless lady comment?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: MHP/JRCART....The Rest Of The Story