W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MHP/JRCART....The Rest Of The Story

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
You gonna start this again? I remember you. Wanna race from a DIG to 100? lol oh no its unsafe to race in traffic only highway racing is allowed an 3 am with no cards int he road where my M5 can actually win right ? Shutup.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
Ok there Mr. Big shot. Go find your tune.
sweet kill story......
Old 02-12-2009, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
You gonna start this again? I remember you. Wanna race from a DIG to 100? lol oh no its unsafe to race in traffic only highway racing is allowed an 3 am with no cards int he road where my M5 can actually win right ? Shutup.
So, you like racing? Do you ever race for money? I might be interested if you make me the right offer, but you're car sounds pretty quick, I might need a spot or two.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:51 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Dude you really need to put a sock in it before you make yourself look even worse.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by LZH
Dude you really need to put a sock in it before you make yourself look even worse.
Sounds a lot like Jim to me. You should be his biggest fan.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Out Of Control!

This thread is perfect for Valentines. Too much love going on. lol
Old 02-12-2009, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I wonder how many of you are on the edge of suspension or getting this thread locked?
Old 02-12-2009, 05:05 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Sounds a lot like Jim to me. You should be his biggest fan.

If you say so....I think we just share the same view of trolls like you.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:05 PM

G55
jrcart - did you experience faster shifts or not?
Old 02-12-2009, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by LZH
I have a way of knowing how to annoy people who think they are so smart thats all. Defending myself from someone calling me a nimrod doesn't fall under making myself look bad.

JR, I have noticed alot of good people on this forum and I have noticed people like you who to talk too much garbage. You are definetly one of those guys who talk to much garbage. You havn't run into the wrong person yet because you wouldn't be so fast to disrespect people so quickly.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 SLR
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/193/5...d1f633.jpg?v=0

MHP=DONE
Old 02-12-2009, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
78 active viewers, everyone likes a watch a train wreck
Old 02-12-2009, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by W219CLS55
Wow! There are no words that can express MHP. I came in here not to long ago and Andy from MHP was biting everyones head off just talking alot of smack but now look at him. I'll tell you one thing. I smell! I smell!!!! cough,cough I smell! some P*****$$y. ANDY you dunn dunnit my ni**a.

As for you Jim I hope you get this all your money back plus more from this *****. Let's put this guys rear in gear or should I say this queers rear in gear.
LOL...
Old 02-12-2009, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
78 active viewers, everyone likes a watch a train wreck
Train wreck? No, this is more like a 747 crashing into a river, bursting into flames, and then sinking.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:03 PM
LZH
Banned

I have a way of knowing how to annoy people
Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back for having such marvelous talent. Not to mention your excellent street racing....Keep up the good work.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:16 PM

2008 SLR
Originally Posted by LZH
Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back for having such marvelous talent. Not to mention your excellent street racing....Keep up the good work.
Could you explain something to me? I'm not meaning to start anything here just trying to figure out why you displayed such allegiance to MHP prior to having any success with them or their products? I'm trying to figure out what drives people towards such a strong desire for an affiliation of sorts. You defended them as if they were family members that could do no wrong. Could you please clarify your prior support of them and explosiveness displayed toward other members who voiced their opinions against them? What was your position based on? Just curious.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:26 PM

2005 E55
I've never used this popcorn smilie before...thought it was time... :P
Old 02-12-2009, 06:34 PM

14-F Sport, 07-CLS63 2003-HUMMER 2004-Suburban 2008-MAX 2005-YZF R1
Originally Posted by BG Tuning
Okay again alot of missinformation and out right untruths, I do the tuning for MHP, We do not need or do we use or resell powerchips/LET/Rentech/Kleemen/Evosport/ Etc... files or tunes, we have 100% access to the ecu not 70% or 80% like others, I think it is a injustace for other companies to ask for our tunes so they can look at them. I don't need or care to see other tuner stuff, I trust my own tuning ability. If a customer has an issue with our tunes they can send it back and I will retune or adjust,,The fact is we have tuned multiple vehicles with excellent results, both in engine performance and transmission shifting performance. With posted so everyone can see dyno results/track times/and pure out driveability. We have even tuned vehicles with other vendors prevoius tunes and have had them do unbias a/b comparisions. We have had no problem calling out other tuners for a shoot out, which we have multiple times in the past and nobody showed up to disput our results. We have had nothing to hide and Andy has been more than fair showing our results and improvments as we have progressed and made updates. If we made a misstake we are human and will fix. If by chance a ECU did not get tuned it wasn't done on purpose and again I have no problem making it right. It is a said issue that if by chance a ECU went out undone that people and or other vendors right away want to say we are frauds or selling other vendors stuff, all you vendors or socalled experts should be ashamed for allowing this mess to get to the point is it at. That is a complete untruth and outright slander. I have been tuning vehicles for over 20 years and have tuned probly every package avalible, Hell they said on the Lexus forum that I could not tune a new ISF so I tuned it for them, or that I could not tune a Toyota truck so I tuned it for them also. I don't have the time or space to be pulled into this mess. Again We have had nothing to hide and will continue to keep on showing our results.

Whats up with a free tune.... I'll try it! Can I get hooked up.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:55 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by BRUTALLYHONEST
Could you explain something to me? I'm not meaning to start anything here just trying to figure out why you displayed such allegiance to MHP prior to having any success with them or their products? I'm trying to figure out what drives people towards such a strong desire for an affiliation of sorts. You defended them as if they were family members that could do no wrong. Could you please clarify your prior support of them and explosiveness displayed toward other members who voiced their opinions against them? What was your position based on? Just curious.

Good question and one that I feel deserves an answer...
I've said many times that I am not really interested in tuning my Black Series; I feel that it has plenty of power for what it is and in the hands of a good driver can be very quick on a road course where it was designed to run. My only gripe was that AMG released the throttle blip for downshift with the Speedshift PLUS software shortly after the Black Series was released. I felt jipped. Even though this would not make the car faster, in my opinion, it would make the car more involving and fun to drive on the street especially for me considering I only drive in M mode.
Enter MHP. If you go back and look at Andy's first thread here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...=Thermalnators

You will see that I in fact did grill him quite a bit at first and questioned his bragadocious, know it all attitude. Some time passed and I wanted to see exactly what would come of MHP. Then came the claims of being able to tune the TCU and give us 63 owners the downshift throttle blip that I wanted. Again, Andy defended himself and his ability very well. He always had an answer, seemed technically knowledgeable and held his ground when it came to pissing matches around here - I liked that. However, I felt his tune was way overpriced and even asked if I could JUST get a TCU tune. Remember all the debate over selling the tunes separately ??? Wonder why Andy was so adamant that the ECU/TCU tune had to be sold and mated together....The answer is now apparent.
Anyway, I sat on the sidelines as the early adopters tried his products and all the initial reports came back with great results and happy customers. Jrcart being one as we have the same car. I spoke privately with Andy many times and he gave a good pitch....which made me wonder. Then came MIR and more results came rolling in, none of which I felt were that great considering the cost. So, I decided to just live with my car in stock form until I could actually get my hands on a car with the MHP tune firsthand. That chance came on Jan 15 of this year with Jrcarts car when he let me drive it at Willow. There were no rev matched downshifts whatsoever. The power was great but his car is highly modified so I really couldn't tell what to attribute the increased power to. I will say that the throttle response was amazing. The rest is history - here we are and I am glad that I waited this one out. Sure, I was a "cheerleader" for MHP, too. I got fooled as did others and the evidence posted earlier by Brad seems irrefutable. I guess I'm just a bit too trusting and honest. At least that’s what my wife tells me...But hey, she works at a talent agency in Hollywood so what does she know about honesty ???

Last edited by LZH; 02-12-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Jrcart, I asked a couple questions in post #143 - with all the info flying around, it‘s probably difficult to keep up with everything - unless you chose not to bother, which is fine as well.

Originally Posted by Timeless
Originally Posted by enzom
Devil's advocate number 3, sort of:

If all tuners lock their codes, how did Andy get Powerchips' program?
From what I understand you can COPY anyone's tune back and forth. Getting into the parameters of the tune is the hard part...to make changes.

Sort like copying a password protected document or spreadsheet is EASY...opening, viewing, and editing is the hard part without the password (or key in this instance).
This is along the lines of what I thought as well - anecdotally, this seems to mesh with what I’ve been told by another tuner who offers a money-back guarantee. Paraphrasing, I was told “when we get your ECU, we make a back-up copy of the tune on it and save it here - then erase the ECU and flash our tune to it. If you like our tune, great - that’s what we’re going for; if you don’t, send the ECU back, we’ll flash it back and refund your purchase.” The fact that the Powerchip file reviewed by evo/PC was table by table, parameter by parameter, glitch by glitch, identical seems to support this, doesn’t it? If the “key” unlocked the file but was found to be an altered tune, wouldn’t that seem much more damning by comparison? I picture Dave pulling up files from BG’s server, going into a directory, “H: CLIENTS, JRCART, V1, V2, V3, ORIGINAL FILE” - tabbing down to the appropriate file, and clicking “FLASH FILE Y/N?” or something - that could be way off of what it’s actually like, however.

Brad has mentioned that MHP flashing the PC tune back onto the ECU isn’t possible - MHP could only flash jrcart’s ECU back to stock; but since it wasn’t stock when MHP got it, how could they do that? Take it to a local dealership? And why exactly couldn’t they make a mirror copy of the PC tune and store it on a server, in case jrcart wanted to be flashed back to it? I don’t know much about tuning, so this is the part I’m having a hard time wrapping my brain around, I guess. Maybe someone can elaborate.

Originally Posted by jrcart
Originally Posted by hbr
I read MHP didn't do anything to the ECU for $5K ?
Actually, I only paid $2500 for each tune, but your post pretty much sums it up.
Originally Posted by jrcart
I, nor anyone from Evosport or Powerchip are claiming Andy "stole" anything, all we are contesting is that I did not get the product I paid for and was promised. Whether done intentionally or un-intentionally may never be proven from either side, but the facts are that I did not get what I paid for.
Therein lies the rub. By the substantial posts of both subjective and objective data presented via MBW, I think it’s safe to sincerely believe that your MHP v1, v2, and NOS tunes were distinct, proprietary MHP tunes. The question we may never know is “what the heck happened on v3?” If you’re unhappy with their tuning, by all rights you should be able to go back to stock (or another tune) and get a refund, IMHO.

I will say this, no matter how unpopular it may be: it seems MHP has made some mistakes, but what I really think is on trial here is Andy (specifically, his personality). From day one, he’s thrown down the gauntlet, put a big target on his back, and said “bring it on” to any and every other tuner - all while charging premium prices. That would literally be insane if he was an out-and-out fraud selling a stolen PC tune. He’s brash, arrogant, and at times even rude and unprofessional. His posts have at times offended many (myself included); there are folks on here that seem to literally *hate* him, based on his internet persona. He also appears to be highly competent and has extensive technical knowledge when it comes to modding and tuning. He’s been pretty open about mistakes made (more so that some other tuners typically would be), and asks “if we make a mistake, fine - we’re human, we try to avoid it but it’s going to happen sometimes. Give us *one* shot to make it right; if we don’t/can’t, by all means fire us, hire someone else, and we’ll fully refund your money.” That really is a pretty fair offer, I think.

I'm not MHP, and cannot speak for Andy. That said, IF I were MHP, I would address as follows:

Jrcart - full refund if you want it; but we’d love a shot for you to drive our v3 for real. We’ll flash it, you drive it, if you don’t like it, we’ll flash you back and refund all your money. Your call.

Jakpro1 - full refund if you want it, and AT LEAST a 50% refund even if we get another shot for correcting the TCU tune and you’re happy with it, because of the massive inconvenience of the delay.

Mach5: similar to Jakpro1 + potentially a new MB ECU in case the original one was lost, stolen, misplaced, or damaged.

My two cents, take ‘em or leave ‘em. I’ve been beta testing an MHP ECU/TCU tune for my C32 for about a month now, and it’s seemed pretty stout so far. Dyno results next week - and no I’m not going to throw Andy under the bus just yet, even though it’s obviously become the fashionable thing to do here. I have every confidence that if I become unhappy with results/drivability/other, Andy would make good on the “money back guarantee” offer.

Finally, IF Andy/MHP is a fraud, I will say I’ve lost some respect for MBWorld, the site, and IB the owner. MHP is frequently the headline banner sponsor when I’m on here, and is the sub forum sponsor for two sub forums (including THE most popular sub-forum on the site). Who are the other sub forum sponsors? Kleemann, Lorinser, ALLDATA, and Tire Rack. Not exactly Mickey-Mouse companies… which certainly lends credibility to MHP and their products. And if he isn’t a fraud but his company made a few fixable mistakes, it really is a shame if his business and reputation is irreparably damaged or destroyed by these events. Time will tell.

End rant.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:10 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Jrcart, I asked a couple questions in post #143 - with all the info flying around, it‘s probably difficult to keep up with everything - unless you chose not to bother, which is fine as well.

This is along the lines of what I thought as well - anecdotally, this seems to mesh with what I’ve been told by another tuner who offers a money-back guarantee. Paraphrasing, I was told “when we get your ECU, we make a back-up copy of the tune on it and save it here - then erase the ECU and flash our tune to it. If you like our tune, great - that’s what we’re going for; if you don’t, send the ECU back, we’ll flash it back and refund your purchase.” The fact that the Powerchip file reviewed by evo/PC was table by table, parameter by parameter, glitch by glitch, identical seems to support this, doesn’t it? If the “key” unlocked the file but was found to be an altered tune, wouldn’t that seem much more damning by comparison? I picture Dave pulling up files from BG’s server, going into a directory, “H: CLIENTS, JRCART, V1, V2, V3, ORIGINAL FILE” - tabbing down to the appropriate file, and clicking “FLASH FILE Y/N?” or something - that could be way off of what it’s actually like, however.

Brad has mentioned that MHP flashing the PC tune back onto the ECU isn’t possible - MHP could only flash jrcart’s ECU back to stock; but since it wasn’t stock when MHP got it, how could they do that? Take it to a local dealership? And why exactly couldn’t they make a mirror copy of the PC tune and store it on a server, in case jrcart wanted to be flashed back to it? I don’t know much about tuning, so this is the part I’m having a hard time wrapping my brain around, I guess. Maybe someone can elaborate.

Therein lies the rub. By the substantial posts of both subjective and objective data presented via MBW, I think it’s safe to sincerely believe that your MHP v1, v2, and NOS tunes were distinct, proprietary MHP tunes. The question we may never know is “what the heck happened on v3?” If you’re unhappy with their tuning, by all rights you should be able to go back to stock (or another tune) and get a refund, IMHO.

I will say this, no matter how unpopular it may be: it seems MHP has made some mistakes, but what I really think is on trial here is Andy (specifically, his personality). From day one, he’s thrown down the gauntlet, put a big target on his back, and said “bring it on” to any and every other tuner - all while charging premium prices. That would literally be insane if he was an out-and-out fraud selling a stolen PC tune. He’s brash, arrogant, and at times even rude and unprofessional. His posts have at times offended many (myself included); there are folks on here that seem to literally *hate* him, based on his internet persona. He also appears to be highly competent and has extensive technical knowledge when it comes to modding and tuning. He’s been pretty open about mistakes made (more so that some other tuners typically would be), and asks “if we make a mistake, fine - we’re human, we try to avoid it but it’s going to happen sometimes. Give us *one* shot to make it right; if we don’t/can’t, by all means fire us, hire someone else, and we’ll fully refund your money.” That really is a pretty fair offer, I think.

I'm not MHP, and cannot speak for Andy. That said, IF I were MHP, I would address as follows:

Jrcart - full refund if you want it; but we’d love a shot for you to drive our v3 for real. We’ll flash it, you drive it, if you don’t like it, we’ll flash you back and refund all your money. Your call.

Jakpro1 - full refund if you want it, and AT LEAST a 50% refund even if we get another shot for correcting the TCU tune and you’re happy with it, because of the massive inconvenience of the delay.

Mach5: similar to Jakpro1 + potentially a new MB ECU in case the original one was lost, stolen, misplaced, or damaged.

My two cents, take ‘em or leave ‘em. I’ve been beta testing an MHP ECU/TCU tune for my C32 for about a month now, and it’s seemed pretty stout so far. Dyno results next week - and no I’m not going to throw Andy under the bus just yet, even though it’s obviously become the fashionable thing to do here. I have every confidence that if I become unhappy with results/drivability/other, Andy would make good on the “money back guarantee” offer.

Finally, IF Andy/MHP is a fraud, I will say I’ve lost some respect for MBWorld, the site, and IB the owner. MHP is frequently the headline banner sponsor when I’m on here, and is the sub forum sponsor for two sub forums (including THE most popular sub-forum on the site). Who are the other sub forum sponsors? Kleemann, Lorinser, ALLDATA, and Tire Rack. Not exactly Mickey-Mouse companies… which certainly lends credibility to MHP and their products. And if he isn’t a fraud but his company made a few fixable mistakes, it really is a shame if his business and reputation is irreparably damaged or destroyed by these events. Time will tell.

End rant.
Great post and I've said it before...this just seems crazy to me. Above in bold is what I'm really having a hard time understanding as well...I just don't get it ????? As much as everyone seems to hate Andy these days, you cannot call him ignorent. Yes ye comes across as a jerk, but he is certainly not stupid. Then why would he be SO STUPID, knowing Jims car was going to Wllow and going to be under at Evosport, why in God's name would he send a stolen PC tune into the lions den ??? It just doesn't make sense....Especially considering there are C63 guys out there with the MHP tune who are happy....I'd really like to get some other current MHP users to goto a 3rd party and have their tunes read to see if everyone got the same PC tune. That's the only way this is going to be sorted out.

Last edited by LZH; 02-12-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
I will say this, no matter how unpopular it may be: it seems MHP has made some mistakes, but what I really think is on trial here is Andy (specifically, his personality). From day one, he’s thrown down the gauntlet, put a big target on his back, and said “bring it on” to any and every other tuner - all while charging premium prices.
This is probably a very good reason why people are not so unhappy to see MHP fall down a notch (several notches or totally even).

Those with MHP tunes are going to defend it for no other reason to stay on his good side and hopefully get some resolution.

Competitors will jump on this or at the very least sit back and smile.

When you put yourself on such a high pedestal, it is a long way down.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:27 PM

G55

End rant.
same thing for me - I don't understand how it supposedly is not possible to mess with the PC tune because it is locked and neither can it be reflashed, yet there has been some adjusting done to the "TCU influencing" part of the ECU. Doesn't make 100% sense
\
too much clutter in this forum, silly to have to read thru some much personal attack BS here

Last edited by gollard; 02-12-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Any tuner or service shop with dealer level tuning or diagnostic tools can reset an ECU to stock, FYI.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:45 PM

G55
so didn't jcart ever feel any differences between v1,v2,v3; did he never report any changes on shifting?
If in fact MHP couldn't flash back to the PC tune - he has been driving the same PC tune every time and not noticed???
lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: MHP/JRCART....The Rest Of The Story