W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Famoso Test & Tune 2/21 Anyone Going?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2009 | 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Famoso Test & Tune 2/21 Anyone Going?

Ok, I'm going to try to curb my emotions and try to bring some sort of order back to the forum...you guys have my word.

Now, back on track...literally

So, are any of you guys doing the test & tune at Famoso on the 21st? I am planning on going, so long as the air quality, and temps looks resonable and it's not raining. I know test & tunes are more about waiting in lines than racing, but I want to take advantage of the opportunity, it is still a couple months before tracks in Chicago open up and I have a few more new goodies I am eager to test out
Old 02-13-2009 | 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by jrcart
Ok, I'm going to try to curb my emotions and try to bring some sort of order back to the forum...you guys have my word.

Now, back on track...literally

So, are any of you guys doing the test & tune at Famoso on the 21st? I am planning on going, so long as the air quality, and temps looks resonable and it's not raining. I know test & tunes are more about waiting in lines than racing, but I want to take advantage of the opportunity, it is still a couple months before tracks in Chicago open up and I have a few more new goodies I am eager to test out

Jim,

I'm going..... along with Shawn, Juicee, Serge, and a couple of other people. However, we're going on Sunday instead of Saturday because it'll be a little less busy. On Saturday, people actually camp out Friday night at the gates not to mention it's the opening test n tune of the season. By the way, they also have another test n tune the following weekend on Saturday and on Sunday.

Weather is not looking so good right now, there's a 60% chance of rain..... but I'll keep you and others updated as we get closer to the weekend.
Old 02-13-2009 | 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Jim,

I'm going..... along with Shawn, Juicee, Serge, and a couple of other people. However, we're going on Sunday instead of Saturday because it'll be a little less busy. On Saturday, people actually camp out Friday night at the gates not to mention it's the opening test n tune of the season. By the way, they also have another test n tune the following weekend on Saturday and on Sunday.

Weather is not looking so good right now, there's a 60% chance of rain..... but I'll keep you and others updated as we get closer to the weekend.
I'm supposed to be flying home Sunday afternoon, but I suppose an extra day in SoCal won't hurt. I guess count me in for Sunday.

As for the following weekend, that's MIR isn't it? I might be running out there as well, so I don't think I'll be at Famoso the following week.

Are there any cars and coffee meets or anything going on Saturday? Maybe some Mexico runs BTW, I'll have a buddy with a C6 with me as well.
Old 02-13-2009 | 08:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Mexicali? If in OC, I'm in.
Old 02-13-2009 | 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I'm supposed to be flying home Sunday afternoon, but I suppose an extra day in SoCal won't hurt. I guess count me in for Sunday.

As for the following weekend, that's MIR isn't it? I might be running out there as well, so I don't think I'll be at Famoso the following week.

Are there any cars and coffee meets or anything going on Saturday? Maybe some Mexico runs BTW, I'll have a buddy with a C6 with me as well.
Jim, I can still meet you on Saturday at the track if you have to leave on Sunday, you'll still be able to get at least 2 runs in. Please let me know which day you want to go..... given, of course, the weather cooperates
Old 02-14-2009 | 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Jim, I can still meet you on Saturday at the track if you have to leave on Sunday, you'll still be able to get at least 2 runs in. Please let me know which day you want to go..... given, of course, the weather cooperates
I will definately come.. Mo on the wheels for Shawn , I will give hime my set to try so he can see if it offers any advantage at all . This way he can save some coin in case it fails to produce the 1.62 60 ft times!!

been awfully cold lately, the car just feels like it is ready to break a record?

RICK I NEED MY WHEELS!!

I can drink more beer and eat more hot dogs than any member of this forum, last time out I displayed a command, a restraint not seen since the 1980's. This time Im going to eat , Im going to drink, and Im going to once again be the worlds fastest CLS 63
Old 02-14-2009 | 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mo, thanks for the offer, I think I am going to change my flight so I can attend Sunday, if it's going to be less crowded it probably makes more sense, unless the weather looks like it is going to be better on Saturday vs. Sunday and I will not make that decision until Friday dependent on what the forecast is calling for.

...all I'm looking for is 4/100th's
Old 02-14-2009 | 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
60 % chance of rain? If the weather gets better count me in. I have only run a stock tune, then a 91 tune and this time I will run the 100 octane super sonic flux cap tune Oh and my other setup is now 100%. As I said before I hate the dyno #'s it all how we get down the track
Jim you have some real fun with your car I thought I was NUTS
H/C yet. I'm waiting on you..
Josh if I go you can use my wheels, If I don't go, come by the Dealership and pick them up.
Old 02-14-2009 | 01:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
, If I don't go, come by the Dealership and pick them up.
Is Josh in this area? I thought he was in LA for some reason. If you go, can I ride along? I wanna see your setup running proper. She's fast......for a CLS
Old 02-14-2009 | 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
Is Josh in this area? I thought he was in LA for some reason. If you go, can I ride along? I wanna see your setup running proper. She's fast......for a CLS

Jangy, why don't you take you beast and see what she could do. I bet you could get her into the 11.3-4's if the weather stays cool. I'm curious to know what other VR600's are running.
Old 02-14-2009 | 04:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I don't have wheels (my HREs are off and need to be repaired) and in mid install of exhaust from Vadim. I should be back in a few weeks and then I can run all year.
Old 02-14-2009 | 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by jangy
Yes Josh is in the LA area.... If you can get to where I'm at, you can ride with me to the track

I'll update you guys on the weather conditions as we get closer to the event
Old 02-14-2009 | 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes Josh is in the LA area.... If you can get to where I'm at, you can ride with me to the track

I'll update you guys on the weather conditions as we get closer to the event
Mo, how many staging lanes do they have at Famoso? I assume they have staging lanes for different categories of cars, right? One or two designated lanes for steet cars? Is there anyone we can grease/bribe to get our own lane or that will allow us to bypass the lines? Usually a few hundred bucks in the right peoples hands and no more waiting, that's how it works in Chicago anyhow. I would like to get at least 5 passes in, I have a couple new things that I need to experiment with.
Old 02-14-2009 | 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Mo, how many staging lanes do they have at Famoso? I assume they have staging lanes for different categories of cars, right? One or two designated lanes for steet cars? Is there anyone we can grease/bribe to get our own lane or that will allow us to bypass the lines? Usually a few hundred bucks in the right peoples hands and no more waiting, that's how it works in Chicago anyhow. I would like to get at least 5 passes in, I have a couple new things that I need to experiment with.
There are 2 lanes, but we will likely be sharing them between street cars, funny cars and top fuel, bikes, and even 1 or 2 full size dragsters So hopefully the track will be prepped very well. I'm not really sure how the "greasing" will work over there, but if you like, we can always try By the way, I believe your car will run 10s with absolutely no change than it was during our last rental. Had we just had 500 ft of lower DA, you probably would've hit it last month

I just hope the weather cooperates, as it's not looking good at all right now...... 60% chance of rain
Old 02-15-2009 | 01:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
By the way, I believe your car will run 10s with absolutely no change than it was during our last rental. Had we just had 500 ft of lower DA, you probably would've hit it last month

I think the conditions would have let him do it. He ran out of time and was selecting the worst lanes (they continually changed). One clean run in the right lane early or the left lane late and he would have been there. I agree with Mo that the setup was ready for 10s. I heard 125 shot so why not?
Old 02-15-2009 | 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Hey Jang If I go you can hitch a ride with me. We can stop by LA and hook up with Josh too.. The setup is will be 100% this time
Old 02-15-2009 | 02:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Hey Jang If I go you can hitch a ride with me. We can stop by LA and hook up with Josh too.. The setup is will be 100% this time

Let me know. I'd love to ride up and hang out. i also want to see how bouyant the floaties are...
Old 02-20-2009 | 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
So far, weather.com is predicting 40% chance of rain, but it keeps jumping between 40% and 60%
Old 02-20-2009 | 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry guys, my car is not done yet, I'm still in Chicago, I'm not going to be able to make it. Good luck to any of you guys that run your cars...Josh, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for 11's for you.
Old 02-20-2009 | 08:43 AM

CLK Black
jcart, I had hoped for some more videos.....
Old 02-20-2009 | 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG Dictator
jcart, I had hoped for some more videos.....
I have several track events planned over the next several weeks, including the Texas Mile top speed event, I will post vids when I get them.
Old 02-20-2009 | 10:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Why not just run with the stock driveshaft? This isn't a smartass comment, I'm being serious. If you want to run just have them put your stock driveshaft back in and go run until whatever parts you need come in. That's what I would do
Old 02-20-2009 | 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Why not just run with the stock driveshaft? This isn't a smartass comment, I'm being serious. If you want to run just have them put your stock driveshaft back in and go run until whatever parts you need come in. That's what I would do
I would have except parts of the slip yokes from my stock drive shaft assembly had to be used for the new shaft so I am SOL!
Old 02-20-2009 | 01:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I would have except parts of the slip yokes from my stock drive shaft assembly had to be used for the new shaft so I am SOL!
Oh man that sucks! Good luck
Old 02-20-2009 | 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
No worries....... it looks like the event will get rained out anyways There is another open night test n tune on the following weekend. Maybe Josh and I will get a chance to run a couple of times.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Famoso Test & Tune 2/21 Anyone Going?