Sponsored by:

LET Motorsports converter...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
LET Motorsports converter...

I had a chance to jump in Torey's Black 05 E55 (member - 01bolt) and take it for a spin yesterday after an LET Motorsports converter was installed.

Bottom line: The overall normal driving conditions are the same, subtle and very tame yet it jumps into the RPMs very quick but gracefully and is smooth across the curve through all gears.

One can instantly tell the difference in the stall. Not to mention, before and after drives and one can tell the converter woke the car up even more. Smile on my face would show it was more fun to drive than mine, but would never admit that to Torey (even though he will probably read this).

It drives and transitions through the higher RPM very smoothly. If I were guessing to how much RPM jump before and after and or compared to my car; anywhere from 400 to 600 quicker/greater RPM jump.

All in all, I would highly recommend one and a person will definitely be able to tell the difference yet have no drivability issues. Speaking of which, I am finding myself spending more and more money on my car just to keep up with others.

Cheers,
Allen

Last edited by Almo; 02-20-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Almo,

A little off topic, but I can't help myself. You seem like a nice guy, and you also have an '05, so maybe that's why I feel it's ok to rib you. You don't need to impress anyone by giving 5 stipulations for your Cobra's ET... 10.69 @ 128 is all people really care about - and it's impressive no matter what conditions surround it. Listing pulley sizes, porting, nitrous, year, whatever is really just silly. My '05 E55 is the quick/fastest 2005, obsidian black, 2005 build, midwest based, cpt built, 35% tinted E55 on the planet too

Just my $.02 - and again, all in good fun.

-m
Old 02-20-2009, 04:45 PM

2005 E55 AMG
You're right, I should change my sig to read "The nicest guy this side of the Mississippi with a wrapped up has been Rustang" LOL

How do you like the 65 compared to your E? I was looking at 06 65s just the other day. Waiting the market out a bit longer before a pull the trigger on something else.

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Almo,

A little off topic, but I can't help myself. You seem like a nice guy, and you also have an '05, so maybe that's why I feel it's ok to rib you. You don't need to impress anyone by giving 5 stipulations for your Cobra's ET... 10.69 @ 128 is all people really care about - and it's impressive no matter what conditions surround it. Listing pulley sizes, porting, nitrous, year, whatever is really just silly. My '05 E55 is the quick/fastest 2005, obsidian black, 2005 build, midwest based, cpt built, 35% tinted E55 on the planet too

-m

Last edited by Almo; 02-20-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
Believe it or not....Those things are important in the stang community Marcus. If you dont put it in ur sig---people constantly ask you....what lower? what pulley? ect ect...
Old 02-22-2009, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by Almo
You're right, I should change my sig to read "The nicest guy this side of the Mississippi with a wrapped up has been Rustang" LOL

How do you like the 65 compared to your E? I was looking at 06 65s just the other day. Waiting the market out a bit longer before a pull the trigger on something else.
I could write a book on the 65 vs E my friend. I am always willing to help out a fellow forum member, so drop me an email if you want to talk more. They actually are great compliments to each other.

HYEPWR:

I have no doubt it's important in the mustang community, just saying that we're on a Mercedes forum here...

-m
Old 02-22-2009, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Almo,

-m
That is a cobra guy thing and is done all over the cobra forums to show what you have. That is the first thing guys asks you over on those forums so why not list it from the get go.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:16 PM

2005 E55 AMG

I have no doubt it's important in the mustang community, just saying that we're on a Mercedes forum here...

-m
I kind of knew it was a bit more than just stipulations and silliness to you in your original post. Above seems to show the real reason wasn't due to what you posted in your original post but because it resides under my name on a MB Forum. Maybe because I stated something positive about LET?

Either way, I don't see the big crying deal about it... but that is just me. I guess I could tell you the 50 other cars I have owned or list all the ones I own and or could own but then again I find it silly to list such; yet I don't go and rib people because they feel the need to post such.

Regarding my 03 Cobra, I have driven the car to the quickest/fastest times that I have and no one, and I mean NO ONE, has done such at 3 different levels of combos on an 03/04 Cobra. I also like how you poked fun with the tint statement trying to take away from what I accomplished but please know, I just didn't post whatever combo I felt to try and claim my 03 Cobra as the quickest/fastest. Go to any Mustang forum and ask about the car and the ET/Traps they have run and ask about the quickest/fastest times/mphs being run and you can bet your breakfast that my name will always come up; tint or not!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I kind of knew it was a bit more than just stipulations and silliness to you in your original post. Above seems to show the real reason wasn't due to what you posted in your original post but because it resides under my name on a MB Forum. Maybe because I stated something positive about LET?

Either way, I don't see the big crying deal about it... but that is just me. I guess I could tell you the 50 other cars I have owned or list all the ones I own and or could own but then again I find it silly to list such; yet I don't go and rib people because they feel the need to post such.

Regarding my 03 Cobra, I have driven the car to the quickest/fastest times that I have and no one, and I mean NO ONE, has done such at 3 different levels of combos on an 03/04 Cobra. I also like how you poked fun with the tint statement trying to take away from what I accomplished but please know, I just didn't post whatever combo I felt to try and claim my 03 Cobra as the quickest/fastest. Go to any Mustang forum and ask about the car and the ET/Traps they have run and ask about the quickest/fastest times/mphs being run and you can bet your breakfast that my name will always come up; tint or not!
Almo is the man when it comes to the fastest terminator with a pulley only combo. I do miss that car too since I switched over Don't let them bust your acorns to hard bro.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Thanks very much for your review -

Drivability was a major concern during the R&D phase, and we are glad to hear the positive feedback. Many of these cars are daily drivers, and the HSTC was designed around that purpose.

I had a chance to jump in Torey's Black 05 E55 (member - 01bolt) and take it for a spin yesterday after an LET Motorsports converter was installed.

Bottom line: The overall normal driving conditions are the same, subtle and very tame yet it jumps into the RPMs very quick but gracefully and is smooth across the curve through all gears.

One can instantly tell the difference in the stall. Not to mention, before and after drives and one can tell the converter woke the car up even more. Smile on my face would show it was more fun to drive than mine, but would never admit that to Torey (even though he will probably read this).

It drives and transitions through the higher RPM very smoothly. If I were guessing to how much RPM jump before and after and or compared to my car; anywhere from 400 to 600 quicker/greater RPM jump.

All in all, I would highly recommend one and a person will definitely be able to tell the difference yet have no drivability issues. Speaking of which, I am finding myself spending more and more money on my car just to keep up with others.

Cheers,
Allen
Old 02-23-2009, 10:15 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Thanks very much for your review -

Drivability was a major concern during the R&D phase, and we are glad to hear the positive feedback. Many of these cars are daily drivers, and the HSTC was designed around that purpose.
No problem Wayne, I am very impressed with the quality of ride with it installed. Great stuff!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
Wayne,

Are you going to bring some product with you?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by OXOJE55
Wayne,

Are you going to bring some product with you?
I'm going to try and bring some pulleys and a converter.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:09 AM

01 lightning,05e55amg
Well after a week with the converter all i can say is WOW it acts like stock all the time untill you stomp the gas then HOLD ON it schould come with a new set of rear tires. By far this is one of the best mods i have done.
Thanks Jerry and Wayne for a great product
Old 02-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
let's see before & after dynos... :clap:
Old 02-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by MJ50
It's reflected more in your timeslip than your dyno sheet.

I need to find a Maha or a Mustang dyno that would enable our cars to pull from just off-idle.

On most dynos, the loading (or lack thereof) doesn't reflect what the car expects, and it downshifts.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
I dont really understood what diff this to9rgue converter made ??? us can launch from higher RPMs or it shift gear faster ???
Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 PM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts
E550
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
I dont really understood what diff this to9rgue converter made ??? us can launch from higher RPMs or it shift gear faster ???

It basically allows the transmission to "slip" more so that the your car is in the higher rpm ranges (where more power is) more often. it does not affect how fast the tranny shifts but adjusts the shift extension. What that means is your car will be in a higher rpm range after each shift than stock.

Hope this helps

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-p...-converter.htm

I had a 3600 stall in my previous ride and I agree a torque converter is one of the best mods I ever did, it cut my 1/4 mile time down by .5 second and 3 of those tenths were in my 60ft!!! Not sure if I will be getting one for this vehicle though as traction is already an issue...
Old 02-26-2009, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
hey buddy, sure miss you around here!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars

Almo,

You are getting offended by what I was writing - so I apologize. It really wasn't meant to get this kind of response. I've been around a lot of modified cars in my day and I understand the merits of achieving a certain et/mph within the confines of a particular setup, I am just not used to seeing so many stipulations.

I would never be upset at anyone for saying anything positive about LET? I don't even know where that comment came from.

Please return to the normal discussion.

-m
Old 02-26-2009, 06:03 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MJ50
If you could actually translate on paper then you would have to squeeze the dyno paper together to show the run was done quicker after the converter was installed.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:08 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Almo,

You are getting offended by what I was writing - so I apologize. It really wasn't meant to get this kind of response. I've been around a lot of modified cars in my day and I understand the merits of achieving a certain et/mph within the confines of a particular setup, I am just not used to seeing so many stipulations.

I would never be upset at anyone for saying anything positive about LET? I don't even know where that comment came from.

Please return to the normal discussion.

-m
Speaking of stipulations... why do you place a list of current and past cars in your sig as well as pictures. I will never understand why people do this. I think I would need two pages of sig area if I listed all my past rides. LOL

Not to mention, isn't a CPT Cooling Package an LET cooling package?

Last edited by Almo; 02-26-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:24 PM

2001 clk55 AMG
Speaking of stipulations...

what does the color of toreys car have to do with anything
J/K dont get to upset...

Cheers,
Allen
Old 02-26-2009, 06:30 PM

01 lightning,05e55amg
hey its the same color as yours....
Old 02-26-2009, 06:31 PM

2001 clk55 AMG
thats true but yours is faster
Old 02-26-2009, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Speaking of stipulations... why do you place a list of current and past cars in your sig as well as pictures. I will never understand why people do this. I think I would need two pages of sig area if I listed all my past rides. LOL

Not to mention, isn't a CPT Cooling Package an LET cooling package?
Almo,

I list my former MBs (and only my former MBs) because people often ask questions about them, such as how my cars compared (SL600 vs SL65 I get a lot, used to get a lot of W210 vs W211 questions). I don't list my former MBs on any non-mb forums. I feel my MB experience is relevant to the forums, and my signature is one way of giving credence to that.

CPT sourced, fabricated, and welded my cooling package - so no, it's not an LET cooling package? Why do you keep trying to make this some anti-LET thing?

-m

Last edited by Marcus Frost; 02-26-2009 at 06:37 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LET Motorsports converter...