*** VRP 55/65 TCUs ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
*** VRP 55/65 TCUs ***

I have been testing the 55K TCU on my car for a few weeks now. I also have 2 other members that are running this mod with great results.

We have the ability to change the torque limit parameters to whatever the customer desires.. You can tell me by what percentage to increase the limits, or we can zero them out completely.

On my car and on Nate's car they are zero'd out. My car however has a built trans (VRP Bullet trans). I would not recommend it zero'd out for a stock car because the stock clutch packs will not be able to handle the extra power and you will wear them out sooner.

One is being put together for Marko's car and he will be able to give some feedback on the 65 side of things. This should bring his car down to a low 10s car since it will be able to put the full 1100lb/ft through the trans.

On the 55 side, Nate describes it as "Driving in dyno mode." .. lol.. You can ask him for first hand impressions.

Also, I know alot of vendors offer this service. Be CAREFUL what you buy because some of them dont really do what they are supposed to. If you really want to know if the mod is working you need to hook up STAR DAS to your car BEFORE you get the TCU flashed and check the live parameter for TORQUE OUTPUT. You will see somewhere around 600 - 700nm on the 55s depending on which make and year of car. On the 65s, I believe this limit is 800nm - 900nm.

Then, once you have your stock baseline, check the revised TCU and see if that number changed. On a zero'd out 55, that number will be as high as the engine can produce. My car is making over 800lb/ft according to DAS.

I have a bulk purchase agreement with my vendor and can offer this service to ALL 55 and 65 cars for $1095!!!!!!

Email: sales@vrptuning.com if you would like to purchase.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Nice work! What's the process for getting the TCU flashed?
Old 02-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I will answer that in the next few days.

I am trying to work out the logistics of where the TCU will be shipped for reflashing.

Originally Posted by jmf003
Nice work! What's the process for getting the TCU flashed?
Old 02-22-2009, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Excellent update/product!!!

The one thing I am a little confused about is the stock setting on the 65's. The 800-900NM ratings translate to 590-664lbs-ft tq. I would think that the STAR DAS would read the torque output at the crank. I believe stock 65's are able to get 620-650rwtq on a stock TCU. How do the rwtq #'s translate to the torque output limits?

I think it would be extremely helpful to walk through and show a before dyno with rwtq readings...and show the corresponding torque output limit on the STAR DAS. Then work your magic with the TCU and show the rwtq on the same dyno and how that correlates to the new limit setting. It would be even better if you could show how rwtq changes based on changes to the limiter.

Tom
Old 02-22-2009, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Looks like a great product at a decent price as well!!

Question: Say someone has an initial flash and ups their torque limit to a certain point, and later down the line this person installs more mods, maybe even another power adder (nitrous); will the customer be charged again for a reflash to up their limitations even more?
Old 02-22-2009, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Great to hear. I have zero concerns with the abilty of VRP to deliver the goods as promised. One question I have is if I do this mod does it eliminate that feeling of torque reduction in the 1-2 gear shifts?
Old 02-22-2009, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
interested
Old 02-23-2009, 12:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
In and nice to see classic VRP at it.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by vrus
I have been testing the 55K TCU on my car for a few weeks now. I also have 2 other members that are running this mod with great results.

We have the ability to change the torque limit parameters to whatever the customer desires.. You can tell me by what percentage to increase the limits, or we can zero them out completely.

On my car and on Nate's car they are zero'd out. My car however has a built trans (VRP Bullet trans). I would not recommend it zero'd out for a stock car because the stock clutch packs will not be able to handle the extra power and you will wear them out sooner.

One is being put together for Marko's car and he will be able to give some feedback on the 65 side of things. This should bring his car down to a low 10s car since it will be able to put the full 1100lb/ft through the trans.

On the 55 side, Nate describes it as "Driving in dyno mode." .. lol.. You can ask him for first hand impressions.

Also, I know alot of vendors offer this service. Be CAREFUL what you buy because some of them dont really do what they are supposed to. If you really want to know if the mod is working you need to hook up STAR DAS to your car BEFORE you get the TCU flashed and check the live parameter for TORQUE OUTPUT. You will see somewhere around 600 - 700nm on the 55s depending on which make and year of car. On the 65s, I believe this limit is 800nm - 900nm.

Then, once you have your stock baseline, check the revised TCU and see if that number changed. On a zero'd out 55, that number will be as high as the engine can produce. My car is making over 800lb/ft according to DAS.

I have a bulk purchase agreement with my vendor and can offer this service to ALL 55 and 65 cars for $1095!!!!!!

Email: sales@vrptuning.com if you would like to purchase.
This VRP-TCU tweaking sounds awesome! But doesn't it include changing all other shift parameters quickness/firmness/ maybe throttle blipping, raised rev/limits ect settings?

Or only "change the torque limit parameters to whatever the customer desires.." for $1095

Vadim told me he's perfecting the TCU for 600 as well, would this be part of the VRP product line? Or totally independant from VRP? Having said that will you/VRP be offering a 600 version TCU?

As always, thanks for your time
Old 02-24-2009, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
Any updates
Old 02-24-2009, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
I have been testing the 55K TCU on my car for a few weeks now.
My car however has a built trans (VRP Bullet trans).
My car is making over 800lb/ft according to DAS.
Damn Victor!!

Give us some feed back on how the VRP Bullet Trans, Torque Converter, and TCU are performing together.
With the torque limit parameters zeroed out, how has the shifts and over all performance changed under WOT?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 749 Likes on 730 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker
This VRP-TCU tweaking sounds awesome! But doesn't it include changing all other shift parameters quickness/firmness/ maybe throttle blipping, raised rev/limits ect settings?
+1
and who is it tuned by?
Old 03-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
On stock trans cars the torque limits are raised but not fully removed in order to maintain the life of the trans.

Originally Posted by C32madness
Great to hear. I have zero concerns with the abilty of VRP to deliver the goods as promised. One question I have is if I do this mod does it eliminate that feeling of torque reduction in the 1-2 gear shifts?
No.. what Vadim is doing is something different.

The first priority for me was to control the torque limiters.. There is no throttle blipping in this nor do I even know if this is possible on the 55 platform..

I have this available for 55/600/65 of all model years and models.

I've done a bunch of 55s already. Marko's 65 is being done and this mod will be a requirement on the VR825 package to get the full potential out of it.

Originally Posted by Thericker

Or only "change the torque limit parameters to whatever the customer desires.." for $1095

Vadim told me he's perfecting the TCU for 600 as well, would this be part of the VRP product line? Or totally independant from VRP? Having said that will you/VRP be offering a 600 version TCU?

As always, thanks for your time
It works AWESOME!!! I am tuning the car right now, but , because of the nasty weather up here I only have a few days a week where I can take the opportunity to go out and test the car.

Once I verify the A/F on my tune I will do some in-car video..

Originally Posted by Havoc
Damn Victor!!

Give us some feed back on how the VRP Bullet Trans, Torque Converter, and TCU are performing together.
With the torque limit parameters zeroed out, how has the shifts and over all performance changed under WOT?
There are only 4 real suppliers (coders) of EGS mods for our cars.. Everyone else buys from them or resells their stuff. I am dealing with one of them out of Europe but I have a local flashing tool in the USA that is used to read/write the Siemens EGS52/53 control module. The programming happens locally in USA. This is why I can provide a decent price.. There aren't 4 levels of middlemen involved. I am dealing with the source.

Originally Posted by MJ50
+1
and who is it tuned by?
Old 03-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
victor, will the paddle shifting be quicker with this mod??
Old 03-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Marko's TCU just got finished and I confirmed with my programmer the following was done:

- Shift speed was increased to maximum

- Auto-upshift was disabled in Manual mode.. This is a very annoying feature on the 65. It kicks down automatically and upshifts automatically.. The auto-upshift was disabled and hopefully will not allow auto-downshift either.. We will retest car on the dyno and street to confirm.

- Torque limits set to Zero.

Once Marko gets it back we will have some nice video to show..

Originally Posted by MJ50
victor, will the paddle shifting be quicker with this mod??
Old 03-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Shift speed was increased to maximum
nice! can't wait to see it !
Old 03-05-2009, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
Old 03-05-2009, 05:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
Victor...is this mod actually showing dyno gains??

In other words...if you put this on a stock car ---what can the owner expect?

more power? harder shifts? more boost? less boost dropoff(torque limiting)?
Old 03-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Does Markos car ave a built trans?
Old 03-05-2009, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML320cdi, F250dsl.
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Does Markos car ave a built trans?

No the trans is stock in his car. The thing is that I have not seen the internals of a 65 trans. So we don't know the weak link in it. I've had many 722.6 trannies apart but never a 65. AMG did some magic in there.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Dsmed
No the trans is stock in his car. The thing is that I have not seen the internals of a 65 trans. So we don't know the weak link in it. I've had many 722.6 trannies apart but never a 65. AMG did some magic in there.
I recall readding 1 or 2 clutch packs were different in the 65, can not remember

any way really looking forwrd to see 55 results
Old 04-19-2009, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Question

Cool will we baby AMGs see this mod offered to us?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
The first priority for me was to control the torque limiters.. There is no throttle blipping in this nor do I even know if this is possible on the 55 platform..

I have this available for 55/600/65 of all model years and models.

I've done a bunch of 55s already. Marko's 65 is being done and this mod will be a requirement on the VR825 package to get the full potential out of it.

There are only 4 real suppliers (coders) of EGS mods for our cars.. Everyone else buys from them or resells their stuff. I am dealing with one of them out of Europe but I have a local flashing tool in the USA that is used to read/write the Siemens EGS52/53 control module. The programming happens locally in USA. This is why I can provide a decent price.. There aren't 4 levels of middlemen involved. I am dealing with the source.

Marko's TCU just got finished and I confirmed with my programmer the following was done:

- Shift speed was increased to maximum

- Auto-upshift was disabled in Manual mode.. This is a very annoying feature on the 65. It kicks down automatically and upshifts automatically.. The auto-upshift was disabled and hopefully will not allow auto-downshift either.. We will retest car on the dyno and street to confirm.

- Torque limits set to Zero.

Updates? Video?

Asked Marko about the TCU in another thread, but it was OT there anyway, so didn't want to further hijack.

Since this is a requirement for VR825 (referenced above), and I think there are a couple other VR825 cars running around, can anyone comment about how the TCU tuning affects/impacts the shifting and overall driveability? Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that no further information and/or customer feedback posts have kept the forum up-to-date on this, it was introduced as being a pretty big deal...?
Old 05-09-2009, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
WE NEED INFO
Old 05-09-2009, 02:09 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Updates? Video?

Asked Marko about the TCU in another thread, but it was OT there anyway, so didn't want to further hijack.

Since this is a requirement for VR825 (referenced above), and I think there are a couple other VR825 cars running around, can anyone comment about how the TCU tuning affects/impacts the shifting and overall driveability? Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that no further information and/or customer feedback posts have kept the forum up-to-date on this, it was introduced as being a pretty big deal...?
The TCU is not a requirement for the 825 package as my car has never been to the dyno with the modified TCU. I do not like giving "impressions". I feel that they may be biased and mostly uninformative. I like to track or dyno the product and report the results. I haven't had time to take the car to the track but I can say that it shifts a little later in the rpm range and a bit firmer. I will post track results as soon as I have them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *** VRP 55/65 TCUs ***