New Records Set! 10.78 @ 127.1mph on pump gas and no nitrous

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by jamie furman
In response to LZH's accusations against Ahmad I was one that got the car videod during the pass, and it was done just for guys like LZH! You know, the guys that think if they can't do it no one else can! There was no nitrous! How can you have your nitrous lines in the trunk but have a bottle somewhere else? There are One set of lines and soleniods on his car, that the easiest thing to check, you can't have 2 bottles with one set of lines and soleniods! Get real! I don't own a Merc but I have been around racing for 20 years and have made a few passes myself and I know cars and cheaters and he is not one! I have been racing with the Benz guys for a couple of years now and have really come to respect these cars and the guys who drive them at our rentals. I don't believe 1 person told you that he had nitrous on that car, that is something you made up to start crap, that car sits in the staging lanes with the hood, doors and trunk open all the time, making it very easy to see what is being or not being done. I usually wouldn't post as I just like to read the threads but these accusations are a joke! If I didn't know Ahmad and the integrity of these guys I race with I would not of posted on the thread but I do know them and I know he would not want a record that he didn't really run.
The man has spoken....Jamie welcome to the forum. Get ready to be thrilled with BS like these. Your Viper is a killing machine. Stock roll into the 10's...much respect bro. I was the V12 that lined up agaisnt you. Definitely admire your talents for taking them into the 10's STOCK!.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:27 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
'09 CLK550, '21 Camaro ZL1 1LE, '06 C55 AMG, '20 AMG GT53
What a great day at MIR! You guys are making me think about my next project because 10.58 isn't going to last much longer. I will definitely stay with the V-12 cars. It will have to be an S65 next with similar mods as my S600. Awesome pics and videos too. Ahmad was not running nitrous...geez you have to be kidding me. Can everyone here just accept that his car had better traction and the air was better as well?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Max.H
IMHO if Ahmad was spraying the trap speed should easily be in the 130's. I would be disappointed if I had a 10 sec 55k and only ran a few tenths quicker with spray. As soon as the spray comes on. It hits hard and spikes your tq through the roof. That looks like a legit run of the bottle. Plus air quality, excellent track prep, and octane is better back east.
These coments are not entirely true, the gains would obviously be dependent on the amount of nitrous pushed through the engine, on my car a 100 shot results in about 3/10th improvement in e/t and a 4-5 mph increase in my trap speed over a N/A Non-nitrous pass. When I was running a 70 shot I was seeing less than 2/10th and about 3 mph. Furthermore my car on a 100 shot only traps at 128-130, my car has a different gear ratio than Ahmads and the 7 speeds are trapping higher than 6 speeds due to this. Even if we ran identical 60's and identical e/t's my car would trap on average about 3mph faster than Ahamds car or any 55 for that matter, don't believe me, go take alook at the fastest Benz list, I have one of the highest trap speeds, but only number 10 or 12 on the e/t list. That being said a blown motor will usually see slightly higher net gains with spray than a N/A motor does, but not signifacantly more.

The trap speeds and gains are definetly in line with what might happen if he sprayed, but be certain I am not saying he sprayed, but I am saying there is a lot of mathmatical evidence that says he could have.

I am not making any allogations or trying to dis-credit Ahmad, but I too was contacted by a couple people yesterday that stated Ahamd did indeed spray...again, I am NOT saying this happend but everyone that has ever been a street racer knows if you really want to make sure somebody is not "sneaky pete'in", you ask them to unhook the solenoids, bottles can be hidden anywhere. I could really care less if he sprayed or not, the fact of the matter is that he holds the records fair and square and you can bet I will be spraying my azz off trying to chase his record down. 10.78 is all I see, I don't care about the blower, I don't care about NOS, I don't care about turbos, an E/T is and E/T, a record is a record.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by LZH
Awwwww, you're offended
I have it from MULTIPLE sources that you sprayed. I'll accept your bet....on a few conditions:

1. You have to run the EXACT same times posted in this thread or better; and,

2. You have to accept the bet I just threw down in another thread where you came in, unprovoked, and attacked me.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...as-mile-3.html

Accept my offer and I'll fly to MIR, put up $10k and watch you run. If you match or beat your times posted in this thread you get $10k. But, you then have to back up your comments in the thread posted above and run me on a road course for pinks. I'm getting a bit tired of you making comments about how slow my car is based solely on your 1/4 times. You've referred to my car as "slow ***" so now I'm giving you the opportunity to see just how slow it is. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is on all accounts, but the terms of the bet cannot be just on your terms. Run your car, Ahmad, not your mouth.
Luke:

Your mutiple sources obviously weren't at MIR. I find it interesting...but really sad that a bunch of petty...envious, low-life, self-appointed know-it-alls sit there and PM each other and spew bile when someone else accomplishes something they can't. You sit there and come up with consipiracy theories to make your own fragile egos feel better. At least you (Luke) don't hide behind the walls of anonymity like your little co-conspirators or do they not exist?

Ahmad's car had a 10 second run in it last time out.... the track surface was 10 times better this time out. If you would like to look back at the March 6th outing...you will remember that the track was under snow just a couple of days before the track rental. The return road was completely drenched from the melting snow...and water was still dripping from the car's fenderwells as they were even going down the track. The BFG tire Ahmad was running that day was not hooking on that surface. This time around we all went back to the Mickey Thompsons and the results were muich ...much better....between the tire compounds and much better prepared track surface. This is coming from someone who actually was there for both rentals and witnessed the much better conditions....not to even mention that for most of the day it was 10-15 degrees cooler on March 23rd than on the previous rental on March 6th.

You have topped all your previous efforts to look like the stupidest...most petty piece of poopy on mbworld!!! Congratulations....

Tom

Last edited by TMC M5; 03-25-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by jrcart
These coments are not entirely true, the gains would obviously be dependent on the amount of nitrous pushed through the engine, on my car a 100 shot results in about 3/10th improvement in e/t and a 4-5 mph increase in my trap speed over a N/A Non-nitrous pass. When I was running a 70 shot I was seeing less than 2/10th and about 3 mph. Furthermore my car on a 100 shot only traps at 128-130, my car has a different gear ratio than Ahmads and the 7 speeds are trapping higher than 6 speeds due to this. Even if we ran identical 60's and identical e/t's my car would trap on average about 3mph faster than Ahamds car or any 55 for that matter, don't believe me, go take alook at the fastest Benz list, I have one of the highest trap speeds, but only number 10 or 12 on the e/t list. That being said a blown motor will usually see slightly higher net gains with spray than a N/A motor does, but not signifacantly more.

The trap speeds and gains are definetly in line with what might happen if he sprayed, but be certain I am not saying he sprayed, but I am saying there is a lot of mathmatical evidence that says he could have.

I am not making any allogations or trying to dis-credit Ahmad, but I too was contacted by a couple people yesterday that stated Ahamd did indeed spray...again, I am NOT saying this happend but everyone that has ever been a street racer knows if you really want to make sure somebody is not "sneaky pete'in", you ask them to unhook the solenoids, bottles can be hidden anywhere. I could really care less if he sprayed or not, the fact of the matter is that he holds the records fair and square and you can bet I will be spraying my azz off trying to chase his record down. 10.78 is all I see, I don't care about the blower, I don't care about NOS, I don't care about turbos, an E/T is and E/T, a record is a record.

Jim,

It appears you're taking the high road this time.

But, now that's two people that are claiming to have been "contacted" about Ahmad spraying. My question to both you and LZH is, were any of these people even at MIR? Or are they just speculating?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jamie furman
How can you have your nitrous lines in the trunk but have a bottle somewhere else? There are One set of lines and soleniods on his car, that the easiest thing to check, you can't have 2 bottles with one set of lines and soleniods! Get real! I don't own a Merc but I have been around racing for 20 years and have made a few passes myself and I know cars and cheaters and he is not one!

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I have been around racing for more than 20 years as well, and we all know (or I hope we all know) the oldest street racing trick in the book is a false bottle and line in the trunk with the "real" 5 pound bottle in the glovebox or under the seat which is the one that is hooked up to the solenoids. You let your opponent and all his buddies watch you unhook the bottle and let one of them hold it for the race. Am I saying Ahmad sprayed, NO...Am I saying was it possible, YES, very possible. Anyone that thinks otherwise does not really know squat about racing, cheating or nitrous systems.

Ahmad, don't take my posts the wrong way, I just had to clarify some mis-information.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
One other point....

They opened the scale at MIR. I don't remember the exact figure but I believe Ahmad's car weighs 3,450lbs including driver. Plug his 1/4 mile time and trap into the drag times calculator and it spits out 549hp at the flywheel. Is that so hard to believe that Ahmad's set-up can generate 549hp AT THE FLYWHEEL without nitrous????

On March 23rd, Ahmad's car weighed at least 149lbs less than on March 6th...

This shows that certain people have no clue about the impact of 60' times...weight and power on 1/4 mile drag times.

Tom

Last edited by TMC M5; 03-25-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Jim,

It appears you're taking the high road this time.

But, now that's two people that are claiming to have been "contacted" about Ahmad spraying. My question to both you and LZH is, were any of these people even at MIR? Or are they just speculating?
One of them is just speculating because he was not there, but the other person claimed to be at the track and witnessed what he said to be as "some funny stuff going on with Ahamd and his crew". Again, this is all I am going to comment on, I don't want to get in the middle of this, like I said before, I could care less if he sprayed, he holds the record fair and square...I can't get involved in a nitrous debate, when I openly spray my car, can I?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
Don't you get thrown off te track under 11.5 with no cage??

How did you keep making passes?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by InTheBenz0
Don't you get thrown off te track under 11.5 with no cage??

How did you keep making passes?
MIR doesn't have a technical inspection on track rentals.

Tom
Old 03-25-2009, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
One of them is just speculating because he was not there, but the other person claimed to be at the track and witnessed what he said to be as "some funny stuff going on with Ahamd and his crew". Again, this is all I am going to comment on, I don't want to get in the middle of this, like I said before, I could care less if he sprayed, he holds the record fair and square...I can't get involved in a nitrous debate, when I openly spray my car, can I?
Ok.

You do see why there's no way this allegation can even be taking seriously, right?

I mean, I can make up random crap too, that's technically possible. Doesn't mean that there's any factual evidence to back up my claim. Unless somebody saw a second bottle or Ahmad accidentally purge into atmosphere, this is over.

As I said, I was all over that car. I have pictures of the engine bay, the trunk and the interior was completely stripped for weight savings. The car was off the laughing gas.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk55 AMG
if ahmad had a hidden 5lb. Bottle it would have been empty after 2-3 passes but his times don't vary much all day...

Wait and see what happens when he does spray it he will have the overall MB record!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Ok.

You do see why there's no way this allegation can even be taking seriously, right?

I mean, I can make up random crap too, that's technically possible. Doesn't mean that there's any factual evidence to back up my claim. Unless somebody saw a second bottle or Ahmad accidentally purge into atmosphere, this is over.

As I said, I was all over that car. I have pictures of the engine bay, the trunk and the interior was completely stripped for weight savings. The car was off the laughing gas.

I agree, that is why I am not making too big of a deal about it or putting much faith in the comments.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I didn't spray nitrous at the track. I left the bottle at home, I don't even think there was a nitrous bottle at MIR! I know what I ran and how I ran it. All the haters can say what they want.

For those of you that say I sprayed, exactly how would I be able to prove that I wasn't? If I go to the track again and do it again you will just say I sprayed again. No point in trying to prove anything to you all. The definition of haters! I went from a 125.5mph trap to a 127.1mph trap (100lbs lighter, way better DA, and a cleaned MAF) and you guys claim I was spraying??? Shows how much you know about drag racing

The offer is valid for anyone. $10k bet and I will go to MIR the next available day with no precip and equivalent DA and will run 10.8x @ 125.x or better. You can look the car over as much as you want. Fly in experts, whatever you have to do to prove to yourself that I wasn't spraying. But you damn well better be prepared to go home with $10k less money.

And as mentioned before, look how many times I ran consistent times. The bottle wouldn't have lasted that long.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 03-25-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I didn't spray nitrous at the track. I left the bottle at home, I don't even think there was a nitrous bottle at MIR! I know what I ran and how I ran it. All the haters can say what they want.

For those of you that say I sprayed, exactly how would I be able to prove that I wasn't? If I go to the track again and do it again you will just say I sprayed again. No point in trying to prove anything to you all. The definition of haters! I went from a 125.5mph trap to a 127.1mph trap (100lbs lighter, way better DA, and a cleaned MAF) and you guys claim I was spraying??? Shows how much you know about drag racing

The offer is valid for anyone. $10k bet and I will go to MIR the next available day with no precip and equivalent DA and will run 10.8x @ 125.x or better. You can look the car over as much as you want. Fly in experts, whatever you have to do to prove to yourself that I wasn't spraying. But you damn well better be prepared to go home with $10k less money.

And as mentioned before, look how many times I ran consistent times. The bottle wouldn't have lasted that long.
Ahmad, again, for the record, I am not saying you sprayed. I just want to clarify that.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by blackbenzz

Wow this thread jumped into tons of negativity so I ask why feed the doubters/haters? I could careless rather you sprayed or not its a Benz record right? Why bother to prove yourself they will make up excuses why not to believe that you could shave under a half second off your personal best...the fact is you have proof your car performed as such and nitrous or not you still beat the record. lol this is really funny cause people are arguing only about nitrous use...lol I can see the next thread title "I beat Ahmads non nitrous or nitrous record" no matter what its beat Ahmad right? Gentlemen when I first read this thread yesterday it was a guy who set a record and now its a guy who may have used nitrous to beat it...lol Lets stop the negetivity and be happy one of our forum members holds that prestige accomplishment. Ahmad won't be the last since many who could follow wish to hold this belt...and eventually someone will beat it so lets enjoy this thread and stop creating doubt to others that what he said she said really matters...
Old 03-25-2009, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by c32used
Wow this thread jumped into tons of negativity so I ask why feed the doubters/haters? I could careless rather you sprayed or not its a Benz record right? Why bother to prove yourself they will make up excuses why not to believe that you could shave under a half second off your personal best...the fact is you have proof your car performed as such and nitrous or not you still beat the record. lol this is really funny cause people are arguing only about nitrous use...lol I can see the next thread title "I beat Ahmads non nitrous or nitrous record" no matter what its beat Ahmad right? Gentlemen when I first read this thread yesterday it was a guy who set a record and now its a guy who may have used nitrous to beat it...lol Lets stop the negetivity and be happy one of our forum members holds that prestige accomplishment. Ahmad won't be the last since many who could follow wish to hold this belt...and eventually someone will beat it so lets enjoy this thread and stop creating doubt to others that what he said she said really matters...
To play devil's advocate ( ), Ahmad has made a big deal about his times being without nitrous and on pump gas...obviously a good hearted ribbing towards JRCart.

That being said, congrats Ahmad on a wonderful display of driving and the new record. I am no expert, but it surely seems logical you did all this without any extra help.

OOC, doesn't nitrous have an odor to it? Would that not have been evident on the runs or was there too many other vehicles around (that might have been spraying) to even tell? Again, I am probably showing my ignorance here.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65
AHMAD DID SPRAY!! Hair spray that is!!!.....His hair was perfect even after he took his helmet off!!! Oh, and cologne, too. Word at MIR was that he smelled pretty dam good too. Had to have sprayed.....

Last edited by MarkoCL65; 03-25-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
rofl

Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
AHMAD DID SPRAY!! Hair spray that is!!!.....His hair was perfect even after he took his helmet off!!! Oh, and cologne, too. Word at MIR was that he smelled pretty dam good too. Had to have sprayed.....
too funny. perfect hair after he took his helmet off ...
Old 03-25-2009, 01:06 PM

'04 Porsche 996TT X-50, '95 M3 Built & Blown
I am sure if you look at the videos and there is good audio then anybody that has used a wet nitrous system would be able to hear the sound of the engine change when the nitrous is activated. There is no mistaking the high pitched sound than ANY engine makes when it is being hit with spray.

Ahmad congrats again and let the haters hate and I am very sorry I wasn't there to comment first hand how you didn't spray except for a little VO5 hair spray like Marko said.

PS Only wet systems are true nitrous systems. We like to call the pre-MAF dry systems air coolers because all they are really doing is cooling the air charge. Just like the DEI cryogenic systems.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Sorry I got into this thread so late Ahmad- congrats on your run, hard work, and the journey that has led up this success.

So whats next to get to the 10.50 plateau?

Old 03-25-2009, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
^^ I think I have videos of all runs. I will be making a thread about them as soon as I extract them tonight...hold on to your pants.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55

Looks like the ET directly came from the AMAZING 60 foot time. I wonder why this is being overlooked? Also very good East Coast DA. Ahmad did mention that his car is 100 lbs lighter too or something. Weight plays a huge roll in drag racing. Especially with the 60 foot.

I respect your point of view and info about the trap speed. Your car has better gearing with lots of big end speed. I don't think spray was involved in this case. Unless, he used a sneaky pete. <<< doubtful

I have seen blown cars that have made very significant gains with spray. Not only from the power added. But, from the cooling effects of the nitrous alone helped quite a bit. IMHO a blown engine would benefit decently more then NA when sprayed. Look at how much our 55k's suffer when IAT starts going up. Imagine cooling it down another 10-15 degrees (not sure on exact figures)

I agree with what tuningtechnician said. Nitrous also leaves a burnt smell too.

Dry shots still get added fuel from increased fuel pressure as the nitrous is applied into the engine.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Max.H; 03-25-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LZH is the ultimate e-hater.

The guy is a joke.

Luke, are you willing to put up 10k that Ahmed runs the same time or better in the 1/4 with verification that he is not using NOS? We need to come up with a clear bet. You're trying to make him look bad and discredit his achievement, so please agree to the bet or STFU. How many runs are allowed and when would you be able to fly out to MIR?

Thanks
Old 03-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
For those of you that want to compare my runs from 3/6/09 to 3/23/09

Differences:
1) Was running with a dirty MAF and getting P0170 code then but has been cleaned for 3/23
2) Was running on 18" BFG's with little sidewall 3/6/09 but was running on 16" Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials on 3/23/09 (notice how on 3/6 I would hesitate a bit on launch until it was rolling before I gave full throttle. Much softer launches which are reflected by 60' times)
3) Better DA on 3/23

3/6/09 (notice 60's)
http://www.vimeo.com/3510625

3/23/09 (1.55 60', watch in HQ) The car even short shifted first gear on this pass and has more in it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DinXxTzaLgg

Thanks to those of you that took these vids.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 03-25-2009 at 02:55 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Records Set! 10.78 @ 127.1mph on pump gas and no nitrous