Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long tube headers...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
+10000 for In-N-Out Burger
El Pollo Loco for me...
Old 05-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Alan, your car was already a beast.... it'll be fun watching it down the track with even more power
+1
Old 05-16-2009, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Found This...

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-my-beast.html
Old 05-17-2009, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG

Come guys, there must be a few of you out there that is willing to commit to the LT's. It's a great deal and both quality and price can't be beat. Either way I'll be doing this but it would be nice to get a couple people on board to take advantage of the discount. I'm going to place my order at the end of the week and I hope a few of you hop on board.

Mid Section still for sale if anyone is interested. I'll have a sound clip soon but just need to find the time. I did take videos at the dyno yesterday but it didn't turn out very good.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

W221
for the homie!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by bassn_07

Come guys, there must be a few of you out there that is willing to commit to the LT's. It's a great deal and both quality and price can't be beat. Either way I'll be doing this but it would be nice to get a couple people on board to take advantage of the discount. I'm going to place my order at the end of the week and I hope a few of you hop on board.

Mid Section still for sale if anyone is interested. I'll have a sound clip soon but just need to find the time. I did take videos at the dyno yesterday but it didn't turn out very good.
Can an SL55 get in on this group purchase? Looks like the LT can be the same as the e55 with a line re-routed or it may be slightly different on one of the banks. How will these be made; mocked up on another car and then shipped over?
Old 05-18-2009, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Sunir
Can an SL55 get in on this group purchase? Looks like the LT can be the same as the e55 with a line re-routed or it may be slightly different on one of the banks. How will these be made; mocked up on another car and then shipped over?
Havoc mentioned in another LT thread that the SL55 can't run LT's - not enough room perhaps?
Old 05-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Havoc mentioned in another LT thread that the SL55 can't run LT's - not enough room perhaps?
SL55's CAN run LT's. I personally know someone running a set right now.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Who do you know that's running it; I'd like to talk to them and see how and whom the vendor/fabricator was...thanks.

I already discussed with URnext; looks like SL55 can do LT like I suspected having talked to a couple of fabricators.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Who do you know that's running it; I'd like to talk to them and see how and whom the vendor/fabricator was...thanks.

I already discussed with URnext; looks like SL55 can do LT like I suspected having talked to a couple of fabricators.
PM sent...
Old 05-18-2009, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
An SL55 can run long tube headers. Supersprint long tubes can fit an SL55....
Old 05-19-2009, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Okay guys we have 2 confirmed buyers but need 1 more...anyone?

Sunir I spoke with Chris and he should be giving you a call really soon. He will need a SL to build the one off. There are a few options that might be available.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Okay guys we have 2 confirmed buyers but need 1 more...anyone?

Sunir I spoke with Chris and he should be giving you a call really soon. He will need a SL to build the one off. There are a few options that might be available.
Thanks bro! it was nice talking to you...looks like hopefully I can work with Chris or Serge; I am interested in learning more about Chris' setup before committing to anything (so looking forward to his call); there is also a local fabricator on the east coast that I will do some research on as well.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Thanks bro! it was nice talking to you...looks like hopefully I can work with Chris or Serge; I am interested in learning more about Chris' setup before committing to anything (so looking forward to his call); there is also a local fabricator on the east coast that I will do some research on as well.
Hopefully Chris will find some time in his busy schedule and get back to you this week. When I last spoke with him he was very busy, which is a good thing for him. I actually spoke with right after we got off the phone the last time we spoke. Keep me updated and I'll to you later.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

Update: Both headers and mid section are sold!

Anyone even on the fence about long tube headers? Either way I'll be placing my order next week and this setup will be back up to $2700-$2800. This is about 15% off so lets take advantage of this opportunity.

Once again the asking price is $2400. I'm sure the more orders we get the bigger discount we could receive. Let me know because this is the last week.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

This is going to be a daily bump until I find a third. Any questions or concerns holding anyone back from taking advantage of this opportunity?
Old 05-25-2009, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Isn't the fastest SL in the country running long tubes?
Old 05-25-2009, 07:09 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Isn't the fastest SL in the country running long tubes?
yes from what i recall it has them, but they are custom. I also recall reading that the car had weight saving, driver seats taken out etc.

I feel if you do such things you have to state them, other wise people think you are just running it with the mods you list and that it...
Old 05-25-2009, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Hey Guys, just to clarify...

Looks like the LT can be the same as the e55 with a line re-routed or it may be slightly different on one of the banks.
Below is the picture of URnext’s headers and exhaust. As you can see, they are not true long tube headers, but rather mid sized headers. Vadim explained that this is the longest he can make them for the SL without having clearance issues. The added benefit of their mid size is that they will produce more high end torque where we need it and less low end torque which we already have plenty of.

You are correct. In the picture below you can see how there is no room for the collector and if you manage to fit one in there you will have clearance issues. The chassis and floorboard of the SL is very different than that of the E55 which can accommodate some true long tube headers.

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
It depends what you call Long Tube??

Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
An SL55 can run long tube headers. Supersprint long tubes can fit an SL55....
Below is the picture Supersprint shows as their SL55 long tube headers; however this picture is actually headers for the E55. Their headers for the SL55 is a lot shorter and actually the same size of the first picture I posted above.

I haven't found an SL with "True" long tube headers, but if one of you guys do know of one then please pm me. Thanks!!
Old 05-25-2009, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Havoc
Below is the picture of URnext’s headers and exhaust. As you can see, they are not true long tube headers, but rather mid sized headers. Vadim explained that this is the longest he can make them for the SL without having clearance issues. The added benefit of their mid size is that they will produce more high end torque where we need it and less low end torque which we already have plenty of.

You are correct. In the picture below you can see how there is no room for the collector and if you manage to fit one in there you will have clearance issues. The chassis and floorboard of the SL is very different than that of the E55 which can accommodate some true long tube headers.

It depends what you call Long Tube??

Below is the picture Supersprint shows as their SL55 long tube headers; however this picture is actually headers for the E55. Their headers for the SL55 is a lot shorter and actually the same size of the first picture I posted above.

I haven't found an SL with "True" long tube headers, but if one of you guys do know of one then please pm me. Thanks!!
Havoc,

Chris from Floored Fab is looking for a SL to build a set of headers. He would probably need the car for a month or so to fabricate. There are many people here who would love to have the first set but not at the cost of giving their car up for that period of time. Would you be interested? It would be fully customized and if SL's can have a true LT I'm sure Chris could make it happen. PM me if interested and I could pass on his contact info.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Havoc,

Chris from Floored Fab is looking for a SL to build a set of headers. He would probably need the car for a month or so to fabricate. There are many people here who would love to have the first set but not at the cost of giving their car up for that period of time. Would you be interested? It would be fully customized and if SL's can have a true LT I'm sure Chris could make it happen. PM me if interested and I could pass on his contact info.
Thanks for the invite, but I'm already commited with Vadim.

Keep me posted as I would like to see the finished product and how he was able to fit true long tube headers.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Wink

Hey Havoc,

While I don't doubt that there are two different header systems from supersprint out there, the set i saw said "E, SL, CSL" engraved on the side.... Is that the mid length headers? They look exactly like the picture you posted....

-Aleks
Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
Hey Havoc,

While I don't doubt that there are two different header systems from supersprint out there, the set i saw said "E, SL, CSL" engraved on the side.... Is that the mid length headers? They look exactly like the picture you posted....

-Aleks
No, Supersprint does not offer two different header systems.. like long and midsized tubes. They offer just long tubes. If they look exactly like the picture I posted, then those are the long tubes which fit the E and CLS.
However, their so called long tube headers for the SL's are not true long tubes, there midsized, almost shorties. My point is that true long tubes will not fit on SL's.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
Alan,

ALL SET TO GOOO
Old 05-26-2009, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
No, Supersprint does not offer two different header systems.. like long and midsized tubes. They offer just long tubes. If they look exactly like the picture I posted, then those are the long tubes which fit the E and CLS.
However, their so called long tube headers for the SL's are not true long tubes, there midsized, almost shorties. My point is that true long tubes will not fit on SL's.
Hovoc...who made your setup, was it Vadim as well? So I am assuming you and Sal (URnext) have the same exact setup, which is a midsize header instead of a longtube? If that's not correct can you post a pic of yours or pm me so I can see?

I was under the impression that LT's could be run on the SL55, Chris seems to believe they can. At one point VRP had "LT" headers for the SL, were these really midsizes as well? Who fabricated VRP's headers/exhasut setups...did they source them from somewhere or did they actually measure, cut, design and weld everything in house at their shop (I am assuming at Vadim's shop)?

thanks for the input bro I'm trying to learn more so I can sort this mod out and do it right the first time around....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Long tube headers...