***The Dataloggers Thread***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Originally Posted by lowprofile
Maybe nothing will change Shardul.....yet. You have eliminated the simple causes and that's always the place to start. Next are more involved, we are assuming your i/c pump is sufficient in flow and that the overall volume is adequate. From the results of others on this site, it would appear adding more volume is definitely proven.
I see you both have the VRP550 package. Is that the 178mm pulley?
yes 178mm pulley
Old 07-09-2009, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
178 a very healthy jump from a stock 158mm (iirc). If you still have the same issue, I don't know if there is any other way to solve it aside from adding a reservoir. A reservoir serves two equally important purposes; 1) added volume, 2) it provides a place for air to escape. The system is constantly purging itself, which keeps the pump operating at it's full potential. Speaking of pumps, has anyone tried the Meziere WP136S?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

yeah i am thinking to getting a bigger H/E
Old 02-05-2010, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Ok guys I wanted to revive this thread. I am still having IAT issues and I will be replacing my CM30 pump next week. Previously, I had a 178mm pulley and now I have a 180mm ASP. I'd love to see some other people's logs to compare...

-m
Attached Files
Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
I'll post my logs from home. Data logger I used doesn't sample as fast as yours...
Old 02-05-2010, 01:11 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Ok guys I wanted to revive this thread. I am still having IAT issues and I will be replacing my CM30 pump next week. Previously, I had a 178mm pulley and now I have a 180mm ASP. I'd love to see some other people's logs to compare...

-m
Get rid of that POS Cm30 and you will be a head of the game.. If you have a large front H/E, seperated h/e system, pump wired to keyed power source and a Meziere W136 pump ,,, you should run below 140 on the dyno or track runs.. After all the dynos and data logging I have seen, that is the best reasonable set up, besides adding a trunk tank and keeping ice in it.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 02-05-2010, 02:27 PM

Bicycle

-m
Its pretty hard to make out, I would sample just IAT and something to indicate load, TPS or rpm. Might make it easier to read?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Get rid of that POS Cm30 and you will be a head of the game.. If you have a large front H/E, seperated h/e system, pump wired to keyed power source and a Meziere W136 pump ,,, you should run below 140 on the dyno or track runs.. After all the dynos and data logging I have seen, that is the best reasonable set up, besides adding a trunk tank and keeping ice in it.
+1
Old 02-05-2010, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
I already have a CM30 replacement pump, and while it may be that the system cannot keep up with "demand" - if that proves to be true and it all goes away if I order a Meziere W136 pump, then someone's going to have to make a thread that rescinds years of recommending the CM30, because that's what just about everyone uses. My car is far from being anything unique, so if it doesn't work for me it's not really working for anyone.

-m
Old 02-05-2010, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Is this the one you are talking about exotic? Do I need anything else with it?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MEZ-WP136S/?rtype=10

-m
Old 02-05-2010, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

M just because people have been using it for years doesnt make it "the" solution. That Meziere pump is often used in other supercharged apps such as Terminators and Lightinings. I have seen someone post logs that did show faster recovery with the Meziere then the CM30.

I use the CM30+Code3 HE+Rear mount tank

My setup keeps IATs in check, but I think I may have just ruined my CM30 so I will give the Meziere a shot.

Are your circuits split? Do you run a rear mount tank?

I did both of those things at the same time and that made a huge differnce in my IAT temps. The coolant always bleeds itself with this setup too
Old 02-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy

-m
Meziere makes good pumps. Lots of race cars use them. Just make sure you get the right fittings with the pump for your application (the blue fittings are interchangeable)
Old 02-05-2010, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Meziere makes good pumps. Lots of race cars use them. Just make sure you get the right fittings with the pump for your application (the blue fittings are interchangeable)
Could this pump really make a difference over a fully functional CM30 or even stock?
Old 02-09-2010, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by prodigymb
M just because people have been using it for years doesnt make it "the" solution. That Meziere pump is often used in other supercharged apps such as Terminators and Lightinings. I have seen someone post logs that did show faster recovery with the Meziere then the CM30.
Very interesting. Thanks for posting this, it convinced me.

I use the CM30+Code3 HE+Rear mount tank

My setup keeps IATs in check, but I think I may have just ruined my CM30 so I will give the Meziere a shot.

Are your circuits split? Do you run a rear mount tank?
I have a stock, un-split circuit, with no additional tank. I have it that way on purpose.

I did both of those things at the same time and that made a huge differnce in my IAT temps. The coolant always bleeds itself with this setup too
I don't doubt your setup is ideal, I just don't like it on my street car. I don't like having coolant lines running through/below/wherever through the car, I don't like having coolant in my trunk, I just don't like this "extreme" of a system in my daily driver. In my opinion, I would like to engineer a cooling system that is sufficient and as stock-like as possible. Adding more capacity absolutely helps but the truth is if your system cannot cool down 5 liters of coolant it will NOT be able to cool down 10. It just postpones the inevitable.

I just called my shop and we are going to do a WP136 unit. I am excited to see the results.

Assuming the Meziere works out like it did for everyone else, I think it's time for the "accepted" route of the CM30 to officially get the axe?

-m
Old 02-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
This thread is AWESOME!!!! This is what this room is all about.

Good thought M

Can we get a sticky??
Old 02-09-2010, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Could this pump really make a difference over a fully functional CM30 or even stock?
The CM30 was not much better than stock (very close in performance). People have been using it because it just had a longer life span (or a less failure rate) than stock pump.

Assuming the Meziere works out like it did for everyone else, I think it's time for the "accepted" route of the CM30 to officially get the axe?

-m
Well, I'm not sure it would explain the success that some of the guys has had with it in the past few years Could it maybe be the result of a bad pump or a failing one?
Old 02-09-2010, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Marcus - You could split your systems and add a small fill tank instead of a rear mount tank. I have seen it done like that too and it's a fairly straight forward setup. It just doesnt make sense to me why MB did not seprate the systems.

CM30 served me well, but it has been shown on numerous occasions that it flows just as much as new/good OEM units. At this point my CM30 may be shot as well since I forgot to drain water from the secondary system and replace it with coolant. If that is the case I will also be switching to the Meziere.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:33 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55

-m
Yes, that is the pump and I also use their blue fittings.. They are o ringed and do not leak..

I have seen IATs dyno logged of all kinds of set ups now.. Duel H/E`s, trunk tanks and even top mounted SLR tanks.. Sad, but none of those cars ran a set up like mine and Shardul`s and they all ran hotter on the dyno.. Using Cm30 and then adding a trunk tank , is a band aid for a crappy weak pump! IMO Think about it! The Cm30 are magnetic drives,, they can not handle a lot of heat or back prerssure..

Take the top off your Cm30 (3 screws) and look at what you are trying to flow water through.. If these pumps were so great, all the great boost builders would be using them.. We got sold by a few tuners early on and that is the bottom line..

When you get the Mezerie pump in your hand and then put it next to the CM30, you will see what you have been missing..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 02-09-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Marcus - You could split your systems and add a small fill tank instead of a rear mount tank. I have seen it done like that too and it's a fairly straight forward setup. It just doesnt make sense to me why MB did not seprate the systems.

CM30 served me well, but it has been shown on numerous occasions that it flows just as much as new/good OEM units. At this point my CM30 may be shot as well since I forgot to drain water from the secondary system and replace it with coolant. If that is the case I will also be switching to the Meziere.
Yes I am aware that I could split the systems but I like having capacity, and the truth is there just isn't anywhere in the engine bay that would give me the capacity I'd be happy with. Also, most people don't seem to acknowledge that there is a benefit in having a good cooling system for the engine as well, and not just for your IATs. I want to keep everything cool so I keep the system together for that purpose amongst others.

I always knew the CM30 was not necessarily a performance upgrade over the stock Bosch unit, however if mine has failed and others have seen it as well then the idea that it is an upgrade from a durability standpoint may also come into question - at which point you wonder if it is worth considering at all for those who have their stock units fail.

-m
Old 02-10-2010, 03:52 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015

This!

The CM30 was a replacement for the old defective pumps of 2003 etc. After 06-07 they were changed and upgraded (recall). No need for the CM30 tbh.

This Meziere looks like an interesting alternative though, but is it better then the upgraded stock pump?
Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55, '06 300c SRT8
This gauge records data and plays back on the gauge itself. Not sure if that qualifies as a datalogger. It's made by Aeroforce Technology Inc. They are working on adding enhanced parameters at this time. Currently it displays the generic stuff, IAT, ignition advance, rpm etc. Does the Dashdaq display enhanced or just generic parameters?

Todd
Old 02-16-2010, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55 1982 300dt
I have a new Meziere and fitting for sale. See classifieds if you're interested.
https://mbworld.org/forums/engine-pe...pump-sale.html

Last edited by reitmeid; 02-16-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by reitmeid
I have a new Meziere and fitting for sale. See classifieds if you're interested.
https://mbworld.org/forums/engine-pe...pump-sale.html
sent you a message.

tks..
Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Here ya go!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Well since this has turned into a data logging AND iat thread......

What is the end result of heat soak on the engine? I assume the engine pulls timing and adds fuel once the sensor reads high iat's???

High iat's should not lead to a lean condition, right?

Thanks for the great info here!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***The Dataloggers Thread***