Modded DCT M3 vs. Stock E55 and Stock CTS-V- Vids

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
I didn't do any comparo runs stock vs. stock with a 6MT, but here's a few against 6MT's that have more mods and made more power than me.

This one made 398whp on a DD's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0ei80v6KQk

This one has the all the bolt on's along with 4.10 gears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qctaEU5Rsk
Damn bro your car scoots . I wish my shifts were as quick and clean as your monster. That's one of the things I would love to improve on...quicker shifts.

Have you and Murtaza gone at it yet? I hear he has a strong running M6 that also scoots.

Last edited by bassn_07; 10-26-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by cahiil55k
Yea but then you see a video like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_zV0...eature=related and everything we know about gearing goes out the window. Kidding aside, E55s are all over the board in terms of performance. You could be racing 12-flat or high-12 second stock E55 at anytime. Gotta give the M car alot of credit especially with the way it stayed fairly close to the CTS-V. That's one strong M3.
Well I can't speak for a video that doesn't even show what mods each car has... for all I know that M5 was in P400. I'm not making an excuse for it but honestly in my experience I haven't seen an E55 run so strong up top vs the M5 or M6.

I don't like supposition so I'll speak for my experience: my bone stock M6 running a Stage 5 E55 and keeping neck to neck till 130 (and it was evident that I would have started pulling if it had continued further). That shouldn't have happened but gearing, the high revving platform and aero saved me. The M5 isn't that much slower than the M6 so yeah that video you posted makes no sense to me.

Sorry if I sound harsh, I don't mean it that way.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by bassn_07
Damn bro your car scoots . I wish my shifts were as quick and clean as your monster. That's one of the things I would love to improve on...quicker shifts.

Have you and Murtaza gone at it yet? I hear he has a strong running M6 that also scoots.
Yes he walks away nicely!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K2vWrSKPNU
Old 10-26-2009, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M

Here's a 3 way between me, Drew and the Evo 3 C63. Granted Drew was recording so I'm sure he could have been a bit quicker if he wasn't distracted with that (i know how it feels!).

A bit hard to tell from this video but after many runs the result was me pulling a car on the C63 (sorry for the OT).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWg1-EUr0tY

Here's a direct run between me and Drew, I botched the first run...

http://www.youtube.com/user/DLSJ5#p/u/5/5K2vWrSKPNU
Old 10-26-2009, 03:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Murtaza
Here's a 3 way between me, Drew and the Evo 3 C63. Granted Drew was recording so I'm sure he could have been a bit quicker if he wasn't distracted with that (i know how it feels!).

A bit hard to tell from this video but after many runs the result was me pulling a car on the C63 (sorry for the OT).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWg1-EUr0tY

Here's a direct run between me and Drew, I botched the first run...

http://www.youtube.com/user/DLSJ5#p/u/5/5K2vWrSKPNU
You guys both have very fast cars and I love the fact that you actually race them . Maybe the next time I'm down there we could mix it up a little bit. I'm not sure how my car would hang with the M6 up top but I'll be more then happy to find out. Once again !!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Well I can't speak for a video that doesn't even show what mods each car has... for all I know that M5 was in P400. I'm not making an excuse for it but honestly in my experience I haven't seen an E55 run so strong up top vs the M5 or M6.

I don't like supposition so I'll speak for my experience: my bone stock M6 running a Stage 5 E55 and keeping neck to neck till 130 (and it was evident that I would have started pulling if it had continued further). That shouldn't have happened but gearing, the high revving platform and aero saved me. The M5 isn't that much slower than the M6 so yeah that video you posted makes no sense to me.

that m5 definitely wasn't in p400 mode when he raced frank. check with the m5board for a list of mods since it was one of the most modded and strongest m5's there was at the time of the video (pre stroker or asr nitrous).

there are several properly modded e55's that won't let an m car catch them on this side of 150 unless it the has a big money stroker or n2o kit...and bassn's is one of them.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55

No worries, it didn't come off as harsh. I don't mean to derail from the OP but being me and not knowing much about BMW mods, are your mods (RPI scoops w/block off plates & BMC filters, straight pipe postcat, and resonator) not really considered mods? Kinda like how some of the things we do with E55s and 63s aren't considered mods either. Also, hanging with or beating a E55K5 or that 470whp C63 in DLSJ5's video is quite a feat, so you certainly have a monster there.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by chiromikey
that m5 definitely wasn't in p400 mode when he raced frank. check with the m5board for a list of mods since it was one of the most modded and strongest m5's there was at the time of the video (pre stroker or asr nitrous).

there are several properly modded e55's that won't let an m car catch them on this side of 150 unless it the has a big money stroker or n2o kit...and bassn's is one of them.
I'm well up on m5board and I've never seen that car. Rabdog, kenny and amedali have the strongest non-stroked / FI.

So Sun's stage 5 is not properly modded? Can you elaborate on what properly modded is?

No worries, it didn't come off as harsh. I don't mean to derail from the OP but being me and not knowing much about BMW mods, are your mods (RPI scoops w/block off plates & BMC filters, straight pipe postcat, and resonator) not really considered mods? Kinda like how some of the things we do with E55s and 63s aren't considered mods either. Also, hanging with or beating a E55K5 or that 470whp C63 in DLSJ5's video is quite a feat, so you certainly have a monster there.
Yeah I'm practically stock, scoops do help a fair bit at speed tho.

Last edited by Murtaza; 10-26-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
You guys both have very fast cars and I love the fact that you actually race them . Maybe the next time I'm down there we could mix it up a little bit. I'm not sure how my car would hang with the M6 up top but I'll be more then happy to find out. Once again !!!!
Definitely, man my memory is real bad but was it you I talked to a few months ago when you were down here? Would be great to get your monster in the runs, you trapped 130 right?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
I'm well up on m5board and I've never seen that car. Rabdog, kenny and amedali have the strongest non-stroked / FI.

So Sun's stage 5 is not properly modded? Can you elaborate on what properly modded is?

Yeah I'm practically stock, scoops do help a fair bit at speed tho.
Nice, thanks for clarifying. Amedali rings a bell, didn't he have a M5 Dinan Stage 2 that you beat or kept up with some time ago? I can't remember if he was having car issues or not though but I remember all the talk about it at m5board. You most definitely have a factory freak if you can hang with the strongest non-FI/non-stroked M cars .
Old 10-26-2009, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
great videos - i was a bit a bit surprised. that m3 is a highway monster
Old 10-26-2009, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Yea but then you see a video like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_zV0...eature=related and everything we know about gearing goes out the window. Kidding aside, E55s are all over the board in terms of performance. You could be racing 12-flat or high-12 second stock E55 at anytime. Gotta give the M car alot of credit especially with the way it stayed fairly close to the CTS-V. That's one strong M3.
I personally got to run with both owners and hanged with them during races. The E55 had Renntech Stage 5 and cooling mods as this was my friends car, Sleeper X. The M5 was one of the most heavily modded ones in NY at that time. Full supersprint exhaust, headers, pullies, etc..., they were both amazing cars but the torque and HP of the E55 was just superior I believe and kept pulling on the M5. In which mode he was? not quite sure...but they have raced a few times and the owner of the M5 is definitely a skilled driver.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
^^^haha i remember that run
Old 10-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Out Of Control!

That CTS-V is pretty damn strong.

Good thing your M3 was able to hang in there Drew.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
Originally Posted by JamE55
That CTS-V is pretty damn strong.

Good thing your M3 was able to hang in there Drew.
yeah the race with the new CTS-V is where i you can really see that the M3 is fast. with e55s it really is hit or mis, i have run some E55s around this area with results all over the place.

personally i don't even do much roll runs anymore because, standing runs are a lot more fun and have a lot more variables to make them more exciting. i also don't think an e55 is a great roll car since the SC is not always engaged at the start of the roll ...

how much power do the bolt ons on the m3 add? a friend of mine has a stock E92 m3 that he's on a fence about modding...
Old 10-26-2009, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

if you have been well up on the m5board for more than a year or so, you would/should know who's car that is. i no longer remember the owners name as i don't post much anymore because of the amount of tools that hang out there (including most of the mods). i do remember, just about everyone claiming frank's car "must have had n2o" because no other car could possibly beat an m car above 100mph.

and please don't do that...i didn't say or imply a single thing about sun's car so i'm not sure why you would attempt to put words in my mouth. all i meant by "properly modded" is a car who's owner has used mods that work well together with appropriate tuning and cooling.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:40 PM

W211 E55
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Thanks man, but once he gets a tune and pulley he's gone, gonna need a SC'R to keep up, rematches will happen then.
Hey there Drew,

Twas me you were pulling away from in that video
No excuses; Your car was definitely faster that day and thats all that really matter. And besides it was all friendly I would like to see if that new Meziere pump I ordered would make any difference so rematch soon.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Nice runs Drew! Your car is running strong and it's always a pleasure meeting up with you. Sorry, I couldn't make it. Was out all night and would have never showed up on time. Looks like fun though.

I know if we run. I can only make 1 all out pass until the car cools back down. I have the IC pump which helps a lot. But, sadly you lose a substantial amount of power doing back to back runs on these cars without the proper cooling mods.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Max.H
...I know if we run. I can only make 1 all out pass until the car cools back down. I have the IC pump which helps a lot. But, sadly you lose a substantial amount of power doing back to back runs on these cars without the proper cooling mods.
a good pump and a few minutes between runs are plenty for a stock or mildly modded 55. i've seen enough back to back to back passes at the strip in az heat to know this to be true.

Last edited by chiromikey; 10-26-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:27 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Murtaza were you the one along with an M5 that wanted to go run in Mexico at 4am when Bassn_07 was down there?

You by chance know of any Nor Cal M's that would like to run. I have an airstrip that is cool with cars running on it.

Last edited by Mikesamg; 10-26-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Mikesamg
Murtaza were you the one along with an M5 that wanted to go run in Mexico at 4am when Bassn_07 was down there?

You by chance know of any Nor Cal M's that would like to run. I have an airstrip that is cool with cars running on it.
Damn we need an airstrip down in SoCal...
Old 10-26-2009, 03:00 PM

A Prius because I'm green
Originally Posted by Vic55
Damn we need an airstrip down in SoCal...
it's not as good as it sounds and doesn't compare to some of the Mexico strips you SoCal boys have available!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55

Tell me you're serious Mike. Someone bring a V-Box, bring the M flags, and AMG flags. Leave your guns at home and let's do this. I have a modded STI and C6 ZR1 that would be willing to run if there is a legit course in the Bay Area.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by chiromikey
and please don't do that...i didn't say or imply a single thing about sun's car so i'm not sure why you would attempt to put words in my mouth. all i meant by "properly modded" is a car who's owner has used mods that work well together with appropriate tuning and cooling.
No need for me to put words in your mouth. You said no non-stroker non-n20 M car would be able to catch a properly modded E55 above 150. I could keep up just fine when I was stock and Sun's car was running fine. Maybe you should revise your statement

That was me

I don't know any of the NorCal M guys but I'm sure there are quite a few who would want to run on an airstrip...wish we had that down here.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No need for me to put words in your mouth. You said no non-stroker non-n20 M car would be able to catch a properly modded E55 above 150. I could keep up just fine when I was stock and Sun's car was running fine. Maybe you should revise your statement
you did try to put words in my mouth and i'm sorry, but no revision is needed regarding my statement pertaining to properly modded amg's. the video speaks for itself. frank's car was properly modded (as was the m5 he was racing), alan's (bassn) car is properly modded, and there are others that force non n2o'd or stroked m cars to give up because they're not going to catch them at relevant speeds.

don't get me wrong, i love m cars and almost chose one over my e...but the old "in the twisties" and new "smg gearing" arguments aren't the equalizer to everything.

and when these new cts-v's start getting the proper packages together, they will put the hurt on all of us!

Last edited by chiromikey; 10-26-2009 at 04:00 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modded DCT M3 vs. Stock E55 and Stock CTS-V- Vids