W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMGSC's issue with Vadim/Powerchips...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 05:39 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG Sold 2010 E550 Coupe totaled '13 SL550 current and loving it!
Just curious why this car is having such difficulties getting done or is such a "problem car"? Why were "corners cut"? If the shop couldn't handle the project they shouldn't have taken it on.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From an outside perspective, I think there is fault on both sides.

Brad, I honestly don't get why you always come to the defense of PC. You delete threads, you put people on probation, you lock threads after putting in your .2c., etc, etc. Why don't you ever let PC speak for themselves? Why are you always their lap dog? It makes you and your company look bad. You're supposed to be neutral, but you're far from it.

Your business analogy was terrible. Does your company do business this way? If they don't want to get involved, don't like the customer, or think it's too big a hassle that you just quote a ridiculous price? Terrible business. You realize you can say no, right? You can say you don't want to get involved in a project.

This place used to be about helping others. I've seen other companies sell parts at cost, get used parts, not charge labor, etc, to try and help out members, or customers that got screwed by other companies. THAT IS GOOD BUSINESS. That gets you repeat business. That gets you referrals. Not jacking up the price because you know the customer can't afford it.

AMGSC - you were warned about Vadim. Like I said before, he seems like a great guy that knows a ton about cars, but he just got in over his head, and really let some people down and took advantage of people that were counting on him. It's hard to feel sorry for someone when they knew what they were getting into. I hope you get your car fixed right because you deserve it after what you've been through.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Originally Posted by Akademiks
First of all, in regards to your question, does it really matter?
OH yes.... it most certainly does

Secondly, seeing differently? Ok, it's quite obvious you don't own your own business or ever taken Business 101-- you're in business to make a profit not be "compassionate". When "compassion" can pay your overhead, you let me know.
Actually, I've been a business owner since 1991. I always show compasion and extend REAL concern for my customers needs. I'd like to believe this is one of the reasons why I am still in business today.

You seriously should stop now.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by indyjoe
Brad, I honestly don't get why you always come to the defense of PC. You delete threads, you put people on probation, you lock threads after putting in your .2c., etc, etc. Why don't you ever let PC speak for themselves? Why are you always their lap dog? It makes you and your company look bad. You're supposed to be neutral, but you're far from it.
I will jump to the side of ANYONE that is unfairly bashed or "lynched" as this site likes to do.

Again for like the 10000000th time - threads are not deleted. That is you making things up, nothing more.

Thanks
Brad
Old 10-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
OH yes.... it most certainly does
And you've failed to prove in any way shape or form how it does. Good post.

Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Actually, I've been a business owner since 1991. I always show compasion and extend REAL concern for my customers needs. I'd like to believe this is one of the reasons why I am still in business today.

I'd like to believe it's the reason you drive an SL500. Guess compassion couldn't pay for an SL55 eh

Old 10-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Banned

SL600

Wait a minute, because Brad doesn't agree with you airheads bandwagoning spewing bs around here, he becomes PC's lap dog?
Old 10-30-2009, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW

I'd like to believe it's the reason you drive an SL500. Guess compassion couldn't pay for an SL55 eh

Equating vehicles to success... you will learn as you get older. I've got a good friend whose worth ten times what I am. Unlike Bill Gates, he is also a car enthusiast. His wife drives a Honda Odyssey and he drives and E39 M5 with 140,000 miles on it that he bought from me. His homes are another matter.

Kindly speak to people as you would if they were standing in front of you or this place will continue to go down hill.

-Rob
Old 10-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by transferred
Equating vehicles to success... you will learn as you get older. I've got a good friend whose worth ten times what I am. Unlike Bill Gates, he is also a car enthusiast. His wife drives a Honda Odyssey and he drives and E39 M5 with 140,000 miles on it that he bought from me. His homes are another matter.

Kindly speak to people as you would if they were standing in front of you or this place will continue to go down hill.

-Rob
I can be aggressive-- it came with my "purple ribbon".
Old 10-30-2009, 06:34 PM

2004 E55
I can be aggressive-- it came with my "purple ribbon".
I disagree with, and would never myself say, 99% of what you have posted in the various threads on this topic, but please don't stop. You are entertaining.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by efivefiveamg
I disagree with, and would never myself say, 99% of what you have posted in the various threads on this topic, but please don't stop. You are entertaining.
Various threads? I've only posted here "genious". Let me get this straight, members are spewing inconclusive (one-sided) stories and portray anyone who disagrees with them as lap-dogs, and follow it up with cry-me-a-river posts denouncing the mods/admins for letting this happen and I'm the entertaining one?

Another useless post from the bandwagoning airheads. You guys are pure comedy.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by efivefiveamg
Yeah, kind of like watching the special olympics.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG 030

Damn thats low
Old 10-30-2009, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350

Your business analogy was terrible. Does your company do business this way? If they don't want to get involved, don't like the customer, or think it's too big a hassle that you just quote a ridiculous price? Terrible business. You realize you can say no, right? You can say you don't want to get involved in a project.

This place used to be about helping others. I've seen other companies sell parts at cost, get used parts, not charge labor, etc, to try and help out members, or customers that got screwed by other companies. THAT IS GOOD BUSINESS. That gets you repeat business. That gets you referrals. Not jacking up the price because you know the customer can't afford it.

AMGSC - you were warned about Vadim. Like I said before, he seems like a great guy that knows a ton about cars, but he just got in over his head, and really let some people down and took advantage of people that were counting on him. It's hard to feel sorry for someone when they knew what they were getting into. I hope you get your car fixed right because you deserve it after what you've been through.
I agree Evosport is a top notch company I wish they would just move away from PC and use Kleeeman it seems that Vadim/PC keep getting let off the hook for these customer service atrocities because they are under the PC blanket. He has spent 35k with vadim and PC and now that they destroyed his car to the point that no other company wants to help him and he is getting black balled. I cant imagine how he feels it makes me sick just thinking of it. I do not know how they get away with it I have gotten my *** handed to me over a damn keychain before. You guys should be so lucky that they are as patient and understanding. We get frivolous lawsuits thrown at us all the time I am surprised vadim hasn't (or has he?) I felt bad for him in the beginning hearing his stories that he didn't have the money to back up some of his problems and now the problems keep stacking up. Maybe he took on his own business venture before he was actually ready.. Time to go back to VRP? This is the problem with having such high dollar projects going to companies without money to back them or manpower. Cars should not be collecting dust on their lots I really hope Hooley can help you out this must be a terrible experience.

Last edited by JonMBZ; 10-30-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5

Well said.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by RenntechE55
Damn thats low
lost a lotta respect with that post.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
For your information, lack of funds is not the reason I mod and drive an SL500....
Its because I love to.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
I agree Evosport is a top notch company I wish they would just move away from PC and use Kleeeman it seems that Vadim/PC keep getting let off the hook for these customer service atrocities because they are under the PC blanket. He has spent 35k with vadim and PC and now that they destroyed his car to the point that no other company wants to help him and he is getting black balled. I cant imagine how he feels it makes me sick just thinking of it. I do not know how they get away with it I have gotten my *** handed to me over a damn keychain before. You guys should be so lucky that they are as patient and understanding. We get frivolous lawsuits thrown at us all the time I am surprised vadim hasn't (or has he?) I felt bad for him in the beginning hearing his stories that he didn't have the money to back up some of his problems and now the problems keep stacking up. Maybe he took on his own business venture before he was actually ready.. Time to go back to VRP? This is the problem with having such high dollar projects going to companies without money to back them or manpower. Cars should not be collecting dust on their lots I really hope Hooley can help you out this must be a terrible experience.

This is ONLY half of the problems about the shop. It ALOT worse if AMGSC ever decide to tell his side of the stories about the shop. Personally in my opinions, the HPS problems is nothing compare to what he's been going throught with this shop.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Wow! That was real low! He drives an SL500 because that is what he wants to drive. You admins are like a bunch on new cops running around with your badges and guns yelling and putting everyone down. I believe when the law graduates from the academy they tell them to treat the public right and fair because you work for them and if were not for them you would not have a job. Kind of the situation here. This forum is here because of the members yet you admins wana run around yelling at people, making fun of people and editing and closing threads. You may want to step back and keep your insults and bad manners to yourself because the very people you are directing it towards are the reason this forum is here and does so well.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
First of all, in regards to your question, does it really matter? I think not. AMGSC knew this wasn't a chump-change project when he started-- unforeseen obstacles should've been planned for and budgeted accordingly.
Dayum Harry's REDHOTT tonight Seriously On Point though

I too like Robert, but his myriad of threads attacking different tuners over the yrs has come to a head. I can't believe how many of you are blaming Powerchip for Roberts intemperate decisions...

Last edited by Thericker; 10-30-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by RenntechE55
Damn thats low
Thats low and pathetic! Friggin tyrant!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by emoving
Wow! That was real low! He drives an SL500 because that is what he wants to drive. You admins are like a bunch on new cops running around with your badges and guns yelling and putting everyone down. I believe when the law graduates from the academy they tell them to treat the public right and fair because you work for them and if were not for them you would not have a job. Kind of the situation here. This forum is here because of the members yet you admins wana run around yelling at people, making fun of people and editing and closing threads. You may want to step back and keep your insults and bad manners to yourself because the very people you are directing it towards are the reason this forum is here and does so well.
What are you smoking? Who are YOU ADMINS? What admin put what person down? Who is yelling and how can you tell from text? Who is making fun of people? The mods have a tough job here, we dont get paid but we try to keep things in order while allowing the members to discuss, argue, and inform. We do though have TOU (terms of use) If one chooses not to follow it, they dont have to come here.

All I ask is that you look at the facts or lack of them before typing up a parargraph of nonsense.

You are correct, and I have always said it too, the forum is made up of its members but to violate the TOU will not be tolerated. This thread has not been closed. So relax, its all good and enjoy your stay
Old 10-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Let me break it down real simple for you guys. The original owners of this site (and now admin/moderators) own evosport. Evosport uses PC to tune their cars. What do you think happens to threads or posts which would effect evosports business (aka negative posts about them or PC)? What do you think happens to the members that post the negative things? If anyone thinks this forum is unbiased they definitely need to look deeper. This has been going on for a long time. It's nothing new. I have never heard a single positive comment about Wayne at PC aside from those who stand to make a profit from their business thriving. This site is a business and run by a business. They are extremely biased towards the former owners (look at who all the admin/mods are)
Old 10-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 769 Likes on 748 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Let me break it down real simple for you guys. The original owners of this site (and now admin/moderators) own evosport. Evosport uses PC to tune their cars. What do you think happens to threads or posts which would effect evosports business (aka negative posts about them or PC)? What do you think happens to the members that post the negative things? If anyone thinks this forum is unbiased they definitely need to look deeper. This has been going on for a long time. It's nothing new. I have never heard a single positive comment about Wayne at PC aside from those who stand to make a profit from their business thriving. This site is a business and run by a business. They are extremely biased towards the former owners (look at who all the admin/mods are)
Old 10-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
MBWorld is owned by Internet Brands, a publicly traded company.
Trust Brad and Simon earned proper remuneration for selling the forum they founded, as well they should have.

The moderators, some of whom I’ve had occasion to personally make acquaintance, are upstanding gentlemen merely volunteering their time to help ensure our collective bipolarity is somewhat kept in check. Nevertheless, it’s a thankless task.

Have previously received a warning from an administrator for chiming in on another contributing and respected member’s tuning thread. Fact is it was surreptitiously altered, i.e., no “edited by..” notation in its footer. It’s fair to say each of us has his biases, for whatever reasons, with regards to MB hardware/software vendors and their respective independent upgrade facilities. It’s evidently another matter entirely when such posts’ can potentially affect a man’s livelihood.

AMGSC- hope for you a timely resolution to your ongoing nightmare.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by otoupalik
I will jump to the side of ANYONE that is unfairly bashed or "lynched" as this site likes to do.

Again for like the 10000000th time - threads are not deleted. That is you making things up, nothing more.

Thanks
Brad
That's the problem Brad is that you're always jumping to the defense of PC when the bashing may be warranted. Why not let them defend their own company?

Since you seem to be their mouthpiece. Let me ask you this: How was the $10k quote derived?

A) PC was upset with the customer, so they quoted a ridiculous price out of spite and/or didn't want to touch a problem car, so they priced themselves out?

B) PC presented a formal estimate breaking down the costs showing the number of labor hours, the parts that may or may not be needed, and the process to complete?

The way it sounds to me is that PC was upset with the customer, and gave him a big F.U. with the 10k quote.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMGSC's issue with Vadim/Powerchips...?