Sponsored by:

Plummeting Value of used W211 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Full Throttle
I heard all this in 1993 when the MKIV was introduced, they were wrong then and you are wrong now. Some of you E drivers are WAY to sensitive. Enjoy your car and dont care so much about what other people think
I owned a 95 supra that I single turbo'd and raced for years. I loved the car but it is just a big import and when I got my Viper, I never looked back. Also the power delivery was very on/off and i was looking for a more linear curve!
Every car implies a passion in the owner, that is why we buy most higher end cars.... not for the reliability or price. But sometimes, those cars don't invoke the emotions they use to, so we sell them and move on!

So in the end, that is great you love your car so much.. I am just saying don't come into the E section and expect us to have to listen to your stupid little rants about how our cars are dated. I have an E63 and thinks it looks even better then the w212. I don't go into the CL forum and tell you that your car looks like a steaming lump!!
Old 01-11-2010, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG

What the devil does a looks poll have to do with a cars reliability.
Look back at post #40

Originally Posted by komp55
Small Throttle conducts his own polls to convince himself:

Looks E55 vs CLS55

I guess the numbers speak for themselves with authority

You posted a stupid little online poll in the CL section, thats what I referred to and so did you in Post#40. It was brought up here and all you keep doing is bashing the E. So remember what you post before you make a stupid little comment.
I am happy that the E class is not your thing. I have no problem that someone doesn't like my car, and I could care less.... but this is like you going to an Chevy meet in your FORD!! in other words... WHY ARE YOU HERE!?!?! ohh ya... cause the CL forum doesn't have the tech that we have here... hmmmmmm

Anyways... back to reliability in the E SECTION. I have clicked off 41k miles in my E63 and the only problems I have had is a headlight go out and the pano roof rattle (and I still hear it so they didn't fix it good enough....) I love this car and am definately excited for the twin turbo E amg! (but I am definately not buying hte first year!!)
Old 01-11-2010, 06:39 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by Eddie 500
Good read, Friend. I am a bit cynical about a 5,6,or 7 yr old used car costing north of 25K and needing constant attention from a mechanic or a warrantee for the "what ifs". Sure the cars are super fun.....but the bottom line is the bottom line...$25,000 or more is alot of money to me
Agreed. It all comes down to if it's "worth it" to you, I made the decision to axe the idea, so it wasn't to me (I still got an M-B, which to many people even in V6 form is a wallet-hurter in terms of maintenance/reliability). I wish I did get an E55, but thinking of even the little stuff I'd have to stay on top of to keep a 500 HP beast in top running shape, makes me wonder if maybe I did make the right choice for myself.

Either way, kinda looks like you already made up your mind, I'd say if you can comfortably afford what might happen with an E55, and drive one while realizing you "need" to have the car, then go for it. Also, I'd say either get one CPO'd or avoid it altogether, IMHO.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
First the cars were too expensive, now they are too cheap? It never ends...

Last edited by Max.H; 01-12-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:01 AM
c43amgedmonton1

I heard all this in 1993 when the MKIV was introduced, they were wrong then and you are wrong now. Some of you E drivers are WAY to sensitive. Enjoy your car and dont care so much about what other people think
When you say MKIV did you mean MKIII, I dont know if were both talking VW, if not what car are you talking about?
Old 01-12-2010, 12:32 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Supra I think.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:58 AM
c43amgedmonton1

Originally Posted by K-A
Supra I think.
That makes more sense
Old 01-12-2010, 03:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E500 & ML500
Originally Posted by c43amgedmonton1
When you say MKIV did you mean MKIII, I dont know if were both talking VW, if not what car are you talking about?

The VW MK3 did come out in 1993, and the MK4 supra the same year.