E55 vs E63 - Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
Originally Posted by Twinreds
I'm going to duck after I post this, so don't throw any shoes at me....
It's funny how many excuses the thread had generated to justify the fact that the 63 engine is better and more powerful in stock form. Yeah, yeah, you can modify it yaddah yaddah yaddah, but if you cannot believe your own eyes, why believe your imagination? Two different powerplants, period. I still wonder why keep comparing apples to oranges. What I see in the thread is the equivalent to saying that my girlfriend is hotter than yours, I just need to put new silicone *****, a wig, a full facelift and a different personality....
Exactly, they are both monsters in stock form. Everyone has known forever the E AMG's are just beasts. Change the motor and update the car and everyone freaks. Benz certainly didn't set out to build a "worse" car. They're pretty close in performance. It's all just for fun

Besides, if you paid this much for a car, shelling out some dough for mods should be doable.

Last edited by citylightva; 01-17-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by juicee63
lol, when a 63 looks good in a video the 55 must be broken hahahahah,

Good run fellas, do it again after dialing in the best proceedure and report back :-)
Or no 55 owners are willing to post it
Old 01-17-2010, 08:59 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
E55
I have the pano roof and had a Recaro baby seat in the back so that slowed me down. lol.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RACE_MX
I have the pano roof and had a Recaro baby seat in the back so that slowed me down. lol.
I thought just having the name Recaro on anything in your car gave you at least 5whp..??? I have the top heavy pano too...Girls do love looking out of it though
Old 01-17-2010, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by juicee63
lol, when a 63 looks good in a video the 55 must be broken hahahahah,

Good run fellas, do it again after dialing in the best proceedure and report back :-)
I wouldn't say it was broken but from what I can tell there may be somethiing wrong with the car either heat soak, tranny issue's or driver error. As you know Josh I went on back to back to back to back runs and my quickest/fastest run came on the 4th straight run. No heat soak for me
Old 01-17-2010, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I wouldn't say it was broken but from what I can tell there may be somethiing wrong with the car either heat soak, tranny issue's or driver error. As you know Josh I went on back to back to back to back runs and my quickest/fastest run came on the 4th straight run. No heat soak for me
OR could it be, maybe a 63 was faster...You all are like broken f****n records...
Old 01-17-2010, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63, S550
I wouldn't say it was broken but from what I can tell there may be somethiing wrong with the car either heat soak, tranny issue's or driver error.
Does something have to be "wrong" with the E55 for it to lose to an E63?

C'mon, stock vs. stock it is a driver's race race.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:31 AM

04 - 06 e55 Wagon - looking for
Originally Posted by LB63

C'mon, stock vs. stock it is a driver's race race.
Tell that to the IC pump

And what kind of race are you referring to?
Old 01-18-2010, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by citylightva
OR could it be, maybe a 63 was faster...You all are like broken f****n records...
Everyone knows the e55 is faster stock for stock.Not much faster but faster....

What about the 1st race where the e55 was BUS LENGTHS ahead?Guess the e63 guys missed that one....

The thread starter needs to replace his IC pump for sure
Old 01-18-2010, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
LOL....why does so much thought need to go into 2 friends racing and sharing the outcome . There's always the need to have some type of investigation or excuse on why the other lost. I honestly believe both cars are capable of beating each other on any given day and depending on where they start the race one would have the advantage over the other.

Thanks for sharing and you might want to consider a camera mount on the next outing .
Old 01-18-2010, 07:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by LB63
No it doesn't but the driver admitted that he started the race in 2nd gear @ 40mph (maybe he should have been in 3rd and then kicked it down?) and then manually shifted into 5th (you can also hear him changing gears in the video which is why I asked in a earlier post). That is not normal and that is not what you want to do when racing from a roll or a dig. The driver also admitted that the car would not shift into next gear which is also not normal and would indicate that something maybe wrong with the tranny or maybe it could have been a one time thing???. I personally do not know about heat soak as I have never had it happen to me, I only know from what I read from members here. Not sounding like a broken record as Citylightva suggested, I'm just stating the facts. They are both fast cars providing both are operating and raced correctly. Then again what do I know?? my car is not that fast anyway

Last edited by Hammer Down; 01-18-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:49 AM

E 63 // Porsche 930 // Porsche 993
Exclamation

No it doesn't but the driver admitted that he started the race in 2nd gear @ 40mph (maybe he should have been in 3rd and then kicked it down?) and then manually shifted into 5th (you can also hear him changing gears in the video which is why I asked in a earlier post). That is not normal and that is not what you want to do when racing from a roll or a dig. The driver also admitted that the car would not shift into next gear which is also not normal and would indicate that something maybe wrong with the tranny or maybe it could have been a one time thing???. I personally do not know about heat soak as I have never had it happen to me, I only know from what I read from members here. Not sounding like a broken record as Citylightva suggested, I'm just stating the facts. They are both fast cars providing both are operating and raced correctly. Then again what do I know?? my car is not that fast anyway

Man!!! When are the excuses going to stop? The reason sooo many things he said happenned that are not normal or should not happen (car not shifting {blame it on the car, and please, a one time thing???!!!}, heat soak {apparently as well documented as Sasquatch} is because they did not happen!!! Read the whole thread, is like a think tank for excuses.

My personal favorite, and I'm sure Mercedes Benz of America is surviving this recession thanks to it is: "a broken IC pump". You guys are the only group I know that apparently has identified a defective part on a car worth a class action suit and all you do is keep buying it? You are financing MB operations thanks to it. And as for "any modified E55 will eat an E63 for breakfast", the moment is modified, is not the E55 anymore. Guys, let it go, the 55 is a great car but MB was not going to stop there, the same way that Porsche's first production Turbo was great, but at some point something better will come along (and now, a NA Porsche would beat any of those Turbos), that's just how it is...
Old 01-18-2010, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by broke1
Everyone knows the e55 is faster stock for stock.Not much faster but faster....

What about the 1st race where the e55 was BUS LENGTHS ahead?Guess the e63 guys missed that one....

The thread starter needs to replace his IC pump for sure
Everyone knows..????

Not that I care or it matters, but I fell behind because I left my tranny in M and banged the rev limiter going from 2nd to 3rd which cuts power. Like we've both said, we were out having fun. If either of us wanted a modded out boy racer, I'd buy a mustang, a crate motor, and a blower............................... and Race MX already has a 700hp M3...

Last edited by citylightva; 01-18-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Go back to raving about your ever superior E55's and their domination of every road known to man
Old 01-18-2010, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bassn_07
Thanks for sharing and you might want to consider a camera mount on the next outing .
Yeah, I'm trying to decide whether to buy that new Hero camera that comes with mounts, or for the same price buy 2 Flip HD's. Not sure how I'd mount those anywhere though. DUCT TAPE.!!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Man!!! When are the excuses going to stop? The reason sooo many things he said happenned that are not normal or should not happen (car not shifting {blame it on the car, and please, a one time thing???!!!}, heat soak {apparently as well documented as Sasquatch} is because they did not happen!!! Read the whole thread, is like a think tank for excuses.
Excuses?? are you telling me that it is normal to start a race in 2nd gear and then immediately shift it into 5th? and are you also telling me that it is normal for the transmission not to shift? and the only reason why I said one time thing was in case the driver has never experienced that before.
If you knew me at all I don't make excuses for anything. I just tell it like it is. If it wasn't for hearing the clicking in the video and hearing the the tranny hang in gear I never would have asked a question and just said nice run for both and thanks for sharing. I could really care less which platform is quickest/fastest. When I measure my cars performance I don't measure it against the 63 I measure it against other 55's.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black

My personal favorite, and I'm sure Mercedes Benz of America is surviving this recession thanks to it is: "a broken IC pump". :
MB told ME that my IC pump needed replacing.

With your newbie wisdom in hand, perhaps they could have saved themselves some money ?
Old 01-18-2010, 12:08 PM

2019 s560 sedan
Excuses ,excuses excuses . Why dont you just start from a dead stop next time , Then there will be NO excuses !!!

SC's are overrated !!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 12:23 PM

2002 BMW M5, 1992 AWD DSM, 1988 Yamaha FZR1000
Why do you recommend to race with raised suspension+airmatic in comfort? Wouldn't SPORT 2 be more suitable?
Old 01-18-2010, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Me,my brother,my friend and my mechanic all bought e55s around 3 months apart from each other.We all thought thats how the cars were and thought they just were great for a few blasts and then you need to let it cool down a bit.

I came on here and read up about the pump issue and got a data logger,I was hitting 203degree air intake temps and the stupid thing would shut down,hooked up my brothers and he was in the 190s and then my boy trapped 107 in his e55 and guess what?His pump was dead too.

my mechanics was the worst,he ran a 180 pulley with a dead pump.After a visit to the dealer we all got new pumps installed.

not saying your pump is dead but if you dont log it you would never know if you baby the car.

twin your the one jumping on the defense bro,calm down and take it from an unbiased point of view and just pretend you dont have an e63.

like I said in my first post.
1 e63 loses bad
2 e63 tranny shines
3 e55 heat soaked bad

Last edited by skratch77; 01-18-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Amazing, me and my buddy have a good time with some runs, and everyone turns the whole thread into a steaming pile of Sh*t. mbworld.teenagepissingcontests.org....
Old 01-18-2010, 01:05 PM

2019 s560 sedan
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
I don't know about excuses but from my experience there seems to be different results with everyone. Not making excuses but when I first bought my E55 over 2 years ago it had a failing IC pump and I didn't know how to race it.

I raced a M6 first month I bought the car left it on S while M6 was on power band using paddle shifters plus I had a failing IC pump I didn't know about. Well I got beat bad and a LOSE IS A LOSE regardless what shouda happened its what happened that counts.

I've raced a E63 with my E55 and I have beat it since I replaced my IC pump.

If anyone in the NEW YORK area has a stock E63 I'll be more then happy to come to you for a run.
Pm me , we can do a run over the bridges in HB , Ill give you 1 car break !
Old 01-18-2010, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by malakasnyc
Pm me , we can do a run over the bridges in HB , Ill give you 1 car break !
malakasnyc, I see you had some work done by Bruce. He is a real cool guy and a blast to talk to. btw nice burnout in your sig
Old 01-18-2010, 01:33 PM

E 63 // Porsche 930 // Porsche 993
Exclamation

Originally Posted by regor60
MB told ME that my IC pump needed replacing.

With your newbie wisdom in hand, perhaps they could have saved themselves some money ?

Hey buddy, take it easy, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Besides, having owned several turbocharged cars in the past, starting from a Porsche 930 that I still own, I think I know a thing or two about IC's and the like.
On the other hand, when was the last time you went to MB and they said nothing's wrong? That's why they call them the "stealers" and not the "dealer" anymore.
So in order to not try to be a "newbie wise guy" I will pretend that I did not see that E63 eating up all the 55's candy, I will pretend that people drive around with a car that doesn't shift (and wisely decide to race like that) and I will pretend that everyone going to a dealer saying that the IC pump is not working gets a nice MB rep to tell them that even though they can make $$ on selling you one, yours is OK.
Me, on my end, I am happy I'm not going to be spending any$$ on IC pumps (although I feel bad for not having an excuse for losing a race)
Old 01-18-2010, 01:35 PM

2019 s560 sedan
malakasnyc, I see you had some work done by Bruce. He is a real cool guy and a blast to talk to. btw nice burnout in your sig
Yes he is . Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 vs E63 - Video