My experience with TTMotorsports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
My experience with TTMotorsports

On Monday July 19th I went to TTMotorsports to get my car tune. The whole reason I went there was to get a custom dyno tune by Jeremy of OE Tuning.

Upon arriving I was greeted by Bruce, the owner of TTM, and his dog. I didn't really know Bruce except for the couple pm exchange and a phone call, but he was very friendly and treated me like his buddy (also there was not a single part on my car is from Bruce).

The couple hours I was there I learned a lot about the E55 and a new found respect for Bruce and his passion for customer service. While I was there, the phone was constantly ringing with people asking Bruce random questions about random cars. Most of the time Bruce would know it right away, if not he would search the internet and get back with an answer.

After the tune, Bruce then spent about an hour on my car to check to see if everything was ok, he also went into the car computer and clean up all the errors and code for me (this, he really didn't have to do).

Anyway, I drove a total of twenty hours to TTM to get my car tune and it is well worth it even thought I was dogged tired from all the driving. I know this will sound kinda cheesy, but I feel like I'm a better person for knowing Bruce. In this car customization world it's hard to find anyone that you can trust, but I feel like I can definitely trust Bruce. Bruce will bend over backward to take care of his customers.

Keep up the good job Bruce, your customers appreciate your work. Oh yeah, there will be some very fast E55 coming out of TTM very soon. As for Jeremy, he's really know how to tune the car. I just email him the list of mods I have on my car and he already got a tune ready for me when I got there. My tune was "on" after couple pull and "touch up".

On the way back, there was this red Audi with the APR A4 plate want to mess around with me. Let's just say it was no contest!! Thanks to all that recommended Jeremy to me. And thanks to Jeremy for hooking up with TTM so I can know Bruce. I know this getting long and sound like I babbling, but I can't really enough good thing about Bruce.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Always good to hear a positive vendor experience
Old 07-22-2010, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-Carro
ALMIGHTY BRUCE = You heard the voice of GOD!!!

JEREMY= A REAL TUNER

Driving 20 hrs back home "WITH NEW FOUND POWER"= PRICELESS!!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Thanks for the post, I wish more people would post their good experiences as quickly as those who post their negative ones.

But we all know bad news travels much faster than good- sad.

Nice job TTM!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Bruce is one of the most honest and stand up guys here on the forum. Once in a while the forum derails itself what what it could be, but with guys like him on here providing actual, factual knowledge makes it a place to learn new things every day!

Thanks man,
Aleks
Old 07-22-2010, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3
It doesn't get any better then BRUCE!! No one else in the industry I would let touch my car!! He is a true enthusiast that puts his 110%in to everything he touches. Just like him going out of his way to check your car thoroughly over. Who else but Bruce would do that? I found out about Bruce when I was installing my TB. Had never spent a dime with him, and he talked me through any questions I had even though he was busy with his paying projects. That is just the type of guy that he is....honestly, I really can't say enough good about the man! Plus, he is pure entertainment to talk with!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by Vic55
Thanks for the post, I wish more people would post their good experiences as quickly as those who post their negative ones.

But we all know bad news travels much faster than good- sad.

Nice job TTM!
This.

Always great to see happy customers. Come to think of it, I can't remember reading/hearing one bad thing about TTM/Bruce or Jeremy.

Bravo.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Originally Posted by 930chas
It doesn't get any better then BRUCE!! No one else in the industry I would let touch my car!! He is a true enthusiast that puts his 110%in to everything he touches. Just like him going out of his way to check your car thoroughly over. Who else but Bruce would do that? I found out about Bruce when I was installing my TB. Had never spent a dime with him, and he talked me through any questions I had even though he was busy with his paying projects. That is just the type of guy that he is....honestly, I really can't say enough good about the man! Plus, he is pure entertainment to talk with!
I think I saw your car up there.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:15 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
I have yet to meet Bruce but have bought some of my mods from him. For sure whatever time he has spent with me on the phone guiding me along my build process and helping me trouble shoot some of my issues have far eaten any profit margins he has made selling me a few random parts. He is always availble to help and from what I understand knows his way around the MB engine bay. EXCELLENT JOB BRUCE and JEREMY.

NOW GET DOWN TO FLORIDA!!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
Agreed!!! I have had a slight wobble in my aftermarket pulley since I bought the car but didn't think much of it. Have just been watching it to make sure that it doesn't get worse. Bruce informed me in another thread that it could lead to other really bad problems. I was instantly scared so I pm'd him about what I could possibly do to correct it and what type of damage may be occurring.

Since the start of the week, I have talked back and forth with him and sent him videos and pics so that he could look at them and try to see what was going on with it. Even though this pulley is from somebody else, he has not once tried to tell me its crap and just sell me a new one. He has educated me on all of the other things that it could be. Bad pulley perhaps, but he has been more than helpful on trying to eliminate everything else first.

Like some of you others, although I haven't been a paying customer and I don't even have parts from TTM, Bruce has been really helpful and kind. He has certainly made me more knowledgeable about my car and seems to help with a genuine smile. I know where my business will go in the future.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:23 PM

2019 s560 sedan
Bruce is the ONLY person i trust to work on my car and his word is golden .They retuned my car as well with positive results of course !
Old 07-22-2010, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
+1000000

Bruce is a great addition to the community. He is always willing to help and loves to make our cars go faster. He helped me find a few answers to key questions regarding my car that many so called experts were not able to even understand

Go Bruce....
Old 07-22-2010, 05:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
Tuesday night I called Bruce at 10PM CENTRAL time, and he still took the time to answer my call! Without swearing at me! He even lets me make fun of him and still talks to me. He truly is a positive asset to the automotive community. If everybody worked like he does, the whole country would be a lot better off.

Nick

The information set forth in this communication is not meant to slander any businesses participating in the automotive tuning world.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
TTM & Jeremy, are a flawLESS combo! Can't say enough good about either, they both go the EXTRA MILE in making your car/mods perform to there BEST!

Side note: Bruce is just a kewl funny kat! We've been friends for quite a while now (haven't bought anything from the man YET, though he as others say gives out great FREE helpful advice hourly) Drinks will be on me when we finally meet up my friend!
Old 07-22-2010, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Met Bruce at a track day last year at NJMP, which he might not remember. Regardless, his enthusiasm for automotive performance (and, in particular, AMGs) was quite obvious and genuine.

The reputation he carries, as evidenced by the comments in this thread, is not the least bit surprising - I'd have no hesitation to ask his opinion or guidance for the "straight dope" regarding any aftermarket modifications, whether he sells it or not. Good stuff, TTM... keep doing what you're doing.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:13 PM

2004 S55 AMG
Thumbs up

I don't post too much as I use the forum as a research tool but I too would like to praise Bruce.

A couple of weeks ago I received the dreaded ABC visit workshop message. I promptly took the car to MB Manhattan. Four days later I get the call all MB owners fear. "Sir, the warranty company declined all the work". Me "Ok, whats the problem and cost". Needless to say the SA comes back with a 7500 estimate. It seems my ABC pump gave out and the SA "recommends" the both valve blocks be changed. Now this news couldn't come at a worst time as I just got laid off from my job of 12 years.

In comes Bruce, from helping me vent about the damn Warranty company screwing me about the air vs hydraulic suspension to waiting for an hour as I came from Manhattan with the tow truck driver from hell. Bruce worked out a good price for me. Not only that but did "other things" to the car which I didn't even request. Bruce answered all my questions and help me understand the car more than I did before.

All in all Bruce is a down to earth guy. Someone I could hang with even if I didn't have a car to work on. Bruce tell your beautiful fiance hello and pet your puppy for me.

Shaun
Old 07-22-2010, 08:26 PM

SL63
Bruce stole my girl friend and my dog !
god how I miss that dog.....

Yea its and old joke but listening to Bruce's passion is no joke, man knows 55's and 63's like no one else I talked too.

$0.02
Old 07-22-2010, 10:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
Bravo gentlemen. Kudos to Bruce and Jeremy for a quality product/service provided.

Keep up the good work guys. Word of mouth if priceless, especially in this day and age.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Great job Bruce for supporting MBW and helping us all run faster and healthier. You have always been there for me and your generosity is greatly appreciated. I've never spent a dime with Bruce but yet he has always taken my phone calls when problems arise...just awesome!!!! There's no doubt in my mind if I lived in your area you would be the one wrenching on my car. Keep up the great job Bruce and kudos to you for expanding your business!!!!

I'm glad all you guys finally have a chance to experience what us west coast guys have been preaching...JEREMY. Like many of said from the very beginning..."He's the Man"! I can't speak for other platforms but Jeremy definitely owns the 55k...no doubt!
Old 07-23-2010, 04:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Brabus K8 E55 05
Bruce is very friendly and helpful. he is very good, I have bought things from him before and I got things correct and on time to the UAE.

For me, he is the right guy to buy parts from.

Bruce, keep up the good work.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
What can I say guys besides a heartfelt THANK YOU !

I am very fortunate to do something that I love and all of your appreciation that you've shown is more important than the $$$ that could be made whoring parts!

Thanks for the love and support and you all know I am always just a phone call away whether you call my office or cell.

Did you ever see a 6'3' 240lb Czech blush? Well it did happen!

to all of you!!
Old 07-23-2010, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
Did you ever see a 6'3' 240lb Czech blush? Well it did happen!
A couple of times, when I looked in the mirror !

Still looking forward to meeting you Bruce, to update you about my big "C" body shop experience. Your phone comments were, unfortunately, right on target.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Out Of Control!

Don't forget that Bruce also moonlights as a pimp. lol! j/k

Good to hear experiences like this.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by JamE55
Don't forget that Bruce also moonlights as a pimp. lol! j/k

Good to hear experiences like this.
You forgot one word James. It's GANGSTA PIMP bro!
Old 07-24-2010, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Bruce is one of a kind. He installed my supercharger, and even though we ran into a few bumps in the road (which was not his fault), he came through for me. After taking a BOLT bus from Maryland to NY to pick up my car, it wouldt start due to an error with my ECU after it was returned from Kleemann. After hours of trying to fix the problem, Bruce took me to his home and gave me a place to spend the night. I woke up the next day to a delicious breakfast cooked by his fiancé.

Bruce, if you ever pass through Maryland my home is yours bro!!!!!!!!!

Thank you again, and thanks for the heads up on the tuning at your shop

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My experience with TTMotorsports