Chrysler Warranty will work with Indies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Chrysler Warranty will work with Indies

Just in case any of you are wondering if you have to go to a dealership - you don't; just picked my car up from my indy shop that I go to and Chrysler signed off on all the work done (both fuel pumps replaced and a new super charger clutch).

two side notes:

1) no more chirp - car runs noticably smoother with quick uptake (will confirm on the 17th at MIR)
2) had the tranny flushed and fluids replaced (not covered under the warranty) OMG - feels like I'm driving a new car. No more clunking, hard downshifts into first or jerkiness. . . .it's so SMOOOOOOOOOTH now! Very upset I waited so long to do it.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
hmmm

thanks for the heads up
Old 08-20-2010, 08:38 PM
dsc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Originally Posted by motorkas
2) had the tranny flushed and fluids replaced (not covered under the warranty) OMG - feels like I'm driving a new car. No more clunking, hard downshifts into first or jerkiness. . . .it's so SMOOOOOOOOOTH now! Very upset I waited so long to do it.
How many miles did you have on the old trans fluid before you changed it?
Old 08-21-2010, 06:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

55,000 miles but the tranny has be this way for the last 10-15,000 miles (I got the car with 35,000 miles).
Old 08-21-2010, 11:31 AM

13 E63
What year is your car?

I also have the chirp and the low speed takeoff is jerky as a result.

How did the indy flush the trans? Drain/filter change/refill? or hook it up to a flush/recycle machine and exchange all the fluid?

So your recalled fuel level assembly leaked again and you had replace?
Old 08-21-2010, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What year is your car?

O4

I also have the chirp and the low speed takeoff is jerky as a result.

Jerkiness is gone - think it's a combo of the new clutch assembly and the tranny flush.

How did the indy flush the trans? Drain/filter change/refill? or hook it up to a flush/recycle machine and exchange all the fluid?

Don't know but I'll find out for you on Monday.

So your recalled fuel level assembly leaked again and you had replace?

I don't know if it was replaced under the recall or not but it definitely was the problem and was replaced along with both fuel pumps.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:47 AM

2006 E55 (white); 2016 GL 550 (white)
Thanks for the info, I have the chirp also. I hope they will cover my car in Germany at the dealership.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:33 PM

Just wondering why you would take to indy over dealer if you have the warranty? Either way you are only liable for the deductible.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by nJuDunno
Just wondering why you would take to indy over dealer if you have the warranty? Either way you are only liable for the deductible.
Great point - never thought about it from that perspective. I just assumed that when members took their cars to indy shops, they got the service and treatment that is lacking at the dealerships as a whole. Also, indy shops have a tendency to be more tolerant of mods. My personal reasons for going to my indy over the dealer are:

1) I believe in patronizing local businesses
2) These guys have never lied to me or tried to up sell me (on general maintenance that is not covered under warranty)
3) Because of that, I love the fact that I can give high dollar warranty work to them
4) Both are master MB techs that started their own shop and their work has always been TOP NOTCH
5) In the past, I have never had to have an appointment and as a result - can call and they will usually fit me in
6) They let me play with the power tools in the garage.
7) I've always had my car finished on the same day (this last time was different - I was going out of town for business for the week - dropped my car off at their shop - the owner drove me to the airport - landed on Friday - they picked me up from the airport).
8) Last summer I bottomed the car accidently and dislodged the exhaust. Brought it into them - they told me I lucked out and didn't need a new cat and they fixed the exhaust (about an 1 to 1.5 hrs of work). When I asked them what I owed them, they said "you're kidding right - that was nothing - we can't charge you for that". After I had picked up my jaw off the floor I said - "alright, what do you guys drink?" - They said "vodka" - next day I brought them a couple of different bottles of vodka - the equivilant to a hour and half worth of labor. After that moment - they got all of my business (and enthusiastic recommendations to anybody who asked for a good shop in the DC area).
Old 08-23-2010, 06:56 PM

2006 E55 AMG --old cars -- E39 M5, 2.7tt Audi S4, E36 M3 **Ducati 996, 748
when i bought my warranty -- they said i must take it to a dealer -- So, far I have had no prblems taking it to the dealer - they dont even send a man out to inspect the car for coverage -- they just authorize ASAP ---

Do you get this same treatment at the Indy? Any others having sucess at an Indy with Chrysler?

I would prefer to take it to an Indy for many of the reasons you stated - but i thought it was not an option.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:56 PM

2005 E55
To add to what motorkas says, I typically will also have at least a few things I want done that won't be covered by the warranty, and the rates charged by my local indy are better than the rates at the not-so-local dealers where I live (Northern Virginia).
Old 08-23-2010, 07:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
Establishing a good relationship with an indy tech is great, much more personal attention than service advisors - I always feel at the dealership they are trying to sell you something, and the bottom line is that the prices are higher there - but even with a warranty I prefer to give my business to a local place that's trusted.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:36 PM

Great point - never thought about it from that perspective. I just assumed that when members took their cars to indy shops, they got the service and treatment that is lacking at the dealerships as a whole. Also, indy shops have a tendency to be more tolerant of mods. My personal reasons for going to my indy over the dealer are:

2) These guys have never lied to me or tried to up sell me (on general maintenance that is not covered under warranty)
3) Because of that, I love the fact that I can give high dollar warranty work to them
4) Both are master MB techs that started their own shop and their work has always been TOP NOTCH
5) In the past, I have never had to have an appointment and as a result - can call and they will usually fit me in
7) I've always had my car finished on the same day (this last time was different - I was going out of town for business for the week - dropped my car off at their shop - the owner drove me to the airport - landed on Friday - they picked me up from the airport).
8) Last summer I bottomed the car accidently and dislodged the exhaust. Brought it into them - they told me I lucked out and didn't need a new cat and they fixed the exhaust (about an 1 to 1.5 hrs of work). When I asked them what I owed them, they said "you're kidding right - that was nothing - we can't charge you for that". After I had picked up my jaw off the floor I said - "alright, what do you guys drink?" - They said "vodka" - next day I brought them a couple of different bottles of vodka - the equivilant to a hour and half worth of labor. After that moment - they got all of my business (and enthusiastic recommendations to anybody who asked for a good shop in the DC area).
Great write up! I know indy shop is usually cheaper and I would definitely go there for maintenance and repairs if I didn't have a warranty. Never thought about them probably being more lenient on mods. The only other issue for me personally is that the dealer gives you a loaner and that is key for dropping off the car and not having to worry about a ride back home.

Its always good to have a local shop that is honest and reliable at least for maintenance.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:52 AM

E55
I live in DFW, have the Chrysler warranty and have (indy) Autoscope take care of everything for my E55. Much more pleasant than dealing with the local stealers.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:02 AM

13 E63
Do you know Steve? He has the yellow RS6. Tell him DHall says hi.

I only wish Autoscope had a shop in Phoenix. Great guys.

BTW service advisors dont make six figures for pumping oil changes. wink

Originally Posted by RACE_MX
I live in DFW, have the Chrysler warranty and have (indy) Autoscope take care of everything for my E55. Much more pleasant than dealing with the local stealers.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211

is it BE in Alexandria that you take your benz to ?
Old 08-24-2010, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by novae500
is it BE in Alexandria that you take your benz to ?
Yep - first place I always go to (and there are 4 MB dealers that are closer in distance than those guys - one is less than 2 miles away from my house).

The only times it has been to the dealer have been:

1) Fuel line issue in Philly - had it towed to the dealer near my parents house (took 5 days to diagnose and fix)
2) Wheel alignment - the guys told me a special machine is needed and to go to the dealership (1 full day even though I had an 8:30 "appointment" - I asked to wait for it but they said I would have to leave it because they wouldn't be getting to it until the afternoon - I asked "what's the point of having an appointment then?")
3) Had to "fix" the third brake light because 1 of the LED bulbs had burned out and it wouldn't pass inspection - the dealer charged me around 400.00 for the part and 100.00 to install it...I'm not even going to tell you what came out of my mouth when I discovered "parts.com" and the estimated labor time for the install.

In all fairness - the Philly dealership experience was a good one. The other two - not so much.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:00 PM

2013 E63 Performance Package
What is BE? I live in Northern Virginia and use Eurasian. They are great, but it sounds like BE specializes in our cars.

Thanks
Old 08-29-2010, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 E55
Just in case any of you are wondering if you have to go to a dealership - you don't; just picked my car up from my indy shop that I go to and Chrysler signed off on all the work done (both fuel pumps replaced and a new super charger clutch).
Buddy, did you go to the guys at Benz Elite? Did you have to call Chrysler or did Emile or Eddie did that for ya?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What is BE? I live in Northern Virginia and use Eurasian. They are great, but it sounds like BE specializes in our cars.
Benz Elite Automotive in Alexandria.

Buddy, did you go to the guys at Benz Elite? Did you have to call Chrysler or did Emile or Eddie did that for ya?
Yep - They called it in - said it was the easiest transaction ever - no questions just a credit card and approval. . .

Have fun in Germany (God help the Germans) maybe one day we'll be in Europe in the same country at the same time

Last edited by motorkas; 08-29-2010 at 09:50 PM.