W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 ECU flashes and 3 hours of road tuning!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by skratch77
my car was in second gear,I have no first gear lol either way it sounds like you guys found some new tweaks.

try driving in second gear and just barely jab the throttle like I did,I went out for another drive and I went sideways and almost did a 180
bahahah I did the same thing yesterday! Was thinking to myself, ok well were not going to do that again!

And ya, some new tweaks indeed. We had to have some thing translated from German to make sure it was what we thought it was...
Old 10-14-2010, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
Got to love those German DAMOS files....Hope you found some hot German Woman to do it and not google translate...
Old 10-14-2010, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
can we see some videos?

Here is my car with M/T dragradials and it has no problems breaking them loose with a jab at the throttle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7oSPm-2jN4
SWEET! Just turn Boy George off next time so we can hear the car
Old 10-14-2010, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05' E55 & 05' C230K
Ok, Dyno pics/ charts from last weeks Dyno with Jerry tuning it. He did several runs with tuning changes each time to get to the end of 459 WHP (Max run 1) from 386 WHP (Max run 2). I did a run at a local shop stock a couple weeks before and it was 384 whp on a similiar dyno so I know the stock 384 & 386 are true base line ( I was a bit dissappointed with those #'s). I had Sunil at Motorwerks put on my 172 ASP Pulley (go here first!). By the way, great deal on Pulley & Jerry Tune Combo/ Special and well worth it given the results. No other MODs except K&N airfilters.

Also, I attached a vid from the pulley to show it runs true and wobble free for any doubters. ###### Sorry the vid is too big (1.72MB) for the upload rules######

Choose your installers very carfully the first time and save a tow and much hassle and expense!!! My car ended up at Motorwerks to fix what the first guy F@cked up!!!

Please don't PM me with a bunch of questions. Post them here for full disclosure.

Thanks,
Tom
Attached Thumbnails 12 ECU flashes and 3 hours of road tuning!-my-e55-dyno-screen-view.jpg   12 ECU flashes and 3 hours of road tuning!-dyno-my-e55-w-jerry-tune.jpg   12 ECU flashes and 3 hours of road tuning!-my-e55-dyno-whp-wtq-jerry-tune.jpg   12 ECU flashes and 3 hours of road tuning!-my-e55-dyno-w-jerry.jpg  

Last edited by t1eyer; 10-14-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Upload difficulties
Old 10-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by loungn14
very cool, and yes you will notice a difference. We will have some results from the texas mile for you next weekend! That should help most for comparison to your driving.

Oh and here is a quick video.....notice the shifting.....this is in auto and with traction control on...

Link

very cool, but i can't even use first gear if i go full load, never mind second.
I do see a fast shift though, usuly on the heavy powered cars it just bounces on first gear
Old 10-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
i can use first gear all the way up to 5k rpms now!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
very cool, and yes you will notice a difference. We will have some results from the texas mile for you next weekend! That should help most for comparison to your driving.

Oh and here is a quick video.....notice the shifting.....this is in auto and with traction control on...

Link

This makes me tingle in my special place.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:33 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
This makes me tingle in my special place.
lol, so true....
Old 10-14-2010, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by t1eyer
Ok, Dyno pics/ charts from last weeks Dyno with Jerry tuning it. He did several runs with tuning changes each time to get to the end of 459 WHP (Max run 1) from 386 WHP (Max run 2). I did a run at a local shop stock a couple weeks before and it was 384 whp on a similiar dyno so I know the stock 384 & 386 are true base line ( I was a bit dissappointed with those #'s). I had Sunil at Motorwerks put on my 172 ASP Pulley (go here first!). By the way, great deal on Pulley & Jerry Tune Combo/ Special and well worth it given the results. No other MODs except K&N airfilters.

Also, I attached a vid from the pulley to show it runs true and wobble free for any doubters. ###### Sorry the vid is too big (1.72MB) for the upload rules######

Choose your installers very carfully the first time and save a tow and much hassle and expense!!! My car ended up at Motorwerks to fix what the first guy F@cked up!!!

Please don't PM me with a bunch of questions. Post them here for full disclosure.

Thanks,
Tom
Very true! My 180 ASP pulley install was a nightmare. The shop that f'd it up took no responsibility whatsoever. I couldn't believe it. I totally regretted buying the tune/pulley combo when I was dealing with getting my car put back together. Now that it's finally right, I couldn't be happier with results. The car is a totally different animal now. Once I get my dr setup together and mounted I'll head to the track and post some results. Trying to run on my stock tires would be a total waste of time now.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Why are we gauging car speed by how much the traction control light blinks now?
Old 10-15-2010, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Don't forget that we all must do it on cold drag tires (Read not very sticky)
Old 10-15-2010, 05:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
I have also dropped my car over 3" to help cut through the wind for the Texas mile.. More in the front , than rear.. Lower profile front tires, also helped the drop.. The CL is hammered now.
From what I have seen the road used (from older video) is not that level and has some bumps and troughs make sure you dont bottom out ... !!!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:36 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
in our video, it was more the shifting and times to complete shift, not the speed... Sorry should have made that more clear. It will be more apparent when we get our mile numbers...

Originally Posted by AMGPilot
Don't forget that we all must do it on cold drag tires (Read not very sticky)
skratch77 was just trying to show his new tune from another vendor that he was happy with, the same as we were. Our CLS was done with 20" rims and good rubber.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
in our video, it was more the shifting and times to complete shift, not the speed... Sorry should have made that more clear. It will be more apparent when we get our mile numbers...

skratch77 was just trying to show his new tune from another vendor that he was happy with, the same as we were. Our CLS was done with 20" rims and good rubber.
and my tires were not cold,you can hear them and it left patches on the ground bro.

If they were cold they would spin quietly and make no marks.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
and my tires were not cold,you can hear them and it left patches on the ground bro.

If they were cold they would spin quietly and make no marks.
Skratch77,
I noticed that you ESP is switched off in the video you posted, to be honest with the mods your car has you shouldnt have any problems doing what it does with the ESP OFF !! I cant really see whats so special about the vid but maybe im missing something I probably am, LOL

I was in Sharduls car when Jerry was playing with it, I can say without a doubt that even with the same ECU tune as shards has have for a while what jerry was playing with made a huge difference to the way the car felt on my Butt dyno, as sharduls car is already a beast it would be really nice to see how it changes the personality of a stage one car
Old 10-15-2010, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by AUS-E55
Skratch77,
I noticed that you ESP is switched off in the video you posted, to be honest with the mods your car has you shouldnt have any problems doing what it does with the ESP OFF !! I cant really see whats so special about the vid but maybe im missing something I probably am, LOL

I was in Sharduls car when Jerry was playing with it, I can say without a doubt that even with the same ECU tune as shards has have for a while what jerry was playing with made a huge difference to the way the car felt on my Butt dyno, as sharduls car is already a beast it would be really nice to see how it changes the personality of a stage one car
to be honest, i'm not seeing anything special about either vid...
Old 10-15-2010, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Skratch77,

Here is what it comes down too.

there are 3 stages of traction control that you can't shut off,even in dyno mode the car will limit torque to save the tranny.

With the light off you can make it blink real easy,once you turn the light on the tc gives you a little bit more power but it will blink once you spin also.

The point of my video was to show that there are no torque limits on my car and nothing was said on what there changing.Almost anyone on this forum even a bone stock e55 should do what there saying.

Now if he is actually changing the traction control thresh hold than congrats to you guys,you have found a way to shut off or limit traction control more so than the stupid button that we have that dosnt shut it off much.

I cant drive around with the button off because I get massive power cut and its blinking all day,with it on the car will give me more power but eventually it will blink and cut power again.

this has nothing to do with torque limits,its the way the traction control is working with the speed sensors.

with esp on the car will cut power as soon as the wheels spin,nothing to do with limits,its traction control working

Last edited by skratch77; 10-15-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:01 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Skratchy, Nothing is turned off period! I least from the files I was preivy too.. If you have all this stuff turned off, huge mod list and only run 11.80`s , then maybe you should turn a few things back on..hehe

Way more to the changes than just TQ..Like I said, there are 10-15 parameter changes and part of the 3 hours of road tuning to make this file VIOLENT ! My wife is also racer and no car is to fast for her. After I got on it last night and accidently jolted her around the cabin and she hit her arm hard on the window. She went off on my pretty hard.. LOL Her exact words are, "why is this car so violent now" , "you hit my arm on the window" , "this is to violent and something may break"..lol I knew at that moment, that we had a winner!

Yes, she also is running the car in the Texas mile!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 10-15-2010, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Skratchy, Nothing is turned off period! I least from the files I was preivy too.. If you have all this stuff turned off, huge mod list and only run 11.80`s , then maybe you should turn a few things back on..hehe

Way more to the changes than just TQ..Like I said, there are 10-15 parameter changes and part of the 3 hours of road tuning to make this file VIOLENT ! My wife is also racer and no car is to fast for her. After I got on it last night and accidently jolted her around the cabin and she hit her arm hard on the window. She went off on my pretty hard.. LOL Her exact words are, "why is this car so violent now" , "you hit my arm on the window" , "this is to violent and something may break"..lol I knew at that moment, that we had a winner!

Yes, she also is running the car in the Texas mile!
Thats what I like hearing lol,it sounds like the file has the traction control not cutting power and just letting her rip.

and yea a 1.936 60ft with the traction control on is pretty bad,I was getting 2.3 60fts all night and was so happy when I nailed one under 2.0

I think if I can get a 1.7 60 she will run a 11.4 or so.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
Originally Posted by chiromikey
to be honest, i'm not seeing anything special about either vid...
LOL, I knew I was missing something, what other Video
Old 10-15-2010, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
The point of Brook's post that is most important to me is that the torque management between shifts has been improve with the new Jerry tune. I can litterally count "1 thousand" between shift and when the power comes back on. I am sure This will take at least .4 of my times. Any modded 55 makes sufficient torque to spin the wheels in 2nd with traction off in a fixed run. Hell I can do that in 3rd now that I put my winter wheels back on. Bottom line is who cars how it spins your tires, you are just going slower. Improving shift times and launch power..I'll take that!

Oh and Scratch, I am going to bet that your 60's are more related to track prep than power. My friend has of low 9 second turbo Vette running 10"( 275's) hoosier Dr's and cutting 1.4's . With proper track prep and launch technique you have more than enough tire to stick your power. Can you take a video with the same conditions as the cls video to see how your 1-2 and 2-3 shifts happen with TC on. That CLS roasted on shifts, I know my current Jerry tune doesn't let me do that and I have almost the same mods as the one in the video.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL, I knew I was missing something, what other Video
here you go:

Link

Old 10-15-2010, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by KLR CLS
The point of Brook's post that is most important to me is that the torque management between shifts has been improve with the new Jerry tune. I can litterally count "1 thousand" between shift and when the power comes back on. I am sure This will take at least .4 of my times. Any modded 55 makes sufficient torque to spin the wheels in 2nd with traction off in a fixed run. Hell I can do that in 3rd now that I put my winter wheels back on. Bottom line is who cars how it spins your tires, you are just going slower. Improving shift times and launch power..I'll take that!
i'm not arguing that something may have improved but i just don't see how you can tell that tq management between shifts has been improved from that vid. all i see is a shift during wheel spin. show me a dramatically improved shift (with traction) at the 2-3 gear change and then you'll raise some eyebrows.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
i'm not arguing that something may have improved but i just don't see how you can tell that tq management between shifts has been improved from that vid. all i see is a shift during wheel spin. show me a dramatically improved shift (with traction) at the 2-3 gear change and then you'll raise some eyebrows.
and from 3-4 also, on a car with all the bolt ons. That would show somthing
Old 10-15-2010, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
With RennTech software and IPT valve body all shifts seem as quick as my CLK and they are definitely solid. With LSD and toe-links, on cold heat cycled street tires you need to be cautious even from 2-3.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 12 ECU flashes and 3 hours of road tuning!