W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 ECU flashes and 3 hours of road tuning!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by AgSilver
With RennTech software and IPT valve body all shifts seem as quick as my CLK and they are definitely solid. With LSD and toe-links, on cold heat cycled street tires you need to be cautious even from 2-3.
i've driven two e55's with renntech speedshift software and there is relative improvement over stock...relative being the key word as the shifts still aren't "impressive". i'd love to hear more about a working modified vb for our platform.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:24 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
I saw the files and 1.7ms is stock.. Not sure how it felt on the E55 but my CL was horrible on the 2-3 shift.. "was".. No way to describe all the files but they are substancial and read redundently. Changing one or two parameters did not show much seat of the pants but at the 8th flash, we were talking transformers.. The sum of the changes made the car transform..

I hope to hear from all the Dallas guys that Jerry has been tuning for the last few days.. Did not hear how many 55`s he did..

I would have had 1/4 mile times but that frickin Pinks Houston edition took the track.. We have a low of 48 deg tonight too.

I drove a S65 with speedshift and was not impressed ..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 10-15-2010, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W218 CLS63 PP
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
I saw the files and 1.7ms is stock.. Not sure how it felt on the E55 but my CL was horrible on the 2-3 shift.. "was".. No way to describe all the files but they are substancial and read redundently. Changing one or two parameters did not show much seat of the pants but at the 8th flash, we were talking transformers.. The sum of the changes made the car transform..

I hope to hear from all the Dallas guys that Jerry has been tuning for the last few days.. Did not hear how many 55`s he did..

I would have had 1/4 mile times but that frickin Pinks Houston edition took the track.. We have a low of 48 deg tonight too.

I drove a S65 with speedshift and was not impressed ..

He did my S55 with the new breakthrough software... I love it! Hopefully you and I can meet up sometime as he told me a lot about your car and I would love to see it in action. Maybe we can line it up against my brothers SL65 BS just for fun.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ed-my-s55.html
Old 10-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Banned

Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by skratch77
can we see some videos?

Here is my car with M/T dragradials and it has no problems breaking them loose with a jab at the throttle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7oSPm-2jN4
Seem like its much different for you with traction control on.

Now thats its colder out we can have some fun with our bigger pulled cars.Im also in the process of taking the renntech airbox out,for some reason I think its making me run richer,I lost 2 mph at the track with it on and so did my brother on his e55 when he had it.

ohh well here is a quick pull I just did,enjoy bros!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RUPxRiUkJQ
Old 10-17-2010, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Rocket Boost
Seem like its much different for you with traction control on.

109 oct vs pump and thats what traction control is supposed to do.Ill make a nice video braking them loose for you with it on.That video was to show the shift speed and it was fully adapted with the race fuel from the track that day.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Banned

Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
109 oct vs pump and thats what traction control is supposed to do.Ill make a nice video braking them loose for you with it on.That video was to show the shift speed and it was fully adapted with the race fuel from the track that day.
Awesome

Here is another video of the Jerry tune on a CLS55 AMG. Traction control is on using pump gas at part throttle, notice how quickly it shifts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD9iJW7C7xI
Old 10-18-2010, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
Thanks for sharing the vid. Honestly, this is only "part throttle"?
Would you post your mods you have in addition to the tune?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
Originally Posted by lowprofile
Thanks for sharing the vid. Honestly, this is only "part throttle"?
Would you post your mods you have in addition to the tune?
I beleive the answer is.."All of them"
Old 10-18-2010, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by KLR CLS
I beleive the answer is.."All of them"
IDK. It was mentioned that there are two CLS, aside from Exotic, running the same exact setup, father/son in Texas.
In the first vid posted by loungn you can hear a different exhaust setup than in the second vid. So, that makes at least three CLS with this tune.
I then came across this vid, by the owner of the third CLS, any yes he has every mod under the sun.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/m...o-numbers.html

From what I remember this owner (Fullthrottle) was having/had EC do a full build when he was banned from this site. There were a few updates by EC, but those stopped too. There were rumors as to why the updates stopped.
So, at this point I don't know what to believe.
I was expecting something different from what I watched on the second vid.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:34 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
CLS #1 and #2 are owned by the same family. They have all the standard bolt ons. Pulley, HE, Tune, TB, Headers, Injectors

CLS #3 is FullThrottles CLS55. He has all of the above mods, plus Kleemann cams and a full exhaust.

Just for reference, there are about 10 others running this tune too. There are E55's, S55's, CLS55's, CL55's and an SL55.

Originally Posted by lowprofile
IDK. It was mentioned that there are two CLS, aside from Exotic, running the same exact setup, father/son in Texas.
In the first vid posted by loungn you can hear a different exhaust setup than in the second vid. So, that makes at least three CLS with this tune.
I then came across this vid, by the owner of the third CLS, any yes he has every mod under the sun.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/m...o-numbers.html

From what I remember this owner (Fullthrottle) was having/had EC do a full build when he was banned from this site. There were a few updates by EC, but those stopped too. There were rumors as to why the updates stopped.
So, at this point I don't know what to believe.
I was expecting something different from what I watched on the second vid.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
CLS # 4 will be me...
Old 09-27-2011, 11:22 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Less than a year and it is that time again! Road tune time!!! EC Texas mile V.2 tune coming soon. Have to say, those road tuning runs were a lot of fun. Going to need the ET streets to keep tire slip down and a steady AFR reading this year.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-27-2011, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Less than a year and it is that time again! Road tune time!!! EC Texas mile V.2 tune coming soon. Have to say, those road tuning runs were a lot of fun. Going to need the ET streets to keep tire slip down and a steady AFR reading this year.
You tease