W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outstanding customer service from Jerry "The Tuning Master" @ Eurocharged!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
People, clean up this thread. If you have nothing constructive to say, move on. People can have disagreements without insults. If all you can do is throw rocks, then penalties will ensue.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
Here's some hypocrisy:

Originally Posted by beauphus
I am a business owner and understand both sides. My issue is with the lynch mob mentality. It can easily sink a small company like 360 and cause irreparable damage. I am by no means saying Jordan isnt ultimately responsible - but I am saying that the public (especially via the internet) can go overboard attempting to snuff out bad guys. In my business if one person makes a negative comment it can cause a catastrophic shift in perception which ultimately can lead to very bad things. Report negatively on a stock and watch it plummet - sometimes despite strong earnings/fundamentals.
But I'm willing to forgive you for that, as it seems you have a lot of experience with the 55 motor. Perhaps you could contribute something?
Old 10-28-2010, 09:37 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by beauphus
I just think that the moderators should create a special sub-forum where all the Jerry fanboys can compile their compliments on a rotational basis and take turns praising "Jerry the Tuning God". The forums shouldnt be used as Jerrys personal testimonial page. Thats what his personal website is for. But then again what do I know. It just seems cheesy and ridiculous - and semi unfounded based on others experiences with said tuner. Carry on with your parade...
I guess we could have one for us and one for Jeremy then on that note? There are just as many posts about Jeremy and yet that's not a problem for the Jeremy fan club? He is a very good tuner, and deserves the praise for a job well done, but so does Jerry.

Originally Posted by pearlpower
How about you use the search function located up top. There are plenty of threads on blown motors, blocked sensor data, customer service, missing orders, missing items, pulley issues, etc.
For you to come here and come off in the manner you have and expect others to do your own work reflects poorly on YOU. Do your own research. If you need assistance on how to search, by all means, please ask, and I am sure people will step up to assist you in using this board.
There are new people joining this board every day, to expect those that have been around a while to bring the newbies up to speed is unrealistic.
People get suspicious when someone with a few post comes here proclaiming a tuner is the TUNER MASTER when they offer nothing of any basis of comparison. How do they know? Have they received any other tunes from others? Pics of the car? Dyno sheet? Just seems to be a lot of drop to your knees and give Eurocharged some love going around here when so many here have had significant issues with them so a few folks will speak up. And for the record, almost every EC 'hater on this board actually really liked them until................................
I do have the EC 180mm pulley on my car and so far it has been flawless-so far-keeping the fingers crossed. In all fairness, there are plenty of folks that like EC and I hope nothing goes wrong with their cars, just have to search and catch up, then decide. BTW, great taste in cars you have there.
Sorry that you get suspicious that posts like this keep coming up. The fact of the matter is we have been busting our A$$ trying to make the best product and best customer service in the game. If you use the search engine you will see that for the past few months, there are a ton of posts like this, in all the sub forums. We definitely realize that a few on the boards are not on the EC bandwagon, and that's fine. All we can do is work as hard as we can to eventually change your perspective, and if that happens great, if not then we did all we can do.

Yes there is a lot of data in the forum. But just as much "he said she said" and misinformed data. Yes, we did have pulley issues a few years ago. Then we changed manufactures (went with asp) and everything has been great ever since. We have replaced tons of pullies at our cost just to make customers happy. We have personally driven hours to people's houses to tune and and also gone to look at issues they are having with the car not related to our products just to help give that extra bit of customer service (other vendors headers/other vendors pullies wobbling etc) And your right, there is a lot of threads out there, with motor issues, with a lot of the tuners on the boards, including Jeremy. Blocked sensor data? If you are talking about turning off cat codes, then yes, every capable tuner can do that. Missing orders? Missing items??? Can you send me a PM about this one? I am not aware of this.

I think what we just accomplished at the Texas Mile speaks wonders about what we can do on the 55 platform.

Originally Posted by stevebez
How did you connect your laptop to the car?
OBD2 to USB... We have remote tuning kits that we send all over the world that allows us to take control of the pc, and tune the car appropriately.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:45 AM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by MB-BOB
People, clean up this thread. If you have nothing constructive to say, move on. People can have disagreements without insults. If all you can do is throw rocks, then penalties will ensue.
Sorry Bob.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by loungn14

Yes there is a lot of data in the forum. But just as much "he said she said" and misinformed data.
Well said.

I see a disproportionate amount of actual date shared by Eurocharged and their customers, compared to other tuners/customers. Time slips, Texas mile results, before and after dyno sheets..ect thats what i consider data. X tuner is "my guy" or i like "this tuner" means absolutely nothing to me. Country road flybys, "look at my part of the week, and horrible exhaust clip threads are not all that convincing.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
The guy is a new forum member, he got great service from jerry and is very satisfied with the product, enough said, let him show his gratitude and be happy with his new found power.

Generally new forum members get very excited with upgrades and until proven otherwise, I think it should be left at that.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:17 AM

Slow
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
The guy is a new forum member, he got great service from jerry and is very satisfied with the product, enough said, let him show his gratitude and be happy with his new found power.

Generally new forum members get very excited with upgrades and until proven otherwise, I think it should be left at that.

I totally agree, I got really excited after my first tune
Old 10-28-2010, 10:22 AM

P-Carro
I've used three tunes from 3 different companies and I would only post personal experiences, we don't have to post any proof of anything negative done by any tuner in the past around here,that is why there is a search bar. The least some of us can do is warn the newbies about certain companies that have done well for some and real bad for others but yet only the so called good ones come out..

From what I've seen Jeremy's "fanboys" come out here with numbers (track numbers that is) and not saying he's god and how I'm pinned to the seat or how the Esp triangle keeps blinking..this is clearly a campaign that this tuner is starting for the past few months and if we chose to click on the thread is to mention nothing but facts and a bit of the tuners past that's all!! Good luck with all the torque and Search!!

Oh..Guys protect your knees- wear knee pads!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Originally Posted by stevebez
How did you connect your laptop to the car?
Unless Jerry has changed the setup, he sends the tune to the laptop, then has you connect the obdII flashing unit to the laptop and then he loads the flasher with the tune.

You just unplug the flasher and then plug it into your car.

With Jeremys system, it's the same thing, cept you get the files in an email and load them onto your portable flashing unit (which is yours to keep) and flash from there.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Banned

Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
From what I've seen Jeremy's "fanboys" come out here with numbers (track numbers that is) and not saying he's god and how I'm pinned to the seat or how the Esp triangle keeps blinking.!
Does the Texas mile count as a track?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:42 AM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by AZBENZ-CTSV
REALLY?? just had the same fine experience with Jerry as well. If you don't like the FACTS that people have had with him....... don't read and move on.
My experience thus far is he is going above and beyond what I expected and in this day and age certainly a rarity!
Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
Unnecessary.
Originally Posted by Rocket Boost
Does the Texas mile count as a track?
That's definitely a track!!! Does that mean none of us can't go that fast?? Now to the 1320' which is where 98% of us usually do our baseline runs.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:51 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
I post all my track slips, dynos, part numbers, custom work, research , how to`s and even slips info from Texas mile/1/4 mile.. Many here have stopped doing that but really doesnt matter to me if someone wants to hate on it or not.. If I post any more details, it may be considered **** and deleted.. LMAO!

All the decontructive post , are the main reason the MB format is not growing and seems to be shrinking. This is the best section on the NET to run off tuners and sponsors that I have seen on all car forums combined..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 10-28-2010, 10:52 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Unless Jerry has changed the setup, he sends the tune to the laptop, then has you connect the obdII flashing unit to the laptop and then he loads the flasher with the tune.

You just unplug the flasher and then plug it into your car.

With Jeremys system, it's the same thing, cept you get the files in an email and load them onto your portable flashing unit (which is yours to keep) and flash from there.
Correct. We also have the same remote unit that Jeremy does. (most likely the same vendor selling to both of us)

That's definitely a track!!! Does that mean none of us can't go that fast?? Now to the 1320' which is where 98% of us usually do our baseline runs.
I honestly wish more AMG guys would get to the mile. That is a true and extremely consistant test of what a car can do. I learned a lot of stuff this weekend about the mile. People don't just get to the line and floor it like the drag strip. They go slow and then get on it as taking off hard from the line apparently doesn't matter. I also asked about weight of the car, and again its not a big deal as pushing through the 150pmh wall takes pure hp to maintain. Kurt was there and would simply look at a car and be able to tell within a mph or two what it should do.

Tuning on a dyno is not the same as being able to tune for the mile. You need to maintain the hp through the entire powerband, not just go for max hp in 3rd gear.

We should have some 1/4 mile numbers soon for you from brookes car.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Banned

Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
If 98% of you test and tune at the track where are all the time slips? Show me dyno numbers, thats where the real story is told. A dyno is a measurement tool of the rotational torque you can apply at the wheels, from which a hp number is extrapolated since Tq is a force and HP is a formula for work. Track numbers are about how you can put the power down into acceleration. All i see around here is burnout vids and childish flyby videos. Once again i see lots of PROOF of what Eurocharged claims from them and their customers.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:57 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
REALLY? I bet not even 4% E55 owners have even run thier cars at 1320 mark, much less baseline there.. I think Wax, wheels, Carbon fiber trim is used far more for a basline than the 1320..
Old 10-28-2010, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
If 98% of you test and tune at the track where are all the time slips? Show me dyno numbers, thats where the real story is told. A dyno is a measurement tool of the rotational torque you can apply at the wheels, from which a hp number is extrapolated since Tq is a force and HP is a formula for work. Track numbers are about how you can put the power down into acceleration. All i see around here is burnout vids and childish flyby videos. Once again i see lots of PROOF of what Eurocharged claims from them and their customers.
The quickest E55 here that I know of is not eurocharged tune.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-20299.html

Hopefully those with the 'new' EC will get their cars out to the 1/4 track and show us their #s.

Last edited by pearlpower; 10-28-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:17 AM

P-Carro
FULL THROTTLE AKA ROCKET BOOST SAYS "Show me dyno numbers, thats where the real story is told. A dyno is a measurement tool of the rotational torque you can apply at the wheels, from which a hp number is extrapolated since Tq is a force and HP is a formula for work. Track numbers are about how you can put the power down into acceleration"

Last edited by LOCO 05' E55; 10-28-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Banned

Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by pearlpower

Hopefully those with the 'new' EC will get their cars out to the 1/4 track and show us their #s.
Hopefully people who bash them in favor of "their guy" will too.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hopefully people who bash them in favor of "their guy" will too.
You appear to be new here, so I will share that there does exist solid reasons for some to dislike this company. A search will review those very length threads. I hate Ford and GM with a passion-for good reasons. You may have dislike for companies yourself-for good reason.

I myself experienced shoddy service from EC along with PMs that never went answered even if they posted above 'send me a PM.' Nothing serious, just felt things could have gone much smoother. There are also many that have received great service from them and I do not doubt that either. Just how it goes. Also, this forum in the past have had to deal with unscrupulous vendors that were only interested in making the mighty buck regardless of the quality of their products. Generally they go by the wayside which also occurred here.

Ultimately, all of us as a collective group should have one thing in common which is to have the best performance options available or our cars with 'safety' in mind regardless of where it comes from.

Currently OEtuning has the quickest non NOS 55 out there in the 1/4. Formosa is right around the corner and the tuners will be out there tuning between runs. How awesome is that? I'm looking forward to the results regardless of the name on the wall.

Last edited by pearlpower; 10-28-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:36 AM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
REALLY? I bet not even 4% E55 owners have even run thier cars at 1320 mark, much less baseline there.. I think Wax, wheels, Carbon fiber trim is used far more for a basline than the 1320..
Sorry meant quarter mile
Old 10-28-2010, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
I post all my track slips, dynos, part numbers, custom work, research , how to`s and even slips info from Texas mile/1/4 mile.. Many here have stopped doing that but really doesnt matter to me if someone wants to hate on it or not.. If I post any more details, it may be considered **** and deleted.. LMAO!

All the decontructive post , are the main reason the MB format is not growing and seems to be shrinking. This is the best section on the NET to run off tuners and sponsors that I have seen on all car forums combined..
You are right about that Metal. Go over to www.svtperformance.com and you will see a forum that is leaps and bounds bigger than this forum, however the vendor squabbles are way less. Each vendor has their own niche and own type of customer. The major differences are that there are huge mustang magazines out where they can advertise and push their products unlike the E55 AMG or AMG in general. They really dont have anything to push their products other than forums which is tough.

The other issue is that the E55 is getting new types of owners who are wanting to push the car to new limits and with that comes failure at some point to something. The problem is, in the E55 world, failure means $$$$. That is when the vendor bashing comes out. Fingers start pointing and comments true or false start been said.
Been in the cobra game for 8 years, failure does happen but it is not nearly as pricey and it has been around for decades. There is much more R&D out there on what works and what the limits are.

The E55 section here is very piranha like But I think on this board, members are way more skeptical and cautious because there are more unknowns, and we are all still new to this modding game. We tend to look out for each other, and have our feelers out all the timeOver time I think if this niche continues to grow, each vendor will begin to grab there own type of customer, and the customer will know what they want out of their car, and how far they want to push the limits.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:41 AM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Sorry meant quarter mile
Not sure if you're serious.... 1320 IS the 1/4 mile.

I searched and read the two blown motors threads that popped up.

So you and aleksandar1099 had blown motors. Yours sounds legitimate, his did not [his mistake, not the tuners... you can't blame a tuner if you blow your motor up when flashed with a stock map]

Both threads referenced deleted threads...which other members had threads deleted?
Old 10-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Banned

Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
Sorry meant quarter mile
CLASSIC!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:45 AM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
You are right about that Metal. Go over to www.svtperformance.com and you will see a forum that is leaps and bounds bigger than this forum, however the vendor squabbles are way less. Each vendor has their own niche and own type of customer. The major differences are that there are huge mustang magazines out where they can advertise and push their products unlike the E55 AMG or AMG in general. They really dont have anything to push their products other than forums which is tough.

The other issue is that the E55 is getting new types of owners who are wanting to push the car to new limits and with that comes failure at some point to something. The problem is, in the E55 world, failure means $$$$. That is when the vendor bashing comes out. Fingers start pointing and comments true or false start been said.
Been in the cobra game for 8 years, failure does happen but it is not nearly as pricey and it has been around for decades. There is much more R&D out there on what works and what the limits are.

The E55 section here is very piranha like But I think on this board, members are way more skeptical and cautious because there are more unknowns, and we are all still new to this modding game. We tend to look out for each other, and have our feelers out all the timeOver time I think if this niche continues to grow, each vendor will begin to grab there own type of customer, and the customer will know what they want out of their car, and how far they want to push the limits.
Thanks for sharing.

A tuner in Houston [SGP Racing] blew 2 turbos and then the motor on my old track car...when going for a conservative tune that could handle the extra stressors inherently associated with tracking a car in 95* Texas heat.

They had an incredible reputation when the car got to them, but by the time they were able to get around to working on my car 6 months later, they were the worst of the scum as far as reputation was concerned.

Thus, things change in the tuning world quite rapidly, and it is all the more important to have facts and not emotions.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BenzoDoc

Thus, things change in the tuning world quite rapidly,
A lot of truth in them words right there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Outstanding customer service from Jerry "The Tuning Master" @ Eurocharged!