W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outstanding customer service from Jerry "The Tuning Master" @ Eurocharged!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P-Carro
Originally Posted by BenzoDoc
Not sure if you're serious.... 1320 IS the 1/4 mile.

I searched and read the two blown motors threads that popped up.

So you and aleksandar1099 had blown motors. Yours sounds legitimate, his did not [his mistake, not the tuners... you can't blame a tuner if you blow your motor up when flashed with a stock map]
Both threads referenced deleted threads...which other members had threads deleted?

Metal said no one goes to the 1320' so i agreed

Waoo you actually had the time to read through all of that? there is plenty of info there my friend and plenty of BS also... i had mine closed!! we were getting nowhere and i had no time to reply to all the PM's..
Old 10-28-2010, 11:54 AM

P-Carro
Originally Posted by Rocket Boost
CLASSIC!!!
WHATS THE QUARTER MILE? ISN'T THE 1320'? CLASSSIIIC!!! DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A 1/4 MILE TRACK IS..GOD HELP US!!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:54 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Thanks for sharing.

A tuner in Houston [SGP Racing] blew 2 turbos and then the motor on my old track car...when going for a conservative tune that could handle the extra stressors inherently associated with tracking a car in 95* Texas heat.

They had an incredible reputation when the car got to them, but by the time they were able to get around to working on my car 6 months later, they were the worst of the scum as far as reputation was concerned.

Thus, things change in the tuning world quite rapidly, and it is all the more important to have facts and not emotions.
A common misconception , is that hot days are harder on the motor.. Hot and High DA days are actually much easier on a motor.. One, it makes much less power in a High D/A and second , ECU pulls more timing and ADD`s more fuel.. If you notice, most motors blow in cold, high power and minus D/A weather.. Now if you have a stand alone ECU, then amything can happen..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 10-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Banned

Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
Metal said no one goes to the 1320' so i agreed

Waoo you actually had the time to read through all of that? there is plenty of info there my friend and plenty of BS also... i had mine closed!! we were getting nowhere and i had no time to reply to all the PM's..
Damage control anyone.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
A common misconception , is that hot days are harder on the motor.. Hot and High DA days are actually much easier on a motor.. One, it makes much less power in a High D/A and second , ECU pulls more timing and ADD`s more fuel.. If you notice, most motors blow in cold, high power and minus D/A weather.. Now if you have a stand alone ECU, then amything can happen..
It was a rotary.... that's all I need to say lol.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
If 98% of you test and tune at the track where are all the time slips? Show me dyno numbers, thats where the real story is told. A dyno is a measurement tool of the rotational torque you can apply at the wheels, from which a hp number is extrapolated since Tq is a force and HP is a formula for work. Track numbers are about how you can put the power down into acceleration. All i see around here is burnout vids and childish flyby videos. Once again i see lots of PROOF of what Eurocharged claims from them and their customers.
I didn't plan on getting into this discussion but after reading this, I just laughed. "Show me dyno numbers, that's where the real story is told".... I really thought people understood the purpose of a dyno, but yet we have people like this making absurd comments. The real numbers are proven on the track and not on a dyno. You my friend have it all backwards.

As far as performance on the track, whether it's the mile or the 1/4, each their own on where they want to run. IMO I would much rather have a strong running 1/4 mile car. It represents torque, hp, and the ability to launch your car. Plus, I just don't ever see myself exceeding speeds above 130 MPH on the streets.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:02 PM

P-Carro
Damage control anyone.
WAO DUDE YOU SHOULD HAVE KEPT UR OLD NAME I CAN SEE IT RIGHT THROUGH THE NEW ONE, SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE!! HOW IS THAT 600WHP CLS OF URS? Have you taken it to the 1/4 mile? better yet why dont you try the 1320' instead? Go race somebody on that pretty little dyno of yours! FULLTHROTTLE
Old 10-28-2010, 12:18 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
WAO DUDE YOU SHOULD HAVE KEPT UR OLD NAME I CAN SEE IT RIGHT THROUGH THE NEW ONE, SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE!! HOW IS THAT 600WHP CLS OF URS? Have you taken it to the 1/4 mile? better yet why dont you try the 1320' instead? Go race somebody on that pretty little dyno of yours! FULLTHROTTLE
Are you a 14 year old that just found the caps lock key?

Autoscope and other shops actually have side by side dynos that they DO dyno racing on....which include launching, R/T, and 1/4 mile lol.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Banned

Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by bassn_07
I didn't plan on getting into this discussion but after reading this, I just laughed. "Show me dyno numbers, that's where the real story is told".... I really thought people understood the purpose of a dyno, but yet we have people like this making absurd comments. The real numbers are proven on the track and not on a dyno. You my friend have it all backwards.

As far as performance on the track, whether it's the mile or the 1/4, each their own on where they want to run. IMO I would much rather have a strong running 1/4 mile car. It represents torque, hp, and the ability to launch your car. Plus, I just don't ever see myself exceeding speeds above 130 MPH on the streets.
If i have a 1300whp car on the dyno and i take it to the track and i can only manage to run 11's does that mean the tuner/mods or build is not as good as a car that makes 900 and runs 9's? Lets cut the BS.

I dont live my life 1/4 mile at a time. If my car makes the power it should on the dyno and has great street manners thats all im looking for. Beyond what people on these forums will admit to that's what 99% of enthusiasts want as well. If nothing else the lack of track times and other related data proves this point.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:27 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
I honestly used to think that, until I attended the mile and learned more about it.

The problem with the 1/4 to me is the different variables with track prep/ da / driver knowing how to launch/ this track is fast/slow etc. With the mile, no one launches hard, everyone rolls into it as from what I was hearing it really doesn't matter with the launch too much. I also inquired about weight of the car/switching to lighter drivers, and that is not really a factor as well as we saw during the runs.

The mile to me is more so about HP and the ability to manage that hp/iat's/timing over the entire run. You need a significant amount of HP to get past the 150mph wall.

I got this from Kurt who was with us at the mile. (average)

400 rwhp - 163mph
500 rwhp - 174mph
600 rwhp - 180 mph
700 rwhp - 188 mph

What I really found interesting is that the consistancy of the cars between runs. We were talking to some of the vette guys, and all the cars would fall within 170-172mph with the same mods.

Don't get me wrong, I feel as both are a significant tool in determining how the car is performing.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:35 PM

P-Carro

Autoscope and other shops actually have side by side dynos that they DO dyno racing on....which include launching, R/T, and 1/4 mile lol.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:48 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by loungn14
I honestly used to think that, until I attended the mile and learned more about it.

The problem with the 1/4 to me is the different variables with track prep/ da / driver knowing how to launch/ this track is fast/slow etc. With the mile, no one launches hard, everyone rolls into it as from what I was hearing it really doesn't matter with the launch too much. I also inquired about weight of the car/switching to lighter drivers, and that is not really a factor as well as we saw during the runs.

The mile to me is more so about HP and the ability to manage that hp/iat's/timing over the entire run. You need a significant amount of HP to get past the 150mph wall.

I got this from Kurt who was with us at the mile. (average)

400 rwhp - 163mph
500 rwhp - 174mph
600 rwhp - 180 mph
700 rwhp - 188 mph

What I really found interesting is that the consistancy of the cars between runs. We were talking to some of the vette guys, and all the cars would fall within 170-172mph with the same mods.

Don't get me wrong, I feel as both are a significant tool in determining how the car is performing.

I have less mods that Exotic and "only" a Kleemann tune (168mm pulley) but my car done several (proven) runs on the mile to 179x and then finally a 180.01. is My car a "freak" or do track conditions affect the times dramatically?.

I was looking at perhaps a custom tune to get more power but now I'm not sure..

Paul
Old 10-28-2010, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Can we all just get along? It's great that Jerry is improving with his tune and his customers are happy. I personally have Jeremy tuned my car and happy with it. But I'm sure that I don't want Jeremy monopolized the E55/AMG tuning scene. I'm very happy that there's another reliable tuning option out there for our flat-form. May be this will be the kick that we need to advance in the E55/AMG tuning scence? May be this will be the year that someone will go nuts and get into the 9's?

And to whoever said that the Mile run is the bench-mark, that's absolute crap!! How many people out there have a chance to go that fast in real life? The 1/4 mile have been the bench mark since forever and it's worked. I'll stick to the 1/4mile run for my car. I don't want to risk my life to prove something that someone think is the new bench-mark.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway

Unless you decide to floor it for a 1/4 from the red in which case you are the only non NOS 55 K car to exceed that 130mph afaik. Congrats.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
Actually KLR CLS aka KLR CLS Says...

FULL THROTTLE AKA ROCKET BOOST SAYS "Show me dyno numbers, thats where the real story is told. A dyno is a measurement tool of the rotational torque you can apply at the wheels, from which a hp number is extrapolated since Tq is a force and HP is a formula for work. Track numbers are about how you can put the power down into acceleration"

And what he says is true.
1. ET's for 1/4 mile represent a measure of a accelerative performance of all the systems of a vehicle vs physics( Work energy/mass/CO-friction/drag, etc)

2. HP as measured by a Dyno in Torque, and calculated by math is a measure of the potential to do work.

All things being equal ( ie using the same dyno under the same conditions) the higher HP reading means more potential work energy.

More specifically, if you use the same Dyno to do before and after mods, then you know exactly how much additional work energy those mods have contributed to.

I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN:
You cannont scientifically compared one dyno to another more than you can one 1/4 run to another. Track to track Variables are no more mitigating than dyno to dyno.

Bottome line Is every mod I have added to my car has improved my performance either on the dyno or on the Track and Jerry has been a big part of this. His customer service is fantastic, and doesn't try to soak you on costs. ( he has retuned my ECU for free 3 times now, as he does for everone- OE tunning wants $250 per retune on top of an outrageously overprice dyno tune to start)

I recommend him without a second though....now where are my knee pads...
Old 10-28-2010, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Not sure if you're serious.... 1320 IS the 1/4 mile.

I searched and read the two blown motors threads that popped up.

So you and aleksandar1099 had blown motors. Yours sounds legitimate, his did not [his mistake, not the tuners... you can't blame a tuner if you blow your motor up when flashed with a stock map]

Both threads referenced deleted threads...which other members had threads deleted?
I dont know you, so please do not post misconceptions about me or my car. I took time to formulate a well written, well documented thread. I posted my car's entire experience not only from my own view, but those of many master mercedes technicians and other experienced third party sources. If you would like to venture further into why this happened and why others do not trust the abilities of the tune, it will divulge into a never ending battle with one side constantly attacking the other. I only started the thread after a countless number of personal attacks that I did not feel were warranted.

In regards to your question about the deleted threads, there were a few which were deleted out of resect, that no longer exists.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:55 PM

2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
I dont know you, so please do not post misconceptions about me or my car. I took time to formulate a well written, well documented thread. I posted my car's entire experience not only from my own view, but those of many master mercedes technicians and other experienced third party sources. If you would like to venture further into why this happened and why others do not trust the abilities of the tune, it will divulge into a never ending battle with one side constantly attacking the other. I only started the thread after a countless number of personal attacks that I did not feel were warranted.

In regards to your question about the deleted threads, there were a few which were deleted out of resect, that no longer exists.
I apologize for mentioning you by name, but you and he were the two posters whose threads popped up after I was told to search.

I have an inherent respect for your posts based on your DIY and STAR threads, I'm not trying to target your character at all. I simply garnered something different from your thread than was intended I guess.

If you need to PM me/feel the need to defend yourself, please do so. I certainly appreciate the desire for conflict avoidance.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:21 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Lopes80
I have less mods that Exotic and "only" a Kleemann tune (168mm pulley) but my car done several (proven) runs on the mile to 179x and then finally a 180.01. is My car a "freak" or do track conditions affect the times dramatically?.
I was looking at perhaps a custom tune to get more power but now I'm not sure..
Paul
Just like everything else track conditions do affect times. We were looking at a 20-25mph crosswind, and that definitely put all the cars there down a few mph for the day. We were told by the "vets" of the mile that they wouldn't be surprised with a 183-5 out of the car. Also I would assume da would play into it as you are on the other side of the pond.
From your 1 mile results post, it seems like the only mod that you don't have over brooke is the pistons. (well that and you have a airbox and he doesn't)
Originally Posted by stevebez
Chaps Paul is being uber modest! He won the award for the fastest modded German entry (completely demolishing a chipped 997T cab with exhaust which managed 173mph). And was 0.3 mph off the quickest time of the day!!!
As stated your car is extremely fast, and you deserve all the credit to get it there! You know just as much as we do how much it takes to make that kind of time.

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
Can we all just get along? It's great that Jerry is improving with his tune and his customers are happy. I personally have Jeremy tuned my car and happy with it. But I'm sure that I don't want Jeremy monopolized the E55/AMG tuning scene. I'm very happy that there's another reliable tuning option out there for our flat-form. May be this will be the kick that we need to advance in the E55/AMG tuning scence? May be this will be the year that someone will go nuts and get into the 9's?
You make a very good point here. If it were not for Jeremy, we wouldn't have pushed so hard to get to where we are now with the tuning. We have unlocked some new potential that we haven't seen any other tuner touch yet! (required a lot of german translation)
Old 10-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy

That is pretty much what he is in a nut shell.

Lol wow. Guess they don't care about airflow or other dynamics that go on in the 1/4 like traction, aero, weight transfer etc etc
If nothing else the lack of track times and other related data proves this point.
Where are yours? All I've seen out of you is hot air.
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
And to whoever said that the Mile run is the bench-mark, that's absolute crap!! How many people out there have a chance to go that fast in real life? The 1/4 mile have been the bench mark since forever and it's worked. I'll stick to the 1/4mile run for my car. I don't want to risk my life to prove something that someone think is the new bench-mark.
Agreed. Running the mile is awesome, but not reflective of every day driving. How often can you run a mile? Not very often. But like I said, it take s alot of work to get a car to run well in th emile since there is continuous stress on the motor.

And those comparing peak dyno numbers are so lost. Lets just say all dyno's are equal (I know they aren't). Why can a 500whp car beat a 600whp car? Assuming equal cars, traction etc etc. Because one car might make 600whp at redline and make very little power below that whereas the 500whp car makes it in the usable rpm range and holds it constant. AREA UNDER THE CURVE > PEAK HP!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:28 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
But like I said, it take s alot of work to get a car to run well in the mile since there is continuous stress on the motor.

Why can a 500whp car beat a 600whp car? Assuming equal cars, traction etc etc. Because one car might make 600whp at redline and make very little power below that whereas the 500whp car makes it in the usable rpm range and holds it constant. AREA UNDER THE CURVE > PEAK HP!!!!
this post should be a sticky......

Last edited by loungn14; 10-28-2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: missed the ] in quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
And those comparing peak dyno numbers are so lost. Lets just say all dyno's are equal (I know they aren't). Why can a 500whp car beat a 600whp car? Assuming equal cars, traction etc etc. Because one car might make 600whp at redline and make very little power below that whereas the 500whp car makes it in the usable rpm range and holds it constant. AREA UNDER THE CURVE > PEAK HP!!!!
So true, so true.

I would GLADLY take a 400whp car that makes it from 3k-6k, over a 500whp car that has a graph that looks like Mt everest anyday

So let me say it again

AREA UNDER THE CURVE

Damit: EC beat me to it, GOD I hate you guys

JK

Last edited by MRAMG1; 10-28-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
AREA UNDER THE CURVE > PEAK HP!!!!
So true and am glad to see someone focusing on this. Not sure why it took so long on this board, common knowledge most everywhere else.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Banned

Eurocharged CLS55 AMG
those comparing peak dyno numbers are so lost. Lets just say all dyno's are equal (I know they aren't). Why can a 500whp car beat a 600whp car? Assuming equal cars, traction etc etc. Because one car might make 600whp at redline and make very little power below that whereas the 500whp car makes it in the usable rpm range and holds it constant. AREA UNDER THE CURVE > PEAK HP!!!!
Lots of assumptions and bench racing in this comment. Who said anything about peak vs power under the curve? Who said anything about comparing dynos? The peak numbers are not relivant nor is it relivant what someone acorss the country made on a dyno. You're putting words in peoples mouths. Using your same fictional environment. If you took 1 car put it on 1 dyno added mods and dynoed the car again under the same conditions you would have measurable data regarding improvements from mods and where those improvements occurred.....would you not?
Old 10-28-2010, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
dang! that story was quite exciting! lol i want that tune!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:51 PM

Slow
Originally Posted by loungn14
You make a very good point here. If it were not for Jeremy, we wouldn't have pushed so hard to get to where we are now with the tuning. We have unlocked some new potential that we haven't seen any other tuner touch yet! (required a lot of german translation)
Do you have any updates/unlocks for the 63 series

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Outstanding customer service from Jerry "The Tuning Master" @ Eurocharged!