Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Done modding huh?
This is a cooling mod, it doesn't count....lol. I'll rephrase what I said and say I'm done with adding hp to my engine....
Old 11-09-2010, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cornfed gtr and m3
Originally Posted by bassn_07
This is a cooling mod, it doesn't count....lol. I'll rephrase what I said and say I'm done with adding hp to my engine....
LMAO.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 930chas
LMAO.
Hi, my name is Alan and I am a modaholic. I knew I had issues when I purchased a big diesel RV, flew 600 miles to get it, and drove it directly to a diesel performance shop..... This is my story, please help.....!!!!!!

Okay fellas, I spoke with Scott today and he's willing to move forward but wants everyone to understand we are still in the testing phase. Before he decided to install it on my car he made sure all the bugs were worked out on his. Please make sure and understand this before deciding to install this unit. We have fully disclosed exactly everything we've seen so far and the system does work!

Here are some numbers he gave me to post, pre and post KC. On a 60 degree day without the KC his IATs started at mid 80' and ended at 170. On a 85-95 degree day his IAT's started at 60 and ended at 135-140 with the KC, temps varied along with ambient.

I also did some further testing with the system this afternoon. On my drive home from work I decided not to use the KC and let my car heat soak a bit. The temps on my dash read 65 degrees with IAT's at 82 as I pulled into my garage. I left the car idling and turned the AC on to see how long it would take for my system to cool. It took around 8 minutes for my IAT's to get to ambient. Keep in mind at idle this will be the toughest conditions to cool your car.

There is a race valve that's available which will allow the AC to fully concentrate on cooling your IAT's. This means that you wouldn't get inside cabin cooling with the valve open/on. Once turn off/closed your system would return back to normal, both KC and inside cabin temps. This would obviously be used for race days and nothing more, well, that would be up to you.

Scott also believes this same race valve setup could work for the people out there that are very concerned with cabin temps during the hottest of days. If you reversed the valve it would either allow KC and inside cabin temps or just cabin cooling with no KC. The great thing about this unit is that it's very flexible and probably suitable for most people. IMO, if this system was available for my MB when I purchased my upgraded HE there would be no doubt on where my money would go. This method hasn't been proven out but logically speaking it should work, no reason not to.

This system so far has proven to be the real deal.

If anybody needs assistance on helping to get started with a kit please pm me your contact info.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Seems there must be a sweet spot for the size of reservoir to use... clearly a smaller reservoir than was optimal before should be expected...?
Old 11-11-2010, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by stevebez
Seems there must be a sweet spot for the size of reservoir to use... clearly a smaller reservoir than was optimal before should be expected...?
It's hard to come to any conclusions right now on ideal setups. I really think each person will have different demands on what they're trying to achieve. This system is flexible and will most like fit the varying needs of most people out there, form highly modded to stock.

My tech will need a list of people interested to start putting some kits together. Right now this has only been fitted to the E class and depending on configuration the install could vary.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
add me please to the list.

i want it for back to back WOTs.

mi car doesnt have distronc. all other options are there. i have the biggest H/E that can fits in the front. more than double the size of stock H/E.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Nice work Alan! I was just thinking about the KC yest and just happen to see your post now. Haha, Great stuff dude. Always taking it the next level!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:22 AM

06 E55, 03FORD P/S,01 E320-4M,99 ML320,O4 E55,05 RUBICON UNLIMITED,
SO BASSN AND I SPENT TODAY SETTING UP DIFFERENT CONFIGURATIONS OF THE KC SETUP.HAVING THE SPLIT RESERVOIR SETUP SURES MAKES A DIFFERENCE BUT THE BENEFITS ARE STILL THERE WITHOUT A SPLIT SYSTEM AS SHOWN BY MY CAR. MY CAR HAS NO SPLIT SYSTEM,UPGRADED H/E,STOCK IC PUMP,RUNNING A 180MM PULLEY AND KEEPING MY IAT'S TO 59 DEGREES ON A 90 DEGREE DAY WHILE CRUISING @ 65.I COMPARED MY LOGS W/ AND W/O KC ACTIVE AND FOUND I WOULD HIT TO ALMOST 180 DEGREES W/O @ 90 DEGREES AMBIENT.WHEREAS W/ THE KC I WOULD FINISH @ 138 DEGREES.TYPICALLY I WOULD SEE 25 DEGREES BELOW AMBIENT W/ KC WHERE W/O I WOULD SEE 20-25 OVER AMBIENT.W/ THE SPLIT SYSTEM AND INSULATION WE FOUND EVEN GREATER RESULTS,BASSN W/ CHIME IN ON THAT. BOTTOM LINE IS THIS KIT WORKS,WE'VE SPENT ALOT OF TIME ON THIS AND IT HAS A LITTLE MORE TESTING TO GO BUT OVERALL I'M VERY PLEASED W/ THE KC SETUP AND THE PERFORMANCE IT BRINGS. MORE TO COME AS WE CONTINUE TO FINALIZE MORE NUMBERS ON OUR QUEST TO TRY AND TAME IAT'S. THANKS BASSN FOR BEING MY OTHER TEST MULE
Old 11-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by MBTEK
SO BASSN AND I SPENT TODAY SETTING UP DIFFERENT CONFIGURATIONS OF THE KC SETUP.HAVING THE SPLIT RESERVOIR SETUP SURES MAKES A DIFFERENCE BUT THE BENEFITS ARE STILL THERE WITHOUT A SPLIT SYSTEM AS SHOWN BY MY CAR. MY CAR HAS NO SPLIT SYSTEM,UPGRADED H/E,STOCK IC PUMP,RUNNING A 180MM PULLEY AND KEEPING MY IAT'S TO 59 DEGREES ON A 90 DEGREE DAY WHILE CRUISING @ 65.I COMPARED MY LOGS W/ AND W/O KC ACTIVE AND FOUND I WOULD HIT TO ALMOST 180 DEGREES W/O @ 90 DEGREES AMBIENT.WHEREAS W/ THE KC I WOULD FINISH @ 138 DEGREES.TYPICALLY I WOULD SEE 25 DEGREES BELOW AMBIENT W/ KC WHERE W/O I WOULD SEE 20-25 OVER AMBIENT.W/ THE SPLIT SYSTEM AND INSULATION WE FOUND EVEN GREATER RESULTS,BASSN W/ CHIME IN ON THAT. BOTTOM LINE IS THIS KIT WORKS,WE'VE SPENT ALOT OF TIME ON THIS AND IT HAS A LITTLE MORE TESTING TO GO BUT OVERALL I'M VERY PLEASED W/ THE KC SETUP AND THE PERFORMANCE IT BRINGS. MORE TO COME AS WE CONTINUE TO FINALIZE MORE NUMBERS ON OUR QUEST TO TRY AND TAME IAT'S. THANKS BASSN FOR BEING MY OTHER TEST MULE
Sounds great! Thanks for all your hard work!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Ali_E55
add me please to the list.

i want it for back to back WOTs.

mi car doesnt have distronc. all other options are there. i have the biggest H/E that can fits in the front. more than double the size of stock H/E.
You're added, I'll be sending you a pm shortly.

Originally Posted by Max.H
Nice work Alan! I was just thinking about the KC yest and just happen to see your post now. Haha, Great stuff dude. Always taking it the next level!
WHAT UP MAX!!!! Long time bud. Hopefully things are going well with you and the beast .

I definitely can't take credit on this one, my tech is the one getting it done.... I'm just supplying the test vehicle, actually begged for the opportunity .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well guys, we did more testing today and I would like to share the results. We started the day by insulating all lines, water box, and anything else we felt was necessary. Next we (Scott) bypassed the HE to see if we would see better results than with. Once we completed both task we went for a test drive and here are the results.

When we first fired it up the IAT's were in the 70's, btw ambient was 72, and after about a few minuted it quickly dropped into the high 50's. Once on the road we immediately logged 45-47 degrees..... We decided next to make a quick blast on the freeway to see how it recovered with no HE, the IAT's went up to 60 ish and recovered to 54 degrees quick. We continued on the freeway for about another 5 miles and IAT's stayed at 55. Once we pulled off the freeway and back to stop and go traffic the IAT's dropped back to high 40's low 50's. On the final test we left the car idling with the hood closed, in the sun, and the air condition running....it stayed at 54 and didn't move over a 5-10 minute period. The results were staggering and we both felt extremely satisfied with the test.

We then went back to the HE setup and still logged very good results but the clear winner was still with no HE. We have spent a lot of time testing this unit and like MBtek said, we have a few more test to run but this is clearly a winner. I'm not sure if I mentioned this but this unit works better under warmer conditions. As temps start to rise the unit runs cooler due to the way our air condition setup works, I'll let MBtek chime in on this one. Either way it was proven today that this indeed the case.

Here are a couple of pictures that I today while testing out the unit with no HE. BTW...on my 2 hour drive home my IAT's were consistently between 47-52 degrees, can't hate on that.

Last edited by bassn_07; 11-12-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
72 degrees ambient and 46 degrees IAT!!!!! Something seems against the laws of physics with that one. Like I said, I am sold.

Any thoughts as to if there are differences for a CLS? I have found that almost everything is similar mechanically to an E55, but never really looked at the AC systems.

Great work again guys!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Unbelievable work, guys!

Thanks for being the test mule, Alan. This will change the game for us, without a doubt.

Next year's race season should be very interesting.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Hey Alan, please put me on the list too.

MBTEK, this is a little ahead of myself. But have you ever thought of upgrade the AC compressor to something like a S class unit? I'm not sure if it's even work. Just a thought.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:18 PM

06 E55, 03FORD P/S,01 E320-4M,99 ML320,O4 E55,05 RUBICON UNLIMITED,
the compressor would bolt up but the line configuration would be different since it's a different chassis.I would have to eyeball the compressor,it has a different part # between an s55 and a e55 but the only difference may be hose location.I suspect the cost and trial of getting the hoses to mate would outweigh the benefits even if the compressor had a little more volumne. but you never know
Old 11-12-2010, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by KLR CLS
72 degrees ambient and 46 degrees IAT!!!!! Something seems against the laws of physics with that one. Like I said, I am sold.

Any thoughts as to if there are differences for a CLS? I have found that almost everything is similar mechanically to an E55, but never really looked at the AC systems.

Great work again guys!
Mbtek will be looking into this soon to see the difference between the 2 cars. Either way the kit I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem.

I was very shocked with the initial testing and trust me I don't get excited easily. On average the IAT's stayed at 50-52 but very consistent. We measured water temps in the cooler at idle in the mid 40's with IAT's at 55. For *****s and giggle we measured my Mezeire pump, the inlet and outlet housing, and that was at 48 degrees..... Keep in mind this was at idle and where the system will run the warmest.

This is definitely a solid mod for our cars and quite possibly replacing the need for an upgraded HE. The best thing about the KC is that everyone will benefit from this mod.

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Unbelievable work, guys!

Thanks for being the test mule, Alan. This will change the game for us, without a doubt.

Next year's race season should be very interesting.
Thanks Clayton, Scott has spent a lot of time with R&D on this one and I hope most will appreciate his efforts. We are finally getting to the point of controlling heat soak and actually eliminating it fully with meth. Think about this, on my 10.77 pass my beginning IAT's were in the low 40's with ice. My temps are almost at ice temps daily driving.....

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
Hey Alan, please put me on the list too.

MBTEK, this is a little ahead of myself. But have you ever thought of upgrade the AC compressor to something like a S class unit? I'm not sure if it's even work. Just a thought.
Mbtek is exploring other options to avoid the added cost of upgraded compressors. There is a lot that still can be done to help satisfy most users. Hopefully we'll have more solid info on Monday....

This is the next big mod for our cars and will soon be the standard to help reduce heat soak.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo VIII/E55 AMG
Does anyone have any info on where one of these systems can be bought??
Old 11-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
This is the best cooling mod

Old 11-12-2010, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo VIII/E55 AMG
LOL
Old 11-12-2010, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cornfed gtr and m3

Hilarious!!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG

...is that your next mod? Low 10's, possibly high 9's with a nice fat shot!!!! That would be sick!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Alan and mbtek you guys have truly outdone yourselves...nice work! Clayton we'll have to see how to encorporate this on our SLs...maybe a nice project for 2011, whaddya say?

Alan please let me know about the plans for this system on SL55, I'm interested and will have the split system with trunk reservoir like yourself...

thanks bro
Old 11-12-2010, 06:05 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
awesome work guys, looking forward to get one for the Texas mile in march when they are available! That should be a great test!
Old 11-13-2010, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
Any Idea where I can get a huge A/C compressor?? Bigger means better cooling and less effect on the cabin temps, right??
Old 11-13-2010, 04:57 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by E55Bullet
Any Idea where I can get a huge A/C compressor?? Bigger means better cooling and less effect on the cabin temps, right??
The minimal gains from a bigger compressor would probably be negated by the loss of horsepower to spin it
Old 11-14-2010, 11:10 PM

E55 AMG
This is giving me a warm fuzzy feeling all over, and a killer chill at the same time.....what will the next
Big mod after this setup is fully established? Warp drive? A perpetual motion supercharger? A never ending nitrous generator on the trunk LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Killer Chiller installed and....