Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think I totalled my 2005 E55 today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Brothah, My E55 hit a curb and flipped on its roof thwn slid down the sidewalk...my friend bought it at an insurance auction...15k later(he did all the work) the car is in my garage and still dominating the roads in Hawaii...never say never...she can rise again from a "total" if you wanna put in the work
Old 01-16-2011, 01:16 AM

2003 E55 AMG
I didnt flip it...a doctor did with 1100 miles on it...my buddy fixed it...drove it for a while and sold it to me...
Old 01-16-2011, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 138 Likes on 51 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by pimpjuice
I didnt flip it...a doctor did with 1100 miles on it...my buddy fixed it...drove it for a while and sold it to me...
WOW!! Did the car have the Panoramic Roof?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 crossfire w/SL55 drivetrain installed by Rudy Compart Intake/Needswings best et-10.76 @ 129
I don't know if your state has it but Florida has a (can't think of the name ) but here is how it works,, if you have an accident and it is not your fault,, then you are intitled to the valve of the car after it is fixed example say your car is blue book at $40,000.00 . you get hit, not your fault you get you car fixed ,,,good as new as your body shop said) now go to trade it and they say you have been in a accident you car in now worth $29,000.00 the insureance owes you $11,000.00 that is the law in florida,, yes you still have to fight for it and the ins co will say there is no such law but ,my friend had an accendent in july of 2010, last week Jan. 10 2011 he settled with state farm for $10,000.00 he was supose to get $14,000.00 butwhen they offered him the 10,000 he took it .he has a 2010 bmw was rear ended at a red light, repair bill on his car he said was $ 21,856.00 good luck. jim
Old 01-16-2011, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 138 Likes on 51 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by amx1397
I don't know if your state has it but Florida has a (can't think of the name ) but here is how it works,, if you have an accident and it is not your fault,, then you are intitled to the valve of the car after it is fixed example say your car is blue book at $40,000.00 . you get hit, not your fault you get you car fixed ,,,good as new as your body shop said) now go to trade it and they say you have been in a accident you car in now worth $29,000.00 the insureance owes you $11,000.00 that is the law in florida,, yes you still have to fight for it and the ins co will say there is no such law but ,my friend had an accendent in july of 2010, last week Jan. 10 2011 he settled with state farm for $10,000.00 he was supose to get $14,000.00 butwhen they offered him the 10,000 he took it .he has a 2010 bmw was rear ended at a red light, repair bill on his car he said was $ 21,856.00 good luck. jim
I am fairly certain it is called 'diminished value' or 'diminution in value' depending on your insurance company and their contractual language. It is an uphill battle with most insurance companies though, and 45 out of the 50 states have language in their insurance laws that states that your insurance company does not have to pay it. I have seen it work for people eventually, but you just have to be willing to wait our their stonewalling tactics, and in many cases, hope for their goodwill. The important factor seems to be if the accident was your fault. If you wrecked your own car, you are probably out of luck in getting that money back in 99% of the cases. On the flip side, if someone else hit you or caused the accident, you may be able to recover based on the liability part of the coverage. Either way, you had better get ready for a battle. I hope this helps.

Last edited by Meeyatch1; 01-16-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:40 PM

E55 AMG
Quick reply to the op, I wrecked my E39 M5 (perpetually bald rears + newly laid tar oozing asphalt + flash torrential downpour + tree in the median) and it was totaled. Geico offered me 17k. I said too low. They said they don't go by blue book rather the fair market value meaning they literally look at the cars in your area on auto trader.com, cars.com, craigslist.com etc. And when I realized that there were not any comparable examples in my area at the time I told them so and they agreed to expand the boundaries of the search. My car was modded as hell too but geico puts a $1k cap on mods that were not listed on the policy (which can as much as double your rates depending what u have) so I decided to do what I thought was the next logical step when they re-offered me $18.9, I creatively created a few local ads myself (in Mexico ) and magically raised the value of my car in Mexico. End result? $29.5 + sales tax value in my pocket. Don't get farked. Not recommending u copy what I did, rather if some forum members were to put up "feelers" up for their E55's asking their dream price, sentimental value included, this could have an impact on what you have to work with in the end. What say fellas, pretend sell your car for a week and pay it forward to a member. Hmm this could be what we do whenever we lose a beast around here....
Old 01-16-2011, 01:33 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
WOW!! Did the car have the Panoramic Roof?

It wasn't, but now it has a black roof I have a picture of the before..Ill scan it in and post it up in a new thread when I have a lil time.....totaled at insurane actuion, 2003 E55 with 1120 miles....sold for 26k 4 yrs ago.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTS-V 2013 Wagon
Originally Posted by redlineAMG
Quick reply to the op, I wrecked my E39 M5 (perpetually bald rears + newly laid tar oozing asphalt + flash torrential downpour + tree in the median) and it was totaled. Geico offered me 17k. I said too low. They said they don't go by blue book rather the fair market value meaning they literally look at the cars in your area on auto trader.com, cars.com, craigslist.com etc. And when I realized that there were not any comparable examples in my area at the time I told them so and they agreed to expand the boundaries of the search. My car was modded as hell too but geico puts a $1k cap on mods that were not listed on the policy (which can as much as double your rates depending what u have) so I decided to do what I thought was the next logical step when they re-offered me $18.9, I creatively created a few local ads myself (in Mexico ) and magically raised the value of my car in Mexico. End result? $29.5 + sales tax value in my pocket. Don't get farked. Not recommending u copy what I did, rather if some forum members were to put up "feelers" up for their E55's asking their dream price, sentimental value included, this could have an impact on what you have to work with in the end. What say fellas, pretend sell your car for a week and pay it forward to a member. Hmm this could be what we do whenever we lose a beast around here....
My guess is the O.P. would not want anything to do with defrauding the insurance company. Furthermore most of the people on this forum wouldn't be interested either. I actually find it hard to believe you would admit to doing this.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
My man!

Old 01-16-2011, 10:18 PM

E55 AMG
F T W
Old 01-16-2011, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by Hotrod-Realtor
My guess is the O.P. would not want anything to do with defrauding the insurance company. Furthermore most of the people on this forum wouldn't be interested either. I actually find it hard to believe you would admit to doing this.
+1 Pathetic
Old 01-17-2011, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 then E63, now back to an E55
I like your thinking redlineAMG
Old 01-17-2011, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jpohl402
I like your thinking redlineAMG
LOL, of course you do.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:04 PM

CL65
I still have not heard back from any insurance adjuster. The body shop that has my car wants me to sign a Repair Authorization. He says it is just for removing panels and the insurance company will allow 4 hours labor for this.

I have the initial estimate from the body shop and they are using a bunch of non factory replacement parts on the estimate(estimate is roughly $22K). He told me Met Life will only allow for these cheaper parts and won't authorize the Mercedes parts. I don't think I will sign anything until I talk to the insurance agent and I will probably just let them total it.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^^^
not sure if I would sign, I would have to see the fine print first....
I sure as hell wouldn't want any non-OEM parts on my car - that was damaged through no fault of my own !!
oh, and tell metlife to go fukk themselves, & have your attorney on retainer write them a letter (if you have one.)
Old 01-18-2011, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
My MAN!! I like the way you think!!

Fraud-Shmaud
Old 01-18-2011, 07:41 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Hotrod-Realtor
I see nothing wrong with sticking it to a bunch of crooks. All we do is pay premiums every single month and then something happens where a claim is filed and the insurance scumbags make you jump through hoops and lowball you AND raise your rates. How does that make sense ? I say screw the insurance company for every red cent you possible can - casue guess why ?? THEY WOULD DO IT TO YOU IN A HEARTBEAT.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:47 PM

05 E55, 08 S63, 09 GL450
A lot has been said already...I just give thanks on your behalf and that of the elder statesman driver. Driving is a privilege, and one that everyone on this forum will only grudgingly give up judging by our passion for our cars; why should we expect less from others? Your approach is commendable.

BTW, I am looking to replace my trunk closer mechanism, should it become available.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by waxking1
I still have not heard back from any insurance adjuster. The body shop that has my car wants me to sign a Repair Authorization. He says it is just for removing panels and the insurance company will allow 4 hours labor for this.

I have the initial estimate from the body shop and they are using a bunch of non factory replacement parts on the estimate(estimate is roughly $22K). He told me Met Life will only allow for these cheaper parts and won't authorize the Mercedes parts. I don't think I will sign anything until I talk to the insurance agent and I will probably just let them total it.
If you cant reach an agreement with Metlife, im sure many people have lists of parts they need for a 211. so if you decide to part it out, im interested in a few parts myself. -John
Old 01-19-2011, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
I see nothing wrong with sticking it to a bunch of crooks. All we do is pay premiums every single month and then something happens where a claim is filed and the insurance scumbags make you jump through hoops and lowball you AND raise your rates. How does that make sense ? I say screw the insurance company for every red cent you possible can - casue guess why ?? THEY WOULD DO IT TO YOU IN A HEARTBEAT.
that's exactly right....
Old 01-19-2011, 03:38 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by LZH
Sad but true.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:13 AM

2005 E55
Thats bull... they should be using OE Benz parts....

Please keep me posted...
Old 01-19-2011, 10:51 AM

Merc E55 AMG, BMW 328i
Originally Posted by waxking1
Call me crazy is that a blanket/cloth that is attached to the drivers side front a rear windows on the other car?

No wonder he couldn't see anything - would seem very dangerous irrespective of age.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Borknagar
Call me crazy is that a blanket/cloth that is attached to the drivers side front a rear windows on the other car?

No wonder he couldn't see anything - would seem very dangerous irrespective of age.

LOL....its call a curtain airbag genius!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:09 AM

Merc E55 AMG, BMW 328i
Originally Posted by emoving
LOL....its call a curtain airbag genius!
AHHH yes! airbags, never seen them deployed... knock on wood.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Think I totalled my 2005 E55 today