SGC you said your Meth was removed after 10.9x run

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by FinanceMike
I didn't say he had weight reduction. Besides radials on occasion his car is daily driven in race trim; that's what I meant. We can mince words all we want. You know what I meant (car is full weight besides DRs) and if not, it's been corrected for easier reading comprehension. I wouldn't want anyone to try and read between the lines and misinterpret something I said.
Hmmm just who are you again? Ahemm SGC's latest alias? Or stalker? You know ALL this personal info about SGC, down to the exact Radial tires he runs, how he occasionally drives his car in Race Trim? WTF? How you watch him on a daily basis
& how YOU whoever YOU are don't want us to misinterpret personal info you're telling us about SGC??

You just joined the boards & half of your 14 total posts are about SGC's personal life, routines, schedule, records broken, & latest activity lol...
well. In the meantime he’s off setting another record.*
Then telling us when he sold his CL exactly..
:Originally Posted by*FinanceMike* since his CL was sold last year.
& the topper! Gushing on like a school girl over his physique/being built like a tank?
"and he is built like a tank as well"
FinanceMike: didn't say he had weight reduction. Besides radials on occasion his car is daily driven in race trim; that's what I meant. We can mince words all we want. You know what I meant (car is full weight besides DRs) and if not, it's been corrected for easier reading comprehension. I wouldn't want anyone to try and read between the lines and misinterpret something I said.
& you have the exact same writing style, & lame attempts @ humor.. & if you're NOT SGC writing under an alias?? You sir need to get a life, you sound like you're stalking & enamoured w/the dude

Quote:Originally Posted by*FinanceMike*I agree with this post. SCG has set records in half a dozen other cars since his CL was sold last year. Some of us see his cars on a daily basis. Race trim is basically daily driving trim for his cars and he is built like a tank as well so any weight reduction can be thrown out the window due to the driver.*Keep scrutinizing over a youtube video with hopes of finding that hose. If you look hard enough it might actually appear; maybe you’ll also find Jesus’ face in the burn marks on your toast tomorrow morning as well. In the meantime he’s off setting another record.*It is what it is. SCG’s cars are ungodly fast.

Last edited by Thericker; 03-07-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by SGC
Nice to see the three stooges are back together (Ricker. MarkoCL65, Blackbenz).

I am sure there might be a 4th stooge somewhere.

In any event Ricker, you would like it if I got banned so you and your stooge buddies can live in your safe world of "below average".

I believe Internet Brands realizes that they have a few thousand members who may want to receive some news about how cars are performing, and that a few idiots may get jealous when such news is relayed.

Also, do you realize that your comments about the CL65 I sold being old and worthless, means Marko, who still has his car, has an old and worthless CL65. Nice dig on Marko - as my car is gone.

Ricker, do you want me to post your recent PM where you begged me for information about my carbon driveshaft.

If I am banned, where are you going to get your information.

And finally, you also had an open invite to inspect my car when I had it, and you didn't take it, nor did MarkoCL65 (who was in Miami), nor did Blackbenz. None of you wanted to see my car because you didn't want to know the truth.

Take your car to the track, and I will applaud your efforts.
Please post the PM, I have it too. I merely inquired how much the CF driveshaft cost, & where it was made etc.. You have a very short memory, we already covered this in the other thread you also got Locked..

PS My comments on your past CL had NOTHING to do w/ANYONE elses CL65, your 65 in particular was the Beta tester put thru the wringer, w/Nitrous, & YOU even openly admitted that YOU NEARLY BURNED IT TO THE GROUND due to running Meth w/krappy cheap install work, you prolly had 100k miles ran on the Dyno alone... You need to hear this, as ALL you ever do is rip on Ahmad, Marko, & other peoples cars being hoopty this, stripped junker, cheap that etc, & what do you OWN that is so fantastic?

An @ best $45k 05' High mileage SL65? ALL the other autos you brag on about AREN'T OWNED BY YOU, hell I bet your SL & past CL were rentals yeah Leased You are just a long winded blowhard Ambulance chaser

Lastly... No I don't wish you banned in the least, I do enjoy hearing people push the envelope in the 1320' just be open w/EXACT modifications it took to get these ET's & Trap speeds...
& STOP losing ALL composure when confronted, the rest of us aren't loosing it like you have here & previous now locked threads..

Admitedly: I was shocked Vic, didn't flush you after you cursed him & falsely accused him etc

Last edited by Thericker; 03-07-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whatever happened to the brotherly bond of being Benz brothers?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by thepinoc
Whatever happened to the brotherly bond of being Benz brothers?

This is not directed at any one. I just thought it was funny.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS55
Originally Posted by Thericker
Hmmm just who are you again? Ahemm SGC's latest alias? Or stalker? You know ALL this personal info about SGC, down to the exact Radial tires he runs, how he occasionally drives his car in Race Trim? WTF? How you watch him on a daily basis
& how YOU whoever YOU are don't want us to misinterpret personal info you're telling us about SGC??

You just joined the boards & half of your 14 total posts are about SGC's personal life, routines, schedule, records broken, & latest activity lol...

Then telling us when he sold his CL exactly..

& the topper! Gushing on like a school girl over his physique/being built like a tank?

& you have the exact same writing style, & lame attempts @ humor.. & if you're NOT SGC writing under an alias?? You sir need to get a life, you sound like you're stalking & enamoured w/the dude

Wow. You my friend are a class act.

If you actually happened to look at any of my 15 posts, you could see that I am going with a EC pulley/tune and custom exhaust work. Not exactly his choice in tuners. Guess the alias idea can be thrown out the window.

I'll kindly remove myself from this thread so your child-like banter can continue. Hope I didn't steal any of your thunder.

Please continue.

Last edited by FinanceMike; 03-07-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
People should just go run their own car and share what they please. No one has to share the mods they have done to get there. That is a privilege. People always want the easy route by copying others. Whoever holds the record, holds the record. All this fastest times "no nitrous, factory turbo,etc" is just a way to claim a top spot that is not the top spot? None of you are racing in classes that limit any of the above are you?

Finally, why should someone now go buy another car to give another a chance to race it when they passed that up more than a year ago?

As stated before, just got run a time and be happy when you are king.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
"SGC" Spy-Cam-Live-Feed Directly from the "Hornets Nest" Courtesy of "FinanceMike"

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4*(1 members and 3 guests) *SGC*

Last edited by Thericker; 03-07-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker
Please post the PM, I have it too. I merely inquired how much the CF driveshaft cost, & where it was made etc.. You have a very short memory, we already covered this in the other thread you also got Locked..

PS My comments on your past CL had NOTHING to do w/ANYONE elses CL65, your 65 in particular was the Beta tester put thru the wringer, w/Nitrous, & YOU even openly admitted that YOU NEARLY BURNED IT TO THE GROUND due to running Meth w/krappy cheap install work, you prolly had 100k miles ran on the Dyno alone... You need to hear this, as ALL you ever do is rip on Ahmad, Marko, & other peoples cars being hoopty this, stripped junker, cheap that etc, & what do you OWN that is so fantastic?

An @ best $45k 05' High mileage SL65? ALL the other autos you brag on about AREN'T OWNED BY YOU, hell I bet your SL & past CL were rentals yeah Leased You are just a long winded blowhard Ambulance chaser

Lastly... No I don't wish you banned in the least, I do enjoy hearing people push the envelope in the 1320' just be open w/EXACT modifications it took to get these ET's & Trap speeds...
& STOP losing ALL composure when confronted, the rest of us aren't loosing it like you have here & previous now locked threads..

Admitedly: I was shocked Vic, didn't flush you after you cursed him & falsely accused him etc
WINNING Homey

I see both sides of this argument, running a 10.27 is BADASS, even if it is on the squeeze.

On the other hand though, not admitting you are on the bottle, is a LAME *** attempt, because a liar is a liar. IMO, all credibility gets thrown out the window, no matter what time you ET'd.

I have not watched any of the videos, or seen his cars setup, but I don't care for liars, and karma is a ***** for those that chose to live that lifestyle
Old 03-08-2012, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
WINNING Homey

I see both sides of this argument, running a 10.27 is BADASS, even if it is on the squeeze.

On the other hand though, not admitting you are on the bottle, is a LAME *** attempt, because a liar is a liar. IMO, all credibility gets thrown out the window, no matter what time you ET'd.

I have not watched any of the videos, or seen his cars setup, but I don't care for liars, and karma is a ***** for those that chose to live that lifestyle
+1. My thoughts exactly
Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 AM
SGC

2006 CL65
Out of the thousands of members on this forum, there are a few morons. This is to enlighten the morons.

Informed people, already know the following:

We all know that Stephen Seldon took a tuned S600 and bolted on a nitrous kit and went 10.5 @ 132 mph. No trans work, no hi flow cats, no ram air, no Renntech extensive R and D, no carbon ceramic brakes, no carbon drive shaft, no light-weight wheels, etc, etc, etc.... I believe his best run w/o nitrous was 11.25 @ 123 mph because he had a Renntech tune. He picked up nearly .8 tenths and 9 mph with nitrous.

Those that are informed also know that CL65s with a minor mods will run 10.60 - 10.70 @ 130 - 134 mph. Marko and I did so two years ago. In fact, I think Marko went 10.70 @ 134.30 in April of 2010. I went 10.62 @ 133.7 in February of 2010. (As a side note - I recently went 10.80s @ nearly 130 with a tune and airbox only on my SL65. No ceramic brakes, no carbon fiber drive shaft, stock heat exchangers, etc.)

A year later, in April of 2011, we added carbon ceramic brakes, carbon driveshaft, transmission mods to my 10.60 CL65, and used a Hoosier drag radial instead of a Mickey Thompson. The result.....my car ran .35 quicker (10.62 - .35 = 10.27) on a better 60 foot (1.62 to 1.68) and 3.7 mph faster (133.7 + 3.7 mph = 137.4 mph) and morons on this board think it took nitrous to do that. I guess that ceramic rotors, carbon shaft, and transmission mods don't shave any time off the quarter mile in a moron's mind.

Any schmuck would realize that if anyone took a 10.6 CL65, lightened up the rotating mass (carbon ceramic rotors, carbon drive shaft), improved the trans and bolted on a nitrous kit, it would pick up more than 3 tenths and 3 mph.

Also, my mods have always been in the open. See below.

http://www.roadtesttv.com/world-reco...z-road-test-tv

Hell, Ready2Roll swears that skinnies up front helps .2 and 2 mph. What do you think carbon rotors and carbon drive shaft are worth?

Bolt a nitrous kit on a properly tuned cl65 or sl65 with drag radials and an airbox (10.6-8 car @ around 130 mph w/o nitrous) and you should run high 9s at 140 mph with nitrous. If you don't, then there is something wrong with your system.

This thread is sad as there are a select few haters that have lemmings following them over the cliff.

My CL65 was always available for inspection and not one big mouth on this board had the nuts to show up. If you think it takes nitrous to pick up .35 of a second and 3.7 mph on a car that was also made lighter, then you're entitled to be an idiot.

Last edited by SGC; 03-08-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:34 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
WINNING Homey

I think you hit the nail on the head as far as how we feel as a community. To take it one step further, Steve has a financial stake in Renntech, which he won't disclose to anyone. I think deliberately misinforming people for profit is the main issue I have. I think they call that fraud.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:41 AM
SGC

2006 CL65
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
I think you hit the nail on the head as far as how we feel as a community. To take it one step further, Steve has a financial stake in Renntech, which he won't disclose to anyone. I think deliberately misinforming people for profit is the main issue I have. I think they call that fraud.

Nice! I feel the same way about helping each other out. It makes it more fun for everyone. I like the concept of pushing the envelope especially.

When I contacted Renntech many times, before I went with VRP, they weren't open to the idea of pushing the envelope. Maybe it just depends on who you talk to. I was serious, called many times, and was pretty much told "Any more power and it is not safe" or "Why would you need any more than 685HP?".....I made my mind up very quickly after that conversation. I would be willing to hop on board and join Renntech if I knew I could continue to push the envelope and run aggressive tunes like the one in your car. I own the rights to the intercoolers as it is my design. I have also made arrangements with a foundry to make cast end tanks. This will give the intercoolers a more factory look. I wouldn't be opposed to going into a joint venture with Renntech and being the supplier to them of this product exclusively. Anyway, that's just me thinking out loud. Let me know your thoughts.

Marko you get the prize as the first moron to reveal yourself.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:43 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by SGC
This is to enlighten the morons on this board:

We all know that Stephen Seldon took a tuned S600 and bolted on a nitrous kit and went 10.5 @ 132 mph. No trans work, no hi flow cats, no ram air, no Renntech extensive R and D, no carbon ceramic brakes, no light weight wheels, etc, etc, etc.... I believe his best run before was 11.25 @ 123 mph. Picked up nearly .8 tenths and 9 mph.

Those that are informed know that CL65s with a minor mods will run 10.60 - 10.70 @ 130 - 134 mph. Marko and I did so two years ago. In fact, I think Marko went 10.70 @ 134.30 in April of 2010. I went 10.62 @ 133.7 in February of 2010. (As a side note - I recently went 10.80s @ nearly 130 with a tune and airbox only on my SL65. No ceramic brakes, no carbon fiber drive shaft, stock heat exchangers, etc.)

A year later, in April of 2011, we added carbon ceramic brakes, carbon driveshaft, transmission mods to my 10.60 CL65, and used a Hoosier drag radial instead of a Mickey Thompson. The result.....my car ran .35 quicker (10.62 - .35 = 10.27) on a better 60 foot (1.62 to 1.68) and 3.7 mph faster (133.7 + 3.7 mph = 137.4 mph) and morons on this board think it took nitrous to do that. I guess that ceramic rotors, carbon shaft, and transmission mods don't amount for anything.

Any schmuck would realize that if anyone took a 10.6 CL65, lightened up the rotating mass (carbon ceramic rotors, carbon drive shaft), improved the trans and bolted on a nitrous kit, it would pick up more than 3 tenths and 3 mph.

Hell, Ready2Roll swears that skinnies up front helps .2 and 2 mph. What do you think carbon rotors and carbon drive shaft are worth?

Bolt a nitrous kit on a properly tuned cl65 or sl65 with drag radials and an airbox (10.6-8 car @ around 130 mph w/o nitrous) and you should run high 9s at 140 mph with nitrous. If you don't, then there is something wrong with your system.

This thread is sad as there are a select few haters that have lemmings following them over the cliff.

My CL65 was always available for inspection and not one big mouth on this board had the nuts to show up. If you think it takes nitrous to pick up .35 of a second and 3.7 mph on a car that was also made lighter, then you're entitled to be an idiot.
You know Steve, I do kinda like you and I understand why you do what you do. Sales are down at Renntech and setting a record, however it is achieved, is good for business. The fact in this case is that much more has been done to the car than you ever posted or acknowledged. Another fact is that another 65 cannot run what your car ran with the mods you listed. This will be my last post on this subject as my goal was to inform people about the business practices of Renntech and that they shouldn't expect to run anywhere near what your "slightly" modded car ran. Renntech tunes are good tunes, which make good power, no doubt. But there are many other tuners that offer the same tune (identical) for much less money and no deceptive marketing. On that note, good luck with all your future endeavors and I truly hope you set more records as I do enjoy and respect people that push the limits the way you did. Just don't expect anyone to believe how you went about it.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 AM
SGC

2006 CL65
Ok Marko, I'll go one step further.

I will bet you, Marko, $50,000.00 that I have no financial interest in Renntech.

We can deposit my 50k and your 50k in an escrow account. If I am wrong, you take my 50k. If you are wrong, I take your 50k.

I am ready to wire the money today. If you are, let me know and I will make all the arrangements.

Where are you now?

Last edited by SGC; 03-08-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:50 AM
SGC

2006 CL65
BTW, I like you as well .
Old 03-08-2012, 11:36 AM

CL65
Originally Posted by SGC
Ok Marko, I'll go one step further.

I will bet you, Marko, $50,000.00 that I have no financial interest in Renntech.

We can deposit my 50k and your 50k in an escrow account. If I am wrong, you take my 50k. If you are wrong, I take your 50k.

I am ready to wire the money today. If you are, let me know and I will make all the arrangements.

Where are you now?
You're an attorney. LLC's and shell corps galore. C'mon man, you know how to do it the right way, hell even I know how to set up such a structure. The majority of my assets are not in my name.

Last edited by MarkoCL65; 03-08-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Damn..I have missed a lot! I need to stop working so much.

They call me Mr. WoodCock... Just needed to say that...

Seriosuly guys, If we put you two guys together (SGC & Marko) we will get this platform in the 8's.

SGC- something about this song reminds me of you..like JayZ said, "I sell Ice in the winter, I'll sell fire in hell, I am a hustler baby, I'll sell water to a whale". No need to explain where the ET's, traps blah blah blah...I know what to believe, Marko knows what to believe, and everyone else knows what to believe.. We respect your accomplishments in this platform, and hope you continue pushing the bar, can't wait to see what the SL does. I know she will go farther than the CL.

Marko- I have followed you since day 1 (along with Jayson (CL600) in this particular platform and have admired all the accomplishments you have made as well. Something tells me your CL will hit 9's any day now. Let's get this thing on the track and keep focus. Speedriven is setting a new limit in this platform and can't wait to see it.

Someday we will all be in one track...Blackbenz, TheRicker, Marko, SGC and we will all share a nice cold beer.

Gentlemen let's move on and set new records! Peace.

Back to work now....
Old 03-08-2012, 12:42 PM

SL65
Threads like these are the reason I only use Renntech parts on my SL65. I have not found on the net or any forums other companys that spends more time on research and development. Pprototyping hundreds of parts. They also spend hundreds and hundreds of hours Dyno testing. EVERY ONE KNOWS THIS!! This type of R&D is very expensive and time consuming. I personally like a company that does there own in house development and testing. I love my SL65 and it deserves the best parts. Although I do not race my daily driver at the track I do race a Chevy. I have spoke to Steve countless times at the track and I remember him telling me his experience with meth " not installed by Renntech " and how it caught fire… he was done with that! Steve is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I personally have seen a lot of his cars at the track. I have seen them at the track with the doors, trunk and hood open many times with crowds around them. He was one of the reasons why I bought my SL.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by SGC
Out of the thousands of members on this forum, you there are a few morons. This is to enlighten the morons.

Informed people, already know the following:

We all know that Stephen Seldon took a tuned S600 and bolted on a nitrous kit and went 10.5 @ 132 mph. No trans work, no hi flow cats, no ram air, no Renntech extensive R and D, no carbon ceramic brakes, no carbon drive shaft, no light-weight wheels, etc, etc, etc.... I believe his best run w/o nitrous was 11.25 @ 123 mph because he had a Renntech tune. He picked up nearly .8 tenths and 9 mph with nitrous.

Those that are informed also know that CL65s with a minor mods will run 10.60 - 10.70 @ 130 - 134 mph. Marko and I did so two years ago. In fact, I think Marko went 10.70 @ 134.30 in April of 2010. I went 10.62 @ 133.7 in February of 2010. (As a side note - I recently went 10.80s @ nearly 130 with a tune and airbox only on my SL65. No ceramic brakes, no carbon fiber drive shaft, stock heat exchangers, etc.)

A year later, in April of 2011, we added carbon ceramic brakes, carbon driveshaft, transmission mods to my 10.60 CL65, and used a Hoosier drag radial instead of a Mickey Thompson. The result.....my car ran .35 quicker (10.62 - .35 = 10.27) on a better 60 foot (1.62 to 1.68) and 3.7 mph faster (133.7 + 3.7 mph = 137.4 mph) and morons on this board think it took nitrous to do that. I guess that ceramic rotors, carbon shaft, and transmission mods don't shave any time off the quarter mile in a moron's mind.

Steve:

I have pretty much stayed out of this argument. I respect the people involved in this melee and am really disappointed that this has devolved into some nasty name calling (and believe me, I am no angel in that regard). However, I would appreciate it if you could clarify the evolution of your CL65(s).

Exhibit A:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-15116.html

Your first CL65 made 605rwhp and 725rwtq and ran an 11.18 @ 125mph (according to the dragtimes DA calculator the DA was around 600'). The mods listed and discusses at the time was a RENNtech tune, RENNtech airboxes, and 265 drag radials.

Exhibit B:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-17713.html

With a little better DA (dragtimes calculated it at 300'), you were able to run a 10.98 @ 127mph running essentially the same mods as your first car.

Exhibit C:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-20343.html

With the same mods as before plus a tiny bit better DA (around 100'), a RENNtech intercooler pump and a TCU tune, you were able to whittle it down to 10.93 @ 128mph.

So what were the mods that helped you make the jump from a 10.93 @ 128mph to the 10.62 @ 133.7mph. What was the dyno of that car with those mods? I presume there was some exhaust mods...but what else was added to pick up nearly 6mph?

Tom
Old 03-08-2012, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Steve:

I have pretty much stayed out of this argument. I respect the people involved in this melee and am really disappointed that this has devolved into some nasty name calling (and believe me, I am no angel in that regard). However, I would appreciate it if you could clarify the evolution of your CL65(s).

Exhibit A:

Your first CL65 made 605rwhp and 725rwtq and ran an 11.18 @ 125mph (according to the dragtimes DA calculator the DA was around 600'). The mods listed and discusses at the time was a RENNtech tune, RENNtech airboxes, and 265 drag radials.

Exhibit B:

With a little better DA (dragtimes calculated it at 300'), you were able to run a 10.98 @ 127mph running essentially the same mods as your first car.

Exhibit C:

With the same mods as before plus a tiny bit better DA (around 100'), a RENNtech intercooler pump and a TCU tune, you were able to whittle it down to 10.93 @ 128mph.

So what were the mods that helped you make the jump from a 10.93 @ 128mph to the 10.62 @ 133.7mph. What was the dyno of that car with those mods? I presume there was some exhaust mods...but what else was added to pick up nearly 6mph?

Tom
from his sig
The latest modifications include a more aggressive race only tune, carbon ceramic brakes, modified transmission and a prototype torque converter

that with shorter tires in the rear could pick up 3-5mph It also mentions race only tune so renntech put an agressive tune on it just for this pass.

high oct race gas and an agressive tune with shorter tires could net you 3-5mph in the 1/4
Old 03-08-2012, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by skratch77
from his sig
The latest modifications include a more aggressive race only tune, carbon ceramic brakes, modified transmission and a prototype torque converter

that with shorter tires in the rear could pick up 3-5mph It also mentions race only tune so renntech put an agressive tune on it just for this pass.

high oct race gas and an agressive tune with shorter tires could net you 3-5mph in the 1/4
I am talking about how he went from a 10.9X down to a 10.62. From what SGC wrote above, the different drag radials, carbon ceramic brakes and modified transmission seem to have been done to go from 10.62 down to 10.27...

Tom
Old 03-08-2012, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
I am talking about how he went from a 10.9X down to a 10.62. From what SGC wrote above, the different drag radials, carbon ceramic brakes and modified transmission seem to have been done to go from 10.62 down to 10.27...

Tom
I was never close to running in the 10's, but I went from 12.0's at 116 to routine 11.8's at 118 without touching my car. It just broke in and started to go faster and shift more firmly as I kept racing it. I am sure that I had better/worse air and prep from outing to outing, but there was nothing done to my car to lighten or increase power.

And I am talking about after I wore out my rear Conti's and went with PS2's.

Now I recognize 3/10's at that speed is not easy to find, but who knows.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:55 PM
SGC

2006 CL65
Steve:

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

Tom

Tom,

More dyno time resulting in more aggressive tune, larger heat exchanger, ram air, high flow exhaust (w/200 cell cats) and Renntech monolites on the front took me from the 10.9s @ 128 mph to 10.6 @ 133 mph. I believe the car was making about 700 to the wheels.

The drop from 10.62 to 10.27 didn't happen overnight. It was over a year later. More dyno time, better tune, added carbon ceramic brakes (lost nearly 100 lbs of rotating mass there alone), carbon driveshaft (lost more rotating mass), transmission mods and used a Hoosier drag radial instead of Mickey Thompsons. The result of all of that work... .35 quicker (10.62 - .35 = 10.27) on a better 60 foot (1.62 to 1.68) and 3.7 mph faster (133.7 + 3.7 mph = 137.4 mph).

Last edited by SGC; 03-08-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
SLIGHTLY off topic, but did anyone watch the SLR run in SGC's sig, clocked a 1.4x 60ft, SHYTE that is fast
Old 03-08-2012, 07:28 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
'09 CLK550, '21 Camaro ZL1 1LE, '06 C55 AMG, '20 AMG GT53
SGC was exactly correct about my S600 which I used N20 to run 10.58@132.46. My best time was 11.25@123 with no N20. My S600 was incredibly stock aside from the Renntech ECU/TCU tune. Other mods were BMC air filters (stock air intake no ram air), drag radials, 104 octane, and Eisenmann rear mufflers. My N20 kit was a grafted kit from an LS1 chevy that used the same type fuel fitting. This was totally my deal and Renntech did not prompt me in any way. No cooling mods, weight reduction, or skinny front tires. Shew, this thread is totally crazy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SGC you said your Meth was removed after 10.9x run