W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Mod #2 for Texas mile wont fit. (Light rotors)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2011 | 07:05 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Mod #2 for Texas mile wont fit. (Light rotors)

I bought these rotors from an Evosport dealer and they listed them for an SL55 or E55 front rotors but not back rotors. I really wanted to run these in the mile and a real good source assured me all the fronts are the same.

My stock rotors are worn out and were damn near welded on. Had beat the hell out of the front one (ruined it) to get it off. Went to put the new shiney , light Evosport on and the hat is a 1/4" to shallow. Wont work on a CL.

My stock rotors are really heavy, so looks like the Evosport rotors are worth about 50lbs off a Cl55 X4. !!!

My car is down now, until I can figure out rotor options. Hope Brad has a easy quick solution.

You can see the depth difference here.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-17-2011 | 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
according to the evosport website they make 2 piece rotors specific to your car. maybe try brad from here. for info your rotor height is 76mm and the e55 is 64mm the only other car with the same hat height is the s55.
Old 09-17-2011 | 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Put spacers on the calipers.

Hope you get this sorted out soon.
Old 09-17-2011 | 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
That sucks, know how that feels. Pretty much my entire Friday. Hope you find a resolution soon.
Old 09-17-2011 | 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

W221
What a way to find out!?!?

Hope you can get things sorted quickly and get the beast back up and rollin!
Old 09-17-2011 | 10:50 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
according to the evosport website they make 2 piece rotors specific to your car. maybe try brad from here. for info your rotor height is 76mm and the e55 is 64mm the only other car with the same hat height is the s55.
Thank you! That is good info to have.

If you look at my stock front rotor, you can see the hammer marks on it,as I had to beat it off. I beat the flange, beat the hub, wd40 (lol), took a long break, then came back and beat them all again, until it came off.

Put spacers on the calipers.
Lol, that crossed my mine to but then just emailed Brad instead. :}

The CL front rotors are the heaviest damn things I have ever seen! 37lbs and they are well worn. I bet they are near 39lbs new. FAIL! Was Really looking forward to these light rotors and more stopping power.

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
What a way to find out!?!?

Hope you can get things sorted quickly and get the beast back up and rollin!
Thanks!

That sucks, know how that feels. Pretty much my entire Friday. Hope you find a resolution soon.
I messed with all for 3 hours and ashamed to say it took me that long. Just a bad wrench day.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 09-17-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-18-2011 | 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
could be worse. i stripped the threaded inlet for my rear caliper. had it fixed (70$) then reinstalled everything. good day! then heard a squeak and looked in the engine bay to see my crank pulley wobbling like crazy!! elastomer shot. now ordering new parts to have by the weekend to install. bummed plum out! 32k on the odometer
Old 09-18-2011 | 08:41 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
could be worse. i stripped the threaded inlet for my rear caliper. had it fixed (70$) then reinstalled everything. good day! then heard a squeak and looked in the engine bay to see my crank pulley wobbling like crazy!! elastomer shot. now ordering new parts to have by the weekend to install. bummed plum out! 32k on the odometer
I learned to not force a bad wrench day. When it starts going bad, things falling, lost tools , etc. Time to stop, Maybe check back later or another day.

My Car is going to sit up , until I can get a quick rotor solution.. The new rotor flanges are going to get a little grease. I have never seen a rotor stuck on so bad.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-18-2011 | 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
no grease! put some anti seize on the face of the hub, just a thin layer